Alternative RK
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[RP] Trial by Peer ... Lord Elmix - January 1458

Page 5 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

[RP] Trial by Peer ... Lord Elmix - January 1458 - Page 5 Empty Re: [RP] Trial by Peer ... Lord Elmix - January 1458

Post  arthur_loxley Sun Feb 14, 2010 11:11 am

Millicent wrote:Dame Reine enters the Judges' Chambers of the House of Lords and announces her presence, "Dame Millicent Reine, Countess of Wiltshire."

With that, she approaches her client and stands behind their table.
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

[RP] Trial by Peer ... Lord Elmix - January 1458 - Page 5 Empty Re: [RP] Trial by Peer ... Lord Elmix - January 1458

Chris_braveheart wrote:Welcome Lady Reine to these proceedings. I hope we may move forward now with these proceedings here today to get the matter at hand resolved and settled. Lady Reine, just to catch you up to speed, I asked Lord Loxley a series of questions in which he has answered and I asked Lord Degas a series of questions to which he was waiting for your presence here in order to answer which I was happy to wait for him to do. Noting your presence as Lord Degas' counsel, I will ask my questions again to Lord Degas.

Lord Degas, my questions again to you....

Arrow When you stated that 'you had no respect for worms like Loxley who put procedure above the people'....do you consider all people who put procedure above the people as worms or just Lord Loxley? In what way did Lord Loxley put procedure above people?

Arrow Was your purpose in saying that you planned to kill Lord Loxley in response to his decree preventing Armies in Stafford or due to something else?

Arrow Did you take Arthur's decree on Armies in Stafford as a threat to England's safety and if so, why do you?

Arrow Do you consider the term 'worm' as harassing, demeaning, insulting, or slandering?

Arrow You have stated that you called Lord Loxley a worm because you were 'thinking of a word which can characterize someone without a backbone and crawling'. Was your calling Lord Loxley a 'worm' also an attempt by you to cause a disagreement or commotion which could possibly hurt England in any way?

Your Counsel may advise you as to anything you need advisement on including answers to my questions and she may inquire on your behalf as to procedure or questions to the Jury or address members of the Jury, but please note that my questions are asked to you Lord Degas and not your counsel so the answers should be of yours after consulting with your counsel and come from you and not through your counsel as you are the Lord here on trial and not Lady Reine.

Again, she may assist you in any way you need but I need to hear answers from you and not Lady Reine here today.
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Artur_le_breton wrote:And from his seat on the bench the Baron Cannock adds,

And I now consider the clock ticking as I await a response to my original followup question asked previous to questions from other peers of the panel.

As reminded, I do consider my question to Lord Degas to be answerable by Lord Degas directly, though recognize that he might wish to consult his named counsel prior to giving his answer. The Charter's procedures do not grant extra time for that to be done beyond the twenty-four hours while the Trial by Peer is in order, now that the trial is no longer in recess.
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Arthur_loxley wrote:Arthur sighed. He was obviously being ignored or dismissed for whatever reason. Excuse me, is my objection even being considered by the active jurors in these proceedings? I feel I have been more than patient with all the confusion, issues, and delays and now am being ignored despite the obvious precedent already established by Chris_Braveheart in a previous trial by peer. Will I receive an answer?
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Post  arthur_loxley Mon Feb 15, 2010 8:54 am

Elmix wrote:Elmix was busy thinking and planning something as Dame Millicent finally arrived

Millicent wrote:Dame Reine enters the Judges' Chambers of the House of Lords and announces her presence, "Dame Millicent Reine, Countess of Wiltshire."

With that, she approaches her client and stands behind their table.

Thank you for arriving here milady.
Then he turns to the others.

Now, i will speak as polite as possible today. At this time i am busy with military planning as my wife and my friend lives lie in danger aswell ppl of England.
The HoL charter and documets and procedures and the timelimit are really useless and no concerning to me comparing to above mentioned.
I will give answers when i will deal with above mentioned. Thank you everyone for theyr time.

He told this and get back to military planning which was far more important then this trial or procedure.
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Darienbalintyne wrote:Darien smiled as he stood to speak and then he said "Lord Elmix, you were asked earlier if you had proof of said "treasonous acts" by Lord Arthur and you wanted to wait for your legal counsel before replying, I see your counsel has arrived and I would like to hear a response to the question.

"Do you have proof to support your claim of treason against Lord Arthur and if so could you provide it here, or is it that you personally believe Lord Arthur has committed treason against the people of England?"

I can advise I read the Ducal decree posted earlier restricting movements inside Lord Arthurs County and it appeared to be legal so I struggling to see how that decree can be treason by law?

Darien sat down to wait a reply after restating a previously asked question.
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Chris_braveheart wrote:Chris grows even more impatient as time passes...

Jah, I don't know where to start first......takes a deep breath before he continues

Lord Loxley, I guess I will start with your point and note I only speak as a single Juror and not for the group. Yes, it is the Lord on trial here and they should answer for themselves in my opinion for they are the one who should be making the accusation or defending the accusations. However, this is indeed a Trial much as a Trial would be held in the local courts with a sitting Judge and Prosecutor....you Lord Loxley are taking on the role of Public Prosecutor, we the Jurors are sitting in the position of the Judge for the most part, and Lord Degas is of course the accused and defendant. Thus, I have no objection to him seeking counsel as long as they meet the requirements to belong in the House of Lords first and foremost nor do I have objection to you seeking counsel as long as the above criteria is reached as well to guide you through legal prosecution.

So, I have no objection to either Lord having counsel here with them at Trial as long as said counsel is a member of the House of Lords. However, and a big however for me....the attorneys are just to give counsel and are not to answer for the Lords involved here nor will I as a Juror accept their responses should they make attempt to answer for a Lord. Again, it is the Lords and Ladies who are on trial here, not their counsels. Again, please note that I am only one voice on the Jury, but this is my opinion on your objection to counsel being present here today.

Now, Lord Degas. I note your time period for answering questions has now expired per rule. Though I understand your concerns, you are on trial here today with serious consequences should you be found guilty of charges here. I suggest you consult Lady Millicent on the possible consequences for refusing to comply with a Judge's questions in a Court. The sooner you allow us to move on here, the sooner we can get you back to the border to your family. Military planning though important is not an excuse I would like to hear today as I too am a military person and not a day passes that I am not involved in military matters in my own County. We must balance our duties for the military and our duty and responsibility here at trial. Again, I urge you to consult with Lady Millicent and without further haste answer the questions posed to you or face possible consequences for being of contempt of these proceedings which I will personally speak to the Regent about should you not take this trial seriously and assist moving it along. Frankly Lord Degas, this trial is an inconvenience for us all here today yet we must all endure sitting here through delay and endless chasing of our tails. Understandably, our patience grows very thin and we may very well call for an end of the trial tomorrow and render an opinion with or without your testimony. Again, I would urge you to assist in your own defense here.

Lady Chief Juror, can we can some order in these proceedings please? We have objections being made without any clear understanding of how to proceed on whether or not we need to discuss them or the Lady High Chancellor or yourself are to rule on them....we have an uncooperative Lord who refuses to answer questions after requesting counsel, and this Trial continues to linger and linger day after day with no clear end in sight or even a clear path to get to an end result. I would suggest we somehow get this Trial back on track so that we can proceed with our duties and issue an opinion on the matter or if not, I unfortunately will move for closing arguments to be made and whoever participates, participates, and the matter will be turned over the Jurors to rule based on what little we have been given thus far. That would be a complete travesty and a joke to our Trial by Peer system should I have no other choice to do this because of a total lack of participation in this Trial overall.

contemplates stepping out yet again for some fresh air until some movement is made in this trial....
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Post  arthur_loxley Mon Feb 15, 2010 2:08 pm

Elmix wrote:Sitting and doing the military planning this was something he should do first. As Lord Chris start to speak, he holds off for a minute to reply to him.

Lord Chris, the things mentioned above are far more important my time then the trial. I am not forced to come here, nor am i held by any guards here in this trial. Planning for defense of my wife comes first and trust me, no royal guard or any other guard or even army will hold me here to the legal procedures if i will must go or do the military planning for safety of my friends and wife.

Then takes a breath as Lord Darien speaks and speaks again.

I have done it all for day so i can finally answer.

Now, Lord Le breton was first one to ask and Lord Darien questions were alike so my next reply should answer both of them.

1. Yes, the Stafford nautrality proclamation is 1 of the evidence which makes worm a traitor of England. The worm clrealy abuse his powers which could endanger the safety of lives of england's bravest. It may not be enough for you all, however this is more enough for me to call him that and add him to my kill list. Just as any other criminal adding to kill list who has no natinal approval. You all may have noticed such "unfortunate accidents" through England.

2. The 2nd evidence is presented by the worm itself, the copy of him beeing on kill list. The list was posted in NEA War council which have very restricted access and worm had no access there. The fact he has it proves clearly that worm has his spy network who spies england's intelligence for his own selfish pruposes and to endanger the safety of England and its ppl. This is 2nd evidence of his betreyal.

3. The 3rd thing i would like to say is the very fact that during the LoS took over chester, they claimed council left weapons. I do not think they did that. The thing the enemy get weapons were mostly related that some county sold them and who other then worm. As for the proof we have here lady jennet who was there at time and can tell they did not left any weapons for the enemy from county as enemy claim.

4. Same related to LoS incident, when the overthrowed council asked for help of Stafford, the worm have published a long docment saying the outthrowed council were traitors of England. There is a huge ammount of documents in NEA MC for that thught at THIS TIME i am still too busy to search for it as other things are my priority now.

Now, considering this all, the worm earned name for a life and place on army kill lists.

He takes a breath and continues to answer on some other questions who were asked to him.

When you stated that 'you had no respect for worms like Loxley who put procedure above the people'....do you consider all people who put procedure above the people as worms or just Lord Loxley? In what way did Lord Loxley put procedure above people?

I think every points from1-4 mentioned above show a different example on how worm treat procedure higher then a person. As for others there sure were other worm from Stafford as Loxley made clear Red chef and Rainchaiser ar 2 prime examples.

Was your purpose in saying that you planned to kill Lord Loxley in response to his decree preventing Armies in Stafford or due to something else?

As response to every of 1-4 points i just mentioned above. This is far enough proof to me and not need to be natinally authorized to be executed as there may be ppl who may not agree with me.

Did you take Arthur's decree on Armies in Stafford as a threat to England's safety and if so, why do you?

Yes, i did. It clearly shows worms true intentions to help enemy to invade as help would not be able to come through. At least not peacefully.

Do you consider the term 'worm' as harassing, demeaning, insulting, or slandering?

It may be insulting and slandering but thats what what traitors deserve, right?

You have stated that you called Lord Loxley a worm because you were 'thinking of a word which can characterize someone without a backbone and crawling'. Was your calling Lord Loxley a 'worm' also an attempt by you to cause a disagreement or commotion which could possibly hurt England in any way?

I see no reason how calling a traitor in real names could harm England. Just other, by getting rid of the worm i believe England would be a far better place. Let me help on that and we even safe funds needed to pay to executer. Will do gladly myself.

I tried to answer as soon as possible and may lef out something. if so, please ask me and i will give answers to next round of questions when i will have time.

Answering it he once again sat down and continued to do military planning.
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Post  arthur_loxley Tue Feb 16, 2010 10:50 am

Chris_braveheart wrote:Thank you Lord Degas for answering my and others questions here. I will review my notes to see if I have other questions for either Lord, so other Jurors should feel free to continue their questions or perhaps state that they have no further questions to ask to see where we are currently in this Trial?
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Post  arthur_loxley Tue Feb 16, 2010 10:51 am

Artur_le_breton wrote:I, too, accept the response as answering the single followup question I'd earlier posed for Lord Degas.

At this time I have no additional questions of the principals, but am considering possible witnesses to be requested of the Chief Juror for the next phase.

In the meantime, it'd be good for any other of the fellow peers of this panel who might've been waiting for a lull to ask questions to take the opportunity to ask their questions now.
There's a possibility I'll have additional questions after they've asked theirs.
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Post  arthur_loxley Tue Feb 16, 2010 10:51 am

Maladicta wrote:Mal listened to all evidence presented, a little disturbed that Lord Elmix persisted in calling Lord Loxley 'worm' even though that was the reason he was here for this trial. 'I have no questions at this moment' she said.

OOC: I'm sorry I haven't been more active and involved but my little boy has been ill so I haven't had as much time to play on here that I usually do. I did think about pulling out of the trial but was loathe to do so as it would have delayed it even more.
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Post  arthur_loxley Thu Feb 18, 2010 7:46 am

Elmix wrote:After doing some things of militar planning, he is finally settled for now.

Then he speaks quielty with Lady Millicent who were finally here as his defense. After some time speaking with her, Elmix stands up and says.

Honorary jurors, after talking with Dame Millicent, i would like the jurors also give her a word. I have discussed her some things and she are free to speak for me.
I am sure this way we will get forward more quickly and even in days when i will be once again called to do some more military planning, which may happen again soon, she may speak in the needed ammount of time.

Not that i worry about not answering in time, it would help this go forward more faster.

Thank you.

After speaking it he sits down in his comfortable chair.
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Artur_le_breton wrote:My Lord Degas,

You are free to call Lady Millicent as a witness on your behalf for that phase of the trial, but this phase of the trial consists of questions from the panel of peers answered by the principals of the trial, that is you and Lord Loxley. Not answered by witnesses nor any third parties.

If you do wish to call Lady Millicent as a witness on your behalf, please notify our Chief Juror that you wish to do so and I'm sure that will be arranged for that phase, which will be the next phase when this one is complete.
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Darienbalintyne wrote:Darien looked at his notes and said "I have no further questions at this time".
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Chris_braveheart wrote:And I have no further questions at this time, Lady Chief Juror.
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Post  arthur_loxley Fri Feb 19, 2010 9:02 am

Chris_braveheart wrote:
vii. The Chief Juror may call witnesses who will each have one full day to report and one full day to answer questions posed. Witnesses shall provide documentary evidence as requested.

Are we at this point in the trial? Does any Jurors have any witness requests to submit to the Chief Juror if there are no more questions from any Juror?
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Post  arthur_loxley Fri Feb 19, 2010 9:02 am

Arthur_loxley wrote:Esteemed Lords and Ladies, can a new chief juror be selected among those present to continue these proceedings without further delay? Also, will we (the parties) be allowed to call forth witnesses to speak? Thank you for considering my alternative solution.
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Post  arthur_loxley Sat Feb 20, 2010 8:20 am

Ladyjennet wrote:Notes had been sent, and more notes following them, and servants with stacks of notes, until the High Chancellor's face had become creased with concern. Days of no reply and her hands well and truly tied against acting until word was received. But then, miraculously, a small note had appeared with only a few brief lines, explaining that Lady Deerhurst was being forced by personal concerns to withdraw from the jury of peers. Glad, firstly, to hear that the lady and her family were well, Jennet was also glad to finally have leave to fix the situation. Listening to Lord Arthur's suggestion, she nodded at the gentleman and responded politely.

My Lord Arthur, I am in agreement. I have received news that Lady Deerhurst must needs withdraw as a juror in this trial. As a jury of peers must, by definition, consist of 5 members and we have but 4, I believe the logical solution is for a replacement to be chosen and for this jury to choose a new chief juror among themselves once that replacement is present.

It is my intention to begin this process immediately, since I believe we would all rather be somewhere, virtually anywhere, else other than in a courtroom. If there are any objections or concerns from the members of this court pertaining to this plan of action, please feel free to voice them here or to speak to me in private.

(OOC: Due to connection issues, among other things, the player behind Revandenizen does not have consistent access and must withdraw. Word of the situation and permission to post was granted privately.)
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Post  arthur_loxley Sat Feb 20, 2010 8:20 am

Arthur_loxley wrote:Thank you. I will continue to be patient until an alternate is selected, and then a chief juror among them.
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Post  arthur_loxley Fri Mar 05, 2010 9:12 am

Artur_le_breton wrote:The Lady High Chancellor's suggestion on how to proceed sounds good to me. I have no objection and look forward to having a replacement juror chosen and then chosing a new Chief Juror.

I would recommend that we not advance to witnesses, though, as the replacement juror should have the opportunity to ask questions of the principals as part of the phase we're in now.
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Post  arthur_loxley Fri Mar 05, 2010 9:13 am

Chris_braveheart wrote:Agreed and no objections and hope a replacement is found or appointed without haste so the trial may continue. Can we have a recess until such time as the Lady High Chancellor reconvenes us here with a replacement?
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Darienbalintyne wrote:Darien pours a cup of tea and goes back to reading his notes as he waits the outcome of a replacement Juror and Head Juror.
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Elmix wrote:Noticing there is a slight confusion here, he keeps using the time for the military planning and army commander training till this will sort out.
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Chris_braveheart wrote:Lady High Chancellor, do we have any word yet on a replacement Juror or the status of that search so we may continue with the trial here? Thank you for your time and response and participation here.
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Darienbalintyne wrote:Darien had sat patiently for some time waiting to see something happen so the trial could resume, finally in frustration he stood and addressed all present "What on earth is going on here? This is bordering on embarassing and I think action needs to be taken, no new discussion in HoL to get a new juror or Chief Juror has happened and in the mean time we all sit and wait.

Do you want me to get a new Juror and Chief Juror so we can resume this trial, if not then declare a mistrial and we can attend to other duties".

Embarassed at the emotion in which he had spoken he sat down quickly and watched to see what happens.
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next