Alternative RK
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[RP] The Eligible Bachelor

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

[RP] The Eligible Bachelor - Page 3 Empty Re: [RP] The Eligible Bachelor

Post  arthur_loxley Mon Mar 23, 2009 8:18 am

Lady_brianna wrote:A shock of Suprise as Ada shows up as she laughs noticing the arrival of Muin and her cousin she gives them a wave and a smile ... " Good Evening you two" Offering them chairs ...

"Well the bidding will stop at Midnight tonight the last bid will win.. Please remember this is all for a good cause and Arthur is a good man "" she smiles having the srevant offer everyone a drink and passing out snacks..
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Lizabet wrote:OOC: Could you be more specific, please? I was under the impression that the highest bidder would win. Also, with the time zone difference, midnight for one might not be midnight for another. :?
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Muin wrote:Damnat enters the Hall and smiles at Brianna.

How are you, Princess, my travel took me longer than required. I am here today on behalf of a friend, who wants rather desperately, this handsome young Tudor!

She waves to Arthur, and steps up to him. Drops her voice low and whispers in his ear,

Is there any lady you particularly like? My friend tells me you must be happy with the winner, you have to spend a lifetime with her after all.
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

---fromENcapoeiracrara wrote:Ada straightens her dress and speaks out loudly “£16000.”

Wonders what Liza took that is making her look so goofy laughing like that and makes a mental note to ask her later – that’s certainly something she’d like to try out in a more apropriate time.

Seeing another Lady entering the hall Ada sighs worried... her money will be up soon and by the looks of it that lady must be carrying a lot of ££££...
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Post  arthur_loxley Mon Mar 23, 2009 8:19 am

Revandenizen wrote:Lady Breeze had sat back for a good while now, a little disappointed that she hadn't been able to ask the man in question what she really had intended on asking - "Don't you want to marry for love?"

She was sure that there had been some lady that his heart had been attached to, there must have been. Perhaps several? Who knew, all she could think about was the man up in the front of the room, who was completely silent now. She could tell by his stance that when he answered her, he was all nerves, and Breeze figured that seeing the current bids go about, Arthur must be a wreck.

A small part of her felt justified in his fear. Now you know what women sometimes feel like when our fathers try to arrange marriages for us, she thought, and she shuddered to think of her past. Her own father had arranged a marriage for her ... and she had run away, deciding that she would marry for love.

The other larger part felt completely sorry for the man, as she watched the tempers and bids of the ladies flare up so. The man had shown no reaction of yet to any of the ladies who went back and forth. Breeze checked her purse ... but she still didn't know if she would bid on him ... she felt it wrong, even if it was for a good cause ...

She mustered up her bravery ... "Ladies, I offer a 25,000 pound donation for the hospital ... to be added to the bid of the lady that Arthur favors ..."

She felt the time was right ... she slipped off her mask as well ...
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Revandenizen wrote:... and took off the hood of her cloak.

"Forgive me for wandering in here, I know none of you, but I feel that Arthur, no matter how noble the cause is, you should marry for love. So to encourage that, I will help the lady you desire to "win" you."
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

---fromENcapoeiracrara wrote:Hearing Lady Breeze’s question Ada comes back to herself and lets her head hang sighing…

She steps forward and looking her love of so many time in the eyes she states “She is right. This is getting silly, even though its for a wonderful cause. I will bid everything I can bid, which totals to a £26000 pounds amount. That is, unfortunately all I can offer; I would offer more if I could, but I can’t.” Lowering her eyes she adds “You know that even though everything we said in the past (specially me) I love you very much. So much that I’m going to step back and accept your choice, because I need you to be happy. Even if it means its not with me.” Stepping back she says “I’m sorry for everything that happened before, I just hope that there still is time for us to be together.” She turns around and walks back to her chair sitting quietly and waiting the bride to be chosen.

Holding tightly to the locket he gave her, a golden locket with their innitials craved into it, she hopes he’ll remember how happy they were and still knows how happy they still can be.
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Post  arthur_loxley Mon Mar 23, 2009 8:20 am

Lizabet wrote:The unmasking of the woman took Liza by surprise, and she smiles at her. It was a noble thing she offered.

As Ada makes her speech, Liza's thoughts wander, her attention turned inward. She lifts her head at last and after long, careful consideration raises her hand once more.

I bid 30,000 pounds.
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Lady_brianna wrote:(Lizabeth rp midnight is fine.. We will finish up tomorrow Im hoping Very Happy.. So I will say by 9 am centraol us time is for the last votes... )
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

---fromENCrystal Ice wrote: She had sat down at the table watching the proceedings, looking at the faces of those attending, tears, gifts, words of a love lost. She had waited to see where the bidding would go , a little nervous now she stood
Your Highness I would like to make another bid of £35000
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Post  arthur_loxley Mon Mar 23, 2009 8:23 am

Lizabet wrote:It had been a long night. Liza leans back in her seat and sips her wine, slowly, not quite trusting the contents. She sets it down on the table as she hears the latest bid. She looks up from her glass and studies Arthur for a moment.

Liza raises her hand and gives another bid.

50,000 pounds.
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Muin wrote:Damnat looks at Lizabet, the girl looks like she really loves this man. The other one, with tears in her eyes. And Arthur, not responding to any one directly.

Lady Breeze had said aloud what she would have said, that a man must marry for love. But today, she had a job to do.

How much does it cost for a hospital, Princess?

55,000 P.

But seriously, how much do you need?
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Lizabet wrote:Liza smiles. She agrees with the lady, and is willing to be even more generous.

Hospitals are expensive. And we should have one with the most up-to-date facilities available. It is a most worthy cause.

My bid is 60,000.
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Post  arthur_loxley Mon Mar 23, 2009 8:24 am

Muin wrote:It must feel good, Arthur, such lovely ladies putting their hearts on display, for you.

But which one would you wake up to, every morning?

Think about it, while I make a bid that should settle this.

100000 P. Enough for your hospital, Princess.

Turns to Arthur

You need to answer me, my friend. It is your life, after all.
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Post  arthur_loxley Mon Mar 23, 2009 8:24 am

Lizabet wrote:Liza looks surprised at the latest bid as the clock had already struck midnight. Well in any case, she was prepared, should her last bid not stand.

125,000 pounds.
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Post  arthur_loxley Mon Mar 23, 2009 8:25 am

---fromENcapoeiracrara wrote:Sighing as the bids get higher and higher she sees now that even if he was to pick her, she wouldn't be able to out bid the others. It was too much. Plus she believed that no money in the world could buy love. And it seemed as she had lost Arthur's for good. It was as if he didn't even notice her there.

Silently and discretely Ada thinks at the cause and thinks to herself "At least the children will get proper treatment. God knows I would give all the money in the world if Agu depended on it." After that thought a melancholic feeling took her over, she started remembering Arthur and Agu together, such a fine combination those two. She remembered Arthur teaching Agu to whistle. Or Ákos widening his eyes at Agu's heavy handed petting. She chuckled.

And accepting the idea she takes a swig from her Hanley flask.
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Post  arthur_loxley Mon Mar 23, 2009 8:29 am

---fromENcapoeiracrara wrote:Shaking her head and not taking a silent no as an answer, Ada walks up to him and as she reaches him she takes his hands and says "I don't believe, I refuse to believe - unless you say it out loud - that you don't feel a thing for me anymore. Because I know that I still feel it. And a feeling this strong can't be felt alone. Has to be shared." Lowering her eyes and then looking directly into his again she continues "Give me a minute, I only need a minute to talk to you in private. For everything we lived together... and for everything we still can live!..."
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Lady_brianna wrote:Smiling happily at all the bids this would definately be enough to do some wonderful good for this country and help everyone.. " Ladies I am going to except final bids... I would like all final bids places in an envelope (pm) and sent to me ... This is your change to out bid everyone.. There must be exact amounts and its from the last highest bid.. " she smiles and has the servants pass around again giving all the ladies paper and pens...

(I am going to wait to close the thread till all parties bidding have had a chance .. I understand we live in different times zones and I figured this would be the best way to handle final bids so there was no changing its just the waiting game. Sorry for any confusion I kinda learned as we went along.)
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Lizabet wrote:Liza looks extremely startled. The rules for the auction had been clear and unmistakable. It was to be an open auction, ending at midnight. Midnight had come and gone.. yet the auction was still commencing? She frowns as she accepts the paper and bends to scrawl her bid, hoping the Princess would, if not accepting her last bid as the final bid in the open auction, look upon this one favorably. Some things are priceless, and worth more than the weight of the world, love being one of them. She finishes and hands it to the servant waiting to receive it.
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Ekaterine wrote:Breathing quickly Ekaterine races in. What trouble could her beloved but mischievous sister have gotten in to now. She looked at the scrawled note

Sis come quick I need you bring money

Ekaterine notes ruefully that a little more detail would not have gone amiss but well details was not her sisters middle name.

She espies her sister and rushing over, "Sweetie! are you alright?" Ekaterine had not to this point taken in her surroundings, she composed herself as she could see that her sister was not, in fact, in immediate danger of loss of life or limb. "I was not sure what your note meant so I grabbed everything from Algernon's safe, I have some cash" hand her sister a fat purse, "your second best jewelry case" forks that over as well, "and a letter of credit from the bank on behalf of the family"

"What in the name of Jah are you up to now?"
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

---fromENcapoeiracrara wrote:"OH!" Ada hugs her sister and grabbing the super mega bag from her hand she grins!

Taking the paper and pen from the servant she makes her bid, the last one. And with a smile mischievous smile on her face she hands it personally to Brianna.

Rushing back to her sister she says "Thank Jah you got my note. I knew I was going to need some cash, and you took so long that I thought you might have never gotten it." sighing in relieve she adds as she hugs her sister "Thank you so much. This meant a lot to me. And I bet it will cause a great deal of rufus at the Castle..." chuckles.
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Lady_brianna wrote:Noticing Ekaterine enter the room in a hurry she smiles giving her a hug and a kiss " Ladies Please do excuse this.. Tis the first time for this sort of thing and I must say I didn't plan it well enough.. I wasn't expecting such lovely and fine ladies to attend for the heart breaker over there.." she chuckles and gets EKaterine a drink opening the envelops from Lizabeth and Ada her eyes opening wide at the sight..

"Ekaterine my friend shall we drink ourselves silly till the last vote come in " She chuckles and orders some more drinks..
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Lizabet wrote:Reconsidering as she sees the woman rushing in with a heavy bag, Liza puts out a hand to stop the servant. She asks for her bid back and, a bit nervously, changes it, hoping Headie won't mind her spending the family fortune. But it's for a good cause, she thinks as she hands it back. Sighing, she places the quill on the table, confident she had done all she could. She watches as the servant hands it to the Princess.
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Post  arthur_loxley Mon Mar 23, 2009 8:30 am

Lady_brianna wrote:With a heavy heart she sighs " I cant except but your frist bid Liza im sorry love.. its all secret no one knows but me .. " her heart breaking the sight of the girls who wanted Arthur and ready to fight for him tore her up .. She knew this feeling how could she deny any of theem.. Perhaps she could divide him up in time share Razz..No no woouldn't work only one winner after last bids she would show them to arthur to decide on any ties ..
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Post  arthur_loxley Mon Mar 23, 2009 8:30 am

Revandenizen wrote:Revan looked around at all of the quick bidding. My, this had been quite a night, she thought to herself, and who the man belongs to has not even been revealed yet!

"Princess Brianna, now don't be silly, you have planned a wonderful event. Don't worry about all these ladies - think of the children!" she said with a smile on her face.

She politely took a glass of wine to enjoy while she sat with the others for the results, seeing if Arthur would take her donation towards a lady of his choosing in the result of a tie ...
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum