Alternative RK
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Solace [CRP]

2 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Solace [CRP] Empty Solace [CRP]

Post  Obli. Fri Jan 22, 2010 8:25 pm

obli. wrote:There was a knock at the door of the Inn where Obli was staying. He wasn't expecting anybody. Placing his hand on a knife, he opened the door enough to look out. Seeing nothing, he started to close the door but his stopped when his eyes caught something laying on the ground. Opening the door again, he looked around, nobody was in sight. He bent down and picked the item up, it was a letter. Bringing it back inside his room he turned the letter over. He saw his name written carefully in rounded letters across the top. Opening it his eyes went wide as he fell backwards to a sitting position on the bed. The letter had come from Aasha.

Aasha wrote:Obli,

It wasna opin. Dam fool boy rans fas’ soon as givin’ it ta me...to bad, woulda dun me good stabin’ ‘im.

I’m thinkin’ yer my frien’ to. Nae shur ya nows tha’ it ain’t helthe fer ya ta b. But I wilna b lettin’ no b’dy ‘urts ya if’n I ken helps it...less’n it b me o’ corse.

Ya nows yer hart isna too smart dun ya? I knows ya willna be tellin’ wha’ I shar’d...dun knows ‘ow I nows it, but I do’s.

Yer frien’,

~Aasha

It wasn't the first letter he'd sent to her, but this was the first time she had replied. As he poured over the letter a second time, he noted that is was roughly written - just like when he was- Obli hit is forehead with the palm of his hand, slowly dragging the hand down his face -when he was learning to write back when Eoghan taught him. Here he'd been sending letters and wondering why he never heard back. He felt foolish now. At least he'd never mentioned it to her. He folded the letter up carefully and secured it with other items that held a great value to him. Foolish? Maybe, but it was her...and he'd been doing some foolish things lately.

He sat in the room for a little debating. Should he do it? Or better yet, would she do it? Probably not on both accounts. Had that ever stopped him? Not really. Shaking his head he made up his mind. Why not? It's something he would do anyway. He hadn't been able to for a while, but all the trips down memory lane, as of late, had made him yearn for it.

Grabbing a few things; knives, money and a few other goods, Obli found Kael and headed out to the market. He didn't know how to get where he was going, but he knew somebody who did. The boy that had delivered the last letter. He hadn't opened it and it had gotten to her. He was good for something.

Arriving at the market, the smells were alive and fresh. It was going to be perfect. Heading to the area where he had found the boy last time, he chuckled when he easily found the boy. He was the one getting up to run away. Maybe he should have gone easier on him? As the youth ran past him he grabbed to back of his shirt.
"Easy t'ere lad, easy. Meh nay be 'ear fer tro'ble." Reaching into his pocket he grabbed some money, just for the occasion, and held it out to the boy. "'ere, t'is fer ye. Meh 'ear ye got t'e let'er safe. An' meh be willin' t'be doubl'in' it ifn ye ken help meh more. Jes' tell meh 'ow t'get t'where ye deliv'red t'e let'er." Obli held out another coin and released his grip. The youth pointed while taking the coin and said Y-y-ye just wanna go that ways a bit. T-there be a path, take it. It be down that ways, nice cottage. N-n-not near town, sir. Patting the boy on the head Obli spoke softly to the boy. "Ye done goo' lad, ye done goo'. Get ye goin' now, be tellin' yer mum an' dad meh t'ink yer a fine lad, t'ey done swell wit ye." He smiled at the boy and sent him off with a little extra.

He went back to Kael and was off again. The boy was right, it wasn't near town. He got to the path, and headed down it at a slower pace, taking it all in. A little further, he saw a lone cottage. Slowing his approach even more, no need to have her running out of her house throwing knives. Getting down from Kael, Obli walked up to the front door. He took a deep breath and knocked on the door.

Aasha wrote:Her mood for fishing had left after struggling to write a letter. Time on the lake only lead to inner contemplation, something she'd had enough of. Rather than fishing, Aasha headed back home. The girl went into a cleaning frenzy after arriving back at the cottage, hoping to block her thoughts. Anyone watching would have wondered what the girl was up to, the large pile of things out back might have clued them in. She'd already decided to start a bonfire after dark. The smoke would be less visible then...no one needed to see anymore of her pain. Bad enough that even one had...and at this point there was more than one who'd caught glimpses from time to time. Leaning back on a chair, she studied her sparse surroundings, knowing the only person who would ever see how meagerly she lived would be her...well, and Axle. He was here more often than anywhere else, not listening to her telling him to leave...just like another she had met recently.

The knock at the door startled her out of her musings before they went too deep. Axle? No, his had a different cadence to it. No one else ever ventured out this way, most steered clear of her. Especially since Donnor had left, she was much more likely to fight now than she was before. So who? Narrowing her eyes as a flick of the wrist brought her dagger into her hand, the girl carefully exited through a small hidden opening at the back of the house. Storm whinnied softly as she scented her mistress, nostrils flaring as she picked up another scent on the breeze. Aasha didn't miss the signs, the mare's keen interest told her there was another horse about, a stallion if Storm's sense of smell had not failed. Stays 'ere girl...dun be goin' ta see who it is yets... She patted Storm's muzzle before skirting quietly around to the front.

Aasha spotted the horse, along with the distinct form of a man standing at her door. Wasn't that Obli's horse? Her eyes glimmering with mischief, the girl moved forward, her feet silent as she stealthily approached the unsuspecting man until she was directly behind him. Dropping her voice to the husky murmur she'd used when disguised as a boy, the tip of the blade rested on the side of his neck. Lookin' fer som'thin' m'st'r? Ain't sure yer inna rights pl'ce. Mos' I knows ain't w'lc'me 'ere...

obli. wrote:Obli froze. He was going to kill that boy for sending him to the wrong place. Sure, he might have given him a case of the jitters, but nothing to warrant setting him up for death. Hell, he'd even paid the boy generously. Obli breathed deep. Fight? Now how in hell are you going to do that? Spin around and risk slicing your throat? Idiot. Grab a knife? Sure, while this one is shoved in your neck. Only thing he had left was a skill he had been perfecting over years. Talking. Grrrreeeeeaaat. Obli let out the breath in a sigh. "E'sy lad...e'sy. We nay 'ave t'be dyin' t'day." Obli said with as much conviction as he could muster. He turned slowly with his hands out to the side while saying. "Ye see, ifn ye be killin' meh, t'at be fine, but meh be warnin' ye some pe'p-" He blinked as he found himself staring at Aasha. He relaxed immediately. "Heyoo t'ere Aash, t'is 'ow ye be grea'in' all o' yer guests?" Stepping to the side to put some distance between his neck and the knife, Obli grinned. He knew dropping by unannounced was fairly close to a death wish.

Aasha wrote:The grin on her face widened perceptibly as Obli stiffened. This was proving to be a great distraction at stopping her thoughts, much better than wiping every trace of Donnor from her home. She had to bite her lip hard to keep from laughing as he tried to talk...who talked their way out of a knife fight?...his way out of the situation. An’ ‘ere I thought it was a good day ta be dyin’...was thinkin’ ya ‘gre’d since ya wand’r’d outs ‘ere...

Aasha didn’t have to hold her amusement back for long, when Obli turned to face her, blinking like an owl. The girl grinned impertinently. An’ wha’ pe’ple ya be warnin’ me ‘bout nohow? Does ya thin’ they’d be helpin’ ya ou’ wit’ me ‘fore yer throat was slit? It was after he sidestepped away from the dagger that she lowered the blade, though she didn’t immediately slip it back in its sheath. Dunno how I’d be greetin’ no g’ests. I dun ask nob’dy to com’s ou’ ‘ere ta be vis’tin’. Raising an eyebrow suspiciously, she asks; Sos wha’ ya be doin’ ou’ ‘ere?

Last edited by Obli. on Thu Jan 28, 2010 11:59 am; edited 1 time in total
Obli.
Obli.
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Solace [CRP] Empty Re: Solace [CRP]

Post  Obli. Fri Jan 22, 2010 8:26 pm

obli. wrote:Obli tried to glare, but his eyes were smiling. She'd caught him completely off guard. Not surprising really, especially since it was her. He smirked "Well, meh be havin' ye an' sissy in meh min' fer 'elp. Prolly af'er meh dead, but..." He shrugged, grinning. What could he say? He never thought he made the best decision, just the only one he could. He didn't bother to finish the sentence. "Aye, meh be fig'rin' ye nay be invi'in' gues' t'yer 'ouse, so meh t'ought t'invi' mehself." He smiled, pleased with himself. He knew full well the chances of her taking his self invite well were slim. Worth it? Oh yes. He pressed forward, it was now or never. "Ye should nay be worryin', meh be leavin' soon. Meh jes' 'ere t'give ye yer invi' in pers'n. 'Bout a couple o' 'ours b'for' dusk, meh t'ink it be mos' kin' o' ye ifn ye were t'ead down t' t'e por' an' go Nort', 'long t'e beach, 'til ye be comin' t' a fire ina nice lil' alcove. Meh 'opes t'be seein' ye t'ere." He winked at her. Without another word, he turned and walked toward Kael. As he prepared to leave he turned back to Aasha. "Oh, an' ifn ye ken, come 'ungry!" Obli chuckled, letting it fill the air.

Aasha wrote:Her voice was serious as she met his eyes. If'n ya'd come aft'r dusk, o' if'n I didna knows yer horse, ya coulda end'd up dead. Ain't smart ta be comin' ou' 'ere an' nae tellin' me firs'. I dun always checks who 'tis when I'm aimin' a' a body...jus' lets the dagg'r fly. Only a co'ple folk come down this pat'...an' jus' one wha' I 'xp'ct ta be comin' nowdays. 'tain't ya...

She saw the smile by the time she'd finished lecturing, curious as to the reason for his visit. She didn't interrupt as he issued his invitation, easily schooling her features to show nothing until he finished. Yer thinkin' I'd be mos' kind? Baffled, the girl looks behind her, sure he was talking to someone else. She'd been accused of many things lately, kind was not one of them. Why I gotta go all tha' ways fer a fire? Ken starts my own ou' backs...jus' ain't done it yets.

Men were so confusing, Aasha was starting to wonder if every one she'd come into contact with lately had hit their heads, addling their good sense when they were around her. Or maybe she just drew insanity to her...that was more logical, considering how unhinged she'd been feeling since her husband had deserted her. But the idea of a meal...one she didn't have to swipe, burn herself, or pay for...did have some appeal. Did she want to tell him that though?

Rather than answering yea or nae, Aasha grinned at Obli as he approached his horse. Ya ken be gettin' on 'im wit'out helps I hope. I ain't draggin' a cha'r ou' ta be helpin' ya climbs high 'nuff.

Last edited by Obli. on Thu Jan 28, 2010 12:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Obli.
Obli.
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Post  Obli. Sun Jan 24, 2010 2:27 am

obli. wrote:A lecture? How cute. She still didn't get it, did she? Oh well, in due time. As she finished her lecture, Obli shrugged with a smirk. "Goo' t'in' it be day, eh?" He said with playful sarcasm.

He climbed into the saddle with ease and scoffed at her teasing, ending with a smile. Then it hit him and he frowned, with his back to her. She hadn't said yes or no. Now what? Her avoidance of the question caught him completely off guard. He paused in thought for a moment. Then it came to him. His eyes lit up as he turned to Aasha.
"Ifn ye be comin' or not, meh be goin' t'ere jes' t'e same, an' t'ere will be food fer two." He was aiming for indifference in his voice, but wasn't selling it well to himself, so probably not her. Her decision mattered too much for him. "bu' it sur' mean a lot t'ave ye t'ere wit me." Blood rushed to his face and he looked away. All he could do now was hope. He flicked his wrist and Kael shot forward. He had no time to loose. He had things to prepare and little time for it to be done.

Aasha wrote:Sarcasm, something she recognized easily. Aasha shook head, he didn't get it at all. She'd tried to warn him and he'd made a joke of it. She was afraid she was destined to lose more friends than she could ever make. Either they were in danger because of her, or from her...but this one didn't have enough sense to listen when she tried to be honest with him. Aye, good thin' it be day an' nae nights.

Aasha finally slipped the dagger into its sheath as she watched him mount Kael. Maybe he knew horses better than she gave him credit for, she'd not paid much attention to his riding ability since he'd left the jail that day, and hadn't realized until way after that he'd been stiff from an injury. It must have healed well, he showed little sign of it now.

She planned on finishing up with the purging after he left, she would decide what to do from there...all depending on how long it took. Aasha didn't expect him to say much more, so his reiteration of his invitation took her by surprise. If she'd been someone else, she might have said yes, just seeing the light in his eyes. But for her, it was almost scary. She'd felt useless for so long, and being deserted had brought those feelings to the fore. The unpleasant thoughts made her feel defensive, the tone showing slightly in her voice. If'n I'm comin' o' nae, t'was nice fer ya ta be inv'tin' me, an' I'm sure ya willna be wastin' the food. Ain't met a man yet wha' canna eats 'nuff food fer two. Dun fall off'n yer horse onna way ta town. Likes I s'id, ain't many wha' com's ou' this way.

obli. wrote:He wouldn't be wasting food? Was that a yes? Obli urged Kael on faster. The ride back to the market wasn't short and he had little time left to prepare for the evening. Reaching the end of the path after what seemed like a long time, Obli raced towards town. He was on a mission. In the distance, Obli could see the market. He patted Kael's neck as he moved towards town. Kael was far from done for the day and Obli owed the strong horse his gratitude. Always worked hard and never complained, it was part of what gave him such pronounced muscle definition.

With a final sprint, Obli reached the market. He left Kael loose as he usually did, while he went shopping. Kael wasn't a fan of letting strangers ride him. Obli had the scar to prove it, right on his left elbow. It was subtle, but it was there. Persistence paid. It wasn't long after that the two of them started bonding. He had a good share of the supplies but still needed to get the food and some wood for the fire. Stopping by the local fish merchant, he selected one of the nicest looking cods. It was smaller than many of the ones there, but just right for a couple people and looked amazing. Heading off to another merchant, Obli picked up some herbs, berries, and a couple imported oranges and lemons.

Obli returned to Kael and took off towards his destination. Passing by the port, Obli noted that the ships had all left. It appeared empty. It was a sight to see when filled with ships. From the port he turned North. The alcove wasn't very far, but it was secluded. As Obli approached, he took in the sight. The alcove was just a little recessed area of the beach, outlined with a natural rocky wall. The beach itself was perfect. Nice and sandy with a comfortable amount of room beyond the water's edge. The waves of the ocean rolled gently up onto the sand. It was a beautiful area. Obli didn't have time to admire it forever. He set out to get things ready.

Obli got the fire started and placed a blanket down on either side of the fire. He gathered some sticks from the area to make a rustic stand to roast the fish on. Cleaning the fish was easier than he expected. Good choice on his part. He took the herbs and placed them inside of the fish, just as Eoghan had taught him. He added a squeezed wedge of lemon to fish for a finishing touch. He fashioned some little sharp pieces of a stick to stitch the fish up, holding the stuffing inside. Putting a stake through the fish, long ways, Obli put it over the stands he had made and let it roast slowly. He took out a couple mugs and a bowl for the berries. It was drawing closer to the moment of truth. All he could do now was wait.

Obli.
Obli.
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Post  Obli. Sun Jan 24, 2010 3:18 pm

Aasha wrote:Once Kael and his owner were out of sight, the girl sighed then reentered her cottage. The house looked empty, her footsteps echoing in the rooms. She'd saved the hardest for last, cleaning out the wardrobe of his clothes. She knew on some level it would be nice for her to send them to him, but he'd not thought of her when he left...why should she think of him now?

Cursing herself for even allowing the weakness to enter, Aasha began to shove clothes in her pack, carrying them to the burn pile out back. Control, that precious commodity, was lost completely as she pulled the last of his shirts from the wardrobe. It was the one she'd worn to their wedding...when she'd had such high hopes...dashed against reality. Bringing the material to her face, she let it brush across her cheek, a lone tear tracking down to be absorbed into the shirt. Aasha folded it carefully, stuffing it into the recesses of the chest, then left the room.

Anger, frustration, pain...they all combined to make her restless, her footsteps taking her to Storm's side. Riding calmed her like nothing else, the smooth movements of the mare's canter lulling her into a peaceful state. When she finally returned home, it was getting late. Late enough that if she were to go, she should probably start...and chances were she'd arrive much closer to dusk than he'd suggested.

Yer daft too girl, nae re'son ta go...ev'n fer a free meal. He ken eat 'is food 'is'lf. Yet she really was tempted, company to keep her from thinking, even the possibility of them butting heads was better than letting her losses get to her. As if it were a deciding factor, her belly rumbled, reminding her she'd only eaten a bit of bread that morning. Bein' a fool is catchin'...jus' wha' ya need ya twit...less brains. Yet she didn't dismount, instead turning Storm towards town, muttering about her own stupidity the entire ride.

obli. wrote:Obli sat there watching the waves roll up on the shore. Was she coming? Obli got lost in thought. In the end it didn't really matter if she came, did it? No, he would just- who was he trying to kid? It did matter. Well, he'd tried, that was about as much as he cou- A wave gently reached his foot.

He hadn't been paying attention and the waves had gotten a lot closer. Too close. He had to rearrange things. He scrambled to get everything moved back. At least the fish was safe. Right? He turned back as a wave gently rolled over the fire, extinguishing it. Obli groaned. Dinner was going to be late. At least the fish didn't fall off the stand. Obli's eyes grew with the realization of pending calamity and raced to grab the fish, not talking any chances.

He restarted the fire, farther back, and got the fish cooking again. Being alone with more time on his hands than he had expected, Obli looked at the ocean. It looked inviting. He placed his shirt and pants neatly in a pile next to one of the blankets. Wearing only a pair of shorts, he tied the string tight and set out into the ocean deep. Each stroke cutting smoothly through the water taking him further from shore. He found his rhythm and pressed forward, it was meditative. Tension from the last couple months melted away in the water.

He paused, looking up at the sun, it was starting to get lower in the sky. Time to be heading back, no point in missing the whole point for coming out here. He looked back at the shore, it was farther than he thought. His eyes scanned the coastline and in the distance, he saw a shadowy figure on a horse approaching the alcove. His eyes lit up. Was that her? If it was, she'd make it to the area he prepared before him. He headed back towards shore with vigor.

Aasha wrote:The scent reached her before she reached the cove, bringing a broad grin to her face. The decision to come smelled heavenly, though her eyes automatically scanned for danger. She noted the positioning, relaxing slightly as she discerned that it wasn't a trap, no one was waiting to ambush her. Laughing at her own paranoia, Aasha brought Storm to a halt, sliding off the mare's back and looking around more closely. Ya ken go an' see 'im Storm...jus' bit's 'im if'n he gets outta line... Patting the mare's rump, she watched as Storm wandered over to Kael before it hit her...Obli wasn't here...
obli. wrote:Obli made good time getting back near the shore. Going with the waves was always easier. He stopped and stood in water, just over waist deep. He brushed water out of his face, blinked a couple times and looked around. He saw Aasha looking around the alcove. She came. He grinned as he called out to her. "Heyoo t'ere Aasha!" The air bit at him as he walked up the beach. The muscles in his arms and chest tensed with the cold air. He approached the fire, kneeling down he looked at the fish, taking in the warmth of the fire. "S'rry Aash, meh uh...meh nay be 'spectin' ye b'fer meh took a swim." He looked away a bit embarrassed as he stood. This wasn't exactly how he intended to greet her arrival. He turned his back to her and bent down to grab is pants, pulling them over his shorts. Almost as an after thought, he realized by turning his back to her he exposed the few gnarled scars on his back to her. Instinctively he reached back and touched them, remembering the the beating he took a year before he ran away that had forever left its mark on him. He shuddered. Grabbing his shirt he turned to her before putting it on. "Well, 'tis lookin' like ye be in time," He motioned to the fish "'tis lookin' jes' 'bout finis'd t'meh. Come, 'ave yerself a sit an' r'lax. 'Ave ye some frui' an' meh get ye somet'in' t'drink." He said somewhat rushed and nervous. He took a deep breath, letting it out slowly. He looked at her, his stomach twisting in knots as he silently admired her beauty. She'd come. She'd really come...and he was acting all the more foolish.

Obli.
Obli.
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Post  Obli. Sun Jan 24, 2010 6:07 pm

Aasha wrote:Aasha was startled when Obli's voice came from behind her. Whirling around, heat climbing into her cheeks, she watched as he made his way to shore. What was that fool doing in the water? Wasn't bathing...he wasn't fully undressed. The blush spread from her cheeks to her neck when she realized she was looking at his bare chest, her eyes dropping to the sand, her teeth worrying her lower lip. What was wrong with her?

Her voice came out in a croak as she said hello. - Keep your eyes to yourself girl, it ain't proper to be looking at a man half clothed. Idiot! You want him to know you're uncomfortable? - Ya went swimmin'? Why? Disbelief was in her voice, a small shudder running through her frame. Damn, she'd said why out loud. Rushing to distract him from it, she asked; Isna it too cold ta be messin' 'bout inna wat'r?

Raising her chin, she meant to meet his eyes. Instead, her gaze collided with his back as he turned to dress. Inadvertently moving closer, her hand unconsciously raised to trace the scars, barely brushing against his hand before she dropped hers as if scalded. The girl backed up, awkwardness in her pose, totally missing everything else he said. She focused on her hand in disbelief at its audaciousness, the puckered skin on his back swimming in her mind.

obli. wrote:Was it too cold? How do you explain that it was merely a way to relax? Obli shrugged it off. He was already thinking about something else anyway while he looked at her. Had she really reached out and touched his hand? His memory flashed back to the time when she had shown him the scar on her left shoulder. He remembered how he went to touch her that time. He was more surprised than anything. In an unusual bold moment he took a step forward, gently grasping her hand, he raised it slightly and paused, waiting for her eyes to follow before saying "'Tis a'ight' Aash, ifn ye wants t' touch t'em. Ye would be t'firs'..." He let his voice fall and after some thought added "bu' meh rat'er it be ye t'en an'one else." He looked at her longingly. Then it occurred to him, he should probably tell the story to her. He sighed "'bout a ye'r b'fer meh ran 'way, meh be t'inkin' me nay be t'ere son..." Obli released a soft smirk "Well, 'e nay be likin' it much when meh says so t' 'im." Obli smiled, remembering that spiteful day.

Aasha wrote:She was still staring at her hand when he grasped it, her chin following their clasped hands as he brought it up. Defensiveness in her posture, she tried to glare. I dun wanna touch ya! jus'... Did he say the first? Sighing deeply, the girl willed her body to relax. She knew what memories cost, more than anyone...she couldn't get upset at him when she was the one dredging up his. Even so, she wasn't going to trace his scars, she had nothing to offer to take the pain of his past away.

The look in his eyes hurt, she didn't want anyone to look at her like that. Not now, not anymore. Panic filled her vision, she was breathing heavily, trying to control her emotions. Fight or flight instinct badly wanting to take over. His voice helped, giving her something to concentrate on besides her racing heart. Her voice, when it finally came, was soft, a touch of tenderness she was unaware of in the tone. Does ya gots any good mem'ries o' when ya was lil? Me da was good...'fore I wen' ta live wit' my unkle. Som'tim's thinkin' 'bout 'im help'd when my co'sin was...inna mood... She tightened her fingers briefly in his hand before tugging gently to release hers, conscious of the anguish he was reliving.

obli. wrote:Did he have any good memories? He'd more or less been a prisoner for the first nine years of his life. Then he ran away and things got better. A lot better. "Aye, t'ere was lil' good b'fer meh ran 'way. 'Tis one o' t're'sons meh asked ye down 'ere." Realizing dinner was ready he motioned to her to sit. "Sit, sit. Dinner be re'dy fer eatin'." He poured two mugs of ale, handing her one. Taking the fish from the fire, the tips of his fingers burned. He put his fingers in his mouth and looked up at Aash, he couldn't help but laugh at his folly. The pain quickly subsided. With his one of his better knives, he sliced the fish in half and removed the bones in one movement, just as Eoghan had had him practice. He added a few wedges of lemon to the plate and a handful of berries. Reaching past the fire, he handed the plate to Aasha. "Ifn ye be likin', take t'e lemon an' squeeze it o'er t'e fish." He did it to his own plate as he mentioned it to her. "T'ank ye fer comin' Aash. Meh was t'inkin' t'at meh be eatin' 'lone fer a bit." He waited for he to try the food before continuing.

Obli.
Obli.
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Post  Obli. Sun Jan 24, 2010 6:53 pm

Aasha wrote:Ya ask'd me down 'ere cuz of som'thin' wha' happ'n'd 'fore ya ran 'way? Her eyebrows raised, her thoughts earlier of them butting heads causing her to grin impishly. Lowering herself to the ground, she accepted the ale, taking a deep drink before placing the mug carefully onto the blanket.

Aasha watched him take the fish from the fire, curious about the man standing in front of her. Laughing as he placed his fingers in his mouth, she gasped between breaths; Ya ain't 'posed ta be cookin' yer fing'rs ya knows. Dun thin' yer coolin' 'em off much wit' yer mouth. Gots some salve inna pack if'n yer needin' it lat'r.

She couldn't deny his skill in cooking, the swift work he did of deboning the fish impressive. Taking the plate, Aasha looked down at the fish, then back to him, the last time she cook flashed through her mind. This looked nothing like when she fixed fish. Ya sure this is re'dy ta be eatin'? Mimicking the movements, she squeezed a piece of lemon onto the fish, wincing and muttering something about stupid moves as it squirted up into her eye.

obli. wrote:No, that wasn't exactly what he meant. How to convey this to her? "Nay Aash, meh wan'ed ye 'ere t'share somet'in wit ye. Ye be seein' soon 'nough." Obli watched intently as she sipped the ale. Well, at least it didn't appear she was drinking nervously.

Her laughter feel on his ears and seemed to wrap him in warmth. This was the happiest he'd ever seen her. He beamed and smiled while he shook his head.
"Meh fin'ers be a'ight. Meh live. Lil' 'eat ne'er 'urt nob'dy." His eyes flashed at her with delight. It was a treasure having her here with him.

Was he sure it was ready to eat? Of course it was.
"Aye,'tis re'dy. Give it a try, 'tis som't'in meh learned t'cook ye'rs 'go. One o' meh fav'rites fer sur'." He watched her eagerly, hoping to see her reaction first hand. Without taking his eyes off her he took a utensil and grabbed a bite of the fish for himself. The flavors of herbs, lemons and fish dancing around his mouth. He'd impressed himself this time.

Last edited by Obli. on Thu Jan 28, 2010 12:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Obli.
Obli.
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Post  Aasha Sun Jan 24, 2010 8:16 pm

Aasha wrote:Ya is sharin' som'thin' wit' me Obli...yer cookin'. He'd piqued her curiosity again though, what else had he planned to do here? Normally, the thought would give her pause, making her tense and uneasy. For some reason though, Aasha was not, she found herself relaxing in spite of whatever else he had in mind, determined to try and enjoy the meal and the company regardless.

Once he'd assured her the fish was indeed done, Aasha leaned forward, grabbing a utensil before spearing a piece and bringing it to her mouth. Her eyes lit up as the flavor burst upon her tongue, the taste much different from her burnt offerings. Ya le'rn'd ta cooks good Obli, 'tis my turn ta be thankin' ya fer fix'n' it fer me. She let her words drift off as she began to eat, having to slow herself down to appreciate the subtleties of the flavors.

obli. wrote:Obli smiled. "Meh cookin'? Aye, meh guess ye righ', bu' 'tis nay whet meh mean. It nay be long now."

Obli's eyes sparkled as she complimented his cooking and continued eating. He was grinning widely. "Glad ye be likin' it Aash, be mos' 'appy t'be cookin' fer ye an'time. 'Tis grand t'be cookin' fer one who like it." Obli looked out over the water. It was time. The sun was setting. It was what he had been waiting for. The sun had turned a fiery red spreading orange flames across the water. Above the orange flames were caps of blues and violets, ascending into the night sky. the occasional green wisp pierced the violet and blue. Obli set his plate down, half eaten and stretched his feet out towards the water. He leaned back on the blanket with his elbows taking in the beauty of the natural wonder. "She sure is beautiful." He said aloud.

Aasha wrote:Ingrained habits had taken over despite her slowing herself down. Aasha blushed as she looked down and saw her now empty plate. Yer wantin' ta be my cook th'n? Wasna plannin' on hir'n' one ya knows. She made as if to rise, intending on washing her plate in the water, only then noticing that Obli's was still half full. He'd not noticed her own, a small blessing that she took advantage of, placing it to the side and out of her way as she reached for the ale.

Settling back on the blanket, the girl glanced at her companion, the colors of the sunset causing shadows to dance across his face. He really was an odd man, not acting like any she'd been around before. Sharing bits of his past with her that even made her pause, yet showing none of the discomfort she herself showed when things slipped about hers. Her eyes drawn to the water, she watched the colors seep into their surface, enjoying the natural display. She'd always been too busy, running, hiding, sleeping, fighting...never taking the time to relax, let alone to watch the sun go down. When Obli spoke, Aasha found herself looking around the cove, a bit confused. Who ya talkin' 'bout?
Aasha
Aasha
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Obli. Mon Jan 25, 2010 12:58 am

obli. wrote:Obli chuckled at the idea of Aasha hiring him as a cook. He stood and his eyes caught an empty plate next to her. Grinning be bent down and picked up his plate, plucking some berries off of it an eating them while he walked over to her. "Goo' b'cuz meh nay be 'pplyin' fer a job as yer cook." He grinned playfully. "'owe'er, meh 'ways t'ought t'at meals were fer sharin' wit' t'ose ye like. Heck Aash, meh be willin' t'cook fer ye e'ery day ifn it ment t'at meh get t'be sharin' a meal wit ye. Ne'er charge a' all fer cookin'." He sat sat down next to her. Toes digging into the sand. "Ye be wan'in' some mor'? 'Tis yers ifn ye wan' it. Bu' be savin' room fer a small deser' an' drink." He set the plate in front of her.

Obli motioned out to the sunset with his hand. "Meh be talkin' 'bout 'er. All t'e colurs an' such." As he drew his hand back, he reached around Aasha and placed his hand on her opposite shoulder. His thumb moved slowly back an forth across her shoulder. It was a dangerous move, but he chanced it anyway. The he started to tell her why he asked her here. "Meh ask'd ye t'come 'ere b'cuz meh wan'ed t'share t'e sunset wit ye. Ye askd meh ifn t'ere be goo' in meh life b'fer runnin' 'way. T'is be it. Those nigh's when meh be mout'y t' t'e old folks, an' t'ere be many o' t'em, as meh tol' ye a bit back t'ey woul' make meh watch t'e chil'ren eats infron' o' meh. Well, af'er dinner, t'ey woul' pu' meh ina room, ye see, wit on'y a bed an' a win'ow. T'ose nigh's meh on'y frien' be t'e sunset. Meh came t'know 'er well. T' t'is day, meh try t'be ca'chin' 'er when meh ken. 'Bout tim' meh be sharin' it wit someone spec'al t'meh." Obli sat there watching as the colors in the sky slowly faded away, uncertain as to how Aasha was taking all this. If nothing else, he was grateful the sunset had put on an amazing show for them.

Aasha wrote:Well hell, he'd gone and stood up so he could see her empty plate. And now he was offering her his? Eyes widened in surprise as Aasha lifted them to his face. Fer me...meals was always som'thin' ya eats inna hurry. Hopin' ya ken gets 'nuff ta fill yer belly 'fore yer plate ain't in fron' o' ya nom'res. I'm glad ya shar'd yers wit' me Obli, but ya ain't gotta giv's me wha' ya gots lef'. Ya ken fin'sh yer plate. Aasha didn't go into details, not sharing how one bite was all she got before her cousin came home. Nor how many meals she'd missed, or how angry her cousin got if she tried to cook and burned the food, throwing the plates at her as he yelled. Didn't say how often she picked the broken pottery out of the food and salvaged what she could, hiding it in her room to eat later on the nights he'd go into rages and beat her. She said none of that aloud, but her eyes reflected the pain of those thoughts.

The flashes were disturbing, distracting her enough that she took no notice as he sat beside her. At least not at first. She let his voice wash over her, soothing as he spoke of the sunset. Until...the girl flinched, biting her lower lip and looking at him with something akin to terror on her face. Wha' ya doin'? Stiffening until she was almost rigid beside him, she took deep breaths, trying to convince herself that he didn't mean her harm. It was Obli, not Thomas. Obli..

She wasn't watching the sunset any longer, barely seeing his face. Another hand tightened on her shoulder, hissing insults in her ear. Throwing her to the floor, his boots rhythmically striking her shoulder, over and over until the skin broke and bled. Her body reacted as she whimpered beside him, her knees coming up to her chest, her arms wrapping around them, trying to make herself a smaller target. Ple'se...

obli. wrote:Aasha's reaction startled Obli. The look of terror on her face seemed to make it clear that this had nothing to do with him specifically. This went beyond him. Didn't it? Jah, he hoped so. Reacting instinctively, he did the only thing he could think of, he wrapped her in an embrace, as if to shield her from whatever it was that terrorized her. He'd never seen anything like this before. "Aash," he called out to her. "it be a'ight, nob'dy ken 'urt ya. 'Tis jes' meh, Obli!" He held her tight, trying to comfort her, fear growing inside him. In that moment he would have given anything to take that terror, that held her, away. "Aash! Aash, look at meh." He pleaded, a tear rolling down his face.

Obli.
Obli.
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Post  Obli. Mon Jan 25, 2010 1:39 am

Aasha wrote:Trapped, she was trapped. She couldn't run, couldn't hide, couldn't escape. But no...that was wrong. She'd hit him with a shovel, she'd run away. He hadn't held her like this... Obli's frantic voice penetrated as things stopped making sense in the flashback. Thomas was dead, his friend as well. She could fight back now. They couldn't hurt her...not anymore. Why couldn't she move?

She finally focused on Obli's face, the teardrop catching her eye first. He was holding her too tight, what had she done? Obli? Umm...ya...ya ken lets go now. Aasha's eyes were haunted. Lowering her head, she took a deep breath and sighed. Did..did I hurts ya?

obli. wrote:Obli tilted his head back to look at Aasha. She seemed to have returned. His grip slackened. He lowered himself back so he was sitting on his feet, his right hand gingerly passed back and forth between her shoulders. He wasn't sure if it was more comforting to him or her. 'Whet? 'Urt meh?" Obli was a bit dazed. "Oh, nay, nay nay nay, ye nay 'urt meh Aash, ye nay 'urt meh a' all." He tried to force a soft chuckle, it came out more like a "Heh". Obli brought his hand from her back and gently brushed her cheek a couple times, as if to reassure her, before settling back down beside her. His breathing was steady and deep. "Jes' a lil' frigh', 'tis all Aash. Not'in' meh ken nay 'andle." He was trying to keep his voice smooth and calming.

Obli.
Obli.
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Post  Obli. Tue Jan 26, 2010 12:56 am

Aasha wrote:The effects of the flashback lingered, her lip was bleeding where she'd bit down so hard. She was vaguely aware of his touch on her back, still struggling to put things into perspective. She'd seen the tear, yet he claimed she hadn't hurt him. Looking down at her arms wrapped so tightly around her legs, she knew he was right. She hadn't been in any shape to hurt him, reverting back to a child rather than the girl who had run, feeling powerless again. Is this what she was to suffer all over again? Aasha thought she had buried them all, the whispers of her past dampened and gone. She hadn't had nightmares in so long...not until Donnor left. Now they were back....why were they back? Was it simply that she no longer felt...felt what? She didn't want to feel anything, did she?

Confusion clouded her vision as she raised her eyes to his. His reaction confounded her more than her own. Why is ya scar'd? She supposed she owed him an explanation, but it wasn't one she wanted to give. Not now, not ever.

- Fool girl! Maybe the memories have power because you won't talk to anybody.

No, I can't tell! Can't share!

You're an idgit Ash. You'd rather be miserable?

No one can help, I can't be weak, not again.

You already have. Hell girl, you just were. You couldn't do anything to help yourself. You never can.

Just shut up! Stop it. I don't need your help, don't need anyone... -

She was lying, even to herself, and knew it. Just didn't want to face it. Aasha shut her eyes tight, forcing the voices in her head to be quiet, then scrambled to her feet. I...I thinks I sh'uld go 'ome now Obli. Thanks...fer...jus'...

obli. wrote:Was he scared? No...right? Well, not for himself...but her? Yeah. "Nay Aash, meh nay be scar'd jes'...jes' wor'ied 'bout ye bein' safe. Meh jes'-" Obli's sentence broke off as he looked up at Aasha.

She wasn't hearing him. She was miles away in thought. She broke the silence with words he didn't want to hear. Leave? Without thinking, Obli bolted up to his knees. His hand shot out to catch her arm, wrists, hand, anything. As it made contact he looked up at her with deep concern in his eyes, eyes that seemed to implore her to stay.
"Ple'se Aash, nay be leavin'...nay like t'is..." He rose to his feet, not wanting to let go of her, keeping his eyes locked on her the whole time. "Aash, meh nay mean' t'make t'nigh' 'bout ye openin' up t'meh, actu'ly t'e ot'er way 'round was meh 'opes, but..." He paused, biting the inside of his lip, he pressed forward. "Ye nay 'ave t'be 'lone Aash, let meh be 'ere fer ye...please?" He relaxed his grip and let his hand fall to his side. He looked at her adamantly. "Meh nay be runnin' from ye, no mat'er whet ye say or do. Meh be pr'misin' ye t'at. Jes'...jes' give meh a chance an' nay do it 'lone." He lowered his head and stared into the fire.

Aasha wrote:I ain't safe 'ere? Wha' ya gonna try'n do ta me? I'd be warnin' ya...if'n ya tri's hurtin' me, I'll be makin' sure ya dun le'ves yer cove. She knew he didn't mean it that way, but acknowledging what he meant would mean admitting to more than what she was ready to face. Which in that moment, was nothing. She was leaving, it was much safer that way for them both...especially her.

Before she could turn to find Storm, her wrist was captured in his grip. Eyes flashing, she flicked her wrist, the dagger sliding smoothly into her hand. She'd brought it around to his side without thinking, the look in his eyes when they met hers the only thing that made her pause before burying it deep. Nae likes wha' Obli? Why is ya doin' this ta me?

Aasha lowered the knife, trying to force herself to lower her gaze as well. But something in his caught her attention, challenging her in ways she didn't understand. Why Obli? I dun... Fatigue dragged at her, she was so tired of fighting everything and everyone, including herself. Physically she could handle herself, mentally she wasn't doing so well. Turning away, she skirted the fire and headed to the water's edge.

obli. wrote:Obli followed her, pausing to pick up some stones, then walked up beside her a short distance away from her. "Ye be knowin' dern well meh be doin' not'in' t'ye." he said a little sterner than he intended. He paused, tossing stone after stone into the ocean. "Aash, meh ken tell ye been 'urt mor' t'en meh ken imagine. An' ye 'ave nay re'son t'be trus'in' anot'er man." He turned to face her, taking a deep breath and exhaling. "Ifn ye wants t'be leavin'..." Obli motioned solemnly towards the horses with his hand letting it fall back to his side. "jes' know meh 'ere an' t'at ain't changin'. When ye nay long'r wants t'be 'lone wit yer fears, meh be 'ere re'dy t'be stan'in' by yer side." He hadn't intended to sound so defeated. He turned away from her, looking out over the ocean. The sky was getting darker and the moon grew brighter. "Meh re'dy t'be t'ere fer ye when ye be re'dy fer meh." The waves seemed to dance in the moonlight.

Last edited by Obli. on Thu Jan 28, 2010 12:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Obli.
Obli.
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Post  Obli. Tue Jan 26, 2010 1:53 am

Aasha wrote:But ya is... She was unaware she'd spoken aloud, refusing to look at him, even when she saw the stones hitting the water. He was affecting her, more than she wanted to face, even if she couldn't figure out why. If he'd been almost anyone else, she would have already left, lashing out and making sure he was hurting as badly as her before she did.

Dragging her boot into the soft sand from where she stood to the water's edge, she watched as the tide washed it away, uncaring that it was getting her best boots wet. She repeated the movement, then began to murmur, gesturing with her dagger. Ya sees this? I ken draw 'ere, an' the wat'r wash's it 'way, likes it was nev'r there. 'tw'uld be eas'r if'n we ken does the same wit' our pas'. Her lashes were glittering in the moonlight, though no tears fell.

Aasha turned towards Obli, sincerity in her tone. I dun been brok'n...some 'urts ya jus' dun com's bac' from. I...yer my fri'n' an' I ain't tryin' ta 'urts ya. Bu' its som'thin' I'm good at. Bett'r'n anythin' else. I canna be wha' ya wants, dun ya sees tha'? Sliding the dagger back into its sheath, she walked closer to him, unthinkingly brushing her hand across his arm as she passed. I'm sorry Obli...mor'n ya knows.

obli. wrote:Obli reached out and gently touched her shoulder to keep her from walking away. He squared himself so he was looking right at her. Taking a small step towards her, he embraced her. He pulled his head back a bit so he could look her in the eyes. "Aash, meh know ye prolly t'ink meh daft fer sayin' t'is but," Obli breathed in and let it out fast. "meh do want ye Aash, jes' as ye be. Broken bits an' all. Meh ne'er been mor' sur' t'en meh be righ' now. Ain't an't'in' ye ken say or do t'make meh change meh mind." He leaned forward and kissed her gently, lovingly. Then, as if by habit, he slowly took a step back, breaking the embrace. He saw Aasha, the moonlight gently caressing her face. Watching her, he stood still, ready for whatever would come next.

Obli.
Obli.
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Post  Obli. Wed Jan 27, 2010 1:55 am

Aasha wrote:Sheer instinct took over the moment Obli's arms went around her. The knife was drawn and released before it dawned on Aasha exactly what happened. Though it had been tender, the feel of his lips pressed to hers lingered. She didn't stop to think whether she'd liked it or not, letting outrage consume her. How dare he?!? Wha' does ya thin' yer doin'? She was stalking closer, another dagger already resting in her right hand. Nev'rmin'...ya dun thinks 'tall does ya? The index finger on her left hand was out, stabbing into his chest in emphasis of each word, the dagger moving towards his thigh. This wha' ya be aft'r? Kissin' me? Yer gonna be the one brok'd, mor'n yer 'ead alre'dy is! Damn hig' hand'd idgit man thinkin' ya ken tak's wha' ya wants an' nae ev'n checks if'n its som'thin' a girl wants too?

obli. wrote:Obli was in a haze when dagger flung by him, splitting the top of his knuckle open. He was in shock. Her fingers pounding into his chest brought him back to the present. Obli was looking at Aasha, surprised by his own actions too. He could almost see the rage radiating off her. Could he blame her? No. He stood there, a willingness to face whatever anger she threw at him overcame him. "Yer right' Aash, meh be wrong. Meh be 'avin' nay righ' t'do t'at. Meh s'rry. Meh nay planned fer t'at t' 'appen." His eyes held a sincerity like never before. He wanted desperately to continue looking in her eyes, but he couldn't. He turned his head away toward the ocean, biting his lower lip. The metallic taste of copper slowly diffused into his mouth. He wasn't trying to fight her at all.

Aasha wrote:Yer damn rights it were wrong. Ya dun gots a righ' ta be touchin' me 'tall. Ev'n by 'em damn fool lady rules! Ya isna marr'ed ta me, ya isna fam'ly. Yer 'posed ta be my fri'nd. She had wound herself up too much to easily calm down, the sincerity rang in his voice, but she couldn't hear past the roar in her ears. I ain't no dox'e ya ken use an' throw 'way!

She was so intent on her anger, her finger still jamming into his chest in punctuation. When he turned to look out at the ocean, it fanned the flames higher. She took it as a rejection, as if he'd decided what she had to say was not important. Looks a' me damm't!

Common sense took flight, the girl was determined he understand how it felt to have something forced upon them they didn't choose. An' how would ya likes it if'n som'one did the same ta ya? Stepping between him and the ocean so he'd be forced to look at her, the girl leaned up and kissed him hard. Shocking herself when she realized what she'd done, she brought her knee up before scrambling back, almost falling in her haste to get away.

obli. wrote:Obli doubled over and gasped. Was he delusional? Or had she just kissed him? She kissed him! Pain. Obli groaned. His vision wavered. But she'd kissed him. He coughed. "Well Aash," He took a strained breath. The pain began to fade as the endorphins kicked in he rose slowly. "meh nay be t'rowin' dagg'rs at t'em, t'at be fer sure. An' ifn it be ye t'at kisses meh, meh woul' jes' kiss ye righ' back." He grinned. Taking a step forward he winced, erasing the grin. "Ye 'aight? Meh ne'er woul' 'ave guess'd kissin' meh be makin' som'one almos' fall." He flashed a teasing grin and chuckled.

Obli.
Obli.
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Post  Obli. Wed Jan 27, 2010 1:57 am

obli. wrote:Obli doubled over and gasped. Was he delusional? Or had she just kissed him? She kissed him! Pain. Obli groaned. His vision wavered. But she'd kissed him. He coughed. "Well Aash," He took a strained breath. The pain began to fade as the endorphins kicked in he rose slowly. "meh nay be t'rowin' dagg'rs at t'em, t'at be fer sure. An' ifn it be ye t'at kisses meh, meh woul' jes' kiss ye righ' back." He grinned. Taking a step forward he winced, erasing the grin. "Ye 'aight? Meh ne'er woul' 'ave guess'd kissin' meh be makin' som'one almos' fall." He flashed a teasing grin and chuckled.

Aasha wrote:She waited, sure the ground beneath her would open her up and swallow her whole, just so she wouldn't have to face her own mortification. Aasha even hoped for a fleeting minute that she was dreaming. But even in her worst nightmares she'd never done anything as senseless as what she'd just done. And for what? He didn't understand, how could he if he actually wanted her to kiss him. Me an' ya...we ain't the same. Ya jus' dun...

Aasha gave up on explaining, what was the point now? Seeing the pain, her eyes widened as he grinned. The girl took a step back when Obli moved forward, narrowing her eyes when he laughed. I didna...ya didna mak's me fall. I... Her brain caught up with her mouth, cutting the words off as she stared at him, oblivious to the water lapping against her boots.

obli. wrote:Obli shrugged. He turned a walked over to the knife she threw. He picked it up and walked over to her, extending it to her hilt first. "Ifn ye be wan'in', meh ken take it an' keep t'e salt from 'urtin' it. Meh jes' 'ave som'b'dy let meh use t'eir forge." He'd let her decide to take it or not. He frowned when she stopped herself. "Ye whet?" He queried with a smile. He wasn't letting her off that easy. He'd cooked her a nice dinner, bled for her and was still trying to recover from getting kneed in the most painful of places.

Aasha wrote:She still had the second dagger in her hand, having totally forgotten it until Obli held out the one she'd thrown. I knows 'ow ta be takin' care o' my dagg'rs. Sighing inwardly, she sheathed the one she held, then accepted the second. As she did so, she glanced down, then started giggling. 'sides...I'm thinkin' this dagg'r's dun needs ya ta do nothin' to it. The laughter broke the tension she was feeling, her embarrassment fleeing along with it. Reversing the hilt to hand it back, she continued to giggle, waiting for him to realize what she meant.

Obli.
Obli.
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Post  Obli. Wed Jan 27, 2010 1:59 am

obli. wrote:Obli looked down at the dagger, recognizing it as the one he gave her, he laughed. He touched the hand that held the dagger and gently pushed it back towards her. "Meh nay be askin' fer it back yet." He paused, hesitated, decided to go for it anyway. "So, t'at be on'y ou' o' spite? Or.." He smiled warmly, hoping she'd get what he was implying.

Aasha wrote:Ya knows...I'll only be off'rin' it backs so many times 'fore I keeps it. Shaking her head, she continued to grin as she put the dagger away. Wha' be outta spite? Aasha glanced up at him, then blushed as she discerned his meaning. She so didn't want to go there, but had a feeling he wasn't going to let it go. 'twas a mist'ke. I sh'uld nae... Dropping her eyes along with her voice, the girl admitted; I wasna thinkin' rights. I...it was wrong o' me ta be doin' the same ta ya. I want'd ya to unn'rst'nd tha' ya canna be forcin'...

Aasha desperately wanted to change the subject. She was staring at her hands as if they could give her answers when something she'd seen fully registered. Raising her chin to his face, she gestured towards his hand. Yer bleedin'. Ya needs ta be cleanin' tha'. Ya dun wan' it ta be gettin' no inf''kshin'. 'em healin' folk wanna puts leech's on ya, an' they's icky.

obli. wrote:"T'en stop yer tryin' now an' keep it." He nodded as if to make the point clearer. "Aash, ye nay done a t'in' wrong wit meh. Sur' meh be lovin' t'ear t'at it act'ly meant some't'in' t'ye but...ye nay done meh wrong Aash, nay like meh did t'ye." He reached his hand out to gently touch hers.

He looked down at his hand. It hadn't occurred to him that he was bleeding still. "Eh, it be a'righ'. Not'in' a lil' sea wa'er ken nay be fixin'." He knelt down and washed if in the ocean, the ocean water stung as it hit the cut. It cleared his head. As he stood he reiterated his earlier question. "Ifn kissin' meh nay be makin' ye almos' fall, t'en whet was ye goin' t'say it be?" He smiled knowingly at her.

Last edited by Obli. on Thu Jan 28, 2010 12:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Obli.
Obli.
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Post  Aasha Wed Jan 27, 2010 9:16 am

He really had to stop doing things she didn’t expect, keeping her off balance wasn’t good for either of them, not when her reactions were so…unpredictable. She wasn’t totally ignorant and didn’t issue any false protestations about the gift, though she didn’t quite know how to express thanks for it either. Aasha only nodded in thanks, her hand absently reaching back to rub the hilt of the dagger before dropping back to her side. His hand on hers brought her eyes up. Ummm…ev’n if’n ya ain’t ups’t…it wasna rights o’ me ta be… This was so hard, why had she been so impetuous?
Letting her voice trail off, she watched as he knelt, washing the wound in the water. It reminded her that she was standing ankle deep in the surf, the leather of her good boots probably ruined by the salt. Even she knew salt stung, she had firsthand experience of that. Waiting to hear him yelp, she grinned slightly, waiting for the yelp that never happened. He was back on that subject again, much to her agitation. Ya needs ta be wrappin’ it in som’thin’. An’ I needs ta be gettin’ ‘way from the wat’r ‘fore my boots isna wort’ wearin’ ‘tall…

She passed him then, slowly making her way towards the fire, knowing he wasn’t going to let her get away with not answering him. Men, bah, they had to make things so difficult, couldn’t leave things alone even when she wanted them to. Her back was to him when she answered. I wasna thinkin’ ‘bout wha’ I was doin’. Ain’t som’thin’ I does…kissin’ n’body. Nae ev’n when I been mad ‘fore.
Aasha
Aasha
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Obli. Wed Jan 27, 2010 11:56 am

"T'be whet? Kissin' meh back?" Obli grinned, chuckling a bit. "A kiss frem ye, t'at be like a dream come tru, 'specially ifn it came frem yer 'eart." Obli shrugged, a bit embarrassed. "Looky 'ere Aash, meh be wrong. Meh put ye put ye on t'e spot, a'ful bad. An' fer t'at meh ask yer fergiveness." He let his head hang down. "'Tis jes' t'at...meh been runnin' fer so long, runnin' frem feelin', runnin' frem r'memb'rin'...runnin' frem 't'all. An' since meh met ye, meh..." He sighed, and looked up at her. "Meh nay fel' like meh 'ave t'be runnin' an'mor'." There. He said it.

He nodded and she spoke about getting out of the water. Obli followed her back to the fire, but continued walking past it towards Kael in silence. He opened a sack, removing a piece of linen it, and wrapped it tightly around his hand, covering the knuckle. He headed back to the fire as she continued talking. "Well, 'tis nice knowin' ye nay make it a 'abit t'be kissin' pe'ple ye mad at." He teased, continuing before she could say anything. "Aash," His hands motioned as if to tell her to slow down. "Ye nay be needin' t'splain yerself t'meh. Meh gets it. Meh wants t'be caring fer ye like meh 'eart is achin' t'do, an' ye nay be wan'in' an't'in' t'do wit t'at. 'Tis a'igh'. Re'ly." Obli shrugged matter-of-factly. He put another log on the fire and started to sit down. Obli's eyes went wide as he remembered something and he stood back up. "Oh, meh al'mos' ferget! He exclaimed an jogged back over to Kael, searching in a rucksack for something.
Obli.
Obli.
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Post  Aasha Thu Jan 28, 2010 2:58 pm

How ken a kiss be from my h’art? It’s my lips wha’ I be kissin’ wit... As soon as she uttered the words, Aasha felt like a fool, realizing what he’d meant. Blushing with embarrassment, she turned to look towards him, hoping he wouldn’t laugh and extremely grateful for the dark. She listened to him speak of running, the words striking a chord. Runnin’ dun alw’ys works rights. When ya stops...tha’s when ya gets caught. Ev’n if’n the only time yer stoppin’ is when yer sleepin’. Mem’r’es catch’s ya off g’ard, an’ hits tha’ much hard’r then.

Aasha paused, staring blindly into the flames, the feeling of kinship with Obli surprising her. They really did have more in common than she expected. Unfortunately for them both, the shared experiences were painful ones rather than something to laugh over. Still staring at the fire, she continued; I ran fer a long time...ran from my co’sin, ran from mem’r’es...too scar’d ta stops. Scar’d ta be mys’lf. Hid, chang’d wha’ I be lookin’ likes. I been tryin’ ta fin’ mys’lf now tha’ he lef’ me.

She was only halfway paying attention to him as she spoke, so missed him walking past her. When his voice came from behind her, Aasha jumped, then spun around to face him. I dun makes it no hab’t ‘tall... Shaking her head, she felt her cheeks growing hotter as he teased. I likes ya Obli...yer my fr'en'. Tha’ be all I ken off’r ya now. Can’t tha’ be ‘nuff?

Aasha moved to sit as he did, visibly startled when Obli jumped up to head back to Kael. She briefly wondered if he’d decided to leave since it was obvious that she was not...even if she should...until he mentioned forgetting something. Taking the time to pull her soggy boots and stockings off, the girl stretched her legs towards the fire.
Aasha
Aasha
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Obli. Thu Jan 28, 2010 4:23 pm

Where had he put it? Oh right, other side. Obli had taken everything in that Aasha said, but remained quiet while he searched the other rucksack. He quickly found what he was looking for. He walked back to the fire quietly, sitting down with a jar and a couple of oranges in his had. Using a dagger to cut the orange in half, he held out half of the orange to Aasha. The smell of sweet citrus floated to his nose, he could tell they would taste wonderful. Having a friend like Eoghan who appreciated good food came in handy from time to time. "Dessert Aash?" He asked, temporarily ignoring her question. Looking around, he took both of the mugs, tipping them to ensure they were empty and he filled them with some of the brew he had picked up when he was last at Eoghan's house. The one that was just sweet enough, with berry flavors and some wild undertone Obli still couldn't place. Remembering the last time he gaver her a special brew, he made note to mention this wouldn't be harsh like the last time, infact this one was smooth. "An' a dessert drink too. Pr'mise, 'tis nay as 'arsh as t'e las' time in t'e tavern." He grinned remembering the night as he held out the mug to her.

With that completed, he looked up at Aasha and watched as the light from the fire seemed to caress her face. She was stunningly beautiful.
"Aye Aash, 'tis 'nough. A'ways 'as been 'nough." He layed down on his side, facing the fire and her, propped up by his arm. Biting into the orange, he closed his eyes as the sweet citrus flooded his senses. He opened to them to look back at her. "T'at nay be keepin' meh frem yernin' fer mor'." Obli shrugged the best he could while laying on his side. "Ain't like meh plann'd t'be fallin' fer t'e girl who be puttin' meh in jail." He laughed softly as he remembered one of their earlier encounters. At one time he had been furious about it, now, he looked back at it and could only laugh about it. What was one day after all? Nothing big. He rolled onto his back, looking up at the stars. "Meh t'ink it be when ye 'anded me t'e rag fer meh 'and. Jes'...jes' made ye diff'rent frem t'e o'ters. Obli layed there in quiet thought for a moment before adding "Aash, ifn meh could be fergettin' meh feelin's fer ye, meh would. Meh be knowin' 'ow 'appier 't'would make ye an' 'ow e'sier t'in's be fer ye. Jah be knowin' meh nay be wan'in' t'make yer life 'arder. But meh ken nay do it." He rolled back onto his side to face Aasha again and look at her. "Meh s'rry, Aash" He uttered, quickly diverting his eyes so he was staring into the fire.
Obli.
Obli.
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Post  Aasha Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:18 pm

She wasn't really hungry after the fish, especially given how quickly she'd eaten it, but the smell of the orange was heavenly. It also gave her something to concentrate on besides her cursedly loose tongue. Taking a bite of the fruit, she let the taste linger, chewing slowly. Accepting the mug, Aasha grinned impishly, relaxing enough to tease; Ain't tryin' ta po'son me rights? I ken prolly drink ya unn'r a table if'n I want'd...an' nae needin' a should'r ta be gettin' 'ome prop'r ne'th'r.

Taking a sip, she wrinkled her nose. It was much sweeter than the whiskey she'd become accustomed to, but tasted much better than the mushroom mixture she carried almost by habit in her flask. Her eyebrows rose as he laid down, wondering at the total trust he had in her when she had so little control most of the time. It wasn't something she did easily, relaxing like that, though she could feel a little of the tension seep out of her. The crackle of the fire was soothing, and when they weren't arguing or pushing each other, he was good company. With that thought in mind, she pushed back her natural defensiveness at his words. There was a teasing lilt lingering in her voice when she spoke. I was a wolf fer a while ya knows...in England. Lef' an' dun plan on goin' backs. Ain't nev'r been a 'ound though...an' dun acts lik's one neith'r. Hits me wrong. Yer day inna jail didna 'urts ya none noh'w.

She was startled when he mentioned the rag and her being different, she didn't feel different than anyone else she chose to run with. Well, not where it showed, her inner turmoil went unnoticed by all but a select few. But to hear him say he'd change his feelings to make it easier on her...searching as best she could in the moonlight, she whispered. Umm...ya... Sighing, she drew he knees up, resting her chin on them, no longer interested in the fruit. Nothin' been easy fer me since I was a y'ungin'. Ain't sure which is eas'r...havin' a few ye'rs good, then bein' tre'ted bad likes I was, or wha' ya went through. I us'd ta think o' my da an' mum at nights. Didna have no wind'w ta be lookin' a' the moon. Had stabl's ta be goin' to, horses ta be carin' for. They dun looks a' ya odd, jus' lets ya brush 'em an' talks ta 'em an list'ns. Was wh're I could hide. Slept there more oft'n than inna room...

Shaking herself, she smiled wistfully into the flames. Some thin's ain't so bad 'memb'rin'. Yer a good list'n'r Obli.
Aasha
Aasha
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Obli. Thu Jan 28, 2010 11:47 pm

obli. wrote:Obli fell onto his back laughing as she teased him about poisoning her. Remembering the ever so familiar, yet difficult to drink, brew he shared with her a while back. "Yeah, meh ask'd ye down 'ere to cook ye goo' food, steal a kiss - or two" He turned his head on the last part and winked at her "t'en feed ye pois'n." Obli's playful sarcasm got the best of him as he laughed still harder.

Obli rolled back over to his side so he was facing her once again. He smirked as she made a face trying Eoghan's brew. He'd guessed it was something vastly different than what she was used to, it had been for him. His eyes went wide with excitement as she told him she had been a wolf once. He fought to keep his mouth shut by biting his lip. The opportunities for teasing abounded. He remembered indirectly calling her a hound the first time they ever crossed paths.
"Well, t'be fair, meh was nay talkin' 'bout ye. Meh be addressin' t'e people t'at came t'meh 'ome t'do 'arm." He looked apologetically at her, knowing what he said would mean little to her. At least he'd shut his mouth about the wolf thing. Nothing good would come from him pushing that issue.

He was a bit relieved when she moved beyond the whole wolf thing. Everyone has their breaking point and he was reaching his for teasing her relentlessly. He listened intently as she talked abut pleasant memories from her past. He took notice that she didn't have her usual reservations. He kept his eyes on her as she spoke about her parents, horses, nice things. It wasn't so much that he stared, but rather that he provide her with eye contact to be used as she desired. He compliment caught him off guard, he smiled a bit embarrassed.
"Meh..." he was not sure how to put it, sighing he tried for it "meh a'ways be 'appy t'lis'en t'ye, meh be 'ones'ly in'eres'ed in whet ye 'ave t'be sharin' or sayin'." He was used to putting her off guard, not the other way around. He shuffled his posture while he laid there, a bit uncomfortable being off guard. He focused back on her, trying to take in all she would share with him. He hadn't intended for the night to be about her opening up, just the opposite actually, but he wasn't about to stop her either.
Obli.
Obli.
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Post  Aasha Fri Jan 29, 2010 9:38 pm

She really was losing it. Shaking her head, she smiled ruefully when he teased, even when it was about the kisses. W’uldna serpr’se me if’n ya was. Ya dun do much I’m ‘xp’ctin’ ya to. She’d never seen anyone as uninhibited as him, he wasn’t trying to hide anything from her. Knowing just a little of his past, she was shocked. Aasha couldn’t imagine letting herself go and reacting naturally, usually her doing so was due to impulsiveness, not just because she was at ease.

Aasha sighed, thinking of the army she had dropped from, and why. There was a burning desire to confront Donnor growing inside her, a rage at how he’d so easily dismissed her. She wanted to put it behind her, to be whole again, but had not been given the opportunity to do so. She’d not been ready when they marched, had tried to follow but could not force herself to follow one who’d wronged her so badly. She left the subject alone, not wanting to explain her motivations for that. The girl slowly realized she enjoyed talking to him, liked that he listened without making her feel silly or judging her. That he understood her, or seemed to. Absently taking another sip from the mug, she let the silence deepen, glowing a bit from the compliment, even if unsure how to react. Glancing over, she smiled shyly. M'ybe tha's why... Aasha hesitated, trying to puzzle it out internally.
Aasha
Aasha
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Obli. Sat Jan 30, 2010 1:33 am

Obli nodded and winked at her. "Meh a'ways be t'inkin', ifn ye t'ink a girl be real pretty, ye 'as t'be keepin' 'er on 'er toes. W'ere be t'e fun in doin' whet she be 'spectin'? Jes' seems borin' t'meh." He grinned. Figuring that compliment wasn't going to go over well. There just wasn't any winning with her - and he accepted that fact a while ago.

Obli let the silence sit there, untouched. He always secretly preferred company where sitting quietly, not talking, and being perfectly content was possible. Not that he didn't like conversation, just the relationships where silence wasn't creepy seemed...deeper, more genuine. He took the time to admire her beauty. He recalled that day, when leaving the jail house. One of the first times he seen her in sunlight. She'd caught his attention then, though he hadn't wanted to admit it, you know, while the whole 'throwing him in jail' thing was still fresh. She'd grown more and more breathtaking with each passing day. When she broke the silence, he quickly returned from his thoughts. Maybe that's why? Maybe that's why, what? Should he ask? Careful. This wasn't supposed to be about prying into her history. But that already kind of went out the window. He settled for a relaxing
"Hmmmm?" He let the subtle sound hold all the meaning she cared to let it.
Obli.
Obli.
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Post  Aasha Sat Jan 30, 2010 1:49 am

Aasha giggled and arched a brow. An' 'ere ya said I was purty...yet ya isna keepin' me on my toes. They goes ta sleeps whe' I sits on 'em...bett'r ta be sittin' on my bum 'ste'd. Winking impishly, she kicks a bit of sand towards him, wrinkling her nose when a few grains settled into her skin through the fishnets she'd taken to wearing. - At least most of it went towards him... - Yer gonna owe me new boots aft'r gettin' mines all wets. Damn salt wat'r ain't good fer 'em...an' I ain't makin' any fer mys'lf. Ev'ry times I tries makin' 'em, I end up 'urtin' my hands. Dunno wha' idgit though girls should sew, but I dun likes it much...'cept fer sails. N'body cares if'n theres blood onna sail, sos I ain't gotta scrub it out aft'r I'm done.

She'd done it again, let her words run unchecked. It brought her back to her earlier thought, one she decided to finish now. Ya care ta list'n Obli, an' yer easy ta talks to. Maybe tha's why I been talkin' so much. Ain't right sure, since I dun share much o' mys'lf wit' mos'. I'm hopin'...tha'...I dun regr'ts it lat'r.
Aasha
Aasha
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Obli. Sat Jan 30, 2010 3:00 am

Obli laughed heartily as she kicked sand at him. Watching the fire dance from the movement. "Ifn its boots t'at meh a've t'be buyin' ye, t'en t'e fines' boots t'ey will be." He giggled at the thought. As he recovered from the laugh he let some words slip out. "Heh, meh jes' adore ye Aash." He wiped a tear of laughter from his eye as he realized what he said. Whoops. Oh well, no going back now. Not that he would anyway. Why would he? He grinned at her. He was growing more and more fond of her by the minute.

Obli listened carefully as she explained that she was really going out on a limb trusting him with parts of her past. Even though he understood it clearly, he was still a bit shocked that she was, especially so freely. It just wasn't her. Or was it? It had to be her, just not a part most people saw. He was delighted with the confidence she placed in him. He made sure to look at her as his voice took on a serious, yet caring tone.
"Aash, meh ken tell ye a t'ousan' times ina t'ousan' ways, t'at it be meh only desire t'nay let ye r'gret momen's like t'is wit meh..." He paused briefly. "but meh t'ink t'at showin' ye, t'rough meh actions, be a bet'er way o' provin' it t'ye." He sat up and offered his hand to her, curious to see if she would take it or not.
Obli.
Obli.
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Post  Aasha Sat Jan 30, 2010 3:24 am

Aasha's eyes widened as she looked at him. She'd been half teasing about the boots, not expecting him to actually talk of purchasing some for her. She'd been given so few things in her life, the few she owned she cherished. I wasna meanin' fer ya to do tha'. I lik's my boots, I ken fin' a way ta soft'n the le'th'r 'gain. I dun needs the fin'st o' nothin'. I'd jus' be messin' 'em up. She was feeling out of sorts with his easy acceptance of owing her something, so wasn't sure she heard right. Had he just said he adored her?

Letting it pass in case she was mistaken, she looked back at him as his tone changed. Ya dun gots ta be tellin' me nothin'...ain't r'grettin' it now. Pausing to let that sink in, Aasha found herself smiling. She wasn't regretting telling him anything, not at the moment. And if she was lucky...not that she was very often...but if she was lucky, she wouldn't regret it once she was alone either. Studying his profile in the flickering light offered by the fire, she tentatively reached out, placing her hand in his.
Aasha
Aasha
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum