Alternative RK
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[RP] Demanding an Answer

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

[RP] Demanding an Answer Empty [RP] Demanding an Answer

Post  arthur_loxley Sat Jan 02, 2010 1:08 pm

Arthur_loxley wrote:Word reached Arthur quickly about the latest proclamation by the Regent. He was shocked and appalled that he was being attaindered. Disbelief and bewilderment were running through him in equal measures. He had always been loyal to the crown. For his loyalty to not only be questioned, but to be found lacking almost destroyed his faith in the sitting Regent. She knew him, knew his family. Knew his work for the good of England. There was nothing he had done that did not ultimately lead to bettering Stafford or England, and yet...yet he was cast aside like a useless vessel.

Bitter and angry, Arthur knew he had to go and speak to her. To find out who had impugned his honor, and why. What purpose did it serve? Unless it was to weaken everything he had done and was doing to help. A diabolical plot because they knew of his work to help Chester? He did not stop to change, but mounted his horse and rode out into the night, determination lining his brow.

It was the wee hours of the morning when he arrived at the castle, weary and travel worn. His mind had not stopped spinning in circles, finding no answers to the riddle that plagued him. Under other circumstances it might be too early to visit, but this was not a social call, and could not wait. His voice was cold when he spoke to the guards, informing them Lord Loxley was there to see the regent, his stance showing he would not be turned away.
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

[RP] Demanding an Answer Empty Re: [RP] Demanding an Answer

Salter wrote: A Creek of Light shone upon the Court yard of the Inner Keep of the Castle as one of the two Large oak doors swung slowly open ... , The early morning was still emerging from Twilight , but chilling to the skin . Lord Viscount Salter emerged from the Door , roughly dressed in his fur line cloak .. followed by two Guardsmen, of which each held a Flamed Torch in one hand and a Cutlass in the other . . Mumbling could be heard as the trio, lead by the Lord made its way across the long courtyard to the Inner gatehouse .
" and who would hath woke me in this hour ?!! .. " Upon reaching the gate house , he nodded to the Sergeant of the gate and stood looking around, still in a sleeping frame of mind .
Yes ? .. and who be wanting the Regent at this ghastly time of the Morn ?!! Salter continued to look about the Group of guards , eventually Noticing Loxley .. he smirked for a few seconds .. but returned to tired and rather angry persona .and .. what shall you want at this time ? .. Your are disgraced by the Crown .. for what shall you want to meet the regent for ?!
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Arthur_loxley wrote:Arthur had no patience this eve. The smirk was not missed, and he had to wonder why anyone who couldn’t hide his contempt any better than that was put in a position to greet anyone. Whether his lands and titles were under attainder or not, he was still a citizen of the realm, and had as much right to see the Regent as anyone else, whether Salter wanted to admit it or not. My business with the regent is not your concern sir. I would appreciate if you would tell her of my presence. I am sure she has a good idea as to my presence at this hour.
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Salter wrote:The Secretary grumbled, looking to the gaurds around .."You got me up for this ?! .... biting his Lip he paced .. .. i must let you know , that your waking of me displeases me much ! .. but i also see you like you've worked my Wheat crop for a day .. so pity does arise .. .. to an extent .. Hand over your Sword and you shall follow me to the Sitting room .. Salter looks at Arthur , awaiting his answer
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Post  arthur_loxley Sat Jan 02, 2010 1:09 pm

Gabrielle_ wrote:Gabby had been laying in her bed, alone. Her attempt to get rest from the physical and emotional strain of the HoP incident and other things. Already a message had been brought to her about the takeover of Chester and she laid awake thinking of that, fighting off tears, not for that, but just due to stress and pain.

Her door cracked open and it was Deliah,
Dearie, you awake? Aye, you are. Lassie ya' need ya' rest. Come, my bairn... have ya' tonic and let me sing ya' to rest as I did.
Nodding, Gabby took her tonic and let herself be enveloped in the soft embrace of the older heavyset Scotswoman who had been with her since birth. Listening to the sweet song sang in Gaelic to her, Gabby felt relaxed and and her pain ebbed away.
A page appeared at the door and announced,
The Count of Stafford is here for an audience, Your Highness.
Deliah spoke up,
Go away wit ya'.. me bairn, ... Her Highness.. is restin'
Nay.. Deliah.. prithee, my sweet. Boy... tell the Lord Secretary I will meet with him. Deliah, my heavy brocaded dark blue dressing gown.
Lassie, you need...
A glance from Gabby quieted her... Aye ma'am..
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Arthur_loxley wrote:The rage that burned from false accusations flashed in Arthur’s eyes as Salter spoke. He couldn’t believe the man’s audacity, to stand there and insult him was beyond measure. What he had or had not done on with the man’s wheat had no bearing on this visit, and the insults he continued to hurl were ones he would make sure to bring up to the regent once he was finally granted audience with her. I do not want nor need your pity. And no, I will not relinquish my sword. Are you so blind to your regent’s decrees that you would ask me to do so? Whether the attainder stays or not is not your concern, but my baronetcy is one that even the regent has no power over. You are welcome to lead me to the sitting room if that is your desire, or perhaps one of the Royal guard, one who is not so presumptuous to insult a guest can do so in your steed.
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Emmy01 wrote:Emmy states as she walks in,"According to Regent`s decrees Lord Saltar, All baronet`s and higher can maintain thier weapons. Being as Arthur is a noble, He can maintain his weapon. Look at her decree again." Emmy stands watching the two nobles.

Gabrielle_ wrote:[rp]Let it be known and hereby decreed upon the order of the Regent of England, Gabrielle, that,

The order on the ban of weapons in the Regency is lifted for members of the peerage and those holding knighthood or a baronetcy. Commoners may be requested to relinquish their arms at the request of the Royal Guard.

Let it also be known that,

Anyone who would draw a weapon with intent to do harm within the Regency, WILL be charged with charged with treason and WILL be attaindered. Prosecution also shall be sought in their home county.
The Royal Guard is exempt from the above within the confines of their duties.

So is the Order of the Regent, So shall it be.
Gabrielle
Regent of England
[RP] Demanding an Answer Regentgreen[/rp]
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Gabrielle_ wrote:Appropriately gowned in her dressing gown, she chose to wear her hair down and had Deliah pin in place the white lace she almost always wore. Grabbing her cane, Gabby took a deep breath and walked to the room she had designated as the meeting place.
Arriving there, seeing it was empty, though the fire had been started in the grate and a tray with a carafe of wine and two goblets in place. The chairs set in front of the hearth, facing each other over the small low table. While the man may be under attainder, he was still a sitting Count. Respect was due for the position, if not for anything else.

Taking a seat she waited.... normally it would be he awaiting on her, but to Gabby it really didn't matter. She offered a small prayer and sniffled away her emotional reaction of wanting to cry again. She nodded to the guard that she was ready.
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Emmy01 wrote:Emmy leaves the scene where the Secratary and Lord Arthur are at once avis gaurds arrive. Once tonight yeoman emmy is free to her duties to Capt. Caitilin. Emmy smiles knowing she is not going to be around for the fireworks in regent`s office.
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Gabrielle_ wrote:After sometime had passed, Gabby grew hungry and requested some bread and cheese. She had gotten some letter writing done, attended to some other mundane matters of state like signing off on the pay for the staff. Having minimized it, she smiled as the end totals showed a savings for the King's purse. Even the simplicity of the Moonlit Ball was of much less cost than others, not too mention the actual swearing in ceremony. To call it a coronation sounded so ostentatious.

Her snack arriving, she poured some wine and spread some of the soft cheese across the thinly sliced bread that she requested be spitted and lightly browned over hot coals. The cooks finally got used to it and her toast came nearly perfect everytime. She sighed a soft sigh as the piquancy of the cheese flooded her mouth. She had picked it up in Cornwall, called Yarg, a soft creamy cheese aged by wrapping in nettle leaves.
Life's little joys.. she looked up at the door, wondering...
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Salter wrote:Salter growled ...Guard .. take him to the Sitting room .. i have not the care or energy to see that this man gets their Safely ..
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Gabrielle_ wrote:Instead of Loxley, Gabby sees a page. He bows and delivers to her a document. Gabby smiles at the boy and nods a thanks as he backs away and leaves. Unfurling it, Gabby reads it, her eyebrow arching slightly. Impassively she sets it down on the table.

The Document
[rp]Stafford Neutrality Proclamation

Stafford takes an official stance of neutrality in regards to the conflict between the legally elected Council of Chester and their allies, and the army of Corsairs, Wolves, et al and their allies.

- In recognition that Stafford does not wish to interfere militarily with the internal political disputes of its neighbors;
- In emphatic rejection of the hostile acts and attitudes the combatants have directed at Stafford;
- With concern over the ethical conduct of the hostilities and the disregard for the lives of citizens of England;
- In recognition that non combatants in Chester have the need to avail themselves of the serenity and safety of neutral territory;

The legal corpus of Stafford: Book 2 - County Council -
Article 1. Make-up of Council
[1.1] The Duke *
- The Duke of Stafford is the highest authority of the county of Stafford. He may issue ducal decrees.
- The Duke appoints and removes councillors from specific council duties. He controls the maintenance of laws and is the only one with the authority to approve the Death Sentence.
- The Duke is charged with maintaining order in council chambers; opens all polls and declares when they are completed.

[4.2] Ducal Decrees
The Duke may issue temporary decrees or laws. These decrees or laws must be announced to the people and have a time limit specified. After a period of seven (7) days, the council must review to allow or revoke these decrees or laws. A resident of Stafford may request additional reviews of the decrees or laws at any time.

Stafford hereby declares and enacts the following laws by Ducal decree:
  • Combatants, from either side of the conflict, are forbidden to move troops, or convoys of supplies across the territory of Stafford.
  • Combatants, from either side of the conflict, are likewise forbidden to use the facilities of the county or towns of Stafford in the conduct of their hostilities.
  • Groups cannot be formed nor recruiting agencies opened within Stafford to assist the combatants from either side of the conflict.
  • Violations of Stafford's neutrality by combatants are acts of treason and may be punishable by a fine up to 500 pounds plus damages, up to 10 days in prison, writ of outlawry, and banishment.
  • The fact of Stafford resisting, even by force, attempts to violate its neutrality cannot be regarded as a hostile act.
  • Stafford reserves the right to send humanitarian missions into the area of hostilities in order to ensure that basic supplies of food stuffs are available, and to assist in and ensure the safe passage of non combatants through the area of hostilities.
This decree is in effect until the hostilities in Chester subside and the legally elected Council is returned to power.

In the best interests of Stafford,

[RP] Demanding an Answer Staffordgreen

Arthur Loxley Tudor
Duke of Stafford[/rp]

Her mind mulled it over and she picked it up and read parts of it again. It was obvious there was not a care for England, but for self and Stafford alone. She decided she would wait a bit more for him... but beyond that, who knew how available she may be.
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Post  arthur_loxley Sat Jan 02, 2010 1:10 pm

Caitilin wrote:Cait made her way through the hall to where Lord Salter and Lord Loxley were. She bowed respectfully.

M'Lords may I be of assistance? Lord Loxley I believe the Regent is preparing for your visit. If your will come with me , sir I will take you to her.

As they walked she spoke softly. My Lord may I ask your indulgence as to the behavior of any guard that my not have shown you the respect that you are currently due. You must understand there is a great deal of tension and tempers may flare from time to time. I know that you understand, you own feelings may be running high at this moment also.

Reaching the meeting room, the captain tapped lightly on the door and waited for permission to enter.
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Gabrielle_ wrote:Enter.
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Caitilin wrote:Entering Capt Caitilin bows expecting his Lordship to follow on her heels, his temper calmed hopefully. Your Highness, Lord Loxley to see you.

Cait steps further into the room and stations herself, standing very close to the Regent's person.
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Post  arthur_loxley Sat Jan 02, 2010 1:13 pm

Trike wrote:Trike walked down the Elegant hallway, doing his daily rounds, with his sword strapped tight to his waste, and his shield held close to his side.

As he turns the corner, he notices Captain Caitilin delivering Arthur Loxly to the regent, after a quick thought he strolls over to them both, and nods to Caitilin:

I shall stand guard, Captain, in case of any...trouble.

Trike stood outside the door as Arthur was shown to the regent, and Trike nodded to Lady Gabby as well:

Your highness, I shall be right outside the door. Just call if you need me.

Trike stood firm by the door, analyzing the surrounding area.
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Caitilin wrote:Thank you, Yeoman de Stryke, Cait nodded back through the door.
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Chinahero wrote:Chinahero sneaks around hoping to watch some of the fireworks....he spots Trike on his rounds....

Trike wrote:Trike walked down the Elegant hallway, doing his daily rounds, with his sword strapped tight to his waste, and his shield held close to his side.

....Chinahero tries not to gag on the stench as he sees Trike and "his sword strapped tight to his waste..."...

"....Phew!!....if this is the Regents Castle Im off and away...how unhealthy!..."

China covers his nose and sneaks back out....
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Chrisiusmaximus wrote:Gabby you might want to get the castle pest control team out you seem yo have an infestation of wiltshire rat
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Trike wrote:Trike watches as Chinahero walks past, and chuckles to himself with his obvious displeasure.
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Gabrielle_ wrote:After obviously been willing to sit down with Arthur to discuss, Gabby gets weary of waiting. She dimisses the guards and returns to her rooms to get ready for the coming day.

She sits at a desk and writes a missive to be delivered to the County offices in Stafford.

[rp]Your Grace, Count of Stafford,
Arthur... you had demanded an audience and then when duly granted decided not to avail yourself of it. Truly disappointing and rather confirms, as do the further actions done, that my decision was correct.
I find it rather disturbing that as Count you exercise the right to make a decree to forbid organized aid to come from the southern counties to assist Chester. It is quite perplexing, while touted as a stance of neutrality it in actuality is verily supportive of the insurrection in Chester.
There is nothing more powerful than the smell of mendacity. I know that it is the beginnings of winter, but to snow all of England with various lamina of prevarication? It is all too obvious now.
May Jah show mercy this second time neutrality has been taken, we know how well it worked the first time in Birmingham. Your protestations of innoncence in that fiasco pale greatly in the light of the same stance yet being taken again in a similiar situation.
I so do hope your council sees the error of your emergency decree before it is too late for all of England.

Gabrielle
Regent of England[/rp]
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Arthur_loxley wrote:OOC: I think it is rather poor form to rush a RP when I am not online after 6pm EST. RP's should accommodate for RL. I have one you know. Let me know how to proceed or I will ignore the last RP letter you have sent since I am obviously in the castle and have not left.
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Gabrielle_ wrote:Having signed the letter and dusted it with sand, she was about to seal it and send it off. A small knock at her office door held her hand stilled from pouring the molten wax, Enter, she said.
A page came in and bowed and informed the Regent, His Grace the Count of Stafford appears to be ready now.
Very well, thank you... I shall attend shortly.

Setting down the small ewer, she looked at the letter and put it in her drawer, locking it and sticking the key in the usual place upon her person. Exiting her office she made her way to the appointed room and entered.
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Post  arthur_loxley Sat Jan 02, 2010 1:14 pm

Arthur_loxley wrote:
Salter wrote:Salter growled ...Guard .. take him to the Sitting room .. i have not the care or energy to see that this man gets their Safely ..

Arthur ignored the growling by the man. He looked to the Guard who would be escorting him around the castle, his arms still at his side. As he walked with the Guard, he looked back to the little man with no authority. A grin crept across his face as he walked forward to the sitting room. One small battle had been successful; the next battle would be to engage the Regent and that would definitely be a more difficult battle.

Caitilin wrote:Cait made her way through the hall to where Lord Salter and Lord Loxley were. She bowed respectfully.

M'Lords may I be of assistance? Lord Loxley I believe the Regent is preparing for your visit. If your will come with me , sir I will take you to her.

As they walked she spoke softly. My Lord may I ask your indulgence as to the behavior of any guard that my not have shown you the respect that you are currently due. You must understand there is a great deal of tension and tempers may flare from time to time. I know that you understand, you own feelings may be running high at this moment also.

Reaching the meeting room, the captain tapped lightly on the door and waited for permission to enter.

He had been in the castle before, several times, but never at this time of the night. The hallways were lighted with candles. He followed closely to the Guard. As she spoke, he lowered his head to concentrate on her words. No Guard has shown lack of respect. But the secretary needs to learn how to speak to a noble. He would find himself in a worst situation if we were not in the castle. If you could relay that to the appropriate person in charge of staff, I would be most appreciative. They continued walking in silence until reaching the door. A guard stood outside as if expecting a problem. Arthur had more sense than to raise arms against the Regent. Despite everything he had been through, he would never harm the Regent. Arthur was ushered into the sitting room, the Captain remaining with them in the room. He paced back and forth in the room while he waited for the Regent to enter. Minutes later, he saw her enter and nodded stiffly, not in the mood to show any other signs of respect after being treated so shabbily. He kept his voice low, his temper held firmly in check. HH Regent, word reached me of your proclamation, and I have to say I am shocked and appalled at how quickly you turn your back on a loyal family to the crown, and friend to the Hamiltons.
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Post  arthur_loxley Sat Jan 02, 2010 1:14 pm

Gabrielle_ wrote:Gabby raised a brow and said, impassively, I did not turn my back upon all Tudors, I attaindered you. And for what I believe is good reason.
Honestly, Arthur... do you think I would have otherwise? You know me well enough to know that... but yet I am willing to hear your side.

Her voice chokes up a bit, wetness at her eyes though her expression soon steels itself and she gestures for him to sit as she does.
Some wine, Your Grace? she asks as she pours the two goblets. As she pushes the one across the table and picks up her own, she continues...
Evidence was given to me along with the explanation that you shared the War Council conversation with the Corsairs and WoS in Chester. It was also given to me some other insights from conversations had about partitioning Chester, including a treaty drawn up.... though I doubt the full veracity of that document.
You know me to be a person of action, to make quick, yet informed decisions... I did things that way as Countess of Stafford and do so as Regent.
Are you going to tell me you have been played and duped... as I know you will say that I have been? If so... please... I am listening, Your Grace.

She settled back in the chair, taking a sip of her wine... relaxed and looking at Arthur with a inviting expression of kindness, though her eyes watched carefully his expression and movements.
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next