Alternative RK
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Phoenix: Anathema and Kerri

Go down

Phoenix: Anathema and Kerri Empty Phoenix: Anathema and Kerri

Post  Timari Wed Feb 04, 2009 5:24 pm

Before the Phoenix Stables, I like this. Just thought it was so sweet the relationship between Ana and Kerri. Kerri was never as... umm... well ya know. Started May 30 2007.

---fromENAnathema wrote:Ana entered her old parlor silently and sat on the bed. She hadn't any desire to sleep in the bed she once shared with her former husband. Looking out the door she flagged down a servant and asked that all her belongings be transfers from their joint room back to her parlor. She lay down on her bed, her hand rubbing over her stomach which had just begun to round. As her eyes closed she reminded her self that amid everything that she had lost, there was so much more that she had to stay strong for.

Last edited by Timari on Wed Feb 04, 2009 5:52 pm; edited 1 time in total

Timari
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Phoenix: Anathema and Kerri Empty Re: Phoenix: Anathema and Kerri

Post  Timari Wed Feb 04, 2009 5:25 pm

Mommikerri wrote:Knocking on the door and hearing no answer, she opened the door slightly, having heard the servants say that Ana is back and in her rooms. Having left Ang down in the great hall with Timari and Robert, she walked up the grand staircase to see what was amiss for it was unlike Ana to come in without a boisterous greeting.

"Ana, darling, you must have sneaked in whilst I was in the garden with Ang." She said, opening the door and watching her niece lay on her bed with her eyes closed. "Are you ill, darling?" Why didn't you let the maid tell me you weren't feeling good. Instead I heard through he servant's gossip grapevine that you are here!" Sitting down on the edge of the bed, she placed her hand upon Ana's forehead to check for fever. Feeling none, she glanced as Anna's hand rubbed her abdomen. "Does your stomach hurt, darling? Would you like some tea and toast to quiet the rumblings?" Concern flitting across her brow, she brushed the hair off Anna's face...

Timari
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

---fromENAnathema wrote:Ana smiled and hugged her Aunt.

"I'm not ill, though some tea would be lovely. I've just been feeling out of sorts, which is expected."

Her eyes scanned her aunts finding she know knowldged there of what she spoke she took her Aunts hand in her own and placed it on her stomach.

" I'm Pregnant"

A bit frightened she watched for the reaction in her Aunt Kerri's eyes, not knowing how exceping her family was going to be of her Illigt pregnancy.

Timari
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Mommikerri wrote:Trying to keep the shock from registering on her face, she instead rested her eyes upon Ana's face. "Well, I have to say this comes as a surprise, darling. Especially since you and Beaker have...well..sought an annulment of your marriage vows. But, having said that, I am glad you came home, love."

Filled with love for her niece, she gently rubbed her stomach where new life was growing. "Tell me, dear, is the man who is responsible for this willing to do the honorable thing? Is he of noble birth, Ana?" Watching her niece's face for any sign of emotion, she sat there, pondering the ramifications of what this could do to the family. Shrugging off her negative thoughts, she looked into the eyes of her niece. "Ana, no matter what, I shall stand behind you. You are the daughter of my dear brother. Your mother was an infinitely wise lady whom I respected deeply. I offer you my protection, darling, to bring this child up with all the same courtesy granted any other Phoenix."

Rising from the bed, she walked to the door and asked a passing servant to bring in a service of tea for two, including some toast. Turning back to Ana, she smiled...wondering how the girl was faring under carrying such a burden....

Timari
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Post  Timari Wed Feb 04, 2009 5:26 pm

---fromENAnathema wrote:Ana shakes her head and smiles at her aunt.

" The child's father is a wonderful man. I have nothing but the utmost respect for him, but he is far from the marring type. I know your aquanted with Anto, so im sure you understand. Thank you so much for your understanding, it feels good to know that some one cares."

A single tear slides down her cheek as she smiles up at her Aunt.

Timari
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Mommikerri wrote:"Oh, darling, we all make mistakes. Not one of us here in this grand estate can claim we haven't. Some are just more adept than others at hiding theirs." Watching Ana almost broke her heart, especially when the tear slid down her cheek. Using her thumb, she gently wiped the tear from Ana's cheek and then brushed Ana's hair away from her face.

"Ana, I will always be here for you, darling. And while you are correct in your knowledge that I do know Anto, I think he really should do the right thing. I shall immediately pen a letter and demand that he marry you!" Looking at her niece's face, she saw the mortification cross her lovely features. "Oh, Ana, it will be quite all right." Come, darling..just rest your eyes..things will look so much different within the week."

Timari
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

---fromENAnathema wrote:Ana looks to her Aunt, her heart skipping a beat.

" Please i beg of you to do no such thing. I't would be a waste of time as i would refuse to wed him. I would rather die shamed and stricken of my status then spend my life with some one who would resent me. He is not the type of man you marry."

Timari
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Post  Timari Wed Feb 04, 2009 5:27 pm

Mommikerri wrote:Looking down at her niece, she gently smiled. "Be that as it may, Ana, we still need to find out his intentions toward this babe. I understand your trepidation at being with a man who would resent you, but the question still needs to be asked. Not only that, but who knows what Anto may be thinking. He may very well delight in having a child of his own. Would he really see to it that his son or daughter be without every advantage?"

Timari
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

---fromENAnathema wrote:Ana smiles at her aunt, knowing she was just looking out for her and the child.

"Aunt Kerri, Anto is quite aware of the child, and seems to be very excited about the babe. However, neither one of us have any desire to wed the other. I think that the child will enjoy every privilage they can, with out the need for vows."

Timari
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Mommikerri wrote:"Oh, Ana, how I wish it could be true. While I don't doubt that you and Anto will shower the child the truth of the matter is that this babe will never be accepted into our society. For this reason I believe it would behoove us to converse with Anto. Even if it was a marriage in name only I think it would make all the difference in the world to the child."

Taking a strand of Ana's hair, she gently twirled it around her finger. "Ana darling, I remember when I was coming back to England with my two little girls. I wasn't sure if my father would accept me since I had too little wee ones and had left their father behind in that Jah forsaken land. Yet, he did embrace me and since then we have been able to hold our head up high. But my situation is much different than yours. Your babe will not have the luxury of the church's blessing, love..and this just breaks my heart."

Sighing, she stood up from Ana's bed. "Ana, know that I shall love this child as your mother would have loved this babe. But in all due respect, I feel we should have a conversation with Anto. Can you arrange to have him come?"

Timari
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Post  Timari Wed Feb 04, 2009 5:28 pm

---fromENAnathema wrote:Ana's eyes narrow a bit when Kerri mentions the church.

"I am afraid that my child shall not have the blessing of the church regardless. I am not and will never be baptized, therefore any marriage i enter into is thusly invalid. I can attempt to arrange a conversation with him, but i can make no promises."

Timari
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down