Alternative RK
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Searching for Marshie's Pink Unicorn

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Searching for Marshie's Pink Unicorn Empty Searching for Marshie's Pink Unicorn

Post  Timari Sun Feb 22, 2009 9:16 pm

For Nanari.. hahahaha happy reading

Launcelot wrote:The habit of falling in love is dangerous one to have. Falling in love leads one to all sorts of out of character behavior. Launcelot can attest to this many times over.

But at the break of this little story, he finds himself sitting in a Tavern in Dumfries, Galloway. That's a little capital town in Scotland for those with limited geography. He had just finished opening a correspondence with the Lady Marshmellow from Ireland... affectionately known as 'Marshie' to many.

You see, Launcelot has once again fallen in love. But his habit of being rather flakey in that department has preceded him. Marshie's friends and family have decided to make certain that Launcelot really means it this time and have set up a series of requirements before they will allow him to court the lovely Marshie.

And the correspondence stated very plainly that in addition to various activities that can be handled in the course of 'game play', Launcelot is to find and capture... then return to Marshie, one unicorn... in her choice of color. And dearest Marshie chose pink.

So here Launcelot sits, wondering how in heaven's name he's going to acquire a pink unicorn. Several ideas pass through his head, but the real crux of the problem is that he knows that only young ladies, pure of mind and body, can attract a unicorn. And Launcelot isn't sure he knows any of those. So in that same tavern in Dumfries, Launcelot decides to start his quest. First... to find an appropriate woman to help him, then to go and capture the unicorn.

~sigh~

This is another fine mess I've gotten myself into.

Timari
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Searching for Marshie's Pink Unicorn Empty Re: Searching for Marshie's Pink Unicorn

Post  Timari Sun Feb 22, 2009 9:17 pm

--Pink_Unicorn wrote:The leaves crunched beneath her hooves as she made her way through the snow and leaves of the winter forest. The splash of pink an anomaly against the cold frosted landscape around her. The sound of mumbling reached her sensitive ears and she moved to take cover behind a grove of evergreens out of sight and listened....

Silly human chasing magical beasts....

She turns and heads deeper into the forest. How far would the human be willing to look? what sacrifices would he make?

The elusive mythical majestic being of pure magic faded away in the mist.

Sometimes what one seeks sits right before them and they never notice it was there all along and miss the opportunity for want of chasing ghosts.....Searching for Marshie's Pink Unicorn Unicorn7b

Timari
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Searching for Marshie's Pink Unicorn Empty Re: Searching for Marshie's Pink Unicorn

Post  Timari Sun Feb 22, 2009 9:18 pm

--Giselle wrote:
Launcelot wrote:With hammer and nail in hand, he posted the job offer: Wanted 1 Virgin with 19+ Charisma for searching for mythical animals. Pay: 22 pounds... If interested, please consult Launcelot. Residing in Town Tavern.

The lovely Giselle read the sign. Times were hard. She thought she fulfilled the criteria... at least, she thought she did. She'd never played cards like that before. Not even Snap... but she thought there was more to losing one's honor than just losing your shirt at cards, so she decided to apply for the job. Very sheltered girl, young Giselle; she doesn't understand the ways of the world... and she's certainly never heard of anything like the Reavers. Mama and Papa took care to ensure that she never heard about any of the nasty things hereabouts, so when they were killed in the horrendous cart accident late last year, she was woefully unprepared for what was to come...

Setting foot in the tavern, she trilled "Sir Launcelot? Are you here?"

Timari
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Launcelot wrote:In the midst of putting away his first beer before breakfast, Launcelot looked up at the sound of his name.

"You caught me... I'm Launcelot." Noticing how lovely Giselle happened to be, Launce smiled broadly.

"I don't suppose you're here about the job offer? I really wasn't sure a qualified person resided within Dumfries." He chuckled at the thought.

"So what's your name, Princess... And how do you feel about unicorns?"

Timari
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Launcelot wrote:"Yes there are, Giselle. People with Charisma a plenty. It's just that other pesky qualification that's difficult to find."

Handing the young lady her 22 pounds... and feeling rather dirty about the circumstances. Launcelot decided to catch her up on the reason he's looking for the unicorn.

"So, I figure that unicorns are only attracted to the pure of mind and body, which unfortunately I am not. That's why I need you. You're gonna be the bait."

Launcelot smiles.

"I'll dangle you from a string, get someone to play harp music or some other nonsense, then the unicorn will fall into my clutches. Maybe I'll even get some candy to sweeten the deal for the pink little creature. I don't plan to hurt him or anything, it's gonna be a wedding gift of sorts.... at least sorta."

Looking momentarily perplexed...

"Are you up for it? And do you know where I can find a pink unicorn? My spider-sense is tingling... must mean there's one close (Launcelot looks above him in the thread). Yup... there is."

Timari
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Post  Timari Sun Feb 22, 2009 9:19 pm

--Giselle wrote:
Launcelot wrote:"I'll dangle you from a string, get someone to play harp music or some other nonsense, then the unicorn will fall into my clutches. Maybe I'll even get some candy to sweeten the deal for the pink little creature. I don't plan to hurt him or anything, it's gonna be a wedding gift of sorts.... at least sorta."

She looks horrified.

"Clutches? Oh dear me no. You can't hurt it. Not that I think you could hurt a huge horse with a spike for a nose, but you mustn't hurt it...

On hearing that he doesn't mean to cause the animal harm, however, and hearing his explanation for such unmasculine pursuits, she melts...

I'll help you catch one... if it's for love... you wish to be wedded to your one true love but she is held captive by an evil witch or something? I read about that sort of thing in a book! Are you a prince or a hero, then? I think I'm what you asked for on your poster. I used to help the priest tidy up the church, anyway."

Spelling is not her strong point, either.

/ooc If this were a film, at this point she would break into some nausea-inducing song, but I shall spare you the pain. Twisted Evil

Timari
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Post  Timari Sun Feb 22, 2009 9:21 pm

Launcelot wrote:"Unbelievable," Launcelot thought to himself as he heard the young lady speak. "I had no idea that people like this existed. Not in Dumfries at least... or Galloway... or even Scotland."

"It is for true love," Launcelot wondered whether or not he was lying. "Though the ones holding Marshie are actually her friends and family. See though I may be a prince and am most certainly a hero, I seem to have a gotten a somewhat different reputation. I am seriously misunderstood."

Launcelot reached out and offered Giselle his hand. "Shall we go and see if we can convince a pink unicorn to help me get married?"

Launcelot then turned to Shamgar, still drunk at the bar. "Brother," he spoke. "I don't suppose there's a chance that you're capable of playing some sort of charming musical instrument?"

Launce had found a virgin, who knows? Maybe Shamgar is a musical genius and has a harp in the back room... He was willing to take that leap of faith, after all... he's chasing a pink unicorn.

Timari
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Post  Timari Sun Feb 22, 2009 9:22 pm

--Pink_unicorn wrote:The frosty evening air began to settle over the wood as the sun dipped low on the horizon and the silvery moon rose to hang over the treetops shrouded in mist. Once more the pinkened creature of myth and magic moved among the trees. Delicate hoofprints leaving a trail in her wake through the snow covered leaves beneath her. The forest creatures bowed as she walked by and the pixies even crept from their holly and ivies to for the rare sight that graced their presence this eve.

The wonder of twilight covered the land as the creature approached the forest edge and gazed toward the amber lights scattered through the town ahead and her large soulful eyes settled on those of the Tavern as the heavy wooden door creaked open and slammed against the cold over and over as patrons came and went, most looking much happier on their exit and at least one or two glancing her way and then rubbing their eyes and muttering to Jah as their steps quickened headed away from the pub and the ale they had consumed far too much of ( perhaps the Priest would owe her a debt come Sunday morn)

The Unicorn slipped softly acoss the snowy grasses and leaves and made her way quietly and unseen a bit closer to the tavern, all the while intently aware of her surroundings and ready to take flight. The Owls of the forest sat watch over her path and the Fae folk whispered among themselves as they kept watch as well.

There the curious human sat there among a growing bevy of beauties and a few inebriated gentlemen weaving his tale of woe and heroic deeds and trying to follow his vision of how to achieve a gift for a bride to be.

The Unicorn, though the most pure form of magic on earth cannot profess to understand the ways of humans. However love is something she understands and she wonders why love alone is not enough and asks for a seemingly impossible gift to prove itself.

Perhaps the man should begin the search in his own heart before he scours the forest with a harem of virgins and a drunken magician...

Perhaps there is more to luring the Unicorn than beauty and music....so much more.

Turning her head back toward the forest she moved as if she bore wings and sailed over the landscape once more to disappear in the mists beyond.

When the sky is light you can find her there
Greeting the dawn with a shake of her hair
Telling the glen folk that she’s still here
Their protector through the ages will always be here
Try to find her if you can she’s always there
Never where you look but only where you don’t
That’s part of her magic that helps her take care
Of the glen folk in her care
Look with your heart not with your eyes
The heart of the pure can see while the eyes are always blind
In my heart I have found her a dozen times over
But my eyes have never seen the unicorn
Searching for Marshie's Pink Unicorn Unicorn7b

Timari
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Post  Timari Sun Feb 22, 2009 9:22 pm

Jadeking wrote:Jade was still busy trying to drink all the ale she could when she heard that young man there speak.

Jade walked upto the man and said "I can play the flute if you want me to....And I could probably attract the Unicorn too."

Timari
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Post  Timari Sun Feb 22, 2009 9:23 pm

--Giselle wrote:Giselle grinned at Jadeking.

"Well that's settled then! With all of us on the trail, we can't possibly fail! When do we begin?"

Timari
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Post  Timari Sun Feb 22, 2009 9:24 pm

Launcelot wrote:"I suspect that we have to walk out the door and find some trees. Probably an unmolested forest would be best, but you're the virgin. You tell me. Where would you look for a pink unicorn?"

Launcelot felt extremely silly.

Timari
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

--Faery_o_the_wood wrote:The tiny little pixie went unnoticed but nearly got squashed by the man's boot as she slipped over the threshold into the pub and alighted upon a dusty windowsill.

The forest was all a titter over the sight of the pink unicorn and everyone wanted to know why she had appeared and what her interest was in this place which was entirely too loud and noisy and stinking of human was, Not pleasant at all!

Hearing the exchange the wee faery nearly laughed herself off the window sill and into a mug of ale left half drunk on the table below.

Well what do these humans expect? A trail of pink Unicorn poop to follow?
perhaps a rainbow to appear marking the magical meadow?

The little sprite hopped down and made a beeline for the door as it opened once more.

Our beloved Unicorn is safe methinks! and she went laughing out the door in a fit of giggles running to tell the others what she had learned and perhaps dream up some mischief to make their journey more interesting.

Timari
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

--Virgin wrote:Searching for Marshie's Pink Unicorn Catwoman_halle

......'Tis the new year 1457. Pink is the new black.'

Unicorn's blood was the best to be spilt and Virgin craved the adrenaline, the excitement one gets from the satisfying slaughter of innocence. Experienced and highly skilled, Virgin had tracked the pink unicorn since the first flakes of snow started to fall for the winter. Now she was here in Dumfries, stepping into the forests determined to add the elusive pink unicorn to her collection of mythical heads. Skinning a unicorn was an ecstasy unimaginable, for Virgin could already picture her sensual tanned body in a new hot pink leather outfit.

For although she was named Virgin by birth, she was naught by no means a virgin in this practice.

Timari
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Post  Timari Sun Feb 22, 2009 9:25 pm

Launcelot wrote:Stepping out of the Tavern in Dumfries, with Giselle, Shagmar and the unmelodious flute player... Launcelot gets the disturbing feeling that there is trouble afoot. (actually, he just read the past couple of posts in this thread)

Launce has absolutely no experience with magic.. so he can't smell it or see it or sense it in any way. And thus he seems to be at a disadvantage around here.

"I suppose we should be looking for hoof prints or sparkling pink dust on the horizon.... maybe a winter rainbow? I have no idea. But...

The night before, while in bed dreaming of Marshie... he had seen her dancing in the moonlight. The light reflecting from the snowfall, lending an enchanting glow to her skin. As he watched her dance... he thought he recognized the hilltop they were on. It was on the node north of Wigtown, a place where the Reavers had camped out to attack the RSA some time before. It was as good a place as any to begin the search.

"Alright... you're gonna have to trust me. I have a plan."

Timari
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Post  Timari Sun Feb 22, 2009 9:26 pm

--Katherine_beaton wrote:Katherine became aware of a ticklish spicy odor and located it somewhere to her left. Following, she saw something stuck in a bare, grey thorn bush. It was translucent, smokey, and.....pink. She stared for a few minutes and reached her hand back in her hood to scratch her neck. It was what she thought it was, a single unicorn hair, but it was definitly not a normal color. She's heard stories of black or even once a red unicorn but this was completely unprecedented. Who on earth would think up a pink unicorn? It must be worth a fortune to someone.
She reached carefully out to the strand of hair, trying not to startle it away. It would be most usefull in tracking the beast. Just as she was about to close her fingers on it there was a small flash in front of her face and something small and hard hit her between the eyes. So there she lay with a silly smile on her face dreaming fairy dreams in which a big handsome man brought her all kinds of nice things to eat and they rode around together with a colorful entourage.

Timari
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

--Giselle wrote:"Well, in all the stories I read, the hero wins the hand of the fair maid if he is pure of heart. So perhaps if you wish hard enough, the Pink Unicorn will feel your love and come find you?"

Giselle is wide-eyed with empty-headed concern... poor Launcelot doesn't seem to have much self-esteem, and she is worried that the fair maiden won't get her pink unicorn and the love of a hero after all...

Timari
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Launcelot wrote:OOC: no self esteem? You gotta be kidding me.

IC: "Pure of heart?" Launcelot questioned. "You mean I have be pure of heart to attract a unicorn?"

He leaned against a tree.

"Um, that's gonna be kinda hard... cause, I... uh... I'm definately not pure of heart. And wishing that love will attract the creature... "

"Can't you get it to come to you? I mean you're pure of heart and all."

Timari
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Post  Timari Sun Feb 22, 2009 9:27 pm

--Faery_o_the_wood wrote:The little sprite could stand no more
of the silly man and his perhaps doomed chore.
If ever the man will have hope to succeed
he twill of direction and map have great need

her tiny wings took flight just then
and flittered away to find her kin
and soon she returned in winged flight
with a parchment to her back tied tight

and in the tree branch just so high
the parchement fell with a soft little sigh
It landed there in his ebony hair
as if an angel had dropped it there.

Up went his hand to brush it away
thinking it a leaf that had blown his way
a puzzled look as his hand held the scroll
and slowly he read as he began to unroll:

[rp]FINDING UNICORNS FOR DUMMIES:

The Unicorn is most often found in :

*flower meadows hidden from the public
    *in woods and forests
    *near waterfalls
    *where nature remains wild
    *near apple and cedar trees (especially on moonlit nights)
    *where holly grows wild and free (especially between July 8 and August 4)
    *at spots where butterflies gather
    *near streams abundant with dragonflies
    *here strawberries grow wild
    *where swans are found
[/rp]

It was not a trail of crumbs she gave
perhaps however his way was paved
to find the Unicorn and very soon
so he can have his Honeymoon.

and off she flew and left the groom
to her cozy bed neath the spotted mushroom.

Timari
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Post  Timari Sun Feb 22, 2009 9:27 pm

Launcelot wrote:With leaf sized scroll in hand, Launcelot suddenly had the distinct feeling of being watched. He squinted his eyes so he could read the faerie sized script.

"Um... I think we're gonna need to head to an orchard town. Maybe one with apples. Or a wood town, one with cedars. Isn't Wigtown a wood town? Yes! And there's a lovely meadow next to the hill north of it. I seem to remember a stream too.. I don't know about dragonflies or waterfalls... but since this is a fantasy RP, I suppose anything is possible."

Turning to the pure of heart virgin, "Let's go. We have to hurry. I don't know why, but I think Catwoman is after the unicorn too. It's just a hunch."

Timari
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Post  Timari Sun Feb 22, 2009 9:28 pm

--Virgin wrote:How baseless of a man to be aided by vacuous virgins, a freehanded faery, and some dishonorable power he possessed by looking at the previous posts. Only one word needed to fully describe such a wretched man.

CHEATER

Launcelot... Launcelot... Wherefore art thou a hero?

'Twas positively absurd! To think that the man believed himself deserving enough for a maiden's hand. A maiden so immaculate and unattainable that she dares ask for the impossible pink unicorn. Can he honestly say HE had captured it? Whatever maiden he sought shall never be impressed, and nary a spot of admiration because of that generous help he received on this quest. The fair maiden might as well marry the virgins and the pixie, for the roguish man truly had no worth of his own.

Launcelot wrote:One eye opened... "I'm allergic to cat's you know.

But you see, at least the Virgin had an advantage. For she was real and raw and catty, that when she overcomes the unicorn and the pathetic entourage that was the Launcelot crew, the glory was truly befitting. It would be by Virgin's insurmountable wrath and power alone.

Searching for Marshie's Pink Unicorn 145517__cat_l
Virgin followed the remnants of faery dust that still dwelt upon the wild brush of the forest. She could feel the woods pulsing with magic and with whip in hand, she cracked upon every haven of nature so that all the noises of the forests soon wove itself into an eerie evil melody. The Virgin lavished honey upon her chest, the sticky scent permeating the dense air of the cool Winter. First, it was sexy. But importantly, it was rumoured to lure in the evil spirits and dark beasts. At least Virgin would try this old wive's tale as this misty search dragged on much longer than she expected. Especially with the Launce brigand eager to step on her tail, one had to work faster than a cat could purr "meow".

Timari
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Post  Timari Sun Feb 22, 2009 9:28 pm

--Giselle wrote:"Erm... do you have a horse or anything?

Timari
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Post  Timari Sun Feb 22, 2009 9:29 pm

--Faery_o_the_wood wrote:The wee faery bangs her head on the soft underside of the mushroom and begins to lament to no one in particular that the man is sorely ill prepared for this undertaking and she is not convinced his merry entourage are up to the task either.

Very well then...

She alights on the top of the mushroom and begins to chant, her hand filled with pixie dust.

[rp]By the light of the Moon, By the Light of the star
Bless the wanderer who must needs travel far
Bless their jounrey as they set course and
Provide for them the sacred Horse.[/rp]

The wee fae then leaned her tiny lips to her wee hand and blew and sparkling pixie dust covered two ants marching by and suddenly in their place stood huge horses black as midnight, and the horses eyes were wild for a moment as they stared at one another then just as suddenly looked down with a start as they heard a might sneeze in the grasses below.

She stood shooing them toward the woods edge and the rag tag travelers standing about looking at one another as if an answer would fall from the stars.

The horses suddenly understood their destiny and galloped from the wood toward the waiting man and his entourage.

Surely thought the wee sprite, the journey can begin now.

Timari
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Post  Timari Sun Feb 22, 2009 9:29 pm

Launcelot wrote:"A horse... um..." Launcelot was suddenly acutely aware of the fact that he didn't have a horse.

When what should appear galloping through the brush but two black horses that seemed very eager to help him on his quest for the pink unicorn.

"Seems I do, in fact, have a horse or two," Launce smiled at Giselle. "Fate loves me."

Pulling Giselle up behind him on the first horse and allowing the remainder of his silent entourage to partake of the other horsey, they bolted off through the trees towards Wigtown.

Counting on his fingers...one, two, three nodes to where we're going. Horsey travel increases node travel by one. Carry the two, subtract the three. Ha! we'll be there by the time this post is done being typed!"

With a wicked smile and a determined look upon his face, Launcelot galloped towards the meadow.

"Do you smell honey?" he turned to Giselle. "Because I distinctly smell honey... honey and perhaps leather... maybe even honey smeared on leather."

Pausing for effect.

"I feel strangely drawn towards the smell as though I were a dark beast under some sort of spell. Odd, don't you think?"

Unconsciously, Launcelot veered towards the provocative smell, continuing to gallop...

"Honey, leather... and marshmellows."

Timari
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Post  Timari Sun Feb 22, 2009 9:31 pm

--Fairy_Duchess wrote:Posting on special request under this name

She floats idly through the forests, her task: to aid the magical creatures within and protect them if needs be. But how to protect them, she is unsure. Her heart is too soft to kill, and her thoughts so easily distracted from the tasks at hand that she often forgets what she is supposed to be doing. Oh, what a pretty flow... No, focus!

The unicorn was special, sacred, and must be allowed to roam free. She had heard such terrible, vicious rumours, that a man was abusing the good faith of a pure, innocent girl to lure it into a trap. She must find the unicorn and protec... oh shiny! NO, FOCUS!

She must find the unicorn and protect it, she must focus on her task, she must not be distracted by the pretty, shiny things.

Timari
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Post  Timari Sun Feb 22, 2009 9:31 pm

--Giselle wrote:Giselle was not used to riding, and was using all her effort to try not to fall off...

"Can't.... really... smell much... apart from... horse!"

Timari
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum