Alternative RK
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Harlan and Kerri's Wedding/Reception

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Harlan and Kerri's Wedding/Reception Empty Harlan and Kerri's Wedding/Reception

Post  Aasha Sun Mar 22, 2009 10:17 pm

What follows are excerpts from their wedding and reception starting 4 Jan 1457, only what concerns Aasha and/or Donnor however.

Entering the room somewhat timidly, still unable to believe she'd agreed to this crazy scheme, Aasha cleared her throat as she mumbled; Is ya dressed? I ain't wantin' to see nobody out of their britches... Glad they'd found a compromise to her wearing a dress, though it still felt like one in too many ways, she smoothed the material and walked in, wondering who else was with Harlan, and if he'd warned them that his best man wasn't a man. She had even briefly contemplated binding her breasts again, but was afraid if she did, the wrong person might recognize her as the lad she dressed as for so long.

Before Harlan had a chance to comment on her attire, she stated quite clearly; If'n ya laughs, I'm puttin' pants on an' bein' yer stable hand instead of yer best anythin'.

Harlan and Kerri's Wedding/Reception Dresscopy
Aasha
Aasha
Admin

Back to top Go down

Harlan and Kerri's Wedding/Reception Empty Re: Harlan and Kerri's Wedding/Reception

Post  Aasha Sun Mar 22, 2009 10:18 pm

Llefelys wrote:Llef looked up from some joke he was tossing at this cousin involving a frenchman and a goat, when he heard the door open. Someone quickly entered, and it wasnt the maid...mades never spoke like that.

"Um..hello...I'm Llef." the young welshman said softley, forcing himself not to laugh.

"Dearest cousin." Llef said sarcastically to Harlan. "You seem to associate with the most odd of people."
Aasha
Aasha
Admin

Back to top Go down

Harlan and Kerri's Wedding/Reception Empty Re: Harlan and Kerri's Wedding/Reception

Post  Aasha Sun Mar 22, 2009 10:19 pm

She tried to be mad when she heard the gentleman's comment, really she did, but she was still too stunned to have been talked into being Harlan's best man to refute the claim of her being odd. Bowing as best she could in her finery, she introduced herself. M'lord Leaf, I'd be Aasha...an' 'parently I'm his best man. Looking him up and down, she smirked. This man looked to be as much a dandy as the French wolfie. - No wonder he chose you and not his family...look what they wear! -

Blocking the word cousin as best she could, she studied the fop's outfit again before turning to Harlan. I weren't 'posed to wear nothin' lookin' like that was I? She continued into the room, saw the pitcher and grabbed a glass, quickly and efficiently pouring some. Needing more than one to steady her nerves, but afraid if she got drunk beforehand she'd really embarrass herself, she took a swallow. So what was ya sayin' 'bout goats?
Aasha
Aasha
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Aasha Sun Mar 22, 2009 10:22 pm

--Pillow wrote:Harlan and Kerri's Wedding/Reception Pillow1
Running, running...wait...stop. Tilt head, very curious as my mistress walks in. Where are we? Wag tail, start to follow. No...can't follow, she said no. Nose twitches, tail droops. The little fox nudges the snow with his nose, then slowly wanders to the side of the door, looking at all of the people entering the cathedral. Watching, watching...watch the door. Sniff...ears perk up...sniff...something smells good. Sniff, nope, not him, bad smell. Forget the smell, watch. Sniff, tail twitches, ears stay perked. Watch the door, watch.

The opening and shutting was almost rhythmic as he watches. Crouch low, watch close, ready to run...not yet...not yet...wait till it opens wider, wait till the humans are distracted. Waiting for his chance to join her once more.

Harlan wrote:Harlan finished off his glass of ale and lowered it in time to see Aasha enter through the door. "Aasha! Welcome, so glad you could make it!" Harlan looked her over as she seemed concerned about her attire, he was impressed. He couldn't recall ever seeing her in a dressy outfit before. She cleaned up real nice.
Aasha wrote: I weren't 'posed to wear nothin' lookin' like that was I?
Harlan laughed aloud at her comment on Llef's shiny blue outfit. "No Aasha, you are just fine how you are. Very nice indeed."
Aasha wrote:So what was ya sayin' 'bout goats?
Harlan chuckled as he recalled the goat joke punchline and walked over near Aasha. "Nevermind that, you really don't want to know what the French do with their goats. But in all seriousness, I do have something for you to hold." Harlan reached into his jacket pocket and produced the box containing the wedding rings. "I need you to hold these until we are ready for them at the ceremony. Guard them with your life!" He gave her a wide grin as he placed the small box in her hand. "So! How about another ale?" He poured a few more glasses and handed them out.

Robert_frankel wrote:Stating up at the Abbey roof and whistling a jaunty tune Robert soon forgot the entire hectic bustle that seemed to overtake any wedding. With his hands hooked onto his belt and his slightly dishevelled hair waving around; the young man looked from side to side peering at the new arrivals as well as the servants running around with the last touches. It was rare for him to arrive early for a wedding… this being the only one he could remember for in recent memory, but now that he had arrived he found that he was at a lost as to what to do.

He wasn’t here with his compatriots in the Knighthood… he wasn’t here in his capacity for the Prince’s own but was here as Kerri’s family. Only problem was everything was well and truly taken care of. Left with nothing to do he had been wandering the grounds looking and peeking and generally sticking his nose into things. If one was weary, they would suspect the curious man and his wolf wandering around and eject him. But Robert hoped mighty that would not happen. T’would be mighty embarrassing indeed. Sighing one last time Robert looked round once more to make sure everything was still perfect. Scanning the floral decorations he began ticking things off mentally.

Pew – check, fluffy buntings – check, candles – check, guests – check, guards – check, carpets – check, floral decorations – check, random animal eating decorations – check, pri… wait…

His head darting back to the random goat chewing on the decorations Roberts first thought was: who ordered the goat to be placed there… it should be near the central aisle… before common sense kicked in. Dashing to the animal he stared slack jawed for a moment before snatching at the lead all the while muttering gently.

“Here goaty goaty goat. Come on girl, you cant eat that here… lets go somewhere else.”

Dragging as gently as he could, Robert strained his muscles pulling at the munching beasts. He had no idea what he was gonna do with it so he began searching for a place to hide the goat until after the ceremony. Turning left then right, struggling through stairwells Robert finally found a likely door to stash the runaway animal. With a mighty kick he slammed open the door and rushed in pulling the goat. All of a sudden he skidded to a halt and stared at the occupants, the goat’s lead becoming slack in his hands.

“Uhh… hi Harlan? What are you doing here in this store room?”

--Goat wrote:Goat is happy.

Goat is having an adventure.

There are nice things to eat when one adventures.

Goat sees flowers.

Woman-Who-Looks-After-Goat usually gives Goat straw to eat.

Flowers are nicer.

Goat eats flowers.

Goat eats more flowers.

Many flowers here in this place.

Goat is still eating flowers when whoooomph!!!

Mad Boy squishes Goat.

Goat is cross.

Goat was happy. Now Goat is cross.

Goat gives Mad Boy a Look.

Goat is dragged away from flowers.

Goat bites one last flower on the way. Silly Mad Boy.

Cross Goat follows Mad Boy.

Cross Goat wishes Woman-Who-Looks-After-Goat was here instead. Woman has much more interesting swear words to use on Goat.

Mad Boy bursts the door open. Goat enters.

Maybe there is something good to eat here too.

Goat sees another human.

Humans are not good to eat.

Mad Boy says “Harlan?”

Goat licks the Harlan-Human just in case.

Nope, not good to eat at all.

Silly humans.

“Baaaaah.”

Llefelys wrote:Llef grinned when he heard the womans comment about his attire. Clearly its purpose was being served. He let the two of them have their moment, so he turned and stared at himself in the polished mirror, until the door opened again.

A lad about his age had entered, pulling a...goat?!

"Well...lets just pray that he isnt french" Llef said to everyone in the room, knowing that this indeed was going to be a fun wedding.
Aasha
Aasha
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Aasha Sun Mar 22, 2009 10:22 pm

Letting out a huge sigh in relief when Harlan said she looked fine, she smoothed the material out again. She was still wishing it were pants, but it was close enough, and he'd not risen to her challenge about being in the stables. - Too bad too, I'd fit in there better. -

The nerves wouldn't stop though, she had little idea of what she was supposed to do, and Kerri was the Regent. That meant there would be tons of important people here, maybe even some she would need to avoid. Would they recognize her as the lad she used to be? It was highly doubtful, especially since there was nothing on her but her hair today that was reminiscent of that past.

After mentally comparing his cousin to a French dandy, she almost spit out the ale she was drinking when Harlan said their joke had to do with what Frenchmen did with goats. Shaking her head, she muttered; umm...no...I'm guessin' I'm not wantin' to knows that...

The serious expression on his face brought the nerves back in a rush. - Something for me to hold? - Taking the small box, she curiously opened it and blanched. - She had no pockets and was meant to hold these? Wait, she had to give them back? What a fine price they would fetch...no Ash, they're your friends...you have to give them back. - Worrying her lower lip between her teeth, she turned the box over and over, then finally grinned mischievously. Alright...I'll hold this...hope it ain't too long in the cer'mony before yer needin' 'em.

Before she'd had a chance to secure the rings, he'd handed her another drink, then there was a commotion at the door. The little box disappeared rapidly as the goat entered. - Wait...a goat? And I left Pillow outside? -

Llef's comment regarding said goat had her giggling as she took in the latest appearance. She was starting to feel even more out of place when another male entered the room. With both hands now free, she quickly finished one drink, then began on her second.
Aasha
Aasha
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Aasha Sun Mar 22, 2009 10:23 pm

Harlan wrote:Harlan had just finished instructing Aasha on the rings when the door opened and a goat was pushed in. Harlan immediately looked to Llef and laughed loudly. "Did you rub a magic lamp or something Llef?" He cackled with laughter again and then Robert shoved and followed the goat in.

"Robert! I should have known you would have something to do with this..." Harlan smiled at Robert and walked to shake his hand. "Good to see you again, thanks for coming!" Harlan looked down at the goat who had just licked his hand and was now eyeing some of the furniture nearby. "So tell me, Robert...How long have you two been together? Kerri never mentioned any of this to me!" Harlan raised his hand to his chest to control the laughter that was dying to burst forth. His hand pushed against something in his jacket pocket and he suddenly remembered something else that needed to be done. "Excuse me Robert...and Goat."

Harlan returned to Aasha and pulled another box from the other side of his jacket. "Aasha, I have an important errand for you!" He handed her the square flat box and smiled. "If you could please take this to Kerri in her preparation quarters. It is my wedding gift to her, and I think she may find it useful for today. Oh...and wait." He walked over to the nearby desk and penned out a message to send along with the gift.

[hrp]My Love,

Can you believe it? Only a few short hours and we will have finally reached what we have waited all this time for! I cannot wait to look into those beautiful blue eyes of yours and say the words that will join us forever.

I have instructed Aasha to give you a present. It is my gift to you, on our special day. It is a gift from the Bradley family as well. My mother has held them for her eldest son's bride since the same was done for her by her mother. May they reflect your beauty and grace as we proclaim our forever love before Jah and all our friends and family.

XO
Harlan
Rolling up the paper, he handed it to Aasha. "If you could make sure Kerri gets those two things right away, I would appreciate it greatly." Harlan nodded gratefully to his friend and pressed the note into her hands. "And thank you for being here, Aasha. Your a true friend." Holding the door open for her Harlan gave a friendly wave to Prince Chris and Falcie who were standing not too far away conversing.

"Hmmmm, what else am I forgetting?" He began to walk the room slowly, running a list of things through his mind.
Aasha
Aasha
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Aasha Sun Mar 22, 2009 10:23 pm

Mentally adding another name to her mind, she looked up at each of the men in turn, feeling decidedly short, and surrounded. Keep yer goat 'way from my clothes. If'n it eats mat'rials, I'll be havin' goat fer dinner... Laughter was still in her voice, even when Harlan returned to her side.

Her eyes widened as he pulled out another box. - No way it will fit with the first! Oh, an errand, not something I have to hold onto for long, thank Jah. - Her relief was short lived, she felt a little out of place here with the men, she'd feel even more so in the womens chambers. A much put upon sigh escaped as she took the box. Tapping her foot impatiently, she vainly wished she could find an excuse to stay in this room through the entire ceremony.

Yer welcome Harlan...jus' be sure this only happens once. I ain't sure I ken go through 'nother one of these weddin's.
The box and note firmly in hand, she did her best to ignore the guards as she went in search of the ladies rooms, hoping beyond hope she'd be able to make a quick escape from there. The entire time she walked, she muttered under her breath, only one or two words distinguishable if you were super close. ...fools...lot of 'em...fops...goats...damn box...

She was still muttering as she reached what she hoped was the woman's quarters. Switching the note to the same hand as the box, she looked around the hallway carefully. There was a slight hesistation before she knocked, long enough for her to adjust the bodice of the gown, pat the front briefly, and take a deep breath. - Calm down...no sense in her seeing you muttering. You can do this...you're good at hiding things. -

Briskly knocking, she calls out; Its me, Aasha...gots a del'very fer ya from Harlan. Is ya goin' to lets me in? Promise, I ain't goin' to break nothin'...
Aasha
Aasha
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Aasha Sun Mar 22, 2009 10:27 pm

--Pillow wrote:Harlan and Kerri's Wedding/Reception Pillow1
Ears perked up, watching, waiting. Watching the door. Oh, whats that? Eyes, someone noticed me. Crouch lower, try to blend. Tilt head curiously. A sly almost smile crosses the fox's face as his eyes meet the human lady's.

Body twitches, tail stiffens, hair on back stands up. Sniff, whats that? Sniff...another animal. Sniff...a wolf. She wouldn't let me go in, but a wolf can? Eyes scanning, moving fast. Watch the door. Watch...ready...its her! Run, run fast!

Four paws pound the snow, quickly darting through human legs to make it through the door. Claws skid on tiles as Pillow attempts to slow down. Uncaring if anyone is in pursuit, the fox smells the air and swivels his head.

Sniff, tilt head. There, she's there. And something else, is that goat I smell? Forget the goat, run...quickly now...run fast! Skidding into legs, between legs, around legs, the fox finally stops at her feet as she knocks upon a door.

Llefelys wrote:Llef watched the man who had joined them, who was referred to as "Robert" and rolled his eyes. Goats... He thought in disbelief, befoer drinking more ale. Harlan sent the girl off on an errand. The lass didnt seem to thrilled about, which made Llef grin. After she left, Harlan started pacing the room nervously.

"Dear jah cousin, your about to get married, not walk to the gallows!" He said, then offered some more ale to Harlan.

"...But you should drink more...just in case."

Mommikerri wrote:As time moved inextricably closer to the time when she would finally become Harlan's wife, she was met with a rush of activity. Opening her door, she found herself eye to eye with her brother Kjolmar. Her eyes sparkled happily and she stepped forward to hug him. "Oh, Kjolmar! How happy I am to see you! Come in.. come in!" She looked at the man that followed close behind. Extending her hand, she smiled in greeting. "No, I'm sorry, I don't remember you, where did we meet? I travel quite extensively and have met many people."

Hooking her arm around Kjolmar's she looked at him again, unable to notice anything amiss. "I don't know where Harlan is, or if he has even arrived yet. Have you checked the church?"

Just then she heard a brief knock on the door followed by the sound of a familiar voice. She felt her heart lurch in her chest at the mention of Harlan's name and releasing Kjolmar's arm, she nearly skipped over to the door and opened it wide. "Aasha!" Her eyes roamed over the girl's attire and then smiled at her. Deciding not to say anything for she was sure Aasha had grumbled a fair bit about having to wear such a garment, she instead focused on the box and the piece of parchment. A huge smile adorned her face as she asked, "You have something for me from Harlan?"

From the corner of her eye she saw Desi, and brought her hand to her chest. Her eyes misted with tears as she saw the lady in her full KoTR uniform and not knowing what else to do, she ran up to her and hugged her, whispering, "thank you!"

Curiosity being what it was, she rushed back to Aasha and looked expectantly at her with a huge grin adorning her face and her arms outstretched.
Aasha
Aasha
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Aasha Sun Mar 22, 2009 10:28 pm

She had the right room, Kerri's exuberance when she opened the door told her that in spades. A breath she didn't realize she was holding whooshed out when Kerri looked at her outfit, and didn't say a word. It was obvious looking past her though, that Kerri's room was much like Harlan's. Both had the opposite gender in the room. She whispered in Kerri's hearing only; Is he yer best lady?

A small body colliding against her legs had her looking down. Pillow's face looked almost guilty as he met her eyes. Bending down, she whispered; ya was 'posed to stay out...but I'm glad yer here...ya'll have to stay close now... A swish of the material had the fox half hidden from view as she awkwardly faced Kerri again.

It was as Kerri passed that she noticed the lady's state of dishevel. Raising a brow, she eyed the robe enviously. - I gots to dress up fancy an' she ken wear a robe? That jus' ain't fair! - She didn't have time to contemplate it though, Kerri rushed right back, eager for her gift.

Handing the note and the box to the Regent, Aasha bows low. From yer love...he said somethin' 'bout ya might be wantin' it before yer weddin'...

Harlan wrote:[rp]My Love,

Can you believe it? Only a few short hours and we will have finally reached what we have waited all this time for! I cannot wait to look into those beautiful blue eyes of yours and say the words that will join us forever.

I have instructed Aasha to give you a present. It is my gift to you, on our special day. It is a gift from the Bradley family as well. My mother has held them for her eldest son's bride since the same was done for her by her mother. May they reflect your beauty and grace as we proclaim our forever love before Jah and all our friends and family.

XO
Harlan[/rp]Harlan and Kerri's Wedding/Reception Pearlnecklace
Aasha
Aasha
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Aasha Sun Mar 22, 2009 10:29 pm

Mommikerri wrote:Her laughter filled the room as she conversed with Timari. Her niece was always able to make people laugh to the point of crying with her antics. Waving goodbye at her, she eagerly took the letter from Aasha and read it, feeling her eyes mist with tears once again. Oh, how she loved this man that continuously thought of her. Carefully opening the box, she gasped as she saw the beautiful pearls. She looked at Aasha unable to say a word.

Finally able to find her tongue, she leaned close to Aasha and whispered, "please tell him I am overcome with love and gratitude for his gift. Also let him know that from here on out, I pledge he will never be a twiddler ever again."

She looked at Calvin and smiled, "Perhaps you would like to find your way down to the chapel. I do believe I need to get ready now." Eying Manda Jane tapping her foot impatiently she quickly walked over and sat down to let her maid work with her wild mane of hair.
Aasha
Aasha
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Aasha Sun Mar 22, 2009 10:29 pm

Her eyes widened, head swiveling in panic as she saw the mushy look on Kerri's face. - Don't cry on me...please...where did all the women go? No escape now, damn! - Realizing this, she took a breath and tried to smile in a supportive way. Curiosity overcoming her, she looked into the box and sighed. - First the rings, now a necklace...and I'm meant to give them all back...this just isn't fair! -

Nodding, Aasha whispers back; Aye, I'll be tellin' him... The room looked way too feminine for her, so she backed away, adding; ...I'll do that rights now... Almost tripping on Pillow, she shook her head and turned, muttering; Keep up now boy...an' stay hid...now what was I 'posed to say? Overcome wit' love an' grat'ude...pledge he ain't gonna tw'ddle...

She continued to repeat the message under her breath the entire trip back to the mens room, sighing in relief when she arrived. Not bothering to knock, she burst in. Hey Harlan, I ain't gots no other duties bein' best man does I? I need a drink... Turning towards the ale, she swiftly poured herself a glass, quite forgetting Pillow as his tail swept out from under the material of her dress.

After her glass was nearly empty again, she turned back. Oh, an' I was 'posed to pass a mess'ge. Kerri liked yer gift. She said she was over somethin' wit' love an' grat'id...an' was pleadin' yer not gonna w'ddle no more...
Aasha
Aasha
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Aasha Sun Mar 22, 2009 10:30 pm

Harlan wrote:Harlan watched with amusement as Aasha entered and asked for some ale. He gestured to it to help her feel at ease and watched as she poured a glass and swallowed it down. As she did so Harlan looked curiously down at her dress, there seemed to be a reddish orange tail poking out from beneath it. Smiling he acted as if he hadn't even noticed Pillow had joined her. He listened hopefully as she finished the ale, for the details on her trip to see Kerri.
Aasha wrote: Oh, an' I was 'posed to pass a mess'ge. Kerri liked yer gift. She said she was over somethin' wit' love an' grat'id...an' was pleadin' yer not gonna w'ddle no more...
Harlan raised his eyebrows and nodded...trying to decipher what exactly she just relayed to him. "Ohh, so she liked it....that's great!" he replied, wondering why she wouldn't be grading his widdle any more. Realizing he would have to wait for that answer, he turned as the door opened to see a page come in to tell them it was time to head towards the altar.

Harlan smiled nervously at those around him and beckoned Aasha and Llef to join him on the walk down to prepare for the ceremony.
Aasha
Aasha
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Aasha Sun Mar 22, 2009 10:31 pm

Hearing a low growl almost simultaneous to a draft on the back of her leg, she mumbled; No Pillow...stays there...that goat ain't dinner. Her eyes scanned the room and she almost groaned as she saw a wolf standing by the gentleman who'd entered as she left. An' no fightin' neither...

Harlan's face told her the message probably didn't get delivered quite right, but before she could try to remember more details, he said it was time to go. - What did she expect, Kerri should know I'm not going to remember things I don't understand. - Bracing herself, she joined Harlan and Llef to walk into the sanctuary. - Please Jah, don't let me mess this up! - Pillow kept perfect time with her footsteps, doing his best to stay hidden beneath her skirts, though his tail poked out from time to time regardless.

It wasn't until they were almost to the side door that it dawned on Aasha. She had men on either side of her, and was alright with it. Even the sensation of being dwarfed between them didn't cause any unease. She felt almost feminine, protected, safe in some inexplicable way.

That feeling fled when she saw the multitude of people on the other side of the doorway.- She was going to have to stand with Harlan in front of all those folks? Jah help her, there was nowhere to run. - Attempting to keep the panic out of her eyes and voice, she mumbled; I ken do this... before plastering a smile on her face and looking up at Harlan, unaware her cheeks were stained pink. We better get in there before yer bride does...
Aasha
Aasha
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Aasha Sun Mar 22, 2009 10:32 pm

Harlan wrote:They had waited outside the doors for some time, which hadn't helped anyone's nervousness. Luckily Llef had provided some mild amusement with his various jokes and stories of mischief.

Finally there was word that they were ready to begin. Harlan smiled nervously and then motioned for Llef to enter and make his way to the altar. As he did so, Harlan looked at Aasha and smiled nervously. "Here we go!" He motioned for her to walk to the altar as well and then a few seconds later followed her out. Trying not to look at the massive crowd was impossible. It was overwhelming combined with the incredibly high ceilings of the cathedral. Once they were in place with Harlan at the altar, Aasha behind him and Llef close behind her, he finally turned and looked out over everyone. He smiled as he saw some he knew and many he did not.

He looked back over his shoulder and nodded with a wink to Aasha and Llef. He was grateful for their loyalty and he wanted to make sure they knew that. Now he glanced down the aisle. Where his lovely bride to be would soon be making her appearance. His heart skipped a beat at the thought and he swallowed hard in anticipation.
Aasha
Aasha
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Aasha Sun Mar 22, 2009 10:32 pm

- My Jah...I have to go out in front of all those people by myself? How did I get into this again? - Glad Harlan couldn't read her mind, she looked up at him, then up and over to Llef, took a deep breath, patted the bodice of her gown one last time, squared her shoulders and walked up to take her place at the alter.

- They're just like you, only richer and better dressed. Calm down girl, think of something else, not being on display! Something else...something else...look at the jewels around her neck, they could feed a family for a week...bad idea Ash, think of something that won't get you thrown in the gaols! -

By then Harlan was beside her, and she swore she could feel breath on the top of her head. Trying to be unobtrusive, she barely moves her head and lets her eyes travel to see why she felt anything behind her. - Oh Jah, he's going to be behind me during the ceremony too? Well, you wanted something to think about...think about not falling backwards and knocking him on his bum! -

Her eyes full of mischief, cheeks flushed, Aasha stood calmer now beside Harlan, finally realizing she could get through this without making a fool of herself, or of the bride and groom. Luckily for her, she had no idea there was a tail swishing rhythmically from underneath the back of her gown, or she'd have run out before the priest ever arrived.

Winking back at the groom, she kept her eyes steadily trained towards the flickering candles and waited.
Aasha
Aasha
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Aasha Sun Mar 22, 2009 10:33 pm

Vows were said...then:

Rook wrote:Rook looks to Asha

"May I have the rings, please?"
Aasha
Aasha
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Aasha Sun Mar 22, 2009 10:34 pm

She was concentrating so hard on Llef behind her to keep from making a fool of herself, her breathing began to match his. Lulled into an almost dreamlike state, she almost missed when the priest asked for the rings. Her eyes widened as she felt heat traveling up her cheeks again. Harlan was looking at her encouragingly, Kerri patiently waiting, and she was just standing there like an idiot.

- Oh Jah...I really messed up! -She'd forgotten she'd be up front, or maybe blocked it when she secured the rings. There was no graceful way to get them out, or none that she could think of. Turning so her body was angled as far from the assembled guests as she could, unintentionally giving Llef quite a show, she reached down her bodice and grabbed the box. Her face flaming hot by the time she turned back, trembling fingers reached out as she took a step forward to hand Bishop Rook the rings.

Harlan and Kerri's Wedding/Reception Weddingbands_edited-1
Aasha
Aasha
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Aasha Sun Mar 22, 2009 10:35 pm

Rook wrote:A red-faced Rook takes the rings and begins the blessing

O merciful Jah, we pray that those who wear these rings, that give and receive them, may be ever faithful to one another, remain in your peace, and live and grow together in your love, under their own vine and fig tree, and seeing their children's children.

AMEN

Rook passes the rings to the Kerri and Harlan
Aasha
Aasha
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Aasha Sun Mar 22, 2009 10:36 pm

Even the knowledge that she'd made a priest blush had not spoiled the magic of the wedding. Aasha hadn't known what to expect, she hadn't attended a wedding before, let alone been asked to stand up with anyone, so this was a day full of surprises. Watching her two friends join their lives was an experience nothing could parallel, she'd quite forgotten the audience and Llef behind her as the Bishop's voice had pronounced them man and wife. Averting her eyes as they couple kissed, she sighed and allowed her shoulders to relax, thinking, albeit incorrectly, that her duty as best man was finally over.
Aasha
Aasha
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Aasha Sun Mar 22, 2009 10:36 pm

Harlan wrote:Sliding his arm around his wife's waist, Harlan turned to face the applauding and well-wishing crowd. With a huge smile he scanned the pews, nodding to as many as he could make eye contact with. Spotting his sister Anonymoose with a wet face in the first pew, he stifled a chuckle and waved to her. Looking to both sides he could see most of the wedding party seemed to be doing well. Even Aasha who at first seemed so out of her element had settled in quite nicely. Timari was the exception of the group, she just looked red and itchy?

"What an amazing day, my love." He said, leaning in closer to Kerri, his eyes scanning her features and her dress and the aura that seemed to surround her. "Shall we head off to the reception and greet all these fine people?"
Aasha
Aasha
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Aasha Sun Mar 22, 2009 10:39 pm

Briefly wishing she could disappear instead of going to the reception, Aasha watches Harlan and Kerri walk out of the cathedral, thrilled for her friends. Once they, and part of the mass get out, she slips back through the side door, lifts her skirts slightly to keep from tripping, and takes off for the stables. She'd tried to talk Harlan into letting her help there instead of being best man, but he'd have none of that. It hadn't kept her from stopping by to admire the horses before she'd gone into the wedding, and she'd really thought Pillow would want to stay there, not wander into the wedding itself. The little fox close on her heels, they burst through the doors.

A stableboy grinned as she entered, he recognized her from earlier, and wondered why such a well dressed girl was taking a chance by coming in with no horse or carriage to put up. He'd found out soon enough when she'd bribed him into keeping an eye on her gifts for the bride and groom. Knowing exactly what she was after, he waved and brought both over. Yer liable to be gettin' yer dress dirty with the one...it ain't stayin' in that box well.

Aasha smiled and slipped the lad a few more pence. I ain't worried none now...weddin's over, if'n I gets a bit dirty them folks'll have to deal wit' it. Her grin much more relaxed here, she took the gifts and thanked the boy again before turning towards the imposing building housing the reception.

In fer a pence, in fer a pound. Ready Pillow? Ya might as well come wit' me, ya sneaked in at the weddin'...an' since that one lord had a wolf... Hmm...hope that darn goat ain't there.

Her steps were much more reluctant the closer she got to the doors. No guards stopped her, which was a plus, but then again, she was looking fancy, and most had seen her at the wedding. Taking a deep breath, she forced herself through the doors into the party, a gift clutched in each hand. Glancing around, she found the table where the gifts were kept, and deposited hers with the others, ignoring how one box was squirming on the table. - She won't stay in that box much longer...hope they like the surprise. She'll go so well with their birdies. I know Pillow's happy about it... - Hers weren't wrapped nearly as fancy, nor as well, but she refused to let that bother her, the bride and groom knew she wasn't good at that girly stuff.

A sparkle of mischief showed in her eyes as she turned and surveyed the room, immediately lighting upon a group from Shrews almost filling a table already. She'd make it there soon enough, for now, she really needed another drink.

{gifts: Harlan and Kerri's Wedding/Reception Weddinggift and the squirmy one: Harlan and Kerri's Wedding/Reception Pea}
Aasha
Aasha
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Aasha Sun Mar 22, 2009 10:41 pm

She'd barely finished a drink and grabbed for a couple more before she saw most of the rest of the wedding party arrive. Glancing around, she noticed one still hadn't found her way. - Wonder if they got lost? Poor souls, probably couldn't find their carriages to get their gifts...bet most haven't ever seen the inside of a barn... -

Shrugging her shoulders and snickering to herself, she looked back at the gift table and laughed. The squirmy box had managed to move halfway across the table, knocking a few presents over as it did. As much as she'd like to continue to watch the disaster, it looked like the silly thing was going to go over the edge soon.

With a firm grip on both drinks, she hurried towards the table. She was so intent on rescuing the kitten that she blocked out the glimmer of jewels ripe for the plucking. Unfortunately for her, or maybe for him, she wasn't paying attention to her dress either. She hadn't had time to get it hemmed properly, it brushed the floor a bit too much. In her haste, and preoccupation with alcoholic fortification, she'd forgotten to hold even a tiny bit of it up. Her boots caught in the loose hem, and down she went, drinks first, into a shiny blue - Oh Jah, are those ruffles? - Ooooufff... suit.
Aasha
Aasha
Admin

Back to top Go down

Llefelys wrote:Are those??? No...she has got to of...wait....oh yes...they are...Llef thought to himself, watching a few noble ladies move around the large room. His thought ended suddenly when someone tackled him, or tried to anyways. He quickly held his balance and grabbed the person by the arms, feeling something wet all over his outfit. His first thought was that he had been stabbed, but a moment later he realized it was much worse than that...

"What the?! YOU!" He yelled suddenly at Aasha, who had the look of a drunk french woman. Llef frowned as he looked down at his ruined outfit.

"I hate weddings..." He grumbled, still holding on to the woman by her arms.
Aasha
Aasha
Admin

Back to top Go down

She'd intended on being apologetic, but the raised voice then grumble changed her attitude quickly. Ya, its me...gots a problem? If'n ya'd learn to move better, nothin' like this woulna happened ya knows. She refused to acknowledge it was her fault, not now. Ya wasted my damn drinks, an' on what? Yer fancy outfit what even my fox woulna be caught dead in?

Her face was flushed red, and he still had a firm grip on her arms as she looked up, up... - Why do men have to be so damn tall? - ...up into his eyes. There would be no twisting away, he was much stronger than his foppish attire indicated, and she didn't have a shovel handy
Aasha
Aasha
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Aasha Sun Mar 22, 2009 10:42 pm

Llefelys wrote:Still keeping a grip on her arms, Llef couldnt help but chuckle at her reply. He watched her for a moment, trying to read what her true thoughts were, and not what she had said. He glanced up at the dancing couple in the middle of the room, and caught the princess' eyes in their direction. Llef immediately let go of Asha and stopped smiling. His thoughts went back to his outfit.

"And what is this you pour on me?! Is this...if it was french wine I would understand..but still.."He said, still in disbelief at what had just happened. He took off his jacket and set it on a seat nearest them, frowning. The white shirt he was wearing under his jacket was formal enough, and it hadnt gotten stained, but his jacket was ruined, no doubt about that.

"Well the least you can do is help me find something to clean up this mess." He said looking away from Asha, to seem more angry than he was.
Aasha
Aasha
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next