Alternative RK
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[RP]The Marriage of Arthur and Lynna

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

[RP]The Marriage of Arthur and Lynna Empty [RP]The Marriage of Arthur and Lynna

Post  Lynna Sun Mar 22, 2009 11:06 pm

Gawain59 wrote:The bells in St. Mary's church tower toll at midday on the crisp, chilly winter day. There was a buzz of energy and excitement in the air that even the local townsfolk could feel. Their closest friends and family had come to help earlier in the week to aid in setting up for the wedding, they all wanted to make this a special day for the lovely couple.

Walking into the church, the gentle aroma of a myriad of white, blue and purple flowers envelops you, the intoxicating fragrance leading you to an intimate chapel, decorated in the same blue and purple. Soft candlelight filled the room, tall pillars on the altar shining brightly.

Gawain walked into the church and looked around. He was wearing a cream colored cassock and a stole that is shades of blue, purple, red and green. He checked everything, wanting to make sure everything was perfect. Pleased, he smiled and went to pray until some guests started arriving. He made his way to the entrance of the church and stood there welcoming all the friends and family who had been invited and tells them to take a seat.

OOC: This is a closed RP by request of the bride and groom. Unless invited (or directly involved), please do not post.

Edited to fix typos.

Lynna
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

[RP]The Marriage of Arthur and Lynna Empty Re: [RP]The Marriage of Arthur and Lynna

Post  Lynna Sun Mar 22, 2009 11:08 pm

Heeyudong wrote:Takashi shivered as he entered the church grounds. It was still winter, and even though he had been here for a few years, he wasn't very used to European winters yet.

There was a slight fragrance of flowers, a hint of spring in the otherwise wintry white landscape. It was a good sign of things to come; his friends would be getting married today. He had missed the wedding preparations due to a cold, and was determined to make up for it by arriving early to congratulate the couple. Takashi grinned to himself as he walked up to the church.

Lynna
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

[RP]The Marriage of Arthur and Lynna Empty Re: [RP]The Marriage of Arthur and Lynna

Post  Lynna Sun Mar 22, 2009 11:09 pm

Lerendus wrote:As the day of the wedding drew near, Lerendus and Smom traveled south from Cumberland. He opted to ride in the carriage as they would stop in Birmingham to pick up his little sister, Eary, and he dearly wished to spend some time with her and his dear Smom on the quiet roads before being pitched into the crowd of friends and family that was certain to be at the wedding.

The trip was calm and peaceful, and Lerendus enjoyed it immensely despite the winter’s chill. They spoke softly amongst themselves in the carriage, quiet discussions about this or that, and Lerendus found that there was much catching up to do between himself and his sister.

They soon arrived in Coventry and were graciously shown the way to the church by a kind gentleman. Upon reaching the church the carriage slowed to a stop and Lerendus climbed out, turning and reaching out his hand to help the two ladies down from the carriage. Offering his arm to Smom and smiling at her the three made their way through the door of the church and down the aisle, taking their seats on the bride’s side.

Lynna
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Shriekersmom wrote:The trip to the wedding was long and uncomfortable, even with the cushions in the carriage. The only saving graces were the long walk she was able to take while Earytha had her belongings placed in the carriage and the pleasure of Lers's younger sister's company. Sharing the joys and sorrows of raising children gave them an instant rapport. The nearer they were to their destination the more nervous she became, would his family be as easy to get along with as Earytha was? Time would tell.

The morning of the wedding, after they woke and dressed in their finery at the Inn, they made their way to Coventry and the church where the wedding was going to take place. As the carriage came to a stop and Lers helped herself, then Eary out, the two could not help but giggle at Lerendus' new found manners. With a teasing remark about his attending more and more social functions the three made their way into the church and to the pew up near the front on the bride's side.

After they sit, leaning over as Eary sat on Lers's other side so both could hear her, she whispered "Isn't the church just beautify decorated?"

Lynna
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Mooseboy13 wrote:Arriving at the church uncharacteristicly early for himself Moose made his way towards the front doors of Saint Marys Church. With the lovely Lizzy on his arm he noticed Gawain standing at the front doors as he walked up the path. He was slightly nervous as he had never attended a wedding before, let alone had a date for anything. He was also very excited to see Lynna and Arthur finally getting married. Stopping at the front doors he was greated by Gawain

Hi Gawain, I hear this is your first wedding ceremony, I look foward to it

Then turning to Lizzy he said

There dosn't seem to be many people here yet, do you want to stay out here for a bit and see if we run into anyone we know or would you rather move inside and take a seat where it's a bit warmer?

Lynna
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Ladylizzy wrote:Lizzy was about as comfortable in church as a mouse in a cattery, so the thought of waiting around inside the church for an indeterminable time did not appeal. She turned to Moose, grinned and said...
Lets go for a little walk, theres hardly anyone around yet and if we go in there this early we might be expected to pray or something...

Lynna
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Post  Lynna Sun Mar 22, 2009 11:10 pm

Gawain59 wrote:Gawain is greeted by Moose.

"Yes, this is indeed my first wedding ceremony, and I am looking forward to it."

Lynna
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Post  Lynna Sun Mar 22, 2009 11:10 pm

Lizabet wrote:The carriage pulls up and Liza peeks out of the window. She smiles as she recognizes the church. It was the same place she had been baptized so long ago. She waits until the carriage rolls to a halt and the page opens the door, holding his hand to help her out. She stands next to the carriage, smoothing down and rearranging her gown, still feeling her cheeks flush from the ride with her husband. Looking up as he steps down, she gives him a warm smile and tucks her hand into his elbow as they turn towards the church.

Standing outside the church, Liza recognizes a few familiar faces. Happy to see some old friends after so long she glances up at Wolf and tugs slightly on his arm.
Do you mind if we say hi before taking our seats? she asks him, nodding her head towards where she can see Gawain, Lizzy, and Moose chatting.

Lynna
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Post  Lynna Sun Mar 22, 2009 11:11 pm

Kenrich wrote:Kenrich arrived by horse. Once his horse was tended too he made his way inside, he checked his pocket to make sure he still had the rings. Looking around he noticed a few fimilar faces along with a few he didn't know. He made his way to find Aurthur to check on him.

Lynna
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Evilwolfman wrote:Looking and feeling uneasy about the prospect of entering a church, Wolf looked around at the other guests, thinking happy thoughts, wondering if they had time for another quick ride in the carriage, looking at his beautiful wife he smiled, thanking loki she was now his wife, yes lets go meet the other guests, theres no rush to go in the church just yet, its a lovely day, shame to waste it, putting his arm around liza they moved towards the other guests to do the smile and handshake thing, seeing as he was on his best behavior today.

Lynna
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Mooseboy13 wrote:Hearing someone say his name Moose turns to see Liza standing there. He smiles, it has been along time since he last saw her Liza, it has been along time. How have you been my friend? I see you already know Lizzy he leans closer to her and whispers I think you can take me off that list now He then looks at the man standing at her side And this must be the man that stole you away from Coventry. He extends his hand out to shake his hand A pleasure to finally meet you

Lynna
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Post  Lynna Sun Mar 22, 2009 11:12 pm

Evilwolfman wrote:Shaking the mans hand back, Wolf smiled and turned and kissed lizzy's hand, its very nice to meet you both and on such a great day, yes i am guilty of stealing the wonderful Liza away, and what a great day it was, i cant wait for a drink, churches give me a dry mouth, laughing he looked around to see who else was about.

Lynna
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Post  Lynna Sun Mar 22, 2009 11:13 pm

Arthur_loxley wrote:Arthur arrived late at the church. He had some issues getting the carriage to the correct location! Somehow, they had gotten lost on the way. He made a mental note to fire the page once his duty was completed.

He stepped out of the carriage and headed quickly inside the church. He could see his best man, Kenrich, in the distance waiting for the ceremony to start. Arthur was a bit nervous. Not about the ceremony.. but nervous with all the attention. He was used to being under public scrutiny in the political arena, but this was different. It was personal.

He stepped inside the church doors, seeing those invited. When nervous, he usually made a scene to break the ice. Smiling broadly, he stood tall. Clearing his throat,
Welcome to my... excuse me.. OUR wedding! It shall begin shortly!

He patted Gawain on the shoulder as he finished speaking. I'm here now! He excused himself and needed to speak with Ken about the most important detail of the ceremony... the rings.

Lynna
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Kenrich wrote:Kenrich standing there see's Arthur arrive he walks over too him

"Good to see you made it my friend" he said. "I feared would where going to be late for your own wedding" he chuckled.

Lynna
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Wildbill69 wrote:Spying Arthur heading up the church steps,I think to myself and laugh I'm not late,if the groom is just getting here. Heading towards a small group outside of the church, I know that figure,Calling out Hello Liza walking up to her and give her a big hug.Turning to wolf man I wink and pull a bota bag out from my shirt and hand it to him. I know how these things go, maybe we should have a drink, It's some of my best home brew to date Turning my eyes to moose and giving him a nod This should be a great day.

Lynna
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Post  Lynna Sun Mar 22, 2009 11:14 pm

Lizabet wrote:Thrilled to see so many old friends, Liza returns Bill's hug. She turns just in time to see him pass the bottle to her husband. Arching a brow, she gives Wolf a pointed look before before smiling. It was a wedding after all. Knowing it would be unladylike to ask for a sip for herself, she sighs softly.

Perhaps we should start making our way in? she asks, still wishing for a drink first. It should be starting soon and we'll have plenty of time to catch up later. With a brief, longing look at the bottle, she takes Wolf's arm.

Lynna
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Post  Lynna Sun Mar 22, 2009 11:14 pm

Evilwolfman wrote:Thanking bill for the bottle , he took a huge swig on tasting the home brew he took another huge swig, instantly feeling better and ready to face the church to see the wedding, looking round he saw no one behind him after letting the others go in front, here have a drink quick no one is looking, passing the bottle to liza, he kept a eye out as she had a good swig out the bottle, so feeling better and ready to go in, he smiled and gave her a quick kiss, noticing her glazed eyes, thinking they should get a few bottles of bill's home brew to take home.

Lynna
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Post  Lynna Sun Mar 22, 2009 11:15 pm

Mooseboy13 wrote:Nodding back to Bill, Moose says Hi Bill. Yes this should be a great day then turning his eye towards the bottle Wolf is holding he says to Bill Do you mind if I have a quick swig? I know I shouldn't but I just can't help myself he said with a cheeky grin

After taking a swig from the bottle Moose turns to Lizzy and taking her hand he says
I guess we should head in and find a seat Entering the church they found a set and sat waiting for the ceremony to start

Lynna
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Post  Lynna Sun Mar 22, 2009 11:15 pm

Wildbill69 wrote:Watching Moose head towards the church doors, I follow up to the doors and look inside. I think I'll stay here a bit long. Looking down the road, I wonder if girls 8539 is going to make it

Lynna
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Post  Lynna Sun Mar 22, 2009 11:16 pm

Lizabet wrote:Liza gratefully takes a drink from the bottle, kissing Wolf quickly as she hands it back to him. She slips her hand in his arm and with one soft hiccup lets him lead her into the church. Pausing at the entrance, Liza teasingly asks, Lightening isn't going to strike, is it, love? They walk down the aisle and slip into a pew half-way down on the groom's side. Once seated, she takes his hand and laces their fingers, giving him a soft smile as she thinks of their own recent wedding as they wait for the ceremony to begin.

Lynna
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Logoth wrote:Logoth walks up to the doors of the church, and nods his head in greeting to Bill. He takes a spot beside the doors, and waits for his sister to arrive.

Lynna
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Gabrielle_ wrote:Gabby and Pieter arrive from Lichfield for the wedding on horseback. Pieter dismounts first, an excellent horseman, tying the horses off before assisting Gabby down.
Together they enter the church and take a seat near the back. Gabby leans towards Pieter and whispers, he smiles and nods. Sharing a quick kiss, they hold hands and await the service.

Lynna
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Gawain59 wrote:Gawain sees Liza at the church entrance. He smiles when she speaks,

"Yes, Liza, this is indeed my first wedding ceremony. Thank you, I've been looking forward to this and I'm sure I shall. "

He then turns to greet other guests as they arrive. Eventually he is relieved to see Arthur arrive. Nodding in reply to Arthur's remark, he enters the church and heads up the aisle to the altar. Taking a deep breath, he steps up to it and turns to face everyone.

Nodding to Arthur & Kenrich, he waits for them to get into place before continuing ...

Lynna
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Post  Lynna Sun Mar 22, 2009 11:17 pm

Lynna wrote:The carriage arrives at the Church and stops just in front, nervously she grabs hold of her cousins hand Gri thank you so much for coming all this way to be part of this day for us she gives her a hug and grinned Well here goes, as the footman offers a hand first to Grizelda and then to Lynna they spot Logoth waiting at the door.

As they reach him Lynna gives him a hug and a kiss on the cheek, Sorry dear Brother we were running a little late, she took a deep breath and tucked her arm in her brothers giving him a smile.

Lynna
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Post  Lynna Sun Mar 22, 2009 11:18 pm

Grizelda wrote:Taking a deep breath, Gri nods to her cousins and begins her slow procession down the aisle ahead of her cousins Lynna and Logoth.

The church appeared completely full. Some faces she recognized from her visits to Coventry, some were less familiar; all turned towards the isle expectantly, smiling and craning around to see the bridal procession begin. Remembering to breathe, Gri resisted the urge to also turn around to watch the bride as she finished her own walk down the aisle, stepping aside to make way for her radiant cousin on her brother's arm.

All the players were finally in place. The ceremony was ready to begin.

Lynna
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next