Alternative RK
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[RP] The Eligible Bachelor

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

[RP] The Eligible Bachelor - Page 4 Empty Re: [RP] The Eligible Bachelor

Post  arthur_loxley Mon Mar 23, 2009 8:30 am

---fromENCrystal Ice wrote: She was afraid she had missed out on being able to place a final bid, she wondered what everyone would of bid. As she studies the ladies, those she knew were from well known and wealthy families, the others she had no clue. She takes the paper and quill from the servant as he steps up to her.
Who could these others be, she thought long and hard, she was a lady of means herself and knew she could more than match anyone here, she knows Arthur is priceless to her, but what figure does she bid. The hospital was well and truly taken care of with even the last voiced bids and then some, but love what price can she put on love.
Taking a deep breath, she digs deep within herself knowing this would be the only chance she had of ever being truly happy. She nervously writes down a figure signing it with her full name before placing the paper in the envelope.
She holds it momentarily before looking over at the Princess and Arthur, as the servant walks back past her again she passes him the envelope, watching as he gathers a few more and takes them to the Princess.
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Post  arthur_loxley Mon Mar 23, 2009 8:31 am

Mommikerri wrote:She watched Headdie's sister, Liza, and the look of despair when Princess Brianna stated she could only accept her first bid. A little worried when she saw Ekaterine come in with purse full of money and hand it over to Ada, she bit the inside of her lip.

If the ladies could rely on the help of others to bid for Arthur's hand in marriage, she could help Headdie's sister. Certainly, if he was healthy he would be here with the title of his plantation as well as the surrounding lands. Yet, she wasn't without means either. She looked at Liza and wondered how much it would take to ensure her happiness.

Additionally, she reasoned, if Red could come and make a bid for a lady who chose to keep her identity a secret, then she could make a bid for Liza with a clear conscience.

Taking a piece of parchment she carefully considered the worth of her estates. The people of Hertfordshire worked hard under her kind hand and made her a rich lady in her own right. The steward kept her up to date of her earnings and while she would rather take the profits of her land and build her own hospital, she desperately wanted to see Liza happy. Carefully writing down her bid, she blew on the ink and carefully folded it.

Walking over to Princess Brianna, she curtsied and gracefully rose, handing her the piece of parchment. "Please accept my bid on Lady Lizabet's behalf."
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Lizabet wrote:As the Princess denies her last bid, Liza lowers her head, her thoughts in turmoil. This evening had been so full of ups and downs, she didn't know what to think. After the clock had struck midnight and her bid was the last, she had thought she had won and her heart had surged with joy, only to plummet when the Princess changed the rules at the last moment. And now this. Well, what will be will be, she thinks, taking a deep swallow of her wine.

In the midst of swallowing, she chokes as she hears Kerri's words to the Princess as she places her bid. Her eyes widen in shock, then a smile spreads across her face, lighting her features with hope and gratitude. Her brother had indeed chosen the right woman, a woman of compassion and kindness. Liza didn't know how she would ever repay her but if it took the rest of her life, she would.

Liza relaxes slightly in her chair, confident that with the bid placed for her by Kerri, she would finally find her happiness.
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Lizabet wrote:After some consideration, Liza feels she needs to speak. She rises to her feet and directs her gaze to the Princess.

Your Highness, I feel I must say something. With all due respect, I must raise my objection to these proceedings as they have evolved. She pauses to collect her thoughts, then continues in a clear, loud voice.

This event was to offer the hand of Lord Loxley in marriage through means of an open auction, proceeds to benefit a children's hospital. We have all come here in good faith to that end.

The rules of this auction were simple, it was to be open, the lady to unmask herself at the conclusion, the auction ending at midnight with the highest bid accepted as the winner.

Liza moves her glance to the scribe sitting nearby, diligently recording all the details. Would you please read the relevant parts back? she asks him with a smile.

The scribe nervously clears his throat, clearly reluctant to become involved, but he can't deny the lady's request.

Brianna wrote:Rules are clearly its an open auction for Aurthers hand in marriage...

Brianna wrote:"Well the bidding will stop at Midnight tonight the last bid will win.. "

Brianna wrote:(Lizabeth rp midnight is fine.. We will finish up tomorrow Im hoping Very Happy.. So I will say by 9 am centraol us time is for the last votes... )

These rules are quite clear and unmistakable. The hour of midnight has come and gone. If I am not mistaken, the last bid was for the amount of 60,000, placed by myself. She looks once more at the scribe, feeling a bit sorry to be putting him in such a place but her sense of indignation and righteougness would not allow her to keep silent. He rustles through his parchment and reads out the bid.

Posted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 7:02 am (OOC: This time is EST, which is 8:02 am CST, the time zone specified.)
lizabet wrote:My bid is 60,000.

Liza directs her gaze once more to the Princess, having given the man a smile of thanks and making a note to slip him a few coins for his apparent unease.

Princess, by your own words, we do have a winner of this auction. The fact that it was continued after this, as a silent bid no less, could make the results seem suspect, to say the least.

As she continues, Liza holds the Princess's gaze and arches an eyebrow. I am sure that the honor of the Tudors, as well as yours as a Princess, would not allow this. A Tudor's word is his bond, as I'm sure Lord Loxley will agree. I respectfully submit that you accept my last bid as the winner. As a token of my admiration for your cause, I will also add an additional 190,000 pounds as a donation to my bid to see that your hospital is well funded.
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Post  arthur_loxley Mon Mar 23, 2009 8:32 am

Muin wrote:Looks at Lizabet, then at Kerri. Then looks at Ada. Brianna was taking this rather well.

She looks at Arthur, who seemed to have no interest in who won.

A strong emotion rose within her, and she left the room with a swirl of her skirt. She would tell her friend that this man seemed comfortable with the arrangements, and did not need any help.

Goodbye Arthur.

She says on her way out.

All the best for the rest of your life.
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Post  arthur_loxley Mon Mar 23, 2009 8:32 am

Lady_brianna wrote:Starting to feel extremely irrated that her consideration for everyone was being taken for granted she stood up from her chair. Her legs were shaking a bit, her body was not holding up well under the stress of the moment. She did her best to calm her voice, but her face was flaming still. "My family’s integrity should never have been questioned, nor our motives. The ONLY reason I allowed the bidding to go beyond the designated time was to allow all who were interested the chance to make one final bid. After the questions put forth here, and our honor questioned, I have decided that the chance I tried to provide was obviously not appreciated, therefore I will not be accepting ANY of the final bids!!! She had to take a deep breath before continuing, the baby was making itself known, and her indignation was making it hard for her to breathe. The last bids given by each of the interested parties were as follows, Lizabet’s, at 60,000, Ada’s at 26,2000, Lady Breeze at 25,000, and Crystal Ice’s for 75,000 pounds. Crystal Ice’s last bid was slipped to me before she went to the gardens for air. Based on these bids, Crystal Ice has won Arthur’s hand. She turns to her nephew and then to Crystal Ice "M'lady will you please unmask yourself.. Arthur I need to know if you will accept this bid? "

Turning to Ada with tears in her eyes, she gives her a hugs and whispers in her ear " I’m sorry sweety." Giving Ekaterine a weak smile, she goes back and sits down awaiting Arthur’s answer. She had so many emotions running through her at the moment she didn't know which one to feel, but her temper was always the one to win. She took some deep breaths trying to keep calm for the baby, but she would not stand and could not handle her family's honor to ever be questioned..

(For anyone disputing the results, I will post a screenshot of Crystal Ice’s final bid, showing it was well before the original deadline. She sent it because RL prevented her from being online at the time that the bidding would end. I cannot until I have express permission, as I don’t feel like getting smacked by a furry creature.)

(Quite right, Princess. Keep it civil, ladies. :-) Tarsier)
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Post  arthur_loxley Mon Mar 23, 2009 8:33 am

---fromENcapoeiracrara wrote:Loosing her breath, Ada swallows hard. Pulling a disorted smile she looks around embarassed. Curtsying to Arthur, Brianna and her sister Ekaterine, she states humbly:

"Well, this was for the children after all. I admit I had other interests in it too, but the little ones still need a good facility." she pauses for a moment and then goes on "In behalf of family, who I know supports the cause, I shall donate my final bid to help the Hospital grow." Smiling at the others, she turns around nods to Brianna assuring the £1,275,000.

Ada leaves the hall and motions the carriage which will take her back to the Hanley Castle where her son awaits.
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Arthur_loxley wrote:He was gaining a healthy respect for how women must feel the longer he stood and listened to these women bid for his hand. He'd really not expected any response, thought most would chalk this up to his auntie's eccentric nature and only come for the laughs, free food and drink. This...whatever this was, was much more than he was prepared for. Why it almost seemed like they were fighting over him! He stood amazed, and a little frightened, perhaps more than a little. This wasn't what he wanted at all, if he could have slunk out and disappeared, at this particular moment, he would have fled for the hills.

Keeping his own council, he grabbed for another drink, quickly emptying the cup and having another. Was that? Oh My Jah, it was! His jaw dropped at the sight. What was she doing here, and by Jah, why was she bidding? And oh my...that one was masked, but the voice was very familiar. He couldn't believe it, she was seriously bidding on him?He'd had no idea...then Ada came in, one he'd not expected to ever see again. He felt a pang, but realized it was because he'd missed her friendship, nothing more. He knew that she would always hold a special place in his heart; there was much history between the two of them. The memories of his past sprung up, and he couldn't help but smile at the good times. Not something he could voice though.

He took a deep breath as the evening ended, then rushed over when his Auntie got upset. He was upset himself by then, this was supposed to be fun, not to distress her, especially in her delicate state. He'd spoken not a word until then, but now he had to.
Aunt Bri, are you alright? Should I find a place for you to lay down? Who won? Wha...oh...yes, I am content with the winner as long as there is a one month engagement period. He motioned for all, Ladies and Gentlemen, to back off and supported his aunt, until it dawned on him. He slowly raised his head, and his eyes were in complete shock. He'd just stated his consent for Marriage! Oh Jah, I'm in trouble now!
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Lizabet wrote:OOC: If Crystan Ice's bid was the highest but was not posted, it is an unfair advantage as we were not aware of the increase in bids and therefore had no opportunity to answer it. Again I state, this was an OPEN auction. Therefore, it should be disqualified, in the interest of fairness, and integrity.
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Post  arthur_loxley Mon Mar 23, 2009 8:34 am

Arthur_loxley wrote:OOC: Whether you like the results or not, they are final. Personally, I feel you have insulted my Aunt and family, neither of which was called for. This was supposed to be a fun event.. and now it's been tainted. :?

I take this as a personal insult and will hold it against you IC so long as you do not apologize. If our friendship IC means anything to you, you will apologize to Brianna for showing a lack of respect for my aunt and Hostess. Neutral

I am willing to enter into an engagement with Crystal Ice as agreed. I would ask that there be no further bickering over the results.

Thank you.
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Post  arthur_loxley Mon Mar 23, 2009 8:34 am

Mommikerri wrote:Raising an eyebrow at the turn of events, she quickly stood and smoothed out the wrinkles of her gown. Her heart sad for Liza, she shook her head till her curls floated around her face, hiding her frustation over these events.

Wanting to say something but knowing it would be unwise to publically vent, she gently placed her hand on Liza's shoulder. "Can I take you home, Liza?"
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Post  arthur_loxley Mon Mar 23, 2009 8:35 am

Lizabet wrote:Liza's eyes blazing, she stands. She directs her comments first to Arthur.

Arthur, because of our long-standing friendship, and out of respect for you, I will offer an apology to your family. The hurt in her eyes that he values their years of friendship so lightly is unmistakable.

She turns to face the Princess. Your Highness, I do apologize if my comments were taken as an insult to your family. While I am disappointed in the manner this auction was handled, it is in no way a reflection upon your family's honor, and I am sorry if it was taken as such. I understand that this is the first time you have attempted something such as this, and things have not gone as smoothly as we all would have liked. She smiles as she curtsies to the Princess. Again, my deepest apologizes.

Turning to Kerri, gives her a smile. Yes, I think it's time for home. Before they leave, she remembers something and turns back. She approaches the Princess and hands her the purse she had been carrying.

I do believe your cause is a worthy one. I would still like to make a donation of 150,000. She hands the Princess the purse.
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Post  arthur_loxley Mon Mar 23, 2009 8:35 am

Desideratist wrote:Tarsier thinks the purpose of this thread is complete. Discussion of the "rules" after the event, especially OOC, will only end in trouble.
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum