Alternative RK
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Solace [CRP]

2 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Solace [CRP] - Page 2 Empty Re: Solace [CRP]

Post  Obli. Sat Jan 30, 2010 4:26 am

He smiled and chuckled lightly. "Well, ifn ye ken nay be gettin' t'em soft, do let meh know. Meh nay be wan'in' yer feets t'be gettin' 'urt. 'Specially ifn t'ey 'urt cuz o' meh. Las' t'in' meh want is t'be causin' ye pain o' any kin'." Obli couldn't tell if she'd heard him say he adored her or not. Just as well right? Well, kinda.

The smile the crept across her face was enchanting. More than ever he desired to hold her, care for her, cherish her, love her. But he held it back, best he could, like a barrel of whiskey getting ready to burst at the seams. Even still, he was moderately surprised when she took his hand, though he didn't show it. That gentle touch. To Obli, it felt like something had jumped between them. Energy, emotions, something. He felt more alive in that moment. He squeezed her hand, gently, to show her gratitude. He allowed his thumb to trace the back of her hand in fluid and rhythmic motions. He glanced out over the water then back to Aasha.
"A beautiful night with a beautiful woman..." he smiled at her, acknowledging his good fortune. "Meh could nay be askin' fer a mor' perf'ct ev'nin'." Looking deep into her eyes, he found himself getting lost in them, but he didn't seem to care.
Obli.
Obli.
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Post  Aasha Sat Jan 30, 2010 3:41 pm

If'n they dun gets soft 'gain, I willna be wearin' 'em. I gots 'noth'r pair wha' a...fr'end gaves me 'fore. Aasha took his words to heart, knowing at this moment he meant them, and didn't intend to hurt her. At this moment... Biting her lip as she pushed that aside before it caught hold, she dug her toes into the sand.

There was a connection between them, one she didn't understand. One that scared her on a fundamental level. Focusing on their clasped hands when Obli squeezed it gently, she heard his words, almost from a distance. Beautiful? Her? Ain't it funny how fire ken makes thin's look diff'rent? I ain't b'ut'ful Obli...I'm jus' me. An' mos' o' the times, tha's good 'nuff. His eyes captured hers, their depths shining with emotions she didn't want to see. Breaking the gaze to look down at their hands again, she wondered why he was holding it. Or maybe why she hadn't pulled hers out...the motion of his thumb was soothing, even as it heightened her awareness of him beside her.
Aasha
Aasha
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Obli. Sat Jan 30, 2010 6:21 pm

Obli decided to leave the boot thing alone. No sense in pushing it further. She'd either take him up on the offer or she wouldn't. He reached behind him to take another log and add it to the first. He was not invested in bringing the night to a end anytime soon.

A bit of a scoff escaped his lips while he tried stifle the growing chuckle as she downplayed he compliment. She just couldn't think well of herself. It was a shame really, she was incredible.
"Aye, 'tis tru' ye be jes' ye." He paused as she looked down at their hands before adding "but Aash, meh be t'inkin' jes' ye be beau'iful, nay some magic o' t'e fire. Meh be t'inkin t'at t'e day meh lef' jail an meh saw ye in t'e light fer t'e firs' time. But meh nay be sayin' it t'en 'cuz...well, ye know." He smiled a bit embarrassed.
Obli.
Obli.
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Post  Aasha Sat Jan 30, 2010 8:50 pm

She didn't care for the turn the conversation had taken, it made her uncomfortable. She admitted to herself that it was ironic, she had told him very personal things about her past, but this was what made her shift uneasily in the sand.

Latching onto the only part she didn't feel awkward about, she forced a smile as she teased. Cuz ya wasna happy tha' callin' som'one a 'ound gots ya puts inna jail fer a day? Or cuz yer hand 'urt? Glancing at his bound knuckles, she winked. Seems ya dun likes yer 'and much does ya?
Aasha
Aasha
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Obli. Sun Jan 31, 2010 10:42 am

Obli took note of her growing discomfort and decided to drop it. They got along great, save a few explosions. His goal was always to keep it great...but...well, it just didn't happen that way all the time. He glanced down at his bandaged hand, it seemed like it had gotten better, but a little blood was showing through the bandage. Eh, oh well. This was the second? Third? Fourth time he'd been nursing a hand wound in front of her? He couldn't remember. "Nay quite. Meh was nay 'bout t'say meh t'ought t'e girl t'at put meh in jail be attrac'ive, 'specially all in t'e same day." He chuckled and smiled at her while adding "Ye know t'ere be nay 'ard feelin's 'bout t'at, aye? Jes' fun t'be teasin' ye fer, since we be frien's an' all now. Jes' t'ink, ifn ye 'ad nay put meh t'ere, we migh' nay be frien's. Meh gladly give up a day fer t'at." He grinned.

Looking at her he watched the light from the fire fall on her face, she was right, she looked great in the fire light, but still it was nothing compared to seeing her in the sun. To bad she couldn't see it. Maybe if things sabilized for her someday she would? It was worth hoping for and in that moment, Obli re-dedicated himself to giving it his best try. Breaking the hold she seemed to always put on his eyes, without trying to do that to him, he looked down at his wounded hand again and chuckled at her teasing.
"Aye, meh sur' nay treat it well." He looked up and smiled at her. "'Tis sort o' a good t'ing t'ough. Ifn meh nay be taken when meh was jes' a baby, meh woul' 'ave been leadin' a life o' nobles. Prolly nay be t'e same person t'day ifn t'at be t'e case." He looked at her a bit apologetically. Had sissy mentioned that little detail to her yet? He wasn't sure. He hadn't, he knew that. It was something he was still reconciling himself.
Obli.
Obli.
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Post  Aasha Sun Jan 31, 2010 4:25 pm

Ya was too busy glarin' a' me ta be thinkin' I was purty. An' nursin' yer hand. Shaking her head, she grinned up at him, eyes alight with mischief. Sos yer sayin' ya want ta be spendin' 'noth'r day in jail? Sees wha' oth'r friends ya ken makes? Ya knows...when I was inna jail fer three days, I didna makes no friends. Mus' be a gif' ya gots...o' maybe a curse 'stead. Finishing the last of the sweet brew in her mug, she absently set it aside, letting the rest of the tension she held so tightly wound inside of her out as she stretched her legs in front of her.

Aasha easily noted when he glanced at his hand, her own eyes drawn back to look. A slight frown marred her brow when she noticed a darker spot showing through the bandage. Her dagger was sharp, she'd probably taken a good bit of skin away when she'd let it fly. Trying to decide what to do, she listened to him without comment. Finally making a decision, she tugged lightly on her hand, removing it from his and rising. Headed to Storm's side, Aasha grabbed her pack from the horse's back, then returned to the fire, kneeling beside him. Will ya lets me looks a' it?
Aasha
Aasha
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Obli. Mon Feb 01, 2010 10:03 am

obli. wrote:Obli chuckles "Ifn ye be sayin' so, bu' meh t'inks ye were, e'en t'en. An' nay, meh nay be needin' mor' time in jail t'make frien's. Ye be 'nough o' a frien' fer meh t'make while meh be in jail." Seeing her finish the drink, he motioned to the jar. "'elp yerself, ifn ye wants" He could sense her relaxing, he felt even more comfortable seeing this.

He let her hand go without protest. Was she leaving? Jah he hoped not. So abruptly. He breathed a sigh of relief as she walked towards him. He was cautiously surprised when she knelt by him. Would he let her look at his hand? I guess. No reason not to. Right? Right. "Eh, sur' ye ken Aash..." he held out his hand to her.
Obli.
Obli.
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Post  Aasha Mon Feb 01, 2010 3:06 pm

Aasha laughed and winked playfully. Yah…canna sees ya h’ndlin’ mor’n me in jail…an’ tha’ was ‘ard ‘nuff fer ya wasna it? Digging in her pack, she removed a small container, placing it beside her before gently taking his hand. The bandage wasn’t soaked through as far as she’d feared, but based on her own past experience; she knew if he let it dry like that, it would be the devil to get off. Unwrapping the makeshift bandage, she winced when she saw his knuckles.

Head down, the girl bit her lip, then pulled her flask out of her bodice. This is gonna burn Obli… With that warning, she took the lid off, pouring it liberally over the wound. Aasha hoped her voice would distract him, pitching it low as she worked. If’n ya was leadin’ a life o’ nobles, ya wouldna met me inna prison…prolly wouldna mets me ‘tall. I dun fits in wit’ fancy folk. Dun likes all ‘em rules they’s makin’ ya foll’w ta be a lady. She didn’t’ look up, not wanting to see pain in his eyes as she quickly but gently dabbed his knuckles with her blouse. Once done, Aasha uncapped the salve, smoothing it over his hand. A’mos’ done… Aasha turned back to her pack, digging until she found a relatively clean cloth, winding it around his hand before tucking the ends into itself. I dun needs nae mor’n yer brew, but yer welc’me ta has som’o’ tha’ whiskey in my flask. There’s a lil’ bit lef’… Lifting her eyes to his, his hand cradled between hers, she whispered; isna the bes’…I dun knows much ‘bout healin’…but the salve helps. A…fr’end gaves it ta me, backs ‘fore I mov’d ta Eire.
Aasha
Aasha
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Obli. Mon Feb 01, 2010 7:59 pm

Obli smirked at her teasing. This was a lot better than other days. He wouldn't give it up for anything. He watched as she unwrapped his hand. Admittedly a bit surprised at the severity of the wound. He hadn't really been paying attention to it earlier. It wasn't horrible, but a lot worse than he had expected. What could he say? His knives were sharp. Bully for him. Though he hadn't intended to be on the receiving end of one of his blades.

Obli's eyes went wide as the whiskey hit his hand. His back arched and his eyes shut tight. He let out a muffled scream. He gasped to regain some control over his breathing.
"Well, meetin' ye, meh ken add t'at t' t'e list o' goo' t'ings frem gettin' taken." His voice was very strained. He was trying for humor, but he meant it at the same time. The salve and her words helped erase some of the pain. He nodded as she offered him the whiskey and took it with his other hand. Taking a long drink, he coughed, drying his mouth with his arm. "T'anks." When she finsihed wrapping it, he looked down at his hand in hers. He lifted it, flexing it carefully and placed it back in her hands. "Well, ye be doin' bet'er t'en meh." He smiled at her, his eyes danced with the pleasure of just being in her company.
Obli.
Obli.
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Post  Aasha Mon Feb 01, 2010 8:00 pm

Aasha wrote:Even not looking, Aasha knew the moment the pain hit, the sounds coming from his throat, even muffled as they were, a clear indication. She was deliberate in not noticing when he stiffened, and didn't comment on the noises escaping.

The second Obli took a swig from the flask, Aasha wished he hadn't. She had forgotten the extra ingredient to the whiskey in that particular flask, and had no desire to find out if he would hallucinate as she had her first time trying the brew. - You did it you fool girl, if he can't walk or ride later, you'll be taking him home...again... -

Aasha intended to drop her hands when he flexed his, her movements stiffled when he placed his bound hand back. Is hard ta wraps yer own 'and. An' the salve ain't bad...leeches...now 'em is creepy. Feeling awkward, she sat back, tenderly placing his hand into his lap before dropping hers to her side, her gaze going back to the flickering firelight. Dun thin' I ev'r sat an' did nothin' this long 'fore.
Aasha
Aasha
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Obli. Mon Feb 01, 2010 10:48 pm

Obli was relieved that Aasha wasn't teasing him for writhing from the pain of the whiskey hitting the wounded knuckle. He guessed she'd been in his position before and probably knew how it felt. It felt horrible.

The whiskey tasted funny and settled uneasily. Obli rolled his tongue around in his mouth. It just tasted funny. He looked at Aasha, trying not to be rude. She'd said it was whiskey, right? Yeah, she had. Had her heard her wrong? Possibly, he'd been in a lot of pain at the time. He blinked his eyes a couple times and shook his head, trying to clear it.
"T'at...t'at be stron' stuff." He smiled weakly at her, blinking a couple more times.

"Ugh, leeches.." Obli muttered. He lifted his hand again, staring at the bandage. She'd done a great job, despite her downplaying her abilities. Did the bandage just move? Obli stared at it harder. No, it couldn't have moved. Her voice brought him back to the present. "S'rry. Ifn ye nay lik' sittin' 'ere, ye nay 'ave t'. Ye 'ave givin' meh mor' o' yer time t'en meh e'er 'oped fer." Obli looked into the fire. The picture inside the fire startled him, he looked away quickly. What the heck was that? Fire wasn't supposed to do that. No, fire didn't do that. He laid down on his back to collect his thoughts, looking at the stars. They started to swirl. Maybe this wasn't the best idea? He didn't bother to move this time.
Obli.
Obli.
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Post  Aasha Tue Feb 02, 2010 7:25 am

In for a pence... Umm...I shoulda warn'd ya. Tha' flask ain't reg'lar whisk'y. It's a spec'l brew wha' Donnor made...gots mushr'ms in it. I us'd ta make a game o' swipin' 'is flask, jus' ta makes sure I didna lose my touch. Been carryin' it so long, I ferg't. Aasha glanced over, right about the time he smiled weakly. She had a feeling he wasn't going to take too well to the contents of the flask, and had to giggle when he mentioned it being strong. She'd been drinking it so long that it wasn't strong at all for her, it was funny how tastes adapted. Jus' a lil' bit strong...yer gonna be a'ri'te.

Surreptitiously watching as he started at the bandage, she tried to hold her laughter back. I didna mean ta say I didna likes jus' sittin'. Ain't nev'r done it muc' is all...nae outs'de my home nohow. Aasha sighed as he laid back. If he passed out, she could always drag him behind Storm, there was no way she could lift him. Maybe she should suggest them both going home before it took much effect? She really didn't want to move though. The girl gave herself a mental kick, hesitated anyway, then suggested; Ya wan' me to see ya into town on my way home?
Aasha
Aasha
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Obli. Tue Feb 02, 2010 10:07 am

Obli turned to his side to face Aasha. His eyes widened a bit when she told him more details about the special drink she'd shared with him. "Well, t'at 'splains som'tin's." He chuckled. "'Tis a'igh', a' long as ye nay be takin' a'van'age o' meh." He teased lightly.

He grinned when she said she was having a good time.
"Goo'. Meh glad t'be sharin' a new 'sperience wit' ye." His eyes took a bit longer than normal to focus. Everything looked normal, sort of. Some of the sand on the beach was moving unnaturally. She offered to see him home. Why? He wasn't drunk. Just that last brew had him a bit out of sorts. Maybe there was more to it than he knew? She would know. Uh oh. "Well Aash, meh inten' b'fer t'e nigh' star'ed be fer meh t'be seein' ye 'ome." He smiled a bit embarrassingly at her. "Meh nay be bad off...jes'...meh eyes be playin' games wit meh..." His voice trailed off as he looked at her, taking her in with his eyes. "but, ye be still pret'y as e'er, so t'ey nay be playin' too bad a game wit meh." He grinned to finish off his playful comments. As much as he wished that the night would never end, but he knew it couldn't go on forever. That still didn't make him eager to end it.
Obli.
Obli.
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Post  Aasha Tue Feb 02, 2010 7:38 pm

Well hell. It was more than obvious the special brew was kicking in much different for Obli than it had for her. Perhaps because he'd not finished his meal? Fatigue? Aasha had heard that folks got very tired after swimming, maybe that was why. Either way, he was going from mellow to wasted in a hurry. Is ya gonna cooks 'gain? Bout all I'd be takin' 'vant'ge o' is yer willin'ss ta cooks fer me wit'out makin' me pay fer it. Sure ya dun wanna job?

Her grin matched his when she met his eyes, he didn't seem to be very worried about his hand anymore. She was hoping that meant the pain the whiskey had caused was dulling with the salve applied. We a're'dy figur'd things dun happ'n the way ya 'xpect'd. Ya said ya was gonna op'n up, an' got to list'n to me tal' inste'd. Aasha gave him a puzzled look. Why w'uld ya see me home when is pas' where ya stays? Tha' dun makes no sense. He was back to the compliments again, the girl couldn't help but roll her eyes. If'n tha' brew is hittin' this fas', ain't bodin' well fer ya toni'te o' t'morr'w. Jus' dun blame me if'n yer seein' sheepy head'd folk...

Last edited by Aasha on Wed Feb 03, 2010 10:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Aasha
Aasha
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Obli. Tue Feb 02, 2010 11:55 pm

Obli laughed. "Ag'in, meh nay be lookin' fer a job as yer cook. 'Owe'er, meh still be willin' t'be cookin' fer two, ifn ye wan' t'be eatin' wit meh, reg'lar like." He smiled at her. Just the idea of the prospect filled him with anticipation.

He listened to her chide him and chuckled. It was true, the night had gone very differently and it was true and she'd opened up to him. He hadn't meant for it to happen, but it seemed to flow naturally. He thought about her comment regarding taking her home. Was taking her home sensible? Not in the logical sense. But that is just how you do it. Right? Obli shrugged.
"'Tis 'ow meh be taugh'. 'Tis jes' righ' t'be seein' yer frien's 'ome. Sense or nay, meh 'ad t'at int'nt." He sat up and shrugged awkwardly. "It nay t'e booze t'at be makin' ye pret'y Aash." He winked at her. The realization hit him that when he winked, the unusual movements stopped. He tested the theory out, blinking several times slowly. Finally he kept his left eye closed. "Eh, much bet'er. So, does meh dare ask ye 'bout yer sheepy folk?" He giggled as he teased her, relief coming now that he was seeing better. Granted, only out of one eye, but better still.
Obli.
Obli.
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Post  Aasha Wed Feb 03, 2010 7:52 pm

Well damn Obli. I ain't us'd ta eatin' wit' folk. Usu'lly eats onna runs from one place ta the nex'. Nae be stoppin' ta taste. Aasha grins, leaving out if she had to taste her own cooking much, she wouldn't be eating often. If'n ya change yer min'... she teases ...ya 'par'ntly knows where my home is. Still dun sees how it makes nae sense fer ya to be takin' me there t'ni'te though. Som'body teach'd ya ta be goin' outta yer way ta takes yer fri'nds home? Then ya'd be goin' home 'lone, an' fer a long'r trip. Wha' does yer fri'nd do then? Turn 'bout an' takes ya home? Ya'll'd be goin' backs an' fort' all ni'tes, an' nob'dy w'uld be gettin' no sleeps.

The grin turned into a full blown laugh when Obli asked about her sheepy folk. Nae mines...I'm thinkin' it were cuz Timi were there. She likes sheepy folk, an' was talkin' ta the butl'r...then all the sudd'n, he wen' from bald ta sheepy 'ead'd. Odd'st thin' I ev'r saw...'cept Kerri wen' from nothin' ta havin' hair o' 'er lip. Was an odd nights...'em horses didna likes the brew none neith'r.
Aasha
Aasha
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Obli. Wed Feb 03, 2010 11:10 pm

Obli chuckled. "Well, ye let meh know someday ifn meh be cookin' fer two. 'Tis nay bit o' tro'ble." He listened to her exhausting interpretation of what he meant. He laughed, a tear fell down his face. He gathered his composure. "Nay, meh invi'ed ye ou' t'en 'tis jes' righ' t'be seein' ye 'ome. T'at be it. Whet ye be sayin'...well, aye, t'would be a'ful daft." He let a giggle escape.

Obli blinked blankly at Aasha as she described her first experience with the brew. What had he gotten himself into? He really didn't want to picture of sheep head replacing Aasha's to be ingrained into his head. There was nothing good about what she was telling him. The last part caught him way off guard.
"Eh, ye be givin' 'orses whiskey?" Obli started laughing all over again. "Whet in t'e werld ye be doin' t'at fer?" He managed to say between laughs.
Obli.
Obli.
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Post  Aasha Wed Feb 03, 2010 11:25 pm

Aasha wrote:I'm bettin' yer sist'r w'uldna mind ya cookin' fer her if'n yer wantin' to cook fer two mor'n ya is now. His mirth was infectious, Aasha was giggling by that time, not trying to suppress her amusement at all. Especially when he mentioned something being daft. Didna I a're'dy say it w'uld be daf'? Sees...ev'n ya knows it dun makes no sense. I gots 'ere on my own, dun needs ya showin' me 'ow to gets to my own home.

Her face was alight with mischief, her imagination had painted a vivid picture of the wedding reception she'd been telling him about. The more she reflected on it, the funnier it became, until she was laughing outright. It was a weddin' 'cept'n fer nobles. The reg'nt o' England ev'n...we...umm... Sighing as she remembered who'd been her partner in crime at the event, Aasha glanced down, then finished more quietly. We thou't it'd be funny if'n horses were stumblin' roun' wit' all 'em fancy folk in the'r fancy clot's, tryin' ta gets home.
Aasha
Aasha
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Obli. Thu Feb 04, 2010 12:04 am

Obli smiled. "Sissy ken be eatin' with meh an'tim she wish too, jes' means meh be cookin' fer three t'en?" He grinned. Hearing her further protestations about him taking her home, Obli threw his hands up in defeat. "A'igh', a'igh', ye win. Meh nay be nice t'ye an' see ye 'ome." His voice held playful sarcasm. This was getting ridiculous, her laughter fed his laughter and it was fast becoming a cycle.

"Ye, ye be gettin' t'e noble 'orses boozed!?" Obli laughed more. He started picking up some of the things around the fire while the laughter became manageable. "Heehee, Oh Aash, 'tis night be jes' great. T'ank ye, really, t'ank ye fer comin'. Meh glad t'share t'e night wit ye." Obli began wrapping things up in his blanket, still laughing lightly occasionally glancing up to look at Aasha briefly.
Obli.
Obli.
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Post  Aasha Thu Feb 04, 2010 10:47 am

Aasha wasn’t sure how to respond to the open invitation to eat with him. Why anyone would want to cook to begin with was beyond her, volunteering to do it for free on a regular basis? There were things Obli said and did that baffled the girl. Happy to have something else to comment on, she teased; I’ll be nice ta ya ‘ste’d, an’ see tha’ ya gets home safe. Ya ken close yer eyes an’ tell yers’lf ya saw me home if’n it makes ya feel bett’r.

Lips twitching, she winked at him, wishing she’d actually seen the horses stumbling around. Aye...we gots ‘em drunk...was hopin’ to puts some o’ ‘em inna lake o’ som’thin’. ‘spec’ly tha’ one wha’ took my whisk’y bottle ‘way, sayin’ I had too much...likes ya ken have too much.

She watched him gather a few things around him, a clear indicator that the evening was coming to an end. Ya dun needs to be thankin’ me. Sounding a bit surprised, she continued; Bein’ ‘ere...talkin’ an’ eatin’ an’ nae doin’ nothin’ impo’tent was nice. Ya wants me ta put the fire out? No use in ya burnin’ yer a’re’dy hurts ‘and.
Aasha
Aasha
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Obli. Thu Feb 04, 2010 5:56 pm

Obli rolled his eyes and chuckled at her suggestion. "Firs' ye be wan'in' meh t'b'lieve ye ken be nice t'meh," he teased "t'en ye be su'gestin' t'at meh be tellin' mehself daft lies t'feel goo'?" He chuckled softly, followed by a warm smile. "Aye, t'at be fine Aash, t'at be fine. Ye ken be nice t'meh." He paused as if thinking about something, then said "Ye know, meh glad we met Aash. E'en ifn nay else e'er 'appens, meh sur' ye be a damn goo' frien'."

He continued working slowly, while she told him about the horses. There was no rush was there? "T'much?" Obli wrinkled his nose "T'much whet? Whiskey? Nay!" Obli shook his head in disgust and grumbled "Ye be righ', one ken ne'er 'ave t'much whiskey. Silly gits."

Obli smiled and shook his head. Did she just not get it? Or was she just not used to being appreciated this much? She wasn't an idiot, so that meant...oh. "Meh nay be t'ankin' ya b'cuz meh feels like meh 'aves to. It jes' meant lots t'be sharin' t'nigh wit ye. Meh gen'inly 'preciate it." He looked at her and smiled, he could feel the heat of shyness rising in his cheeks. He let himself be distracted by her offer to take care of the fire. "Aye, ifn ye be wan'in to. Nay sense in 'urtin' mehself mor'." He flashed a grin at her.
Obli.
Obli.
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Post  Aasha Thu Feb 04, 2010 7:17 pm

His teasing about her being nice gave Aasha a sudden urge to stick out her tongue. Before she could think of the wisdom of the action, her tongue was out, her nose wrinkled as she looked at him. Fine, I willna be nice ta ya a'purp'se nae more aft'r t'ni'te. A mock bow followed his concession. Allow her to be nice to him indeed.

Shaking her head at Obli, Aasha began to put out the fire, carefully kicking dirt into the flames to smother the embers. I ken be a good fri'nd ta ya Obli...jus' long as I dun gets ya kill'd. Ain't lookin' ta see no mor'n my fri'nds dyin' o' me. Dun los' 'nuff... - ...shut up girl... -Skirting around him while he worked, she finished at the edges, then bent to scoop sand up in her palms.

Glancing over at his comment regarding whiskey, she grinned. Yah, tha' wha' I said. Ain't nev'r had too much whisk'y...less'n ya drunk mor'n a tav'rn ken hold. Bu' folk in England is d'f'rent...they be drinkin' more ale than whisk'y...it dun gots much taste if'n ya didna know. Ain't even strong ale. The sound that slipped from the girl's lips was less than ladylike, a cross between a sniff and a snort at the idea of weak liquor. Anyone listening would have thought she was from somewhere other than England based on the level of contempt she'd managed to inject into the sentence. Jus' canna fights 'gains' no her voice showed her disdain as she stressed the next words Royal G'ards. If'n they r'lax'd ev'n a lil' bit, they'd be fallin' ta p'eces a' yer feet.

Flushing at the tangent she'd gone on, her contempt for nobility shining through, Aasha busied herself folding the other blanket. Making sure each crease was perfect before handing it to him, her feet digging into the soft sand nervously at his appreciation.
Aasha
Aasha
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Obli. Thu Feb 04, 2010 11:35 pm

Obli laughed. "Meh be 'spectin' not'in' less frem ye Aash." Obli teased.

Obli listened as she spoke about loss and noted it was an uncomfortable topic for her. Obli knew loss too. It was horrible.
"Ye nay be loosin' meh Aash. Meh 'ave 'ad loss to, an' yer righ' it nay be feelin' good. Heck, ye prolly ken nay be rid o' meh e'en ifn ye wants t'be." Obli grinned, hoping to lighten the mood.

As the fire was extinguished, the night air crept in on him. He walked over to Kael and secured the items to his pack. He returned to the area to gather the few remaining items. Seeing the orange they never touched, he picked it up and tossed it to Aasha. "'Ere ye go, fer t'morrow mornin' ifn ye like." He winked at her.
Obli.
Obli.
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Post  Aasha Thu Feb 04, 2010 11:57 pm

She bit off the retort that came to mind, sure telling him he was better off expecting nothing from her would ruin the amiable mood they'd found. Peeking from beneath her lashes, Aasha shook her head and grinned. Jus' wha' I needs...som'one else who dunno wha' leaves me 'lone means. An' rights aft'r yer tellin' me I wouldna be losin' ya. 'memb'r though...if'n ya dis'pe'rs, I dun gots nothin' to do wit' it.

Aasha glanced at the now non existant fire then towards Storm. When she'd come to the cove, she hadn't expected to be here so long, and yet she was still reluctant to go home. Muttering beneath her breath about fool girls, Aasha walked slowly towards her mare, thankful she had good reflexes when an orange was lobbed to her. Tucking the fruit into her pack, she patted Storm's side, whispering to gentle her before slipping onto her back. To yer cast'e m'lord. I ken acts likes yer knight...only I ain't wearin' nae arm'r.
Aasha
Aasha
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Obli. Fri Feb 05, 2010 12:27 am

Obli faked shock at her teasing. "Ye be makin' meh dis'pear'd!? Well, t'en ye jes' 'ave t'be 'auntin' ye an' t'at be nay fun, aye?" He couldn't stop himself from grinning foolishly and giggling.

He hopped up onto Kael and and moved him up next to Aasha. He'd be damned if he was going to follow her, least he could do was go along side of her, he wasn't THAT helpless. The motions of the horse reminded him how he was still not feeling great from the drink she had given him. The world seemed to bounce with each step. The air was still, but the plants seemed to be moving in the wind.
"Lord?" he queried and chuckled trying to keep one eye closed to make the world seem more normal. "Ye be mor' o' a lady t'en meh be a lord." He teased, leaning away from her instinctively expecting something for of physical punishment coming his way. "Heh, t'at be t'e firs' time meh e'er been call'd t'at. Oh, an' nay be worr'in 'bout t'e armor meh knight," He chuckled "ye still be lookin' fierce...yet stunnin'." He grinned wittily at her.
Obli.
Obli.
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum