Alternative RK
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Harlan and Kerri's Wedding/Reception

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Harlan and Kerri's Wedding/Reception - Page 2 Empty Re: Harlan and Kerri's Wedding/Reception

Post  Aasha Sun Mar 22, 2009 10:42 pm

Timari wrote:Timari did not know whether Horace understood it all, for with that quirky expression that never left his face, she never knew what to think. But he was Kerri's most trusted butler, so who else to turn to but him. She was just explaining the last part, about the secret weapons and where she had hidden them when she could feel those piercing blue eyes staring at her. With one glance, she scowled and tried to hide... but it seemed Aunt Kerri already noticed her scheming up things.

"Don't tell Kerri, and please do not see me until then."

She quickly stepped away from the butler and tried to past the time. She was ready for a well right conversation with Desi if she was not busy with her guard duties. But with the crowds of people, she could not spot the woman anywhere.

Easily the best woman stuck out like a pink boat in a sea of people. Although she was short and hardly in Timari's eye vision, she started up a ruckus much more than Timari would ever make. For even though Timari was known for her "antics", Aasha made history with the "boobie rings" incident at the ceremony. Of course Timari was not one to 'watch' and argument, so she quickly made herself a presence between Harlan's two groomsmen... err man and woman.

With a wink at the best woman, she then turned to the man in the blue suit and butted into their conversation.

"HOW DARE YOUR SUIT GET IN THE WAY of the sweet sweet sweet Miss? You should watch where you're standing mister. So unsophisticated of a man. You have feet... you should have moved! "
Aasha
Aasha
Admin

Back to top Go down

Harlan and Kerri's Wedding/Reception - Page 2 Empty Re: Harlan and Kerri's Wedding/Reception

Post  Aasha Sun Mar 22, 2009 10:43 pm

Wolfmist wrote:Wolfmist had finished eating his last grape when he heard the shouts in a huddle nearby the regent. Trouble. His duty here was to guard the regent and so he would. He walked forward and gripped his bow harder, "Excuse me, miss, what seems to be the problem here?"
Aasha
Aasha
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Aasha Sun Mar 22, 2009 10:43 pm

His moods changed faster than hers did. The chuckle had her relaxing marginally, despite his grip, until she saw the scowl. Completely forgetting where they were, or in what company, she glared back. Indignation was present in her rapidly escalating voice. French wine? French WINE? Why would anybody wan' to drink that vile crap? Why I'll have ya know it was some of the bestest ale what they had...an' it was meant to be drinkin' ale, not washin' yer jacket ale!

His sudden release of her arms had her stumbling back, almost falling on her bum. As he took the jacket off she shook her head. - My Jah, it is ruffles, and that has to be the puffiest shirt I've ever seen! Why would... -

But she didn't have a chance to finish her thought. Much to her surprise and delight, the maid of honor approached and began to lay into Llef for getting into her way. The comedy of the situation struck then, and she began to giggle. Yah...what...she...said...yer an' un...unsofa...what she said! She was laughing so hard she could barely catch her breath. Aasha had no idea what unsophisticated meant, but it sure sounded good, nice and dandified. Once again, she totally blocked that the situation really was her fault. She couldn't help but comment; Ya knows...all that shiny blue ain't yer color nohows...

Raising a brow at his tone when he said she should help him clean up, she wrinkled her nose. An' here I thought I was done doin' the least I ken do... Looking up at her new co-conspirator, she grinned impishly.

Before she could enjoy the moment, a guard approached. Blanching, she began looking around for an excuse to escape. It was then she remembered her original purpose. Oh Jah, I forgots Pea! See what ya did now? At that, she took off for the squirmy box for the second time, muttering under her breath; damn fop...idiot cat...shouda put a rock in the box...I needs a drink...men...now I'm gon' hav' ta buy him a new shiny jacket...waste of good monies...don't let the guard follows...
Aasha
Aasha
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Aasha Sun Mar 22, 2009 10:47 pm

Timari wrote:It was perfectly innocent and of no harm to get this Leafy man into trouble. After all, he was very much good friends with Harlan, and that meant he probably had a humorous demeanor enough to let things slide. And if he so knew the woman Aasha and could put up with her deals, certainly a small Timari conflict would not be a huge consequence. That the guard appeared in good time, she continued... this time explaining to the guard with that sweet naturally likeable countenance, the misfortunes of poor Miss Aasha and herselfi.

Timari curtsied gracefully just as her aunt, the Princess would. As Aasha walked off muttering about Peas and odd things, Timari only assumed the poor girl was hungry. Good for her, she needed nutrients to get off to that fair height, to one day take on the Leafy man with much more vigilance and scare-factor. If not, she could always freeze him senseless in his boots with a flash of her bosom.

"This man..." Timari said with a certain air in her tone, yet still a soft gentle voice.

"Mr. Unsofa hast offended sweet Miss Aasha terribly... Look there how she walks off in upset moods! It would be best that ye, of good heart and strong countenance, discipline him of manners presentable and behaviors of grace... ere we shall be in conflict again. Please also admonish better wants of fashion for the man, for methinks he is too tight in that suit and cannst move swiftly, even to save his life."

Timari then batted her eyes beautifully before the guard, to finish off her sweet and sugary effect.

Wolfmist wrote:Wolfmist recognised her voice as one of the disturbances earlier and saw through her attempt at flattery quite quickly, and saw that she was up for causing more trouble very shortly, and that there may not be an end to their squabble. He tried to think of a way to settle things, and was relieved when the other woman decided to leave the scene and walk off towards the gift pile... There would be no more trouble from her, he thought, I'll let her go... but in the interests of keeping things in harmony for the sake of the regent and her husband, there really only was one sure-fire way to settle the squabble between these two...

He spoke softly to keep the noise down and to perhaps keep the conversation unnoticed by the Princess, "I'm sorry, madam, we are not in some tavern where brawls are common. I must ask you to take a breather outside. You can come back in once you have calmed down and re-established the decorum that this occasion requires." Wolfmist turned to address Llefelys also, "You too, sir, in the spirit of keeping things smooth and so on." He was speaking to both of them now, "Would you both leave quietly or should I be asking the other guards to assist?"

Harlan wrote:"Yes, my love. All these people...and look at that pile of gifts!" He pointed to the table now overflowing with presents and tilted his head curiously as one seemed to move towards the edge of the table on its own volition. He noticed Aasha walking in that direction after her spirited interaction with Llef and Timari, and watched curiously as one of the guards approached Timari and Llef and seemed to be admonishing them for something.

"Oh look, dear..it appears your niece is stirring up trouble again...and of course Llef is in the middle of it...we should go smooth this over."
Hooking Kerri's arm and leading her to the trio of trouble, they approached and Harlan gave Llef the universal "cut it out" signal.

"Greetings, Wolfmist. What seems to be the problem here? I see you have met my spirited cousin Llef and Kerri's niece Timari. I think they were just about to tell you they will behave themselves and not act like children....weren't you?" He looked back and forth between Timari and Llef with a wink before turning back to Wolfmist. "I think I saw something moving under one of the buffet tables, Wolfmist. Could you go check that out?" he pointed off in the direction of the tables and pulled Kerri a little closer for a hug.

--Pillow wrote:Sniff, get out from under that material. Sniff, nose twitches, ears perk up. Smell the fresh air. Cold, wet, cold on my paws. Ohhhh, stables. Bark at the horses, roll in the hay. Yessss...feels good, scratchy on my fur. Roll more, bark and show my belly. Oh, she's going. Follow. Roll, on all four legs now, run after. Sniff, wag tail. Another building, lots of humans. Tilt head curiously. Not staying outside now. Good, she didn't say stay. Follow, follow her in. Not too close, not under the dress. Dark there, nothing to see. Only one scent there. Need more scents.

Foood. Sniff, sniff more. Eyes roam the room. Sniff, slip between legs, follow the scent...follow...follow. Whats this? Man under the table? Noooo, thats my spot. Humans are messy, humans will drop food. Why is...man is taking food from table. Nudge man with wet nose, sniff. Ewww, fruit...not fruit. Need better food. Hey, get me food too. Tilt head curiously, whine. Food...can't you hear me? I want food. Whine a little more. Not too loud, don't give away position. Nip at cloth on table, nip gently at man's hand. Food...not fruit, real food.

Timari wrote:Shocked Miss Timari Lynn Phoenix, the Princess's niece, the maid of honour was rudely reprimanded in such a way that the guard wanted her kicked out of the premises. Had he not observed the bridal procession, that she was a woman to be respected? Surely she was resident in Ireland now, but she knew England with a full born and bred English heart. This was not the National Guard she remembered of the months long in history. England was her home, was her family and to be treated as such....it was appalling. Okay so sometimes she squabbled with her aunt over sheepy matters, but she still loved her aunt a walloping, and the feeling was certainly mutual between the relations. Otherwise she would not be maid of honour.

With a look of disdain upon the uncouth guard, she spoke...

"Very well. With some unforeseen authority so high that you hath established in yourself, I shall go. Please send the regent my regards and that I am terribly sorry that I shan't sing at her reception as she hath requested with so much fervour..."

But Harlan showed up in the heat of her words, and smoothed things out as they should. (Though I still think Harlan's a weenie for not punching the guard out in my defense Twisted Evil ) Okay... so stirring up trouble was perhaps something a maid of honour should not do. So for the sake of Harlan and Kerri, she bowed her head as if in a nod of goodbyes and left the group to wallow in a corner in boredom.

(You are lucky I am feeling nice and didn't kick ya in yer shin wolf! )

Wolfmist wrote:Damn, they noticed... Wolfmist turned to Harlan and bowed on one knee, fist to heart and got back up again. "Yes, I sure they were, my lord." He turned his head and saw something on four paws moving about, eventually coming out and looking at the food on the table with a sad forlorn look.
Wolfmist bowed once more on his feet this time at Harlan and Kerri, and said, "Yes, Sir, it seems a fox has smelled the beef and other delights. I shall investigate."

Away from the huddle Wolfmist picked up the fox carefully from under the table, so as not to let it bite him and looked into its pretty little face. "Well now, aren't you a handsome lad? I suppose you wanted some of this beef here?" He gently held the fox under his arm and got a slice of cooked beef, putting it under the fox's nose. Meanwhile he looked around and wondered how it got in. "I wonder if he's anyone's pet?" He mumbled to no-one in particular...

Harlan wrote:Timari sulked off in apparent reluctant resignation and Harlan addressed Llef. "Dear cousin, did you realize you have spilt something on your fine jacket?" Harlan looked down at the jacket Llef was holding and shook his head. "You should be a bit more careful....wow that is a puffy shirt you've got there!" He smiled at Llef and watched as Wolfmist went critter chasin by the food...uhoh was that Pillow he had now?

Turning his attention back to his bride. He smiled and looked hopefully at her. "Minor disaster averted, shall we get a drink and a bite to eat, love?" He led her along the edge of the vast dance floor towards the head table where they had a seat and were immediately waited upon with glasses of champagne and plates of fruit. Taking his glass of champagne and raising it to touch the lip of hers, he toasted his new wife. "To our love, shall it always be as fulfulling as on this blessed day!" A drink and then a quick kiss as he looked out over the crowd. He spied the Shrewsbury crew at a nearby table, and with champagne glasses in hand, led Kerri over to greet their friends. "Hello everyone. So glad you could make it! Frobenius, Jerri, SirFloyd thanks for coming!" Lastly he walked over to his sister Anonymoose and gave her a hug. "I do believe I saw some watery eyes during the ceremony?" He teased her with a smile. "Now everyone have a grand time, the food shall be brought out shortly, there are drinks at every turn, and there will be dancing and singing for all to enjoy." He nodded appreciatively to his friends and led Kerri back to their table.

--Rocko wrote:Rocko sighed in relief and grinned at his brilliant solution to the problem. He had made sure the fox got blamed for the 'movement under the table' while Rocko himself remained hidden. Whoever it was that found the 'guilty' fox, wasn't too bright if he fell for that.

Amused by the scene, Rocko grabbed another piece of food and continued his little solo picknick under the table.

Llefelys wrote:Llef was quickly overrun with another woman, and then a guard. This is getting out of hand. He thought, but never fear, his cousin and the regent saved him at the last moment. Llef stood silently, watching the interaction between them all. When his cousin gave him the "Cut it out" signal, Llef frowned and shrugged, clearly not knowing how it was any of his fault. Soon however, both the ladies had split, the guard went chasing after a fox, the animal kind that is. Llef thought, trying to hide his grin. The regent and his cousin went off to entertain more guests. Llef slipped his cousin a "Thank you" look, then stocked off after Aasha.

Coming up behind her, saving some poor creature from the prison of a box, he spoke softly, to keep the pesky guard away.

"You seemed to have enjoyed that."

--Pillow wrote:Silly man, still not giving me food. Whine again...foood, its up there, too high to reach. I want food. Tilt head, nip at man's hand. Can't growl, I'll be spotted. Food though, smell the food. Sniff, sniff again. Nose twitches. Inch out from under table, look up at food longingly. Stupid fruit, who wants fruit? Couldn't even lick human hand, just fruit. Sniff...meat...sniff.

Whats this? Oh, wait. Who is picking me up? Not my mistress, hands too big. Should I bite? No, wait...he's not heading to the door. Good human, sniff...meat...sniff. Nose twitching, nuzzle the human chest, grab corner of meat. Chomp, chomp. Wag tail, lick hand. Bark gleefully. Good human. More food? Yummmmm...

--Rocko wrote:Rocko felt a bit bad for blaming the fox. Carefully and quickly he grabbed a piece of meat from the other table and literally dived back under the table. Thank Jah everyone was so distracted by their conversations so they didn't notice it. Rocko broke a tiny piece from the meat and threw it at the feet of the person holding the fox. Rocko knew it was too small and insignificant for the human eye to take notice of. But to a fox it meant a lot more and would get spotted.
Aasha
Aasha
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Aasha Sun Mar 22, 2009 10:48 pm

She felt a moment of regret for deserting Timari and Llef to the guard, but her natural inclination to stay away from those types of authority figures wouldn't allow her to return. She did glance back over her shoulder, grinning as she noticed Harlan approaching, and Timi's voice getting louder. Pausing briefly in her mission, she admired the way the lady made herself look regal as she announced who she was to the guard. - Guess being a lady does have some benefits, especially if you're related to the Regent -

Shaking her head and giggling, she continued on, barely making it to the table before the silly box went off the edge. Pea, yer 'posed to be still. Now yer gonna give 'way the surpr'se... Carefully opening the lid, she peered inside to stroke the top of the kitten's head. We'll go find Kerri now...then ya ken gets...ohhhh...

Eyes wide, she turned her head, having totally missed Llef's approach until he spoke. Enjoyed? Oh, yah...yer not enjoyin' yerself? But guilt knawed inside as she looked at his now jacketless form. Sighing deeply, she murmured; I'll gets ya a new fancy jacket...but that's all the help I ken be givin' ya...an' I didn' mean to be messin' it up. She couldn't totally let it go though, it wasn't in her nature, so she added; But if'n I does that, ya owes me the drinks what I lost. Lips twitching, she meets his eyes and waits to see his reaction.
Aasha
Aasha
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Aasha Sun Mar 22, 2009 10:48 pm

Llefelys wrote:Llef watched her curiously. Indeed she was an odd one, much like that Danish girl he had met in Ludlow... He quickly pulled himself out of that memory when she mentioned him getting her a drink.

"Oh yes...welll...do not fret over the coat...I shall just take more coins out of Harlans office...nice bit of saving there for family emergences."He said, grinning at the thought before speaking again.

"As for the drink....only if you promise not to spill it on me again."He said, grinning.
Aasha
Aasha
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Aasha Sun Mar 22, 2009 10:49 pm

Wolfmist wrote:Wolfmist kept feeding a few more slices of meat to the fox, trying to make up his mind of just what to do with it. It was definitely groomed enough to be a pet and seemed almost... tame. "I know! Lets see if you like kitchens..." Wolfmist said to him as he fumbled the fox's nose as it licked him for more meat, "alright, alright, here, make it last until you get to the kitchens at least!" and fed a chicken leg. The leg hung from the fox's mouth in some sort of a comical fashion but the fox seemed to understand about making it last. It probably thought itself lucky to have a whole chicken leg. Anyway, some time later after meandering down various back-corridors, he reached the kitchens. There was a kindly old cook sitting down for a breather while several courses were making their way up to the banquet that was about to begin.

"Excuse me, I found a little friend. I think he's a pet of one of the guests. A few morsels of meat and I don't think he will be too much trouble. Would you mind keeping him warm and fed for a bit?"

The cook looked at him and the fox with a face of shock-horror, "You can't bring this thing in here, its a place of food! Hygiene! Go on! Get out!" the woman chased him up the corridor but then stopped and looked at the sweet little face still with a chicken leg hanging out, "Look, alright, I'll look after him, but not in the kitchen. Put him in here," she opens a door which led to a small servant's quarters, apparently unused and vacant, "I'll keep him fed, don't you worry. And who's did you say he was?"

"I don't actually know, although I can tell he's a guest's pet... they will look for him at some point I am sure. Pass the word around the servants, if they hear of anyone looking for a fox, it's here..."

"Aww... poor thing!" and the cook started gabbling baby talk to the fox as it curled up on the simple straw mattress munching its chicken leg.

As the night went on, the fox got fed all sorts of meats and delicacies. It was as much a banquet for him as the wedded couple.

"Thank you, M'Lady!" Said Wolfmist to the cook, before returning to the ballroom where the banquet was indeed beginning to be served!
Aasha
Aasha
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Aasha Sun Mar 22, 2009 10:49 pm

Harlan lets ya takes his monies? This was big news to Aasha, in her experience, family didn't share much of anything, especially money. It was obvious this was a very different world than the one she grew up in. There were many more expectations, but there was also a sense of caring she'd missed...one she could only vaguely remember from before her parents sent her to live with her uncle. Sounds like bein' fam'ly with Harlan is good fer ya...if'n he's got extras though, he ken use it 'stead of mine fer taxes.

She barely had time to make a mental note to discuss it further with Harlan before the box began to meow plaintively. Shaking her head, she glanced up at Llef again. I ain't 'tendin' on spillin' no more drinks...its fer drinkin' 'member? Not fer washin' clothes. Gesturing towards the box with her free hand, she continues; but 'fore we gets that drink...or maybe on our way...I'm needin' to give this present to Harlan an' Kerri...ain't sure Pea in a box is a good idea...
Aasha
Aasha
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Aasha Sun Mar 22, 2009 10:56 pm

Llefelys wrote:Hearing Aasha's comment about the money, Llef grinned. "Yes well, I dont believe my dear lord cousin is fully aware that I exercise our family wealth." When she mentioned the comment on family, Llef decided not to comment, his eyes on the box in her hands.

"Come, let us get some drinks before we present the Princess and my Lord cousin this gift. I havent had a drink in almost...an hour!"Llef said, leading her back towards the drinks, shocked at his own soberness at such an event.
Aasha
Aasha
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Aasha Sun Mar 22, 2009 10:56 pm

Realizing instantly that they had something in common, though her pilfering days were in the past, she shook her head. Ex'rcisin' fam'ly wealth? Ain't what they'd be callin' it if'n I tried I bets... She can't help but giggle, though she does feel slightly guilty for finding humor in him taking Harlan's money.

The mention of drinks pushed that thought out of her mind. A couple of drinks would be better. I lost two, 'member...not jus' one. Snickering, her pace quickened as the buffet and bar came into view. I'll even buys ya one...since theys free.
Aasha
Aasha
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Aasha Sun Mar 22, 2009 10:57 pm

Llefelys wrote:He was still grinning from her last comment as he poured their first round of drinks and handed one to her.

"Yes well...thanks for the drink then. Heres too...the institution of marriage...may jah make sure that such a hell never captures me."He tapped his glass on Aasha's, then drank.
Aasha
Aasha
Admin

Back to top Go down

Taking the drink was easy, only having a hand for one was frustrating. She'd have to get rid of the kitten soon if she really wanted to relax and enjoy this party. It was then it dawned on her she was actually having a good time, despite the guards. Despite the crowd of nobles even. Being out of place wasn't so bad when you had someone to enjoy it with.

She wasn't quite sure what to make of him tapping his glass on hers, but she mimicked the motion, then drank deeply. I'm sure Jah has other hells in mind fer the likes of you. 'sides, ya gots to find a lady what ken put up with the glare from yer shiny suits first. Giggling at her own joke, she finished the drink. Looking into the empty glass with chagrin, then towards the box, she thrust it towards Llef. Here, ya ken hold the present whiles I gets yer drink this time.
Aasha
Aasha
Admin

Back to top Go down

Llefelys wrote:He raised an eyebrow at her comment of him finding a particular type of lady, but said nothing. Instead, he examed the box that had been thrust into his free hand.

"I hate cats."He said, awkwardly trying to pour another drink onehanded. "So tell me, 'best lady', how did you meet my cousin? You dont seem the type to hang around his sort."
Aasha
Aasha
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Aasha Sun Mar 22, 2009 10:58 pm

Hey now, don't be givin' 'way what the gift is before we gives it to the bride an' groom.
Taking the ale from him, she began to pour for them both. Yer gonna spills the ale...an' after warnin' me 'bout spillin' on you again? She refused to take the box back though, it was much more efficient to drink two handed like she was used to.

Handing him his now brimming cup, she poured two more for herself. Hmmm...ain't sure 'bout best nothin'. Like I tole Harlan, I ain't cut out fer bein' best. Too many folks waitin' fer ya to fail then. Her expression went blank as she contemplated the truth of her words. But as fer hows I knows him? We both live in Shrews...he's mayor there, but he was one what was nice when I firs' got there. We met in the taverns over a few ales.
Aasha
Aasha
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Aasha Sun Mar 22, 2009 10:58 pm

Llefelys wrote:Llef drank the ale, listening to Asha tell the rather short tell of her meeting Harlan. He didnt speak until he had finished the round. After doing so, he motioned for Asha to pour him another.

"Ah yes...Harlan seems the type to spend his time in the taverns...my father was killed in a tavern." Llef said, then spoke like he hadnt said such a fact.

"Well now, let us take the lovely couple this...thing, so that we may get to more drinking, and story telling!"
Aasha
Aasha
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Aasha Sun Mar 22, 2009 10:59 pm

She'd not had time to finish either of the drinks she poured for herself before he was motioning for more. - Hope he knows I'm not dragging him home if he passes out. - She took one more drink of hers before obliging. She was still pouring when he mentioned his father's death, an unfortunate circumstance for his hand as she overran the cup.

- It's not your business Ash. You sure don't want him questioning you about your family do you? - Biting her lip between her teeth, she looked down awkwardly. It was with a giant sense of relief that she realized he'd moved over his statement so quickly. - Seems he doesn't want to discuss his parents any more than you do...let your curiosity go girl... -

For once listening to her inner voice, she went back to the original comment. Yah...he spends lots of time in there. He gots int'restin' stories 'bout that scary birdie what lived in the mens privy too. Furrowing her brow, she adds; ya know...him an' Kerri are both birdie lovers. An' they spent lots of time in a back room at the tavern...wonder if'n there's more of 'em there?

Laughter rang out as he referred to the kitten as a thing before she bowed mockingly. If'n deliv'rin means more drinkin', lead on m'lord. I'm sure ya gots some int'restin' stories ya ken be sharin' as well.
Aasha
Aasha
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Aasha Sun Mar 22, 2009 11:04 pm

Llefelys wrote:Finishing his drink, Llef set it down on a table and moved towards the Regent and his cousin. They seemed to be talking to a couple whom had approached them a few moments before. Llef instictively grabbed on to Asha's arm again, to stop her from approaching.

"Let's let nobles be nobles for a moment."He then motioned to the couple talking to the Regent and Harlan, then turned his attention to one of Asha's former comments as they waited.

"You say that the Princess and my cousin spend a lot of time in the back room of a tavern? I would expect that has very little to do with a bird."He grinned, then shook his head.

"As for my stories, yes, I have a few, but I dare not share them here, as I do not wish to get arrested at my cousins wedding for past sins."
Llef chuckled, remembering earlier that morning when Kaylen and himself barely got away from William de Walls and his men-at-arms.

Llefelys attention was on the man whom he knew to be Kaylens fiance. Llef noticed the girl wasnt with him. Thats very odd. He thought to himself, just as the man left the reception. Llef made a mental note to look into the event later. With that thought, he turned his attention back to Asha, trying to ignore the box in his hands that was starting to make odd sounds. "Did I mention I hate cats?"

Jasmyne wrote:Jas and Heero walk into the grand hall seemingly just in time for the food to be served, she turned to Heero and said. We made it just in time

Walking in a bit further she noticed Aasha and sent a wink her way then proceeded straight to Kerri and Harlan, she hugged Harlan and said. We would have been to the wedding but we had ours the same day in Coventry, i just wanted to be wed by my cousin Leana. She leaned in towards Kerri and kissed her cheek and said. hold out your hands. and poured a flurry of cut gems into her hands. Dont ask. she giggled

Glancing around the room she noticed alot of known friends and many who were not, she grabbed a glass and raised it. Shall we have a toast to the new couple, may they live in happiness forever.

Marzena wrote:With aching eyes Marz never cared for wine, but drank it to save energy hunting anything else. With Droch lost in sleep Marz knew she had worn him out, but geeze. She stood placing down her parchments and quill. Sliding quietly behind Droch and smoothing out her gown again.

Looking to the bar she beamed at the sight of her mother. Careful to not wake Droch she began weaving through the crowd as fast as she could as close to a run as she could muster.

Once the bar quickly found her she threw her arms out, “Ma!” Hugging her mother she hadn’t even noticed her hind end pushing a young man in a shiny suit nearly off his bar stool.

(ooc: Droch just got in contact with me. He is in hospital in RL. He gave me permission to mod. An will return on Sunday.)

Llefelys wrote:Llef was waiting near the bar with Aasha when he was shoved very rudely by someone. He turned frowning, still holding the box that contained the kitten.

"Ack! Whats where your going, english wench!"Llef yelled, frowning. He wasnt sure why he had gotten so angry. Maybe it had been the ale, or the fact that his suit had just been ruined, or even the kitten he had been holding for almost an hour.

Marzena wrote:Hearing a nasty tone from behind her she had felt the bump, but honestly. She turned scowling to the man, “Just pure accident nay a reason to blugeon me. Ye fowl smelling tankard.” Her eyes narrowed upon him staring with no emotion, but steadily turning pure black. “Tis nay my fault ye believe this be you own da bar.”

After an insult like that Marz was certainly not going to take it with out protest. This was her mother after all she came to see. Puffing out her chest she did the natural art of posturing in a threat. Not any flight for this lady but fight.

Llefelys wrote:Llef raised his eyebrow at the woman as she ranted back at him. Oh joy...a fighter. He thought, grinning at what would soon become his entertainment. She had held her chest out, trying to seem threatening, however it just gave Llef a better view of certain areas of it. He didnt bother to hide the fact he was staring.

"Yes well....can i buy you a drink?"He asked, not taking his eyes off her 'posture'.

Marzena wrote:The eyes that were turning black now turned back to their natural blue - green, but still remained motionless at his defining stare upon her. Almost purring she looks down along him. Crooking her head to the side, “You are growing furry paws.” her eyes stared momentarily stunned at the fuzzy paw sticking up.

Realizing how silly this man looked so dolled up now to have a black and white paw sticking from him she chuckled. Her chuckle grew into a giggle, but before long full out laughter finished it all. “Oh good Jah nay I’ll buy ye a drink for that! The best show the entire eve!” Her eyes continued to dance at this odd view.

Llefelys wrote:He was rather shocked by what reaction the cat would bring, however it was a positive one, so he was not going to complain.

"You buy ME a drink? Well tha' be a little odd, but al'righty then." He said, somewhat shocked, still holding on to the little box, scared of what Aasha would do if he lost the kitten.
Aasha
Aasha
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Aasha Sun Mar 22, 2009 11:06 pm

Marzena wrote:Amused with his own apparent stunned reaction she chuckled a bit more, “Aye I SHALL.” she laughed with a hint of teasing.

“Ye may find I can be an odd one.” Still staring at the paw she couldn’t help it any more. “Why by Jah are you holding a feline in a box? The poor thing obviously wants out.” she reached her hand and then a finger out batting at the kittens paw playfully.

“I am Marzena, but most call me Marzy, what ye want?” Her eyes dart softened now up to his playing along his face taking in his appearance.

Llefelys wrote:"Oh yes...odd one indeed. He thought, watching the woman with interest. When she asked about the box, he chuckled. "Ah yes, well my friend Aasha is giving this little...beast to the Regent and her new husband. Somehow, i ended up holding it."Llef said absently, looking around for his promised drink.

Marzena wrote:The bartender slid two whiskeys in front of each of them. His art in deliverance of the tiny shots filled up was a mastery all in it’s own. As the bartender began walking away her hand shot out grabbing his arm. “Leave the bottle.”

Shrugging a bit in her shoulders to the lack of name Marzy turned facing the bar. “Well here’s to interesting visions.” The shot glass raised to her lips with a quick tip and throwing of her head back. She swallowed the vial fluids into her gut. Hissing a little to the burn.

“Beast eh? Seems that little beast saved you some troubles.” her hand already tipping the bottle to refill another shots worth.

Llefelys wrote:Llef grinned as he was saved....it as a glass...oh such a beautiful glass, of whiskey. He raised his glass to her toast, while holding the cat-box with his other hand, then drinking it. He then held it out near the bottle for her to pour him another, then engaged in pointless idle conversation.

"So Marzy, how do you know the bride and groom?"He said, as if pretending that the bride wasnt the Princess of all of England.

Marzena wrote:Raising a brow she felt a tease coming on. “I said A drink not a bottle.” Rolling her eyes in a fake protest she reluctantly pours a tiny drop into his shot. Checking his reaction with a sudden smile she tipped the bottle adding a full shot again. “Jah Kerri is one of my best friends.” Marz hated calling her HRM usually detesting all forms of titles and peerage. “An ye?”

Her shot raised in one quick fluid motion with the tip of her head sliding the fluid again into her throat. Having to admit already the putrid flavor was weakened. A few more shots she wouldn’t taste it at all, but being as she had yet to eat. This would get her rather drunk herself in a short period of time.

Llefelys wrote:He raised an eye at her when she teased him, but said nothing. When she called the Princess by her first name however, he was taken aback, but said nothing at first, answering her question.

"Well I be the born-out-of-wedlock welsh cousin of Lord Harlan, and likely the most entertaining of all the Bradleys, or at least my bedmate of last night thought so."He said, before downing the whiskey.

Marzena wrote:Perhaps the two wines and now two shots of whiskey were getting to her head already. Did he just say what she thought he said? Shaking it off another shot was poured for both and quickly consumed. “Pfft ye are original at least. Ye be close to Harlan eh? He hardly seems like ye.”

Not even noticing another shot glass reached her lips, and with no effort was tipped back. Sure enough the putrid flavor was gone. Turning from the bar still pouring the shots she looked at him with rose shaded cheeks. All the blood rushing up as the giddy side of her grew. “Challenging as well eh?” she winked feeling her head grow a slight heavy, but not enough to hamper her enjoyment.

Llefelys wrote:He laughed again at her comments, or maybe it was the ale, he didnt know. What he did know, was that he had to brace the bar to keep his balance at this point.

"Ah..yes well...it seems welshmen cant hold their ale like the irish."He said, setting the box on the bar without thinking, and turning his attention back to Marzy.

"As for my cousin, thank jah he is nothing like me. My family need someone mature and intelligent to lead us. He's even better at staying sober than the rest of us, although he has a habit of sneaking off to the back of the tavern with our lady regent...however I doubt that has little to do with drinking."
Aasha
Aasha
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Aasha Sun Mar 22, 2009 11:07 pm

Her eyes flashed emerald fire when he grabbed her arm to stop her. She absolutely hated to be told what to do, throwbacks to her cousin she was sure. A bit of the drink sloshed out of her glass, which only served to get her back up even more.

Luckily, she'd not lost all common sense, she was aware enough of her surroundings to listen instead of react, plus, she'd been told in no uncertain terms she couldn't carry her dagger strapped to her arm like she normally did. Glancing towards the couple, she realized he was right. The couple with Kerri and Harlan had an aura of respectability she would never have, it was best not to approach quite yet.

Her temper wasn't one to burn out fast though, it was slowly simmering under the surface as he continued their conversation. A well used mask fell over her face, hiding her emotions well, though her eyes still gave things away. Past sins has a way of findin' ya when ya least 'xpects it. Here's hopin' it ain't fer tonight anyhow. One of the drinks was tossed back, the empty glass deposited on the bar before she spoke again. Yah...I think ya said that before. Ain't nothin' wrong wit' 'em, till they start fightin' with foxes.

Still, she refused to take the cat back. Let him hold it, it was much less likely that the kitten would ruin her dress that way. Turning to refill her empty glass as she began to work on the next, she missed the lady's approach until Llef reacted.

Surprised his reaction was so strong, she watched curiously as the two began to argue. - They can't say I caused this one. - It reached its peak almost as quickly as it began, causing her to bite back an automatic defense of Llef. He was holding his own well enough, in fact it seemed he was enjoying the attention, and the woman's charms if his face was anything to go by.

The overtones were making her uncomfortable, his interest in the woman's cleavage was too close to the leering her cousin had encouraged his friends to do. - Long as he doesn't get too distracted and hurt the kitten...he does that and he'll regret it, bet I can find a shovel somewhere close...the stables aren't that far! -

It was funny, the woman claimed to be one of Kerri's best friends, but she'd never seen her before. She thought she knew most of the folks in Shrewsbury. It just reinforced how out of place in this crowd she was, well out of her league.

Losing interest in the two as Llef mentioned his conquests, she began to scan the room, not missing the wink Jasmyne gave when she arrived. Edging closer to Harlan and Kerri, she decided he could catch up later, she could tell them he had a present from her, then go thank Timari for her unexpected, but quite appreciated support earlier.
Aasha
Aasha
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Aasha Sun Mar 22, 2009 11:08 pm

Marzena wrote:Marz was well snockered now as she did away from the shot taking the booze straight from the bottle. Her alcoholic vision had fully kicked in and she could hardly hear anything else. Save her own heavy breath in her chest. Why did she have to choose whiskey. Ale she could drink for ever an walk the next morning, but then again this was a celebration.

Taking another chug on the bottle she passed the bottle to the man who she found an interesting drinking partner. Reminded her of the merrier days running around taverns with dukes, and knights. Cracking up to his referal to Kerri her eyes danced as her body began moving on it’s own.

Turning her back to the bar she rested her elbows on it leaning her body out. “I need to move, and be freeee!” Having what she thought would be a brilliant idea, but like most ideas when drunk perhaps not the brightest. “Want to go exploring in the dark cellar?” she giggled practically leaping from the bar not really waiting a response, “Come on bring the bottle.”
Aasha
Aasha
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Aasha Sun Mar 22, 2009 11:08 pm

She'd not made it far enough away to miss the comment the lady made to Llef about exploring. Her mouth opened in shock, here she'd been taught ladies acted with decorum, but apparently she'd been lied to. Either that, or this was no lady.- Hadn't she noticed this woman all over some man earlier? -Glancing back, she noted the jewels. - Yep, same woman, though she was starting to doubt the lady part. Wouldn't Kerri have a great time teaching her how to act? -

It was at that moment that she noticed the box on the bar. - Damn men, they never did anything right when distracted. -The slow burn was now a full blown fire as she stomped back toward the two.

Eyes narrowed, she strode up and placed herself directly in front of Llef. Her voice was deceptively calm; Am I that easy to ferget? Grabbing the box from the bar, she pivoted and walked away, plotting all kinds of revenge as she did.
Aasha
Aasha
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Aasha Sun Mar 22, 2009 11:09 pm

Jasmyne wrote:Jas stopped Aasha midway through the room. I wanted to give you something to remember me by. From under Jas's red hair she pulled out an exquisite blade, seeing that Aasha eyes darted towards the guards at the door, Jas said. Pfffft, them, you have to be kidding, you should know by now i dont go anywhere unarmed and those guards couldnt find a pitchfork in a barn.

The blade was 7 inches long with a white hilt and embossed with a golden J. No matter where i am in the world, i want you to know im always thinking of you. she then hugged Aasha. Dear, you hold my temper so dont do anything you'll regret later ok, i love you and wish you all the best the world has to offer.
Aasha
Aasha
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Aasha Sun Mar 22, 2009 11:09 pm

She'd only gotten a couple of steps away from the pair when she was stopped. Whirling around, ready to lash out, she blushed bright red when she recognized Jasmyne. Sorry...thought ya was somebody else. Her words were terse, it was apparent she was thoroughly ticked off to anyone who knew her well.

As Jas pulled something from her hair, Aasha glanced around, hoping none of the guards noticed. Umm...here? If'n they sees... But the reassurances and her own observation showed no one had seen what the other lady had pulled out. In other circumstances, the comment about the guards would have made her laugh, though it did pull a smile.

Her eyes went to the dagger. It was exquisite, the care easily showed when the light hit the blade. Much to her delight, the weight was slight enough that she could easily conceal it in the tight fitting upper sleeve of her outfit. I've been missin' mine all day...Harlan said it'd ruin the lines of my dress if'n I wore one at the weddin'...whatever that means. Hugging the woman back, touched by her words, she whispered; I won't r'gret nothin' later...an' gets back to Shrews soon. I...jus' gets back soon...

Jasmyne's words and actions were a forceful reminder that she did have people who cared about her, a family she'd never expected. It might only be one person, but it was more than she had even a few minutes before. The entire incident only lasted a few moments, as Jasmyne walked away, Aasha glanced behind her to glare at Llef one last time, then started walking once more
Aasha
Aasha
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Aasha Sun Mar 22, 2009 11:10 pm

--Pillow wrote:Tail still wagging, Pillow had found nirvana. This human was great, he even got another piece of meat. Mmmmm...meat. Yummmmm... Wow,a chicken leg, not just a piece, the whole thing! The chicken leg was held firmly within his mouth. Don't open mouth, it will fall. Hold tight, let no one take my meat. Mine, all mine! Don't bark.

He could forgive the silly human under the table now, he had real food. Out of the corner of his eye, he noticed the hand coming out again. Hmm...he dropped meat. For me? Tilt head, study small morsel, think of large leg in mouth. Tilt head other way, tighten teeth on large leg in mouth. Nope, large meat is better than small meat.

Wait, kitchen? No..whine through tightened teeth. Not kitchen, brooms in kitchen. Ellie doesn't like Pillow in kitchen. Hey, nooooo...not kitchenn... Pillow was squirming a bit, but couldn't escape as the man carried him out of the room.

Tilt head, listen close. What are they saying? Warm, food...food, I know food. More food for Pillow? No, she's yelling. Head twisting, looking for broom. No broom, wait, whats this? I can stay in kitchen? The fox relaxed in the man's arms as he talked to the cook, he was safe for now, though he did wonder where his mistress was.

He had no idea what the cook said, but her tone was nice, much like the children in the orphanage where he was born. Curling up on the mattress, he began to enjoy his feast in earnest, knowing he could always go find his mistress later.

Wolfmist wrote:Wolfmist bowed, walked towards the bar and clapped his hands on both Llef's and Aasha's shoulders. "Right, you two, out! You, Sir, have been warned already. You, Miss, I let you go before seeing as you had let yourself be quiet before I got there!"

Steering them both towards the door he pushed them off the lest step out into the night. He turned to the guards at the door, where Horace seemed to be stood watching, "they are not to be let back in until they have recovered the decorum this celebration requires, each of you understood?" He spoke to each of them Llef, Aasha, and the two guards, loudly and clearly, now that they were out of earshot of the party inside. On his way back up the steps he met Horace, who was standing by one of the door guards curiously watching the scene. "Sir, if I may say so, do not allow them back in until they have convinced you that they have more than an ounce of decency and decorum that this celebration requires." He walked past him back into the ball room. He had the drunk woman to deal with now. "You, on the other hand," he clapped his hands on Marzena's shoulders, "You've had enough. If I see you with at least one drop of sauce, you're barred. You hear?" He plucked the bottle from her hand and set it down on the table. "If I were you, I'd sit down, let it wear off a bit." He adjusted a bit to tempt her to sit down on one of the spare chairs nearby. "Remember, no more! Stick to fruit juice I think, then you may be OK."

Wolfmist walked back up the ballroom, adjusting his robes a bit from the activity and discreetly approach Harlan, "they are dealt with, Sir. Enjoy your evening."
Aasha
Aasha
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Aasha Sun Mar 22, 2009 11:10 pm

Assuming the heavy hand to be Llef, Aasha swung around, furious. Her fists cletched at her side, she bit off; Yer 'memberin'...ohhh... It wasn't him at all. Much to her horror, she was looking up into the face of the same guard she'd fled from earlier. Her face went deathly white as he began to lead her to the door. She wanted to protest, but that would land her in the gaols for sure. - Damn man, its all his fault! -

The guard was anything but gentle, but luckily he was gripping an area on her shoulder that had lost feeling long ago. The shove out the door was a different story. The hem of her gown got tangled in her boots as he pushed, causing her to flail her one free arm wildly. Scrambling for purchase, she grabbed for Llef's wrist, getting a handful of lace. His sleeve did nothing to break her fall, and with the box clutched in the other, she couldn't even use it. Landing on her bum with a handful of lace, she glared over at Llef, hoping he'd shared the same fate.- D'karm? - More fancy words she didn't understand, but she knew what kicked out meant. She was furious, was going to make sure Llef caught the full brunt of it.
Aasha
Aasha
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next