Alternative RK
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[RP] Trial by Peer ... Lord Elmix - January 1458

Page 7 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

[RP] Trial by Peer ... Lord Elmix - January 1458 - Page 7 Empty Re: [RP] Trial by Peer ... Lord Elmix - January 1458

Post  arthur_loxley Wed May 05, 2010 11:08 am

Artur_le_breton wrote:A servant in the livery of the baronial estate of Cannock Green appears, bringing with him a scroll sealed with the signet of the Baron of Cannock and Brewood.

Handing it to Chris Braveheart, he steps back to wait silently for any reply or message to take back to his distant master.

It reads:

My honourable Peers of the House of Lords seated as Jurors; greetings. By this message I, Lord Artur le Breton, bring you word that I am back within our Kingdom of England and presently in Dover harbour within the County of Sussex. Though my voyage is not yet complete, the projected travel shall remain within the territorial waters of the Kingdom of England and so should allow me to communicate and participate in matters of our noble House of Lords.

As such, please be assured that I am ready and able to return to my seat on the panel of jurors when the recess of the noble hearing is ended and proceedings are ready to begin once again. With all luck I shall be returned to Stafford County to return to activity from my estate at Cannock Green and be able to speak my voice in person as soon as possible.

Signed
Lord Artur le Breton, Baron of Cannock and Brewood
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

[RP] Trial by Peer ... Lord Elmix - January 1458 - Page 7 Empty Re: [RP] Trial by Peer ... Lord Elmix - January 1458

Chris_braveheart wrote:Chris receives a letter from Lord leBreton and thanks the messenger

Thank you, I see this means that Lord leBreton has returned to England. Please inform him that he will be receiving a summons to appear here in 24 hours from now. Have a safe journey, Sir.

Hearing that he has returned and has noticed that the Lady High Chancellor has received word of Lord Loxley's return....

Chris immediately takes his quill out and begins to issue summons to all Jurors, defendant and plaintiff and attorneys involved that the trial will reconvene in 24 hours time from now.

He hands the summons to a messenger and instructs him to personally see that they get delivered to all.....
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Chris_braveheart wrote:Recorded officially for the Court....

[rp]You are hereby summoned to the House of Lords Judge's Chambers for the continuation of the case of Scandalum Magnatum in the matter of Lord Arthur_loxley and Lord Elmix. We have received word that all participants are within confines of England and her waters and the trial may continue. Should there be any reason why a continuation is needed, you may submit such to the Jurors in the way of the Court proceeding (ooc: HOL Judges Chamber forum) or by reply to HRH Chris Braveheart Stuart (ooc: mail Chris_braveheart).

The Trial will reconvene in 24 hours and this is to serve as your official notice to appear. Please take this time to review the testimony and proceedings so that everyone is up to speed upon reconvening. If you have any questions, please feel free to mail myself or ask them within the Trial.

Respectfully,
HRH Chris Braveheart Stuart
Prince of England

[RP] Trial by Peer ... Lord Elmix - January 1458 - Page 7 Chris_BraveheartY-1[/rp]
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Darienbalintyne wrote:Darien had read his summons and nodding his head he gathered his papers and made his way back to the Courtroom and resumed his seat.
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Post  arthur_loxley Wed May 05, 2010 11:09 am

Chris_braveheart wrote:Greetings again Lord Balintyne! It seems we are finally ready to resume this case now that everyone has returned to England. How have you been?

begins passing out the transcripts of the case thus far for review in everyone's seat
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Arthur_loxley wrote:Arthur opened the summons sent to him by what appeared to be Chris_Braveheart's seal. He quickly gathered his materials and headed for court. Once he arrived, he sat at the table he had left almost two months prior. His trip in Denmark had given him much to think about. Once he was back in English waters, he had reached out to a few people who he respected and valued their opinion. He sought advice if he should continue the proceedings upon his return but no definitive answer was really given. He hadn't made up his mind when the summons had arrived and made his decision for him.

He nodded towards the juror panel assembled on the bench with respect, and sat down awaiting others who were no doubt on their way.
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Aandra wrote:In attendance M'Lord Prince Stuart ... re read the papers ...
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Millicent wrote:Millicent lifts her head from its resting place in her pale palm, "I would simply like to state for the record that this is one of the most ridiculous events I have ever experienced in all my time in England," she growls coldly, "Instead of wasting time passing about notes with seals to make it seem like this joke is even remotely important, how about the good Prince simply tells Lord Arthur to grow a pair or suspends Lord Elmix's access for a month for hurting the poor man's feelings."

"A ridiculous waste of everyone's time; that's all this is."
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Maladicta wrote:Mala arrived back at the court and made her way inside. Taking a seat she smiled at those who had already arrived then settled back to re-read her notes while she waited for everyone else to arrive.
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Artur_le_breton wrote:The messenger departs bearing Chris Braveheart's message, and swiftly makes his way from Westminster.

The next day, Artur le Breton arrives to take his seat quietly, nodding as he signs his name to the rolls with a quill before resuming his place among the other noble jurors on the high bench.
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Arthur_loxley wrote:Arthur looks up to the panel to ask a few simple questions. May I have a reminder why Millicent is here? Is it to continue the bad behavior and actions on behalf of Elmix? I hope that everything is being taken into account by the panel - the behavior of both Elmix and Millicent.

Also, is the jury panel going to allow the disrespect that has already been exhibited prior to the recess of these proceedings or will they actually take action against Elmix and now, Millicent? I grow tired of the same behavior being exhibited by so-called nobles and peers allowing it to continue as well.
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Aandra wrote:Standing a little hesitantly, in awe at the fine chamber and Lords gathered.

"i, i , err, i must say i agree with Lord Tudor of that point, the abuse should not continue in this chamber "

sitting down hurriedly ....
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Post  arthur_loxley Wed May 05, 2010 11:10 am

Chris_braveheart wrote:Noting that all Jurors were present and Lord Loxley was present and that Lady Reine was present as well but no sign of Lord Elmix...

It seems we are missing the defendant here today. I will allow for a bit more time for him to appear as he was notified along with the rest of you here. I have received a note from the Lady High Chancellor that she will be delayed to a personal issue she must take care of (ooc: She was unfortunately effected by the high waters and flooding in Tennessee and has limited internet).

Lady Reine, do you know if your client intends to present himself to these proceedings again or do you have a status on his arrival? Also, I will agree....please refrain from making prejudicial statements of personal opinion as you are here to represent your client and his best interest and would not want your personal words to have an effect on his fate for whatever reason. We are here to follow procedure for better or worse and that is just what I intend to do as Chief Juror. I too will note that this trial has become somewhat of a circus with all the distractions from day one, though we continue to push forward as is our duty. It is not I who has the power to find guilt or innocence nor apply punishment....that is why we sit here today as a Jury. Surely you would not consider investigating a serious matter that has an effect on one's Peerage to be a ridiculous waste of time. I would hope that any Lord or Lady in the position of being accused of an offense would think an investigation very prudent before just taking someone else's word to the facts of the matter.

So please, if we could stay on track here and finish this matter before us it would be greatly appreciated. And just a general reminder that everyone present is a Peer so the rules of Peerage still apply within this Chamber and all are subject to those rules. Let's not cause us to hold another hearing right after this one....

Now I believe where we left off was Lord Aandra had just been seated as a new Juror, so as soon as Lord Elmix appears....Lord Aandra it will be your opportunity to ask a set of questions to both Lord Elmix and Lord Loxley. Other jurors, do any of you have any follow up questions you need answered by anyone?
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Post  arthur_loxley Wed May 05, 2010 11:10 am

Aandra wrote:Yes M'Lord, thank you, i shall await the arrival of the defendant.
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Post  arthur_loxley Thu May 06, 2010 9:24 am

Chris_braveheart wrote:begins tapping my finger on the desk in front of me and looks at the clock

Lady Reine, any word from your client? We are awaiting for his presence to proceed. It would advantage him to appear here before the Jury of Peers for conclusion of the trial or we will be forced to proceed without him....he was indeed summoned as was everyone else here. I do not mind being patient for a known acceptable reason, but not for a simple failure to appear. If he chooses not to appear in a timely manner or present word to the Jurors why he is unable to appear before us, then we will continue the matter without him...it is his choice. He has a right to be here though I will not compel him to be against his will and the Jurors will decide his fate on the charge of Scandalum Magnatum. Also, to note for your client that the Jurors could elect to forward to the GUBR charges of violation of Standards of Conduct which could result in anything from a warning to attainder by the Regent.

We will continue to be patient for just a moment longer and then we will proceed with or without Lord Elmix, it is his choice to appear or provide cause why he can not be here as summoned.
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Post  arthur_loxley Sun May 09, 2010 3:33 pm

Chris_braveheart wrote:I wanted to give everyone an update concerning Lord Elmix. It seems the messenger has returned unable to find Lord Elmix to deliver him the Summons. I have dispatched another messenger in hopes to find him this attempt. I expect that this messenger will indeed find him successfully. I will remain patient for a while longer. Jurors please have your questions ready to proceed upon Lord Elmix's arrival as we will start again then.

(OOC: Elmix has not picked up his mail from me on Forum 1 as of yet. I have sent him an ingame mail of the exact same message as the one on Forum 1 and posted here. We will wait for him to have opportunity to respond or appear here before we continue as is only fair since he has not picked up the original summons.)
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Post  arthur_loxley Sun May 09, 2010 3:33 pm

Arthur_loxley wrote:Is there any news? Are we going to proceed without him?
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Post  arthur_loxley Sun May 09, 2010 3:34 pm

Elmix wrote:Getting a pidgeon mail from Lord Braveheart he tried to get there as soon it was possible for him.

He enters and takes again his seat.

I am here and ready to proceed.

I see the worm unfortunatelly did not sink and keep annoying all who have gathered here.

OOC: i not bother to use forums for some time so IG mail was a good option
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Aandra wrote:Greetings Lord Elmix, glad to see you arrived ..
as a newly seated Juror, Prince Braveheart instructed me to ask yourself
and Lord Loxley Tudor a question.

From the statement you just made i see my question to you is somewhat
pointless it was to be "are you prepared to take a more moderate tone when adressing lord Loxley "

turning towards Lord Loxley .. "a simple question M'Lord, what do you consider would be suitable redress for the somewhat petty name calling ?"

with a raised eyebrow, Aandra takes his seat ..
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Chris_braveheart wrote:Thank you Lord Elmix for your prompt arrival after my second messenger found you.

Indeed, the Trial by Peers may now proceed and is back in session and currently questions are to be asked by the Jurors to either or both Lords here before us. Any Jurors who have followup questions please ask those at this time. We will continue with the same format as previously outlined.

Just a reminder Jurors, please be neutral in your questions as to not favor one side or the other and remain completely objective during the Trial as things may be said or proven on either side that may sway opinions on the whole and not just a particular single part. So do try to phrase your questions as to not pass premature judgment no matter your personally feelings on whether or not words or actions being used here today or in the past are troubling to you as that is not what this Trial's purpose is for.

Again, I will reiterate our purpose....to determine if Lord Elmix's words and actions against Lord Loxley has risen to the level of Scandalum Magnatum which is strictly defined in our Charter. That is our purpose here today and not to pass judgment on any other matter. Such matters can be passed on to the Gentlewoman Usher of the Black Rod as our Charter demands if we deem it appropriate.

Now...continue to proceed with your questions Jurors and Lord Elmix and Lord Loxley you may proceed with answering them as they are asked. Jurors at the point you have no further questions to ask, please indicate so as we do not want to dwell with the Trial if there are no further questions to be asked. Also, do any Jurors wish to call upon any witnesses that have been mentioned in the Trial?

sits and waits for more questions and their responses....
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Elmix wrote:Hearing Lord Aandra asked him a question, he stands up to answer it

"are you prepared to take a more moderate tone when adressing lord Loxley "

Lord Aandra, to answer your question, i have said already that Lords have to be adressed more moderate and more respectful.
However, traitor can be called as any like. I see him as traitor and i also pointed out in one of my previous chances several points which make him a traitor of England.
Therefore, i think its only fair that anyone has a right to call him a worm.
Thank you.

Answering it he sat down again.
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Post  arthur_loxley Mon May 10, 2010 10:16 am

Artur_le_breton wrote:I have no further questions for the two parties involved at this time, though if the questions of jurors to the accused and accuser are complete, I would like to verify that I do have the intention to call upon at least one witness to appear before us.
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Post  arthur_loxley Mon May 10, 2010 10:16 am

Aandra wrote:"Thank you Lord Elmix Degas for your clearing that up. Much appreciated sir."
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Post  arthur_loxley Mon May 10, 2010 10:17 am

Chris_braveheart wrote:turning to Lord leBreton...

Indeed m'Lord, after questions you can request that I call upon a witness and I will be glad to issue a summons for them. In fact, for all, here is where we currently are in the proceedings...

vi. The jurors may ask questions which the principals have one full day to answer.

And here are the remaining steps yet to complete after the questions have been completed.

vii. The Chief Juror may call witnesses who will each have one full day to report and one full day to answer questions posed. Witnesses shall provide documentary evidence as requested.

viii. At the conclusion of the trial each member of the jury shall post his or her recommendation publicly to the trial thread. The Chief Juror shall in addition provide a summary of the evidence. The Jury shall be granted two full days to do so.

ix. The case shall be decided by the majority opinion. If no such majority is evident, the Jurors shall be given a further two days to discuss and produce a joint opinion. Any Juror not in agreement with this majority opinion may publish a dissenting opinion.

As such, are there any further questions for either Lord Elmix or Lord Loxley? Again, if you are satisfied you have no more questions for these two Lords, then please state as such so we may continue. Though if you do have further questions, please do ask them at this time.

And just a reminder that Lord Aandra has a question left for Lord Loxley.....

what do you consider would be suitable redress for the somewhat petty name calling ?
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Post  arthur_loxley Mon May 10, 2010 10:17 am

Darienbalintyne wrote:Rising from his seat Darien looked around him and then looking at Lord Elmix he asked "you refer to treason against Lord Loxley for reasons you have alluded to but can you advise if this treason is your belief or if it has been determined by the appropriate authorities and announced to the community at large"?

Darien sat down and waited to hear Lord Elmix's answer.
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next