Alternative RK
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[RP] Announcing Stafford Wargames

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

[RP] Announcing Stafford Wargames - Page 3 Empty Re: [RP] Announcing Stafford Wargames

Post  arthur_loxley Fri Feb 12, 2010 2:41 pm

Lorddragon wrote:*Dragon sighed*

Alright everyone... What Stafford does in their own back yard is there business. They are kind enough to invite some other people over for the cook out. If you are truly concerned then do what you feel you must to protect your side of the fence.

However unless the party gets rowdy and spill over the fence, just have the minstrels play louder and you will go on with your lives like everyone else. I am kind of partial to the idea. They have figured out a way to get people active and that should be applauded and by the looks of things they have their bases covered.

On a side note, Yes an army is not something to toy with, since it gives the people in it the ability to kill. The only way to sure fire kill someone other then starving to death. I think they have the right idea and until something happens, i'll be sitting near by with some sandwiches and ales that some fine residents of Chester were kind enough to gather and enjoy the show.

I would suggest everyone else does the same. If Stafford would be willing to open a closed RP session for everyone to read about it, that would be nice.
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

[RP] Announcing Stafford Wargames - Page 3 Empty Re: [RP] Announcing Stafford Wargames

Arthur_loxley wrote:
Lorddragon wrote:*Dragon sighed*

Alright everyone... What Stafford does in their own back yard is there business. They are kind enough to invite some other people over for the cook out. If you are truly concerned then do what you feel you must to protect your side of the fence.

However unless the party gets rowdy and spill over the fence, just have the minstrels play louder and you will go on with your lives like everyone else. I am kind of partial to the idea. They have figured out a way to get people active and that should be applauded and by the looks of things they have their bases covered.

On a side note, Yes an army is not something to toy with, since it gives the people in it the ability to kill. The only way to sure fire kill someone other then starving to death. I think they have the right idea and until something happens, i'll be sitting near by with some sandwiches and ales that some fine residents of Chester were kind enough to gather and enjoy the show.

I would suggest everyone else does the same. If Stafford would be willing to open a closed RP session for everyone to read about it, that would be nice.

The RP will be located in Stafford Inn. Please come on down and watch or join in the games! Wink
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Lorddragon wrote:As being on Council, Count Loxley, i feel that would not be an option. Thank you kindly for the offer.
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Teh_uberness wrote:If anyone'd be interested in reading it, we could do a play-by-play out here in the commons.
(It's be sort of like reading news of a war through letters or a newspaper. Less accurate reports, but more accurate for roleplay?)

Just a thought.
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Alamothih wrote:I like the idea Thane, perhaps in the format of dispatches of events, "messengers from the front line giving reports of outcomes" and such. Thus not leaking anything any team is not privvy to, but perhaps with some embellished RP included.
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Arthur_loxley wrote:
Alamothih wrote:I like the idea Thane, perhaps in the format of dispatches of events, "messengers from the front line giving reports of outcomes" and such. Thus not leaking anything any team is not privvy to, but perhaps with some embellished RP included.

That's what the AAP is for!
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Post  arthur_loxley Fri Feb 12, 2010 2:42 pm

Lizabet wrote:I shudder to think we need to rely on the AAP for accurate, reliable updates on something that may be of interest to the rest of the country.

If someone from Stafford would be kind enough to post regular updates on these wargames here for those of us who, because of other obligations, will not be able to travel to Stafford, I'm sure we would all appreciate it greatly. Smile
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Lady_bunny wrote:I am sure someone can do updates and run messages from the front lines..

and maybe even people from the outside can send love letters via those same messengers! *giggles* Anyways.. it is supposed to be fun so breath relax drink an ale..and let the games begin! w000t
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Chrisiusmaximus wrote:
TheRedChef wrote:
Chrisiusmaximus wrote:Thats right all you of peasant education send over all your vital statistics to one of Englands most notorious crooks, surely this information would never cause you any grief if it fell into the wrong hands ?

Laughing

ok, we can just put your strength at 0. Or you could just decide to be rational...

By the way, it's most notorious councilor, mayor, and until recently Public Prosector.

Laughing spot on you can record my strength as 0 ! in fact please do.

In your assesment of yourself you forgot mention of your disagracelful looting of Gloucester, good job my memory served to remind you and all who would be duped by you of your true nature eh.

How much strength does one need to cut out a forked tongue ?
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Post  arthur_loxley Fri Feb 12, 2010 2:43 pm

Lady_bunny wrote:
Chrisiusmaximus wrote:
TheRedChef wrote:
Chrisiusmaximus wrote:Thats right all you of peasant education send over all your vital statistics to one of Englands most notorious crooks, surely this information would never cause you any grief if it fell into the wrong hands ?

Laughing

ok, we can just put your strength at 0. Or you could just decide to be rational...

By the way, it's most notorious councilor, mayor, and until recently Public Prosector.

Laughing spot on you can record my strength as 0 ! in fact please do.

In your assesment of yourself you forgot mention of your disagracelful looting of Gloucester, good job my memory served to remind you and all who would be duped by you of your true nature eh.

How much strength does one need to cut out a forked tongue ?

Would you feel more comfortable if someone else ran the Game?
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Post  arthur_loxley Fri Feb 12, 2010 2:43 pm

TheRedChef wrote:Who's duping? My man, I brag about Gloucester. It was the best thing to happen in England in a long time.

I think I"m going to make it a default that FC will be based on level, unless strength is given. 1 FC per level.

This mean you're playing?

Have your BoB squad stick around Shrewsbury and sign up. I'll even try and keep you guys on the same team.
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Post  arthur_loxley Fri Feb 12, 2010 2:44 pm

Myxti wrote:So we have the normal events (RP) in the Stafford Inn and we should have someone, a messenger, run to the Commons with the latest news. People can hear the words and react to what is going on from afar (more RP).

I think it's a great idea and promotes two different places to interact differently. (Hearing a message & viewing/participating in a fight.)

I'm sure we could get some volunteers to have messengers frequently sent to London to share the news.

BUT....I think the true action stuff should be in the Stafford Inn. The other would be like listening to the town crier.
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Lizabet wrote:Exactly! Town criers would be great. Smile We can all hear the news and gossip, wondering how much is true and how much exaggerated, debate both sides, place wages perhaps? Lol this might be almost as much fun as actually participating... and much safer for a lady. Wink
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Salter wrote:Like an orwellion motion Lizabet ?
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

TheRedChef wrote:Rule Updates!

Rule on Rouge Players wrote:If anyone breaks the hitlists/IG attack rule, the council will issue a letter of marque against the people, group, or army, as per Stafford Army Law. These people, group, or army will be a rogue faction and not endorsed or sponsored by the county. Upon the issuance of the letter of marque, all teams may use lethal force to stop the rogue faction. The team to stop the rogue faction will be awarded additional victory points.

Rule on Strength wrote: If you don't or choose not to disclose your strength to the arbiter (or are just plain weak), your FC for the wargame will be set according to your level.

Lev 0-1: 1 FC
Lev 2: 2 FC
Lev 3: 3 FC
Lev 4: 4 FC

I'm going to start assigning teams in a few days so they can select their captains and begin pre-planning. Join early if you want in on the ground floor!

Special event cards will be added soon in order to reflect the unpredictable nature of war.
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

TheRedChef wrote:Ok, I set up an outside forum so the teams can plan secretly

http://staffordwargames.forumotion.com

You'll need to IG mail me your wargames forum account in order for me to let you in your private team forum. Spying is all well and good, but you'll have to do it without my help.
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Chrisiusmaximus wrote:
TheRedChef wrote:Who's duping? My man, I brag about Gloucester. It was the best thing to happen in England in a long time.

I think I"m going to make it a default that FC will be based on level, unless strength is given. 1 FC per level.

Have your BoB squad stick around Shrewsbury and sign up. I'll even try and keep you guys on the same team.

No thanks ill pass, id rather not associate myself to anything that has your name attached to it. If for no other reason than my compassion for the people of Gloucester. We will continue to play by the rules of the world we signed up for originally.
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Arthur_loxley wrote:
Chrisiusmaximus wrote:

No thanks ill pass, id rather not associate myself to anything that has your name attached to it. If for no other reason than my compassion for the people of Gloucester. We will continue to play by the rules of the world we signed up for originally.

Sir Chris,

Your words sadden me. Stafford is promoting a community activity, not TheRedChef. BoB and Stafford have always had a good relationship, and I hope this continues. If your tour at the northern border is complete and you can come to Stafford by the 14th, let me know so that I can buy you an ale!
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Post  arthur_loxley Fri Feb 12, 2010 2:45 pm

TheRedChef wrote:The first round of team PM's went out.

If you've signed up and didn't hear from me, let me know.
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Lorddragon wrote:So are the armies in play Stafford's responsibility since they are hosting it?
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Steei wrote:that is good information to know
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

TheRedChef wrote:Nope. Our only responsibility is to enforce our laws and rules, which we do ruthlessly. The armies in play are private armies, which must follow Stafford law as a condition of their formation.
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Post  arthur_loxley Fri Feb 12, 2010 2:46 pm

Llewylyn wrote:Unless they enter another county, with or without permission. Then they must abide by that counties Laws I would assume.

I wish you luck in your War Games, and truly hope that the players respect your wishes and dont use this as a platform to start problems with Staff's and her close county friends.
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

TheRedChef wrote:It's heating up in the wargames, and it's still 3 days before starting!

The Red and Blue teams are putting the final touches on their battle plans, and are on their way to amassing some truly fearsome forces. They've even started an RP in the Stafford Inn. Here's a teaser:

Roidan wrote:Roidan stood, back against the wall. He watched the castle with a frown through squinted eyes. Pipe-smoke made a cloud above his head.
"Their defenses are good..but not good enough," he said to no one in particular. The sound of his voice made an old woman jump and walk a little faster down the lane, away from Roidan. His frown deepened. He held no love for those who went about their day as if nothing had ever happened. This was a time for action, not for bringing your corn to market.

We've extended invitations to a couple of county militias to enter prestige units into the game. Don't want to be left out of the glory? Sign up, the more the merrier.

We've also introduced a few new rules. Here's one involving the new Lev 4 rules:

Luxury Goods Rule wrote:Towns that can produce luxury items (have the new fields, workshops, or regional items) are worth an addition 10 victory points for capture. They also produce 5 gold per day for the owning team.

Salt mines are worth an additional 5 victory points for capture, and produce an extra 5 gold per turn

Want to know more? Check it out here http://staffordwargames.forumotion.com

Can't make it to Stafford by Sep 14th and still can't play? Not a problem. All teams will need reinforcements and you can start later. Games end by time on Nov 14th.

The Stafford Wargames....twice the fun of a landlocked REN and better prizes then Regent's Joust!
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Treena wrote:As a soon-to-be visitor to your lovely county, what should I, and others, know about traveling with armies marching about? I just don't want to get caught in the crossfire, though I'm looking forward to a front row view of the action.
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next