Alternative RK
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[RP] The Eligible Bachelor

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

[RP] The Eligible Bachelor Empty [RP] The Eligible Bachelor

Post  arthur_loxley Mon Mar 23, 2009 7:58 am

Lady_brianna wrote:A servant baring the crest of the Tudor family rides into London a small smirk on his face still is disbelief that the young master has agreed... His mistress had heard man talks between the to of them when he would settle down and carry on the name.. Hoping down from his horse he takes out the parachment from his bag and a fixes it to the notice board..

[RP] The Eligible Bachelor Auction

(rules will be posted Thursday night for all those who wish to participate in this event.. Please feel free to come as yourself or as a mask if you so desire to keep yourself unknown to him till the last minute..)
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

[RP] The Eligible Bachelor Empty Re: [RP] The Eligible Bachelor

Post  arthur_loxley Mon Mar 23, 2009 7:59 am

Lady_brianna wrote:Sitting at her desk in the parlour she looked at the papers all things were ready for the auction, food, wine, and a rope encase Arthur changed his mind.. Chuckling softly still in shock that he had agreed to this arrangement..

Hearing the door open Ingrid bowing to let her know the builder was here with the plans for the hospital.." Show him in please, Ingrid." Standing slowly a hand on her stomach as she watches the gentleman enter the room. He gave her a deep bow "Your Highness, tis a great honor to help you on this.. I can not tell you how pleased my family is to hear of this project and what pride it gives me to do it." As if he catches himself stuttering along he smiles "Listen to me going along, Here are the plans for the hospital.. Three wings just as you wished.. Giving a small smile to her a bit of surprise in the design for you.. It was my wife's idea Milady she thought it would be quite interesting.. If you don't like it then we can of course change them."

Watching as the parchment changed hands between the man and Ingrid she could feel the excitement of seeing her idea on paper for the first time.. Taking the plan from her maid she opens them slowly as a big smile crosses her face from sheer delight and a laugh as she shows Ingrid.."Its brilliant, I love it.. Now that this step is done I have a few letters to write. To get the ball rolling on the start of construction. Sir you have done a wonderful job." Opening one of the chests that was on her desk she pulled out a few gold pieces and gave them to the gentleman " Here payment to your wife for her wonderful idea. And you both are invited to the auction this coming weekend. Here take a few more so you may make arrangements for party clothes.. I must keep my builder happy.. " she smiles as the man shakes his head in protest at the generous offer "You take it you should never tell the princess no.." she smiles..

"As you wish your highness my wife will be most excited and thank you for your generous payment. I shall take my leave till you call for me." Watching as the man leaves she looks down at the plans again with a smile she rolls it up for Ingrid to store..

"Ingrid please store these plans and put them in hiding place as well as these chests of gold Lady Gabrielle's family has been sending over the years.. I was never quit sure what to do with them other than just add them to family money.. I do believe that it will be more fitting going to something to help the people and their protectors."

Nodding Ingrid rushes off with a few of the items to hide and quickly returns for more until they are all hidden safely away,..Looking out he window , a smile came to her face as a brief memory flooded as she looked out this familiar window that had keep her company so many times so many years ago. Snapping from her gaze she quickly pens out two notes giving them to the winded Ingrid "Please see Jonathan gets these delivered. And go take the afternoon off dear..I'm sure I can find someone to keep me out of trouble for today." she gives her a wink and turns her gaze back out the window..
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Post  arthur_loxley Mon Mar 23, 2009 7:59 am

---fromENAlithia wrote:A hooded and cloaked figure paused before a flyer flapping in the slight breeze. She read the notice, a wry smile curling the corners of her lips. She lifted the parchment seeking more information but was disappointed to find none.

I must keep my eye out. This would be too interesting to miss.

ooc: Have these rules been posted yet?
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Post  arthur_loxley Mon Mar 23, 2009 8:01 am

Lady_brianna wrote:Rules are clearly its an open auction for Aurthers hand in marriage... There are no refunds you broke it you bought it Razz.... Its an rp so have fun and enjoy yourself.. You can use a mask or your regular account if you use a mask you must unmask yourself once the auction is over..
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Arthur_loxley wrote:Arthur entered the ballroom, still shocked that he'd agreed to such a crazy proposition. He reminded himself once again that it was for a good cause, though a wife! It would be a huge adjustment for him, having someone besides himself to worry about.

He said aloud:
Hmm...it will get the women in my family off my back though, and keep certain ladies I'd shown no interest in to leave me be, he thought to himself. Not a bad trade off, he thought, for making my crazy auntie and sister happy.

And he had made it clear that no men would be allowed to bid, as well as had total veto power if one of those women happened to be...no...he shuddered...she wouldn't.
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Lady_brianna wrote:Arriving into the room as she notices Arthur giving him a smile .. A hand on her growing stomach she makes her way to him "How are you feeling? Are you sure you want to go through with this? Im sure I could arrange a marriage with a family." she gives him a hug and a light kiss on the cheek..

Ordering the servants to make sure all arrangements are ready for the evening and for guests to be arriving..
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Post  arthur_loxley Mon Mar 23, 2009 8:02 am

---fromENAlithia wrote:The cloaked figure slipped into the back of the ballroom. She pulled her hood closer around her face and surveyed the room. A few people milled around, but it was early yet. She walked down the aisle and selected a chair near the back. She watched the two at the front of the hall with interest.

The Tudors auctioning off one of their own. What a world we live in! But I must admit he is a fine looking one.

She leaned back in her chair, careful to keep her hood lowered over her brow, and settled in with amusement to watch the proceedings.
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Post  arthur_loxley Mon Mar 23, 2009 8:02 am

Lady_brianna wrote:Noticing as a masked lady enters the room and goes to the back of the room she turns back to Arthur "And here I thought no one would show up and I would be stuck with you forever ..She laughs loudly grabs a glass of wine as the servant passes..

Taking another glance at the lady she looked pretty from what she could see.. And she stood there very well caring herself well.. Wondering who she was..
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Post  arthur_loxley Mon Mar 23, 2009 8:03 am

Revandenizen wrote:Lady Breeze entered the room and looked about. Hmm, what a showing, she thought to herself, as she saw the groom to be, the Princess Brianna, and one figure sitting in the back of the room. Well, it is still early, and the man looks to be in good order, the women will flock. Though they will probably all be draped in cloaks, and who knows what will happen when they are all supposed to reveal themselves. Fight amongst themselves, like how men fight for the affection of a lady?

She frowned at herself. Here she was as well, she was one of the women, too, in a navy blue cloak that covered her dress. Upon her face she wore a golden mask ... she had figured that everyone else would be doing so. But ... why was she even here? She was in the room with a bunch of strangers, she had never met any of them (well, she was guessing that about the figure in the back, but she figured it might be some admirer of the man in question). She remembered laughing at the poster she saw a few days ago, saying aloud to friends, "Well, now what a man to put faith in women, there are many I know who would not!" She laughed, but it quickly died down and she bit her lip, staring at the announcement.

The thought had stuck in her mind ... who would do this? She had to admit that it was very bold and admirable for the man to do such a thing. A bit odd ... but noble indeed. Well, Breeze thought, nice to see a change of pace for once.

But would she bid? Even at this point, Breeze did not know ... she wasn't sure she really believed in it, she had always said to others that she would marry for love.

She smiled to herself and began to walk towards the front of the room. At the very least, she was here to enjoy the spectacle of the auction, even if she would not bid. And she should be proper and thank the hostess and the gentleman for what she was sure would be an entertaining evening at the very least ...
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

---fromENCrystal Ice wrote:Her carriage stopped at the doors, straightening her dress and fixing her mask before she entered the Grand Ballroom, she looked around in awe at the beautiful decorations, thinking it must of taken a lot of people to put this together.
An auction she was told of was about to commence, she took a glass from the tray of a passing waiter as she turned and casually walked along the many tables smiling to the few people she passed along the way standing to the side of a dance floor. She found empty table about half way down and placed her glass upon it, not too far away and close enough to see and hear what was going on.
She decides not to sit just yet, as she inquisitively looks around wondering what this night might bring. If nothing else it was going to be interesting.
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Lady_brianna wrote:Directing the servants over towards the new arrivals with refreshments she takes in what she can see of them trying to tell who is who.. Taking another sip of her wine rubbing her belly softly .. Wishing her husband would be here to help her she lets out a sigh..

Trying to keep her attentions on Arthur to keep him calm. Fidgeting with her dress trying to keep from bunching to much around the stomach..
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

---fromENAlithia wrote:The lady accepted a glass of wine from an accommodating servant. She took a sip, just a small one as the night looked to be long. Several newcomers had arrived and she swept her eyes over them as she sipped her wine, taking their measure. A faint smile curved her lips.

Her hand moved to her waist and she was reassured by the weight of the purse there. She doubted it would be needed, but she was ever a woman to be prepared for anything.

From her table placed near the wall, she had a good view of the center of attraction, the young bachelor and his aunt. The aunt was someone she recognized, as who in the kingdom would not? The nephew had made a name for himself and was almost as well known. She studied him closer. Even through his apparent nervousness, she sensed a distance to him. Her eyes narrowed. That he was handsome was beyond question. Yet there was something about his demeanor.. an aloofness perhaps? After all, he was a Tudor, a certainty of his station in life would be natural to him. Yet, why was he here tonight? What had brought his path in life to this moment? An enigma... one she wished to solve? Perhaps. Perhaps not.

The lady let her glance wander the room once more. Would any of these ladies be up to the challenge of this complicated man? Time would tell. She quietly sat enjoying her wine and impatient for the festivities to begin.
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Post  arthur_loxley Mon Mar 23, 2009 8:04 am

Revandenizen wrote:Breeze took a deep breath in as she walked towards the hostess and Arthur. Oh Jah, what are you doing? she thought to herself as she heard her shoes click on the floor beneath her. It was silent in the hall due to others still arriving. Girl, you are only about to make a fool of yourself, this is a noble family and you're here and you're not even sure of why or what you are doing. What are you going to do with a husband, anyways, you're not exactly a damsel in distress, some would say you're a damsel who can stand on her own two feet and who doesn't need a man ... and why are you nervous? You haven't even decided if you're going to put a bid up yet. Breeze stopped with the mental dialogue and put a smile on her face.

She curtsied to the pair. "Princess Brianna, it is a pleasure to finally meet you ... though I apologize for the cloak and mask. Thank you for putting on a wonderful event for us tonight, and such an interesting one at that."

She turned to the gentleman. "Sir Arthur, I must commend you on your bravery tonight, and such a noble cause. If I may ask, who came up with the proposition?"
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Lady_brianna wrote:Watching as a lady walks towards Arthur and herself, giving her a nod and a smile "It is a pleasure to meet you as well. I do hope you are enjoying yourself here tonight. We shall wait a bit longer and then get the evening started."
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

TheRedChef wrote: Lord Red strides into the well appointed ballroom. He adjusts his mantel, and with a bow addresses Princess Brianna Tudor

"Your Royal Highness, I have been appointed as a personal representive to these proceedings and have been authorized to perform all necessary acts. Due to my principal's modesty, she desires to remain anonymous until the blessed event. Let it be known that she is a well regarded member of the nobility and is of considerable means. I have every confidence that she will be a superb match for Lord Loxely.

"However," he glances at Arthur, "I must insist, in the best interests of my benefactor, that the highest bid be final and binding, and cannot be vetoed.

"Ma'am, I'd also like to add that it has been both a honor and pleasure to finally pay my respects. I eagerly await using my meager talents in the aid of such a noble cause."
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Post  arthur_loxley Mon Mar 23, 2009 8:05 am

Arthur_loxley wrote:With two more masked women joining the first, all sneaking glances his way, Arthur was starting to feel like a piece of meat. He felt as if he was being dangled from the rafters, and slowly being lowered to a pack of hungry wolves. He wasn't sure how cows could stand it, and hoped beyond hope they never felt this way before slaughter. It was a horrible feeling in the pit of his stomach.

He hadn't thought this one through nearly as well as he should. He was always too quick to come up with ideas; but this one definitely took the cake! It was supposed to make his auntie happy, and get her off his back about marriage. England was NOT supposed to rally behind her on this one, they were supposed to laugh it off and go their merry way and he would have been applauded for his effort. Maybe chastised for his behavior for the umpteenth time, but he could live with it for at least a short while. Here he was, stuck, to go to whomever wanted to pay the most.

Eyeing the ladies with curiousity, he couldn't help but wonder what their masks hid, and why they weren't showing themselves. He sure had to, shouldn't they do the same? He bowed to the lady who spoke, not feeling the least bit brave. Facing an army was easier than the beautiful lady standing before him.

Brave? Perhaps. Bravery is knowing when to say no, and when to let the ladies believe they've succeeded. He smiled and winked before going to find a drink or twenty. He needed to be drunk for this event.. or at least he thought it would be a good idea. He was starting to doubt himself.. his last idea, well, was not so smart!

When Red came in, blustering as usual, Arthur chalked it up to too much ale. It wasn't until he heard the words uttered that his mouth dropped.
Your benefactor sent YOU to represent her? I think you know me well enough Red, to know that I'd like to know who she is, blindly agreeing is definitely NOT in my nature.
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

TheRedChef wrote:Arthur, I am truly dissapointed. I would think that in the spirit of comity, charity, chivalry, and bravery that you have heretofore shown, you would embrace this affair wholeheartedly. Do not take my actions in this matter lightly, sir. I would not engage in them for mere jest, as it was only with the deepest, most heartwrenching entreaties that I could be convinced to come here.

After all, this is someone you already know. Someone who has pined for you from a far. Someone who yearns desperatly for your the faintest hint of your voice. Someone who languishes in your shadow, and only truely comes alive when you are near. Someone who could not suffer the harsh embarrasment should you reject her.

She is so overwrought by her affections for you she can barely speak of them in the deepest of confidences. This is the only way she can give voice to her heart, and she hopes that you would not deny her this one last chance at happiness.

That is way she offers this small token of her enduring love, should you doubt her. The Red hands over a small package wrapped in the purest white silk cloth. It contains a lock of long beautiful blond hair tied with the ribbon dyed with the rarest indigo.

Take heed Ladies. Should you endeavor to find romance here, I am sure you shall have plenty of it.
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

---fromENAlithia wrote:The lady listened to the blusterings of the new arrival, the treacly word spilling from his mouth. Her eyes moved between the two men. Finally, with determination, she stood.

She approached and addressed the one called Red first, her face shadowed by the hood. Your mistress believes she is a match for Sir Arthur? Yet she sends a lackey to plead her cause and make contrary demands. She bestows a token of her affection rather than reveal her face. Her voice was low and husky, hinting at a hidden amusement.

Sir Arthur is clearly a man of courage and action. His match should exhibit the same and be a woman of spirit. She paused and turned her eyes to the young lord. She brought her hands up and slid her hood off, revealing her fine features, her snapping emerald eyes, and her luxuriant auburn hair. She flashed him a smile. Don't you agree, Will?
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Lady_brianna wrote:Recieving a chair from a servant she sits back slowly holding her stomach as she watches the people and all the happenings.. This was getting better than the theater. Her feet starting to swell she had wished she had hired someone to handle the auction for her ...

Taking a deep breath she smiles at everyone "Ladies if you are ready we shall begin open bidding.. Please keep it lady like ."
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Lizabet wrote:Hearing the Princess's voice before Arthur can respond, Liza hides a smile. Wonderful timing. She turns and acknowledges her with a slight curtsy, bowing her head.

Of course, Your Highness.

With another amused glance at Arthur, she turns and makes her way gracefully back to her table. Once seated, she picks up her wine glass and sips it, studying Arthur as the proceedings begin. She could almost feel sorry for him, but after all he did agree to this.

Her eyes sweep the rest of the room, wondering which brave soul would make the first bid. Her attention comes to rest on Red, curious as to how he would overcome the restriction of men bidding. Perhaps just ignore it? After all, the other conditions of the auction had conveniently been overlooked by his mistress. Well, whatever the outcome, this unexpected turn of events had made what had already been an interesting evening even more intriguing.
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Lizabet wrote:Liza sits quietly, sipping her wine, her eyes roving over the room. Sensing the nervousness and excitement of the other participants, her expression softens. She decides to take it upon herself to make the first bid, hoping the others would follow suite.

She looks towards the front of the room and raises her hand, waiting to catch the attention of those gathered there. In a loud, clear voice she speaks up.

I would like to place a bid of 100 pounds.
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Post  arthur_loxley Mon Mar 23, 2009 8:06 am

Lady_brianna wrote:"Alright I have a 100 pds who will give me 200 pds for the handsome Arthur;s hand?
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

---fromENCrystal Ice wrote:She was watching the event unfold, a man had entered making himself known to the Princess and Lord Loxley. His voice raised she could hear his words, she wondered what his benefactor had to hide, by sending someone to take her place. She had her own reasons for being here and at first she wasn't sure, then on hearing the man's last words made it sound that it was impossible for anyone else to be a perfect match, which she thought insulting at the least and made her more determined.
More words were exchanged before one of the masked women revealed herself, before taking her seat there was a long pause before the bidding had begun.
The rules were not as clear as she would of liked, was there no time limit to this wonderous night, did the bidding continue endlessly. She wished they had been more clear. She had thought of this event, not only to have the chance of maybe standing by this handsome man's side, it was, however, a very worthy cause to which the funds would go. But who collected the funds and when would the plans for the hospital begin. She waited a little longer to see if anyone else would bid.
As a little time had passed

On hearing the first bid she stood a little closer with a wave of her fan to catch the Princess's eye,
200 pounds your Highness

Slightly conscious that now she has spoken her voice would be recognized, not that it mattered as her intentions were known.
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Lizabet wrote:After a long pause, Liza hears the new bid. She turns to consider the source, her eyebrow raised as she believes she recognizes the voice. She chuckles to herself, not surprised to find the lady here disguised. She turns back to the front of the room and casually raises her hand.

300! she says in a calm voice, a smile of amusement still on her lips.
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Lady_brianna wrote:The ladies bidding back and forth she smiles wow she thought, someone actually does want him.. She chuckles and nods in acknowledgment of the bids " I have 300 do I hear 400.. Come on this is to help build a hospital for England's people... Ladies we can do better than this for a nobleman." grinning she takes another drink of her wine and waits to see what will happen next.
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum