Alternative RK
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Solace [CRP]

2 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Solace [CRP] - Page 3 Empty Re: Solace [CRP]

Post  Aasha Fri Feb 05, 2010 12:43 am

Yes, he'd officially lost it. If Aasha needed more proof than his own words that the special brew had addled what little brains the man had, Obli had proven it by the words tripping out of his mouth. Gots 'nuff hauntin' me now...dun needs ya ta be addin' to it.

Aasha's eyes widened when Storm didn't sidestep away from Kael. The mare nickered softly at him, while the girl on her back rolled her eyes at Obli. There was something seriously wrong with his eyes, he'd been doing funny things with them for a while. Blinking rapidly, opening one then the other....and he'd started it again, peering at her with one shut. Aasha scoffed at the notion that she was more a lady than he a lord. How ya fig're tha' one? Ya said yers'lf if'n ya'd nae been tak'n...wouldna matt'r fer me. My da an' mum was farmin' folk. We didna sees nae fancy folk, less'n we was helpin' my unkle a' the stabl's he was workin'. Tha' wasna oft'n till I wen' to live wit' 'im an'... Cursing her wayward tongue, Aasha urged Storm into a walk, needing the movement to cover the awkward pause she'd left rather than finishing that sentence.
Aasha
Aasha
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Obli. Fri Feb 05, 2010 1:18 am

Obli moved Kael forward to keep up with Aasha and Storm. "yer co'sin." He finished the sentence without thinking it through. Dammit. "Tru'...t'ere be nay tellin' whet be 'appenin' ifn meh nay be tak'n." He admitted. He started thinking about what life would have been like with his father around. He shuddered. He just couldn't go there. It would drive him mad if he kept at it. It wasn't what happened and there was no changing that now. In the end he was blessed right? Joining House of Rahl, being united with his twin sister Aayla and now getting to know Aasha. Yeah, it wasn't all bad, though a certain part of him still held the curiosity. Obli shook his head to snap out of the deep thought. "Meh like t' t'ink we be crossin' pat's 'n'way. Tak'n or nay, knowin' ye sur' t'be spec'al t'meh." He smiled, trying to force himself past the darker thoughts.

Aasha wrote:She wasn't sure what it was about him that brought so many memories to the surface, and was even more unclear whether it was a good or bad thing. At least he hadn't scoffed at anything she'd let slip, nor made the mistake of treating her differently based on her past. If he had, sister or no, Aasha would have stabbed him to actually hurt, not just by instinct. There were times that she wished he'd forget what she said though, him finishing her thought was one of them.

- He's dead, he can't hurt you anymore.

Yah right, tell him that when he haunts me!

He isn't real, ignore it and move on. -

Aasha had never been good at following her own advice, nor at blocking her subconscious, but she sure wished she were. Ain't sure it helps thinkin' on wha' migh' be diff'rent if'n ya wasn took. Ya was, an' ya moves fo'ward from it, an' hope ya dun drag too much wit' ya tha' ya dun wants. Ya gots a fam'ly tha' ya cares 'bout, wha' cares 'bout ya too. Thats mor'n wha' lots o' folks gots. Think on it 'stead o' the res'. Glancing over, she smiled at him gently, thinking of the closeness between he and Aayla. Anyone around them could see...even feel the affection between the two. The closest she'd come to that easy affection had been Donnor, and it hadn't ended the way she hoped. With a start, Aasha realized she envied him, just a little, for that.
Obli.
Obli.
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Post  Obli. Fri Feb 05, 2010 11:59 pm

She was right, there was no sense in over thinking it. He was where he was and he had it pretty darn good. He couldn't ask for more. He'd discovered a dear friend of his, just like a sister to him, was actually his twin sister and that they were separated at birth. The Rahl's. What couldn't be said about the House of Rahl? It was incredible to be a part of and with out them he would not be here. Then there was his present company, Aasha. Life just seemed to be getting more fulfilling as he got to know her. He was discovering new meaning. He longed for them to get even closer...some day. He chuckled at the thought and grinned.

"Aye, meh ken nay be complainin'. Meh fam'ly been real goo' t'meh. Goo' t' e'eryone t'ey meet." He smiled and road alongside her. "Meh be willin' t'be walkin' t'rough 'ell fer t'em, t'at be fer sur'." He stared in front of him, watching Kael's head bob up and down as they headed steadily back towards town while adding. "Same be goin' fer ye...t'rough 'ell an' back meh go, ifn meh 'as to, nay ques'ions." He kept his eyes forward, a bit timid to look her in the eye right then.
Obli.
Obli.
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Post  Aasha Sat Feb 06, 2010 12:19 am

Thinking of his family, Aasha had to bite her lip to keep from giggling. To ev'ryone they meets? Ya sure 'bout tha? I knows yer broth'r was tryin' ta be nice ta me...bu' I'm purty sure we gots diff'rent ideas on wha's nice. An' ain't too sure he'd be nice ta me 'gain...nae aft'r he a'mos' los' some parts o' his body. An' I dun he'rd tha' ya gots co'ple oth'r broth'rs wha' prolly willna likes me none. If'n they's tryin' to run me through, ya migh' nae likes me aft'r eith'r. Winking at him when their eyes...or was it eye? met, Aasha assessed his riding, making sure the alcohol wasn't doing anything more to throw him off.

Talking of hell sobered the girl instantly. I said tha' once...tha' I'd be foll'win' som'one into hell if'n thats where he was leadin' me. Ain't wantin' ya ta foll'w me blind, nae be goin' to hell neith'r. Ain't a good place to be tryin' to comes back from, 'specially if'n yer tryin' to do it 'lone.
Aasha
Aasha
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Obli. Sat Feb 06, 2010 1:03 am

Obli grinned at her talk about his brothers. Its true, they weren't really friendly with people from her background, but family was family and he felt sure they would support him. "Well, ifn t'ey know ye be t'e lass o' meh 'fections, t'ey be s'ppor'ive. 'Tis 'ow t'e fam'ly be." He smiled at her, hoping the day would come when he would be able to bring her to the whole family. He met her eyes with both of his open. The world swayed a bit. He held it as long as he dared before closing one eye again.

He listened to her words and nodded as she spoke.
"Aye, ye be righ', meh nay be lookin' t'be comin' back frem 'ell, but fer t'ose meh care a'ful lots 'bout..." his voice grew quieter. "meh be doin' it jes' t'e same. 'Tis who meh a'ways been." Obli shrugged before adding. "An' it nay be 'til recen' t'at meh be doin' t'ings wit' pe'ple. Jes' seem'd eas'r t'be goin' it 'lone, well...at t'e time it seem'd t'at way." He added softly.
Obli.
Obli.
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Post  Aasha Sat Feb 06, 2010 1:53 am

Giving him a startled look, Aasha cleared her throat, then spoke, slowly and clearly. I isna nae lass wha' would be givin' ya no 'fect'on. Ain't gots nothin' ya ken be catchin' from me. Sos they dun gots ta be supportin' ya cuz of me. She couldn't figure out why he was smiling at the idea of acquiring an infection, but chalked it up to the special brew, resolving to make sure he never drank another drop from her flask. The girl met his gaze, noting him swaying slightly. Shaking her head the exact moment one of his eyes shut again, she continued to watch him carefully. What was it with his eyes anyway? Should she ask him? Deciding it wouldn't do much good, she teased; Speakin' of catchin; things, dun be fallin' off'n yer horse, I ain't gonna be jumpin' down hopin' to catch ya. I'd jus' be landin' on my bum 'gain if'n I tried.

She was paying enough attention that his voice dropping concerned her. She'd gone and put her foot in her mouth again, hadn't she? Maybe not... Aye, there is still times I'm thinkin' bein' 'lone is eas'er. Canna be hurts so much tha' way. He'd been through loss too, she reminded herself, her face reflecting tenderness at the thought.
Aasha
Aasha
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Obli. Sat Feb 06, 2010 2:23 am

Obli was startled by her reaction. It wasn't like it was the first time he told her something of this sort. What the hell was she going on about? Nothing he could catch from her? You don't catch affection. What was she going on about? He opened his eyes wide and almost slipped of Kael laughing as it hit him. "Nay Aash, nay...meh meant a'fection...nay infection." He was chocking on laughter as he spit out the sentence. "Ye know, like wan'in' t'be wit someone, 'ave feelin' fer t'em an' such." He giggled as he repositioned himself on Kael. "Whoa, t'at be close, meh a'mos' test'd ye righ' t'ere." He grinned at her. Would she have stopped to help him? Secretly he thought she would.

He looked at her, one eye shut to keep the world in check. She hadn't asked him about it yet. Maybe she was more polite than she thought? "Well, but fer ye an' sissy, meh prolly still be t'inkin' t'at. Meh t'ink 'tis nice t'be havin' ye wit meh as much as p'ssible." He nodded his head once to emphasize his point.
Obli.
Obli.
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Post  Aasha Sat Feb 06, 2010 2:48 am

Hells bells, he was doing it again. Talking about feelings he had for her. Feelings she didn't want him to have. Friends, they'd agreed to be friends. She briefly considered reminding him of that fact, but had a feeling it wouldn't do any good. Ya jus' wantin' to see if'n I'd be jumpin' off'n my horse to catch ya isna ya? Ain't gonna happen. I land on it too oft'n wit'out yer help. Her hand had gone out though, not that she could steady him without Storm brushing against Kael, possibly throwing them both off balance. No, it was good that he caught himself before he slid off his stallion's back.

The weight of his gaze registered. Aasha looked again, to see one still shut, the other steadily staring at her. Does I gots som'thin' on my face? Ya gots som'thin' in yer eyes? Yer doin' odd things wit' 'em, blinkin' lots an' shuttin' one fer long times. Was it tha' blast'd lemon? It sure as hell hurts when it gots in my eye.
Aasha
Aasha
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Obli. Sat Feb 06, 2010 3:08 am

Obli noted the speed in which her had shot out in a reflexive attempts to catch him. He grinned at her. "O'course ye nay be 'elpin' meh, t'at ain't be 'appenin'." He chuckled. They were near the market where he had gotten the food for the day. It was deserted now. They weren't too far from where he was staying now. "Meh jes' o'er t'at way a bit." He pointed, a bit disappointed the night was closing on them.

Obli smirked. He figured it was only a matter of time.
"Nay, meh eyes be fine...well, meh 'ope t'ey be fine. E'er since meh 'ad yer drink...t'ey been playin' tricks on meh. Showin' meh t'ings t'at nay be t'ere. Ifn meh close one, t'ings be lookin' norm'l." He smiled apologetically. He paused, grinning he added. "Trus' meh, ifn meh could meh be lookin' at ye wit both eyes, meh would." he teased.
Obli.
Obli.
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Post  Aasha Sat Feb 06, 2010 1:42 pm

Nae, I willna. If'n yer landin' on yer bum, yer doin' it 'lone. I ain't willin' to be bruisin' my bum anymor'n it is already. This was the time of night she enjoyed, the town was quiet, the breeze coming in from the water gently brushing her hair across her face. The press of people missing, no looking over her shoulder. It was when she had moved about the most after running away, dropping some of her tension, the shadows adding to her disguise. Now, it meant fewer out looking for her, most dandified men unwilling to peer into dark corners for a tiny slip of a girl.

Her eyes followed where he pointed, picking out the edges of the inn he indicated. Wha' kinds o' things wha' ain't there? Dunno how closin' one o' yer eyes helps, but if'n it does, ya bett'r be car'ful walkin' into the inn. I'm bettin' walls will be jumpin' out at ya an' all...an' ya willna miss 'em if'n they does will ya? They had reached the inn by that point, Storms ears flicking up when Aasha brought her to a stop.
Aasha
Aasha
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Obli. Sat Feb 06, 2010 3:52 pm

Obli chuckled at her. What was he seeing? Nothing blatantly obvious. "meh jes' be seein' t'ings movin' t'at nay be movin'." He noticed they had arrived. It was a bit saddening but he refused to let it show. He quietly slid down from Kael and began rummaging around to collect a few things to bring inside. He walked over to Aasha and stood there stroking Storm. "ye know, t'ere be a bed fer ye like us'al, ifn year nay be wan'in' t'be makin' t'e trip 'ome 'lone an' ye nay 'ave t'be leavin' so quick ina mor'in'. Meh 'spect ye t'say nay, but meh off'r it t'ye an'way." he reached up, putting his unwounded hand on top of hers, squeezed it gently and let go.
Obli.
Obli.
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Post  Aasha Sat Feb 06, 2010 4:14 pm

Yep, it was hitting him way differently than it had her. Only a swallow at that, she had to wonder what would have happened if he'd had even half as much as she had that night so long ago. Aasha watched him dismount, digging through his pack for who knew what before heading into the inn. She glanced over at the building, then back to the man now stroking her mare. Ya gonna be a'rights gettin' in? Holding back a deep sigh, Aasha met his eyes. Ya sh'uldna be sleepin' onna floor all the time. Ya needs yer own place if'n yer stayin' here fer a while. Or use yer own bed sos ya ain't stiff inna morn'. I ain't stayin' here, I gots my own place. I likes the peace out there...ain't gotta worry 'bout nob'dy. She barely turned his hand to squeeze back before the pressure was off hers, a gentle smile curving her lips.
Aasha
Aasha
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Obli. Sat Feb 06, 2010 5:38 pm

Would he be fin getting in? Yeah, no reason not to be, but he couldn't resist milking it a bit for fun. He sighed. Looked at the door, then back to Aasha, then back to the door. "Aye, meh be fine, 'ardest par' be findin' which one o' t'e t'ree door 'andles be t'e righ' one." He looked back to her, grinned slyly and winked to make sure she knew he was teasing. His eyes had been getting progressively better as time passed anyway.

He looked at Aasha, with innocence in his eyes and shruged slightly while she "lectured" him.
"Meh shoul' nay be sleepin' on t'e floor, meh shoul' nay be 'avin' feelin's fer ye, meh shoul' nay be swimmin' in t'e wint'r, meh shoul' nay 'ave been drinkin' blood..." He smiled at her trying to hold back laughter "...as ye ken see, meh be doin' lots o' t'ings meh should nay be doin'. He let a chuckle escape. "Aye, meh be fig'rin' ye be goin' 'ome. Ifn t'at be t'e case, jes' pr'mise meh ye be car'ful? Meh nay want t'be draggin' sissy 'round, turnin' t'e werld upside down, lookin' fer som'one t'at 'urt ye." He smiled warmly, backing away a bit. He bowed subtly to her. "T'ank ye fer a great nigh' Aash, ye 'ave yerself a goo' res' o' t'e nigh'. Meh 'opes t'be seein' ye soon." He gave her space to leave, but stood there, determined to see her off to her house.
Obli.
Obli.
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Post  Aasha Sat Feb 06, 2010 5:52 pm

Shaking her head and grinining, Aasha tried to sound serious as she said; Tis the one wha' opens when ya tugs. Makes sure ta pull an' nae push...or is it push an' nae pull? Aasha straightened and winced as she listened to her own words come back from his mouth. Hell, she was making rules, the one thing she hated to follow more than any other. Poking fun at herself, she answered lightheartedly. Maybe ya should be sleepin' inna wat'r, swimmin' onna floor, feelin' fer the blood, an' drinkin' wit' me. Slowly winking at him, she giggled slightly before turning the mare towards her house. Dun worry, I ken gets home safe. Ain't nob'dy gonna be hurtin' me, so you an' Aayla ain't gotta look fer 'em lat'r. G'ni'te Obli. An' thanks 'gain fer the comp'ny an' the food.
Aasha
Aasha
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Obli. Sat Feb 06, 2010 6:17 pm

Obli laughed. "Well, meh do t'ink t'at drinkin' wit ye and checkin' fer blood go t'get'er." He teased. He stood there waving goodbye as she turned to leave, saying goodnight yet again. Waving? Really? You idiot. But he couldn't bring himself to stop. As the distance between them grew, he turned and walked to his room. It appeared that there were two door handles. I was only kidding! He thought to himself. He grumbled. He put a few things away and found his spot on the floor. Stretching out he thought about the night, his head was swimming with the nights events. The more time he spent with Aasha, the more he was certain that developing a relationship was exactly what he wanted, more than anything else in the world.
Obli.
Obli.
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Post  Aasha Sat Feb 06, 2010 6:38 pm

Laughing softly as she rode away, Aasha turned back once to look. He was waving at her, trying to get her attention? Why would... The girl shook her head, making a mental note to discuss that with him another time. Nothing like painting a target on your back, Obli was good at drawing attention. Turning back, she nudged Storm into a canter, wanting the peacefulness of the woods closing in around her to think about the parts of the evening she'd enjoyed. There were more than she expected, perhaps enough to keep the more difficult things to face at bay for another night.
Aasha
Aasha
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum