Alternative RK
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[RP] Demanding the Truth

Go down

[RP] Demanding the Truth Empty [RP] Demanding the Truth

Post  arthur_loxley Sat Jan 02, 2010 12:18 pm

Alamothih wrote:Al took the notices from the Council's announcements boards, still angry he marched over to the Council Chambers and stood at the door, and shouted towards the window he knew was the Captains

I demand the truth! Unsubstantiated lies have no place in Stafford!

He continued shouting until he had some sort of audience, and then began his argument

In Scotland, the WhiteSnow clan have formed an army, led by Ericvermulen , Lord of Braidwood, and are heading towards the English border. Ericvermulen states that it is only for protection, as he is carrying trade deals for both Somerset and Chester; and that he will disband the Army in Dumfries. Watch this space…

WhiteSnow? Criminals? You besmirch the Rose clan and my family by this grossly incorrect assumption. Eric Vermulen is no Whitesnow, he is a Rose - a Clan I am proud to hold membership in, and you insult the women of my family with this lie. Lady Vevina is the Chieftess of the Rose Clan, and Lady Yuki is the Vice Chancellor of Scotland, and has helped work towards peace with England on numerous occasions as well as being my cousin. He looked a few in the eye showing he knew this to be true before continuing.

Their group is made of Roses as well as those of the honourable Clans Munro and Murray, and the army was formed for the protection of Glasgow's capital and then used for protection to the border where they disbanded with their trade grants for the benefit of England.

Then two groups of legal size were lead by my Cousin Yuki and her beloved Eric, two upstanding members of Scottish society and no criminals. Almost all the members of the groups are civil servants - former mayors and councilors of Glasgow - certainly no criminals. They are a peaceful group of travelers, who are working to help their County while visiting friends and family.

I know this to be true because I have been in contact with them, as I am a part of the family they wish to visit, as they have done before with no such fuss, when my brother Conalae was here.

Rummaging into his bag he pulled another couple of pieces of parchment and waved it around a little heatedly
And whats more, they have a personal welcome from our Regent! It is not such a hostile "invasion" which has been portrayed

Some groups have made it through the northern border into Cumberland despite the decree issued including: Barbatos, Tookster, and a group Ericvermulen, Vevina, Bohemianpiano, Skilt, Yukishiro, Rogue1971. A strike force is being assembled to incapacitate the larger group to not allow them to travel further south into England

Our Duke states a strike force is being assembled, yet none is available thus far. Lancaster voted, and decided not to use kill lists to incapacitate my family, they decided to make an army but none has materialised so far.

With a last sigh he added The failure to report and provide the truth may be evident in the rest of England, but I would hope Stafford can adhere to a greater honesty, and not tall tales from ill-informed and biased rumourmongers
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

[RP] Demanding the Truth Empty Re: [RP] Demanding the Truth

Jorne wrote:Jorne was on a small trip when he noticed his brother, Alamothih almost violently shouting up at the Council Chambers.
"Umm, something the matter?"
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Alamothih wrote:Al calmed as he saw Jorne, and handed him a fist full of paperwork
Reports that disgrace our relatives from Scotland, false information and slanderous. I hope our council rectifies this misinformation immediately.
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Jorne wrote:Jorne carefully perused the parchments.
"Hmm, this is Captain Regnavats? He's rather new to the position and Council in general, this may have just been an accidental error. Why don't we try and knock?"
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Artur_le_breton wrote:From his carriage the Baron of Cannock overhears the voices calling aloud. Listening, he then steps out to give voice to his thoughts.

Perhaps the new Captain doth rely too much upon the accounts of others?
Even letting rumourmongers put words within his mouth.

My advice to the good captain is to be more skeptical and seek information beyond which passes to the ears, perhaps from alternative sources, rather than just spreading what passively comes one's way.

Peel away the windswept leaves to reveal the kernal of truth less visible, be it carried by scoundrels, scalawags, or well-meaning politicians.
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Post  arthur_loxley Sat Jan 02, 2010 12:19 pm

Arthur_loxley wrote:
Alamothih wrote:Al took the notices from the Council's announcements boards, still angry he marched over to the Council Chambers and stood at the door, and shouted towards the window he knew was the Captains

I demand the truth! Unsubstantiated lies have no place in Stafford!

He continued shouting until he had some sort of audience, and then began his argument

In Scotland, the WhiteSnow clan have formed an army, led by Ericvermulen , Lord of Braidwood, and are heading towards the English border. Ericvermulen states that it is only for protection, as he is carrying trade deals for both Somerset and Chester; and that he will disband the Army in Dumfries. Watch this space…

WhiteSnow? Criminals? You besmirch the Rose clan and my family by this grossly incorrect assumption. Eric Vermulen is no Whitesnow, he is a Rose - a Clan I am proud to hold membership in, and you insult the women of my family with this lie. Lady Vevina is the Chieftess of the Rose Clan, and Lady Yuki is the Vice Chancellor of Scotland, and has helped work towards peace with England on numerous occasions as well as being my cousin. He looked a few in the eye showing he knew this to be true before continuing.

Their group is made of Roses as well as those of the honourable Clans Munro and Murray, and the army was formed for the protection of Glasgow's capital and then used for protection to the border where they disbanded with their trade grants for the benefit of England.

Then two groups of legal size were lead by my Cousin Yuki and her beloved Eric, two upstanding members of Scottish society and no criminals. Almost all the members of the groups are civil servants - former mayors and councilors of Glasgow - certainly no criminals. They are a peaceful group of travelers, who are working to help their County while visiting friends and family.

I know this to be true because I have been in contact with them, as I am a part of the family they wish to visit, as they have done before with no such fuss, when my brother Conalae was here.

Rummaging into his bag he pulled another couple of pieces of parchment and waved it around a little heatedly
And whats more, they have a personal welcome from our Regent! It is not such a hostile "invasion" which has been portrayed

Some groups have made it through the northern border into Cumberland despite the decree issued including: Barbatos, Tookster, and a group Ericvermulen, Vevina, Bohemianpiano, Skilt, Yukishiro, Rogue1971. A strike force is being assembled to incapacitate the larger group to not allow them to travel further south into England

Our Duke states a strike force is being assembled, yet none is available thus far. Lancaster voted, and decided not to use kill lists to incapacitate my family, they decided to make an army but none has materialised so far.

With a last sigh he added The failure to report and provide the truth may be evident in the rest of England, but I would hope Stafford can adhere to a greater honesty, and not tall tales from ill-informed and biased rumourmongers

Arthur heard a familiar voice outside the castle. He was working in his office when he heard the agitation and screaming get worse. Walking outside to see what was that matter, he found several people outside making a scene. He listened to the rantings, then calmly stated:

Is this the way a noble should be acting? Yelling and screaming for answers instead of seeking an audience with the Captain or Duke? His questions were rhetorical. He didn't expect any answers. Surely, you have experience with speaking with elected officials with your past in diplomatic affairs. Perhaps, you have been away from these things too long...

To answer your concerns, sources in Cumberland including Elmix from the Knights of Phoenix have given us the information you seek to discredit. While Regnavats is new to the Guard, he is doing a great job in his role. A lesson to learn is to triple-check facts prior to informing the citizens.

Your information is also inaccurate and misleading. Your family members did not enter Cumberland with permission, or of legal size. The soldiers of the Carlisle capitol have evidence to the contrary.

[RP] Demanding the Truth Evidence_of_law_break

It is also important to note that your family is bringing stone and iron to Chester. It is known that the closest port to Ireland would be that of Barnstaple, Cornwall or Holywell, Chester. It is curious that such a large group is traveling from Scotland to Chester with trade grants. Is it really necessary to send six people to deliver a grant from Scotland to Chester?

Yukishiro is also ambassador to Ireland, having many close contacts. Just as you once were.. His head turned to the side as if thinking. People in Cumberland may have suspicions about the Rose clan, or particular family members. It is my duty as Duke, and that of our Captain, to inform the people of Stafford and relay news. This is the news that has been brought to our attention and asked to forward to our people, and we have done so. He turned to head back to his office. He had much to work on.
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Salter wrote:Salter mutters something about an out of touch duke .. throwing out of touch decrees and rumors out of his office window .. as he walks by the Dukes office ..
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Arthur_loxley wrote:He saw Salter in the crowd and it reminded him of his request weeks ago. Lord Salter, I am still waiting for that list of BHG. When can I expect the list?
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Salter wrote:Salter grimaces as he hears Loxleys voice .."When i have the time ..!! .. Balancing a Towns books isnt as easy as it seems from up their .. Duke Tudor ..
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Arthur_loxley wrote:
Salter wrote:Salter grimaces as he hears Loxleys voice .."When i have the time ..!! .. Balancing a Towns books isnt as easy as it seems from up their .. Duke Tudor ..

Ah.. I see. You have the time to arrange trades with other counties, hold informal meetings with other mayors without cooperating with the county, conspire with others to force the county to institute the marshal program, create a merchant guild directory for international trade but can't find the time to focus efforts of defense between Birmingham and the county. He shook his head, disappointed at the way some were against helping the county of Stafford.
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Post  arthur_loxley Sat Jan 02, 2010 12:20 pm

Slon wrote:Slon walks by and laughs as he hears the Duke arguing, making accusations and otherwise being uncivilized, noting that he supposedly has a title. He shakes his head as he recounts that this is the person who was elected to represent the County on the national scene.
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Salter wrote:
Arthur_loxley wrote:

Ah.. I see. You have the time to arrange trades with other counties, hold informal meetings with other mayors without cooperating with the county, conspire with others to force the county to institute the marshal program, create a merchant guild directory for international trade but can't find the time to focus efforts of defense between Birmingham and the county. He shook his head, disappointed at the way some were against helping the county of Stafford.

Bah ! ... I have time to arrange trades .. because i am searching for good deals for birmingham correct .. I also do talk to various mayors of stafford .. it allows birmingham and other stafford towns to get trade moving .. but i did not realize that mayors talking to each other was prohibited under your dukeship .. In that case i apologize and will inform you two weeks in advance before i talk to a mayor again ..Salters words now spitting with sarcasm.. Ahh the Whiskey trade .. Yes i got some good contacts in the Whiskey trade .. and actually thought .. " Well if im importing for Bham's level fours .. why not Staffords ?! .. but if you feel that I am to only look out for Bham's level 4's then again i apologize a thousand times !Salter pulls a odd over dramatic sad face .. Oh how i wish Birmingham could afford 20 marshalls ! .. Dont you have a Social ladder climbing Session to attend ?! Salter gestures two fingers at Loxley and laughs at him .. walking into the nearest respectable Ale house ..
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Rainchaser77 wrote:She tries to ignore the shouting in the courtyard, but after reading the same sentence in the lawbook for the fifth time only to have the meaning escape again she slams the book closed in exasperation and moves to the window. "Oh for the love of Jah!" She peers out and watches as Jorne apparently talks down Al, though now that the shouting has stopped she can't really hear what's being said through the glass. She cracks the casement open just slightly, the gust of cool air crisp in her lungs and listens to what Arthur has to say, which was what should have been known--that information regarding the northern border came from Carlisle. Two months ago, people were shouting that Stafford should work with Cumberland, now they are supposed to ignore reports from them? A sardonic smile creeps onto her face.

Who is this now? She rolls her eyes. Salter shouting about what a wonderful mayor he is. Nothing new there. Why in the world would someone who is already an Earl, has been Chief Justice and only narrowly lost a bid for the Regency, turning down a second nomination be scrabbling for power? Such pettiness. She giggles, not bothering to hide the sound. She has as much interest in this as anyone and she'd be down there if she didn't have so much work to do. She waves, the derisive half-smile still on her face.
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Post  arthur_loxley Sat Jan 02, 2010 12:21 pm

Rhenova wrote:Rhen walks over near the crowd with his cloak covering himself, so that he would not be seen by the arguing politicians. Politics! How I missed them so... Well this one isn't for me...
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Regnavats wrote:Having heard the fracas from one of the local taverns, Regnavats walks towards the Council Chambers and the small remaining group still stood there. On his way he notices a heated discussion between Duke Loxley and Lord Salter, but they disperse before he gets close.

Good evening Lord Artur Regnavats says, and quickly turning to the remaining two Mayors he says, My Lord Alamothih and my Lord Jorne what appears to be the problem.

Aarrh I see you have the notice I left for the people of Stafford to read, but what ails you. I overheard the conversation about checking information and I can categorically state that before I inform anyone about Military matters I quantify what I have heard. If you are referring to the piece about the WhiteSnow clan forming an army, led by Lord Eric Vermulen, that piece of information was provided by three different sources, but in future I will endeavor to find a fourth, if not a fifth independent person to corroborate such items.

However taking into account what you have said, about your relatives not being, and I quote
Alamothih wrote:WhiteSnow? Criminals?
I did not mean this in the slightest.

My news item informed people within the Stafford County that a Scottish Army, led by Lord Eric Vermulen was heading towards the English border; which I hasten to add has just been recently opened. I also stated that Lord Vermulen said that the Army was for his protection as he was carrying trade goods to England, and also that the Army would disband in Dumfries. I also added watch this space, so that people would get the feeling that it would be updated at the next review. Now what I need to ask is, was that information not true...... because in hind sight I feel that it was. However you may contradict me if you wish......

Hearing nothing in return Regnavats continues.... You mentioned that they traveled in two groups of legal size, however my sources say that they traveled, like I overheard Duke Loxley say, together in one group... well as far as the County palatine of Lancaster, any way.

As for a strike force, well I know nothing of that. That is something you will need to take up with the Duke.

Now as time is late....if there is nothing else.....
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Jorne wrote:Jorne bows as Regnavats arrives and explains and as Count Tudor reveals his argument.
"Well, I think that explains quite a bit, wouldn't you say, brother?"
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Alamothih wrote:Al raises an eyebrow, as he looks at hte evidence and listens to regnavats whilst Salter and Arthur argue. Turning to his brother he sighs Yes, it appears to show that the council has a gross misinformant, but that the blame is not Lord Regnavats or even Lord Loxley's. Whomever they traffic information with is the reason for this slanderous statement.
Turning to Lord Regnavats he continued
And I cannot falter you Lord Regnavats as you probably have a small idea of Scotland's politics, but calling a army a WhiteSnow army is like calling them a Wolf of Sherwood army. They are a clan of criminals.
Handing the evidence that the duke had thrown out of the window back to Regnavats he told Regnavats, rahter than Arthur who was still in discussion with Salter That evidence proves nothing, that a group was in Cumberland of size 6 isnt a crime, nor is it to travel through Cumberland and Lancaster in a group of 6. There was no criminal border crossing as I am sure you will find from the copious defenders on the Scottish border.

With a last statement realising whatever he did was wasted I pray that this attitude installed by the war-mongers, those who are scared of their own shadow, and those who deal in vague rumours is not continued once my family arrives to holiday with the Williams family.
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Post  arthur_loxley Sat Jan 02, 2010 12:22 pm

Artur_le_breton wrote:Artur le Breton greets Regnavats in kind. "Good afternoon, Captain." and listens to what he says to the others as he does not seem to address the Baron of Cannock directly further.

"Your thought about contacting four or five independant parties for confirmation is a noble one, if your words speak truly, but how about this as a suggestion? Instead of hearing the same rumour repeated from many different sources, why not contact the noble persons involved directly to hear from the source?"

The blacksmith from Lichfield granted peerage continues. "If you hear a lord from the northern marches, the border of Scotland, has entered our kingdom passing through the county of Cumberland on the only route possible to follow to reach the County Palatinate of Chester over land, then why not send a messenger to the scotsman leading that army and ask him for details on the where and why of his intentions and travel if it is a great concern to Stafford? Perhaps what explanation recieved will be of dubious accuracy, perhaps it will be a full and complete statement of truth. But it shall indeed be information from the lord involved, directly, rather than a repetition of rumours from third parties uninvolved."

Then in an aside, to Lord Alamothih, "Perhaps your kinsmen's contacts in county Chester for this trade offer might speak to confirm the plans so as to lessen any concerns within England? If the deal has the blessing of peers in Chester, then their word should suffice and be considered a lawful invitation." and nods.
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Regnavats wrote:Regnavats listens first to Mayor Jorne's response and then to Mayor Alamothih; and accepts the papers when they were passed to him. His focus then transfers to the Baron of Cannock who suggests sending a runner to pose questions to the aforementioned Lord Eric Vermulen. When the conversation had finished Regnavats responds....

My Lord Artur, indeed direct conversation through a messenger would be a perfect solution to all our information problems, but as you are aware a man or in this case a messenger is only as fast as his horse. With the border of Scotland between 6 and 8 days travel by the most direct route, information obtained by a messenger would be well out of date when they returned. Likewise with the current warnings of prtty criminals on the road the journey could well be dangerous for one man.
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Artur_le_breton wrote:Artur le Breton smiles and shakes his head with a chuckle, hearing the Captain's response.

Good captain. Am I to understand that whenever you choose to communicate with other counties, you do so through sending a personal messenger on foot rather than making use of the King's Royal messengers who deliver writs to and from individuals privately in correspondance?

Perhaps you attempt to humour me.

I assure you that I can send a correspondance through the royal messengers without fail, even across kingdom borders, and recieve a response in kind unerringly. It might be miraculous to some, but the carrier pigeons in use of the Royal Mail do reach their destinations in far far less time than you suggest.
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Marzena wrote:Spends her last day of misery in this hole to find this speech of interesting manners. From a place and people she recently had to contend with. Looking to Artur her eyes flared to words said before her departure.

Looking to Alam betrayal far greater. Having heard of a certain letter sent by the man in question to the embassy she fluffs her skirtings. "Well hello Artur. Seems I can be of use to you for once, but best hurry. I soon leave this wretched place. Truth be known there is a plot brewing. An the Roses nay be so innocent as claimed." Flaring a look to Slon for recent lies of his being spoken of her being a criminal. The one pride she has in life is never to have done one criminal act.

"While in Scotland I was held down in the town of Muirkirk by the Fury army for three weeks. An those very people whom now are debated. Strolled in and out with ease. Nay ONLY to mention that the Roses are well known across Scotland to being involved in a treaty with Fury leaders and families. I witnessed it myself, and have sent copies to military leaders. An the regent, but if ye would like a copy of this treaty between Glasgow county, and Fury... I can provide a copy now. Not to mention I can produce witnesses testimony that one in particular in that list has not only killed their own Rose kin for lust, but produced several of England's notorious criminals. Despite all of this. It is NOT England's tradition to lock down before a crime is committed. Thus increase ye security, and hold ye arms, but do not over react. Ye are wise to be ready, but not to attack." Stopping to flash a look of death to Alam.

"Is sad when one is called a liar, but the liars are the accusers. Will there be anything else I can help ye with?"Looks back to Artur her eyes cold as steal. Gathering her skirts she leaves the conversation, and county all together.
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Artur_le_breton wrote:Artur snorts, "The lie, dear traveller-without-retinue, is that I have accused anyone from Scotland of anything. Perhaps English is not your strong suit among speakers of Gaelic?"

"If my proposition that accepting information without seeking to verify it is a lie, I plead guilty. Though it cannot be a lie if I honestly believe it, I'll accept as a premise that you yourself do truly believe one should not verify information recieved from a single party."
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Marzena wrote:Stopping on her exit she flashes a look over her shoulder arching a brow. Not humored at all she turns on her heels returning to the man who spoke in such a manner.

“Artur I speak fine English, and understand it far better. Do nay get ye knickers in a bunch. For this I tell ye now. Nay a one of ye be worthy to treat any person as I see here. Though to answer your statement in the pose of inquiry. I made England's intelligence for years. Not all information brought forth should need verifying. If a mere rumor true ye be, but if with evidence to back it in the words of the offender. Ye best better pull them knickers out, draw ye sword, and be prepared to fight.

To my own safety is true. Danke ye kindly for announcing across the lands. Fortunately most know with in England I always travel such. To be with a partner means that I have only a lover in my chambers. One can nay run around fearful of what maybe. An be willing to embrace what could be. Next time ye speak to me remember I have done my years of service to the crown with no thank. I have always remained by my friends and family until they betray me.”
Stopping to adjust the bosom cut of her gown.

“Betray or insult me though, and feel my sting. Remember a flower with erotic aroma excites ye soul. Velvety petals to draw ye heart. Is still surrounded by unbreakable thorns. Verify, but remember in the journey sometimes ye destroy ye own delicate grip upon the soft stem between the thorns when ye do.” Turning with her head held up high. She pitied Stafford at this point. All sides being so obviously corrupted. The stories she heard while here. The events shown to her. The once great men left in a slimy puddle of political fornication. Her heart ached for the innocent citizens exposed to those present and demanding and claiming. Oh how her truths could rot their stories in a split second. She began to walk away again.
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Slon wrote:Slon notices a hostile glare from Marzena and recalls the letter he received from her a long time ago, one which left him rather confused indeed. He felt a need to say something in response to that look, so he said,
"I only called you a criminal after reading the article in the AAP, which included a letter of confession which you yourself claim to have written. The acts described in the letter which you claim to have done were definitely criminal, which is why I classified you as a criminal at that time. I thought that since you wrote the letter, which was copied in the AAP, that you would know..
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Post  arthur_loxley Sat Jan 02, 2010 12:23 pm

Marzena wrote:Stopping once more to the voice of Slon grumbling, “Ah really eh? Rather funny don’t you think? Since the accusations were made to LordRichy not even a month ago by ye? This was in response to my foolishly supporting him for his mayoral run. That letter was placed well over three months ago, and since that initial placing, and prior to your month my name was cleared as being nothing more than a grand prank. One many people aided me in pulling off. This said why in Jah’s fools name would ye believe a thing written by that mad man Wolfmist? The same man who chased me into, and around Scotland. Despite the duchess Cruzincat personally telling him I committed no crimes the very night prior. The same fool who proclaimed himself ultimate ruler of Cumberland when we shared a term. Caused great havoc in his short stint as judge, and abandoned the citizens resigning. Once again laying the blame in my lap. Can ye blame me for taking the extremes to make peoples heart stop? As I mentioned mere moments before to Arter. Betray and insult me, and feel my sting. Ye were a friend of mine Slon. Ye of all people shouldn’t have betrayed me with such nonsense. Jah but ye did didn’t ye now.” Shaking her head she walks away once more daring another soul to claim innocence in her presence.
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down