Alternative RK
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[RP] The Eligible Bachelor

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

[RP] The Eligible Bachelor - Page 2 Empty Re: [RP] The Eligible Bachelor

Post  arthur_loxley Mon Mar 23, 2009 8:06 am

---fromENCrystal Ice wrote:Not perturbed at all with the last bid, she took her time before bidding again. Waiting to see if another would join in.

500 pounds your Highness she said before taking up her glass, smiling back as the Princess acknowledges the previous bids.
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Post  arthur_loxley Mon Mar 23, 2009 8:07 am

Lizabet wrote:Liza raises her eyebrow at the bid and smiles. The reassuring weight of the purse at her side, as well as the backing of her family's fortune (this is one match Headie would be sure to approve of, in fact probably the only one, she thinks with a slight chuckle) settles her determination. With confidence, she raises her hand and offers another bid.

750 pounds, Your Highness.
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Mommikerri wrote:She couldn't resist.. she had to enter into the fray. Perhaps it was because her heart had grown cold from waiting for the one who made it shudder with delight when he was near, or perhaps the reason simply couldn't be put into words....

Nevertheless, just as Lizabet had uttered the words "750 pounds, your Highness." she burst through the doors, her cheeks flushed, her eyes sparkling with merriment...

"800 pounds for the hand of Lord Arthur Loxely Tudor! But only if he graces me with a kiss."
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Lizabet wrote:At the sound of the door bursting open, Liza's head whips around. Her mouth drops as she recognizes Kerri. Hearing her bid, at first she's speechless, then she breaks out into laugher. She moves over at her table and waves at Kerri to join her. Realizing her hand waving could be taken as a bid, she quickly looks at the front of the room and blushes. Deciding to make the best of it, she calls out.

850 pounds for the hand of Arthur. And all kisses will wait till after the auction! She giggles and looks again for Kerri, discreetly waving her over this time.
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Mommikerri wrote:Walking over to Liza, she couldn't help but laugh at the look of astonishment. Sitting with the lady, she boldly raises her hand and asks, "I think before we go any further a kiss should be had for all those bidding." Smiling sweetly at Lord Arthur Loxely, then at Princess Brianna, she raised her eyebrows. "Certainly we come together for a good cause. Think how much higher the bidding will go if the man chooses to grace those bidding with a kiss of his own?"
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Post  arthur_loxley Mon Mar 23, 2009 8:09 am

Lizabet wrote:Liza laughs at Kerri's suggestion. She casts a glance at Arthur then back at Kerri and shakes her head.

Thank you, but I'll wait. She smiles and looks once more at Arthur. Turning back to Kerri with a devilish smile, she tells her with a wink, There'll be plenty of time for that later...
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Post  arthur_loxley Mon Mar 23, 2009 8:10 am

Mommikerri wrote:Her laughter floated throughout the room. "Oh, but Liza, do remember this is for a good cause! Imagine those poor children who are ill and need medical attention. Surely Princess Brianna wants as much money as possible to afford them the best care! I am not asking for Lord Arthur to do anything against social norms.. no, indeed not!" Trying not to look indignant, she continues with a smile turning up the corners of her lips. "Does not a man of his station at least kiss a maiden on her gloved hand?"

Thoroughly enjoying herself, she helped herself to a glass of wine from a passing waiter. Lifting it up to Lord Arthur, she challenged him with a raised eyebrow....
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Lizabet wrote:Yes indeed, a most worthy cause. Liza lifts her glass and tips it towards Kerri, acknowledging her statement. As she takes a sip, her glance follows Kerri's to Arthur.

Knowing him as she does, she's sure he must be writhing inside with embarrassment at these proceedings, especially the unexpected wrinkles the night has so far brought. She was proud of him, however, for his stalwartly demeanor. Her attempt to spare him Kerri's request gone astray, she watches with interest to see how he reacts, an amused smile curling her lips.
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

---fromENcapoeiracrara wrote:Shocked. Ada was shocked and devastated when read the scroll that sold off the one that was her man for so long as a piece of meat. She tried to comfort herself saying it was for a good cause. It only comforted her mind, but not her heart… not at all.

“I loved you so much…” she said softly to herself “Who am I trying to fool? I still love you…” Tears streamed down her cheeks, cheeks which were for so long caressed and kissed by him.

Wiping the tears of her now pale skin Ada sat at the nearest chair hoping her heart would soon stop aching. She watched as the event evolved, alone on her seat.
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Muin wrote:In Ros O'g Cairbre, Muin raises her eyebrows on hearing the news.

Mouse to be auctioned? But wasn't Mouse a man of very strong tastes? Well, Bri never did anything without a plan, so..

Turns to the man beside her, and asks,

So, know anything about this? I hope Arthur has Veto power here, he could be in serious trouble!

Aren't you glad you are here? This could have been YOU, you know?

Laughs.

But I think Mouse will fetch rather high bids.. wonder why people like him so much..
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Chancelor wrote:Chancelor nods slightly, though he did not know that it could be him. This new person who was apparently a relative being auctioned like a piece of meat.

One could only hope he does have the power to say no, but knowing Bri, there may be something behind it.

He shruged, he didn't really know but at least it sounded like he did.

He is a handsome fellow, yet, I haven't had the opportunity to talk to him much.

He turns to the lady.

Why is it that you call him 'Mouse'?
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Muin wrote:Er..

Caught off guard, she blushes.

Actually, it's Mouse with Offspring.

Looks at Chance and realizes that explanation had not helped AT ALL.

He is rather handsome, and can be very charming when he wants to, and is a good politician, but well, um.. he's actually a friend too, but er..

Just let me call him Mouse, please, darling? I know he's your cousin and all, but he really is used to this by now.

Adds with an evil grin

And if he isn't, well, he will be! Twisted Evil
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Post  arthur_loxley Mon Mar 23, 2009 8:11 am

Chancelor wrote:*nods not understanding but realizes that he probably never would and simply accepts it*

Alright dear.

He smiles and lets it be.

I still think it's odd.
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Post  arthur_loxley Mon Mar 23, 2009 8:14 am

Muin wrote:What is? The auction? Well, it's for a good cause.. and Mouse could lend a girl some money if he wanted to marry her that badly, he has enough.

Ah, Mouse is odd?

Well, actually these nicknames just happen. We had fought on something, something huge actually, and had not spoken to each other for ages.

And one day, this guy comes and abuses Anto and calls him Mouse with Offspring. Arthur and I were so tickled we forgot we were fighting and laughed about it for hours. In fact that memory always makes me laugh.

Giggles.

After that, I call him Mouse.

Smiles at Chance.

How come you never ask me why I call you Jaan?

(Jaan= Life)
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Post  arthur_loxley Mon Mar 23, 2009 8:14 am

---fromENCrystal Ice wrote:She watched as more people entered the grand room. She did feel for Arthur being the center of attention, curious what was going through his mind right now.
After hearing the last bid she raised her hand again, as the Princess looked her way she smiled £1000 your Highness.
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Post  arthur_loxley Mon Mar 23, 2009 8:15 am

Chancelor wrote:He was glad he didn't have to bid, even more happy that the lovely lady beside him was not going to bid either.

Why is is that you call me "Jaan"?
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Muin wrote:I will tell you that, my love, at leisure...

Laughs.
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

---fromENcapoeiracrara wrote:After a while sitting there alone Ada gets mad, mad because no one should be bidding on her man. Arthur has always been hers. She jumps up decidedly and raising her hand she shouts “I’m bidding too!” she starts taking her jewelry off, the rings came off first, then the three looped pearl necklace – she left the golden locket with their innitials Arthur had given her still hanging on her neck, that one would never leave her body – and spoke “My bid is £3000, for starters. Plus all the jewelry I have here!…” She brings it forward.
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Lizabet wrote:As Liza sips her wine, her eye skims over the new arrival. She takes a last sip and stares at the dregs in her glass. My, how did this happen? she asks of no one in particular. We can't have this.. Looking around she catches the attention of a nearby waiter.
May I *hic* have another, please? she asks with a wide smile.

Newly fortified, she returns her attention to the main attraction. She narrows her eyes, unsure how there were suddenly two Arthurs. Perhaps to raise twice the money? she giggles to herself. Staring into her glass and wondering what besides wine it might hold, she nudges Kerri in the side with her elbow. She leans towards her and loudly whispers, I wonder how much of this Arthur had before *hic* agreeing to this.

Hearing the next bid, Liza raises her head. She starts to raise her hand to add her bid then realizes just in time it was the hand holding her wine. Setting it carefully on the table before she sloshes it all over, she then raises her hand with a sheepish look.

5000 pounds!
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

---fromENcapoeiracrara wrote:Widening her eyes as Liza bids £5000, Ada brings her hands to her hips and opens her mouth apalled!

Raising a brow she responds soberly “I will cover all the bids. Arthur and I are meant to be.” Fakes a smile at Liz and pulls a face before she sips from her Hanley flask.

“£6000!!!” scratches her head hoping Apocas won’t kill her…
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Post  arthur_loxley Mon Mar 23, 2009 8:16 am

Muin wrote:Fluffy, Princess Muin's black falcon flies in, circles over Ada, and drops a letter on her lap. A little bag is tied to her foot.

Ada, dear,

I was sure you will be there, and I'm sure there are many people who for some reason will want to marry that boy.

I had kept this as a wedding gift for Mouse, but you can have it now.

It is worth almost 10,000 P.

Much love,

Muin

In the bag, is a rare diamond and ruby necklace, brought from her own land.

[RP] The Eligible Bachelor - Page 2 Necklace_1smaller
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Post  arthur_loxley Mon Mar 23, 2009 8:17 am

---fromENcapoeiracrara wrote:Ada notices Fluffy and wonders what it’s up to circling there and shrieks as it lands next to her and drops a letter on her lap. Reading it she cups her cheeks and pulls a devious face. Quickly unwrapping the bag arround the beautiful bird, Ada holds the amazing jewel in her hands (hoping she wouldn’t have to set it as a bid offer).

Caressing the bird softly she whispers to it – as if Muin would get the message – “I will pay you back, my friend. Someday, somehow…” grinning she holds the jewel close to her heart.
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Post  arthur_loxley Mon Mar 23, 2009 8:17 am

Lizabet wrote:Liza watches all this and laughs. A magical bird, flying in from nowhere, landing on a woman who must fly like magic herself to be able to be here from Ireland, or was it Scotland? She shrugs. At the words the woman speaks, she laughs louder and shakes her head. Wiping the tears from her eyes, she raises her hand and between giggles she just can't seem to stop places her next bid.

10,000 pounds. She takes a sip from her glass and turns to Kerri. I never thought to be so entertained tonight, she tells her with a grin, finally having her giggles under control.
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Post  arthur_loxley Mon Mar 23, 2009 8:18 am

TheRedChef wrote:"While others may offer Irish jewels, my mistress offers a piece Irish history."

He claps his hand, and his servent carries in a small chest, kneels, and opens it in front of Her Royal Highness. Inside, nestled on the smoothest black velvet of al-Viz, is a veritible army of chessmen.

[RP] The Eligible Bachelor - Page 2 Lewischessman

"These chessmen were carved from whale ivory by Norse artisans now many centuries dead. Their earliest known owner was the treacherious Diarmiat Mac Murchada, the King of Leinster, who likely gleaned them from his Viking forebears. He and his Norman and Wlesh mercenaries were defeated in battle at Tara, after attempting to overthrow the High King of Ireland. Ironically, his efforts helped pave the way for King Henry the II to easily conquer the Isle.

"We also add 5,000 pounds, bringing our total bid to 12,000."
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Post  arthur_loxley Mon Mar 23, 2009 8:18 am

Lizabet wrote:Liza watches the presentation of the mysterious woman's bid. She arches an eyebrow.

Lovely as those may be, I've always found cold hard cash to be much more practical. My bid is raised to 15,000, backed by gold. She leans her elbows on the table, resting her chin in her hands as she waits for the next spectacle.
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum