Alternative RK
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[RP] Announcing Stafford Wargames

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

[RP] Announcing Stafford Wargames Empty [RP] Announcing Stafford Wargames

Post  arthur_loxley Fri Feb 12, 2010 2:10 pm

TheRedChef wrote:Stafford County is pleased to present....

[RP] Announcing Stafford Wargames Wargamesposter

It's a dark time for Stafford County. The county government collapsed after most of the council was killed in a rebel ambush. Stafford has fallen into unrest and disorder. The rebels, enthused after their victory over the council, work to solidify their hold and claim the county as theirs. Meanwhile, a group of soldiers loyal to the old Duke seek to reestablish his rule in Stafford and have managed to secure the county castle from the chaos.

Sign up, fight, crush your enemies, and revel in the wealth and glory of victory.

All you need to do to play is sign up here or by pm, pm me your strength, and be able to travel to Stafford. The games start 14 September.

The rules will be posted soon.
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

[RP] Announcing Stafford Wargames Empty Re: [RP] Announcing Stafford Wargames

Post  arthur_loxley Fri Feb 12, 2010 2:21 pm

Chrisiusmaximus wrote:Thats right all you of peasant education send over all your vital statistics to one of Englands most notorious crooks, surely this information would never cause you any grief if it fell into the wrong hands ?

Laughing
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Post  arthur_loxley Fri Feb 12, 2010 2:22 pm

TheRedChef wrote:
Chrisiusmaximus wrote:Thats right all you of peasant education send over all your vital statistics to one of Englands most notorious crooks, surely this information would never cause you any grief if it fell into the wrong hands ?

Laughing

ok, we can just put your strength at 0. Or you could just decide to be rational...

By the way, it's most notorious councilor, mayor, and until recently Public Prosector.
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Amathystzoe wrote:A game of risk with serious consequences, it seems...I would like to hear the Stafford Councils view, or even the Duke, just to clarify legitimacy, please Smile
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

TheRedChef wrote:No consequences at all. We want to preserve fighting strength in case someone somehow master marine navigation. I'm on Stafford Council, and this is the council's view. It's been in the works for a while now.

Stafford is hosting this game to celebrate our new army laws, to get some much needed training done, and most importantly, have a lot of fun.

The Rules v1.0 wrote:Wargame Rules
The rules aim to simulate IG warfare without causing IG disruption. The mechanics and rules will be the same as they are in the guides published by Levan, unless otherwise noted.

The Arbiter:
The arbiter will roll the dice and follow those guides to determine the outcome for attacks and other events that would disrupt uninvolved people's play. As well as posting updates, ruling on disputes, and generally overseeing the game.

Signing up:
Players must include their strength when they sign up for the game. In some scenarios, part or all of the roster of one or more sides isn't disclosed at the start of the game. For that reason, players can choose to sign up via pm to the arbiter.

Teams:
Players will be assigned to teams randomly. Each team votes on their own leader, if any, and will have 1 week before the begining of the game to get to their start location. If they can't get there in time, they must 'tag' it before entering play.

IG Actions:
Armies must set their rules of engagement to "Friend then Enemy" and must not use a hit list. Do NOT revolt, rob, invade a town, etc for real. You'll be prosecuted if you do. Your location for the wargame is the same as your IG location, so make sure to keep Lavabo updated and the arbiter informed if you are on a road or mine node if you want your actions counted. You're free to take a job during the games if you can (ie you're not in an army or 'on the road').

Simulated Actions:

Town and Castle Revolts- Each person participating in the revolt must pm the arbiter the day before the revolt (instead of pushing the revolt button. e.g. "I'm revolting against [town] on [date]."

Defend the Power- Each person defending the power must pm the arbiter.

Robbery- Each person robbing must pm the arbiter that they are robbing. Victims of robbery lose their equipment to the attackers and are incapacitated for 1 day. Robbers may rob in groups larger then 5.

Armies- The army roster is the same as the IG roster, incapacitated players must drop out of the army. To invade a town, the general must PM the arbiter. The general must PM his rules of engagement (the settings you'd use if this were a real war. Keep your IG setting to 'friend then enemy' with no kill list!) to the arbiter so he may manage conflicts Incapacity for the different army injuries is changed to 0/0/2/5/10 days.

Capturing Territory:
To capture a town, capital, or castle node, first you must invade it with an army or revolt against it and defeat the defenders. To capture a mine or road node, you must simply move onto it and clear it of opposing teams. It takes one day of occupation to change the control of a node from an enemy team to neutral, and one day to change a node from neutral to your team.

Materiel:
Each team starts with a certain amount of gold, shafts, axes, swords, and shields, which the team leader may distribute. (These are only pretend equipment and entirely separate from your inventory, which doesn't count). The team leader may use gold to buy more weapons during the course of the game and he might find supply caches when his forces capture territory. Equipment breaks as normal. Food doesn't matter.

Mines:
Each mine produces 5 gold for the team controls it.

Gold and purchases:
The team leader may use gold to purchase the following
Shaft 1 gold
Axe 2 gold
Sword 3 gold
Shield 1 gold
Healer 1 gold per day of incapacity removed

Incapacity: If you are incapacitated, you can't move, or make any offensive or defensive actions.

Playing field: All of Stafford County, unless otherwise noted. Leaving the playing field means the player is forfeited. When moving IG armies around, be mindful to not cause a panic or incident.

Forfeited Players: Forfeited players are removed from the game. You get forfeited when you leave the playing field, make a move while incapacitated, cheat, or otherwise break the rules.

Army Points:
You may hire anybody, even if they aren't part of the game, as military advisers to provide state points for your army. Please give preference to Army Way players.

Castles and Capitals:
The Castle must be defended and attacked separately from the Capital.

Victory:
The first team to achieve it's victory conditions wins. If no one does, then the team with the most points at the end of the game wins.

Capturing a capital 15 points
Capturing a town 10 points
Capturing a mine 5 points
Holding a node 5 points per day per node
Enemy defeated 1 point per FC (Including all bonuses)
Materiel captured 1 point per gold value

Scenario wrote:
Stafford Civil War Scenario

Stafford County has fallen into unrest and disorder after the current council collapses. A group of soldiers loyal to the old Duke seek to reestablish his rule in Stafford and have managed to secure the county castle from the chaos. Meanwhile, the rebels, enthused after bringing down the current council, work to solidify their hold and claim the county as theirs.

Red Team- The County Loyalists
Blue Team- The Rebels

Personnel:
Equal # of players.

Materiel:
Red Team: 20 gold, 5 swords, 5 shields, 200 loaves bread (real bread to offset cost of being in an army)
Blue Team: 20 gold, 50 shafts, 5 shields, 200 loaves bread (real bread to offset cost of being in an army)

Objective/Victory Conditions:
Red Team- Incapacitate all the rebels.
Blue Team- Maintain control over 5 towns for two days OR Capture the County Castle

Starting Placement:
Red Team- All players start in the capital, except for 5 which may be placed anywhere in Stafford.
Blue Team- Players may start anywhere in Stafford

Starting Territory:
The Blue Team starts with control of the Castle. All the towns, including the capital, roads, and mines are independent.

Duration: 1 month

Special Rules:
The Red Team roster will be posted in the Stafford Inn.
The Blue Team roster will be kept anonymous. Blue Team players are only exposed if caught or they reveal themselves.
The Red Team can start with a fully formed army.
The Blue Team may enter Chester and Worcester in order to travel between Shrewsbury/Stafford and Ludlow/Birmingham/Coventry. They may not spend more then 3 days outside the Stafford County, and may only take an IG army outside of Stafford County if they get the neighboring county's permission.
[/quote]
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Amathystzoe wrote:Thank you Red, it does indeed sound like a good training tool! Smile I hope it goes well for all...will it be posted in county inn, or somewhere public? I'd love to follow it, though I can't say I'd be present in the county at the time...

Ama
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Teh_uberness wrote:I know I'm greatly looking forward to this event! Come on, England; the more the merrier!
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

TheRedChef wrote:
Amathystzoe wrote:Thank you Red, it does indeed sound like a good training tool! Smile I hope it goes well for all...will it be posted in county inn, or somewhere public? I'd love to follow it, though I can't say I'd be present in the county at the time...

Ama

It's also in the county inn which is public. :?

You can enter play after the 14th if you can't make it in time. The game ends by time out on Nov 14th.

Thanks Uber!
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Post  arthur_loxley Fri Feb 12, 2010 2:23 pm

Arthur_loxley wrote:
Teh_uberness wrote:I know I'm greatly looking forward to this event! Come on, England; the more the merrier!

Me too. Very Happy I'm participating.
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Salter wrote:Will the Counties of the Surrounding Area be informed of Each IG armies Movements, Information, Numbers etc ?
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Slon wrote:I can't think of any reason that other counties would need to know where Stafford's armies are moving, they're not supposed to cross the border.
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Esher wrote:
The Blue Team may enter Chester and Worcester in order to travel between Shrewsbury/Stafford and Ludlow/Birmingham/Coventry. They may not spend more then 3 days outside the Stafford County, and may only take an IG army outside of Stafford County if they get the neighboring county's permission.

Neighboring counties shall. Needless to say I wouldn't mind observing these war games.
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Slon wrote:My interpretation of that is that the team can only enter Chester and Worcester if they get permission from that county.
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Salter wrote:Out of Courtesy to their Sovereign Neighbors, i shall hope that the Information necessary by Stafford law to create an IG army , shall be passed onto the Two Counties , Chester and Worcester.
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Post  arthur_loxley Fri Feb 12, 2010 2:24 pm

Slon wrote:Stafford does not demand oversight of everything that Worcester and Chester do. We recognize the right of those counties to run themselves as they see fit, and Stafford has the same right.
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Post  arthur_loxley Fri Feb 12, 2010 2:25 pm

Salter wrote:Lord Slon,

It was a simple expression of my advice and hope, as to suggest what Stafford has always done , and that was inform its neighbors, out of Courtesy of the raising of armies , as to not suggest anything other than peaceful use.

I can not find a fault , in the communication with Staffords neighbors and Stafford itself. The information used , and required by law in Stafford , could , in my view be supplied to both counties bordering Stafford Territory as a show of security to both counties . Armies are dangerous things, and Mistake have and can happen .

In the case of Chester , if an Army accidently fell onto a Chester node and slaughtered its travelers , Chester would have no basis for Prosecution , due to the Judicial treaty being canceled.

As i repeat , it was just a simple suggestion , as to keep the Stafford war games , free of accidents or troubles .

Thank you .
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Arthur_loxley wrote:
Salter wrote:Lord Slon,

It was a simple expression of my advice and hope, as to suggest what Stafford has always done , and that was inform its neighbors, out of Courtesy of the raising of armies , as to not suggest anything other than peaceful use.

I can not find a fault , in the communication with Staffords neighbors and Stafford itself. The information used , and required by law in Stafford , could , in my view be supplied to both counties bordering Stafford Territory as a show of security to both counties . Armies are dangerous things, and Mistake have and can happen .

In the case of Chester , if an Army accidently fell onto a Chester node and slaughtered its travelers , Chester would have no basis for Prosecution , due to the Judicial treaty being canceled.

As i repeat , it was just a simple suggestion , as to keep the Stafford war games , free of accidents or troubles .

Thank you .

Lord Salter,

Please read the first statement in this thread as well as the accompanying rules. Stafford invites anyone and everyone to join in our war games. If you would like to promote Stafford's war-games in Chester, we'd appreciate the publicity. I believe that Stafford has had enough of your 'advice and hope' both publicly and privately. Thank you for your concern though.

All counties are now duly informed about this special event in Stafford that could potentially have some armies springing up in our territory.

Stafford county citizens are well informed regarding all army operations. If an accident were to occur within Stafford, the Council would make sure to make reparations to the afflicted parties based on Stafford Army law:

Book 8 - Army Law
Article 1. General
- All armies in the County’s territory are governed by this act.
- All violations or crimes are to be filed under Traitorousnous.
- All decisions regarding formation made by the Captain or Duke may be appealed before the entire Council. The decision made by the entire Council will override the previous decision by the Captain or Duke.

Article 2. Rights of Formation
- The Captain has an absolute right to form an army.
- The town mayor (or agent) has an absolute right to form an army on their own town node.
- The County may issue letters of marque and reprisal against nations, counties, and towns.
- Any individual or group has the privilege for the formation of an army provided that permission is sought and granted by the County Captain or Duke to allow the formation of an army. The County Captain or Duke must address and reply to all requests for an army formation within three days. In absence of either the Captain or Duke, a majority of councilors vote to allow the formation within three days of the request. Formation of the army will be allowed if the council fails to properly hold the vote and reply to the request.

Article 3. Movement and Letters of Passage
- All armies formed under [Article 2: Rights of Formation] must remain stationary unless given permission from the Captain or Duke to travel within the County of Stafford.
- All other armies must apply for letters of passage from the Captain or Duke prior to entrance and travel within Stafford County.

Article 4. War Crimes
- It is unlawful to raise an army in the county of Stafford in violation of [Article 2: Rights of Formation]. Upon dissolution of that army, all recognized soldiers of said army will be brought to trial for treason after such army is destroyed or disbanded. Exception - Recognized soldiers restricted within the confines of a town (OOC: killed) for 45 days shall not be prosecuted. General of the army, regardless of restriction within the confines of a town, will be brought to trial for treason.
- It is unlawful for an army to enter the borders of Stafford without written permission from the elected Duke or his Captain. Any army entering Stafford without permission will be considered a hostile army and an act of war by the county or country the army is from.
- It is unlawful for a General of an army to withhold rules of engagement, stop orders, friendly/enemy designations, etc for his army, and all updates of the same from the public.
- It is unlawful for an army to attack any person or town, blockade any town or travel route within the County of Stafford without written permission from the elected Duke or his Captain.
- It is unlawful to fail to compensate a victim of army operations in a timely fashion.
- It is unlawful for a person to provide military advising (OOC: army points) to illegal or hostile armies against the elected County government.

Article 5: Justice & Punishment
- If found guilty of raising an army without permission of the elected Duke or his Captain, the fine shall be at the discretion of the Judge up to 1000 pounds. Jail time may be added as seen necessary by the Judge. Repeated breaking of this law can be met with more jail time, banishment, or in extreme cases of recidivism, execution. A recognized member of the unlawful army shall be fined up to 500 pounds and jail time, at the discretion of the Judge.
- Any army entering Stafford county without permission of the elected Duke or his Captain will be considered an enemy combatant and may be put to death, by force, without notification or trial. Once the army has fallen, all combatants may face trial for treason with same punishments as outlined above.
- If found guilty of withholding information from the citizens of Stafford regarding army operations, the fine shall be at the discretion of the Judge up to 500 pounds. Jail time may be added as seen necessary by the Judge. Repeated breaking of this law can be met with more jail time, banishment, or in extreme cases of recidivism, execution.
- If found guilty of attacking any person within the county of Stafford, the General of the army will be responsible for the compensation of all damage to the victim (in monetary or goods equivalent value) unless he is acting under direct orders of the County or town. If acting under county or town orders, the officiating sponsor is responsible for compensation and damages.
- If found guilty of failure to compensate a victim of army operations in a timely fashion, the fine shall be the compensation damages plus jail time as seen necessary by the Judge.
- If found guilty of providing military advising (OOC: army points) to an illegal or hostile armies, the fine shall be at the discretion of the Judge up to 500 pounds. Jail time may be added as seen necessary by the Judge. Repeated breaking of this law can be met with more jail time, banishment, or in extreme cases of recidivism, execution.

Article 6. King's Law
- When an army takes control of a city, all the persons in the city and having a grant from this city must return it. In addition, if an Army takes control of a Capital, all persons who have a county grant and are in the capital must return the grant. This rule does not apply to revolts.

War-game Armies will not 'accidentally' fall onto our neighbor nodes nor harm the people. All armies are forced to accept the rules of the game:

Armies must set their rules of engagement to "Friend then Enemy" and must not use a hit list. Do NOT revolt, rob, invade a town, etc for real. You'll be prosecuted if you do. Your location for the wargame is the same as your IG location, so make sure to keep Lavabo updated and the arbiter informed if you are on a road or mine node if you want your actions counted. You're free to take a job during the games if you can (ie you're not in an army or 'on the road').

Who wants to participate? Wink All of England is invited. Please venture to Stafford to come join in the festivities. We will be holding a ceremony at the end of the games to commemorate the event!
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Salter wrote:Dear Duke Loxley ...

I accept that Stafford does not wish to be courteous to its neighbors , thank you for clarifying this .

Lord Birmingham .
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Post  arthur_loxley Fri Feb 12, 2010 2:26 pm

Arthur_loxley wrote:
Salter wrote:Dear Duke Loxley ...

I accept that Stafford does not wish to be courteous to its neighbors , thank you for clarifying this .

Lord Birmingham .

Lord Salter,

I'm not sure where you arrived at this conclusion from my statement. However, thank you for your misinformed statement. Wink
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Myxti wrote:"The game sounds awesome. A letter to the neighboring counties would be nice just to give a heads up to.

I know Stafford's intention is for fun. It will also help the career military (Level 3, Army Way) folk have a better chance at achieving even greater success (Level 4).

An official letter should eliminate the fear and paranoia for the few concerned. Sending a letter should hopefully keep the trouble-makers content. BUT, at the same time, anyone worried about safety for their travellers etc do have a right to ask for verification of the rules in an official letter. I see nothing wrong with that.

I do hope though that there will be no baiting and attempts to cause trouble. This game sounds fun and great. Unfortunately, I am unable to particiapte other than through my support."

Myxti put her hands on her growing belly and smiled softly.
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Salter wrote:Dear Cousin Myxti,

I see much wisdom in your evaluation ,

I also share yours and others enthusiasm about the games, my concerns are of course the safety of the games for 1) Staffords Neighbors and 2) The travelers involved .

Thank you for offering a more satisfactory reply than your Government .

Thank you

Cousin Salter
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Talisman wrote:
Slon wrote:I can't think of any reason that other counties would need to know where Stafford's armies are moving, they're not supposed to cross the border.

Special Rules:

Excuse me?

You are contradicting yourself here.

I'm not aware of Worcester's council having approved the movement of any armies within Worcester for any reason, nor am I aware of any special dispensation by which Stafford may approve such movements on Worcester's behalf.

As the Knight Commander of a neighbouring county, I must express great concern at such liberties being taken with our territory and the attitude that we have no need of being informed of armies being created and moving around (and apparently within) our borders.

I'll also take this opportunity to remind organizers and participants of the Worcester laws requiring council approval for any groups greater than 4 members. Participants in this exercise have not, to the best of my knowledge, requested or been granted such dispensation.

While I find the initiatives towards such wargames laudable, I must express disappointment with the apparent lack of regard for diplomacy and courtesy to Worcester.
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Myxti wrote:
Salter wrote:Dear Cousin Myxti,

I see much wisdom in your evaluation ,

I also share yours and others enthusiasm about the games, my concerns are of course the safety of the games for 1) Staffords Neighbors and 2) The travelers involved .

Thank you for offering a more satisfactory reply than your Government .

Thank you

Cousin Salter

Myxti read the note and penned a letter back to be sent to him.

[rp]Cousin,

I do think it would be a good idea for an official letter to be sent.

But, this is starting to look familiar, dear cousin. I think you know what I am referring to. But I will not allow this wonderful idea be ruined by personal issues. If the letters are sent, I hope you will find that most satisfactory.

If you are in to participate or just watch from the sidelines, I am sure you would be welcomed. I just fear that your concerns will turn into more than that. This is not the place for it.

I will be watching and cheering from the sidelines, perhaps I will see you there. Things have not been the best between us, but I do have some big family news.

Myxti[/rp]

The letter is sent and Myxti goes back to thinking of ways to support the game.

Sorry...had to edit a sentence and spelling.
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Teh_uberness wrote:Oh come on people! Stop seeing this as an opportunity to take cheap shots at Stafford! This is supposed to be fun for civilians, practice for soldiers, and helpful to army way who want to live the life of luxury!

It specifically says in the rules that an army involved in the games will not leave Stafford without the permission of the county it's moving to. So don't worry about that!

Worcester and Chester ARE being informed about this. Right now. Weeks before it starts. You're even being invited to participate!

This is going to be FUN! Treat it as such!
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Arthur_loxley wrote:
Teh_uberness wrote:Oh come on people! Stop seeing this as an opportunity to take cheap shots at Stafford! This is supposed to be fun for civilians, practice for soldiers, and helpful to army way who want to live the life of luxury!

It specifically says in the rules that an army involved in the games will not leave Stafford without the permission of the county it's moving to. So don't worry about that!

Worcester and Chester ARE being informed about this. Right now. Weeks before it starts. You're even being invited to participate!

This is going to be FUN! Treat it as such!

Thank you. I'm not sure where our neighbors have gotten the impression that we have given armies permission to enter borders without permission..... especially when the rules state that each army must gain permission from the county they seek to enter.
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next