Alternative RK
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wooly Winter Festival Sheep Race

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Wooly Winter Festival Sheep Race Empty Wooly Winter Festival Sheep Race

Post  Aasha Sun Jan 11, 2009 2:46 pm

This was taken from the Wooly Winter Festival, and starts at the mention of the sheep race. The original thread was started 11 Jan 1455, and is being reposted here by special request:

Zogdor wrote:Zogdor looks around suddenly perplexed by something.

"Wait a minute! Where are the sheep?"
Aasha
Aasha
Admin

Back to top Go down

Wooly Winter Festival Sheep Race Empty Re: Wooly Winter Festival Sheep Race

Post  Aasha Sun Jan 11, 2009 2:47 pm

Desideratist wrote:Desi laughs...

"Did you bring one? Are we having a Sheep Show? Or perhaps a display of performing sheep?

I did bring a little one of mine... she didn't get on well with her mother, so I'm feeding her myself, and I couldn't bear to leave her at home. I left her running about outside in a pen... Come and see her! One of my Shetlands."

Fired with enthusiasm and knowing Zogdor to be a sheep fan, she pulls him by the jacket arm into the grounds and proudly shows off her lamb.

Wooly Winter Festival Sheep Race Shetlamb3

"I like goat kids too, but they have funny eyes. This one is called Shiner."
Aasha
Aasha
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Aasha Sun Jan 11, 2009 2:48 pm

Zogdor wrote:Glad to see that He wasn't the only one to bring one of his ovine friends with him, Zogdor decided it was time to present the pride of his flock Look at this charming couple, their names are Eidur and Björk, I picked them up from an Icelandic trader a few months back. Let's have a most beautiful sheep competition

Wooly Winter Festival Sheep Race Eidur

Wooly Winter Festival Sheep Race Bjork
Aasha
Aasha
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Aasha Sun Jan 11, 2009 2:48 pm

Desideratist wrote:Desi giggles at Zogdor.

"Miss Beautiful Sheep 1456? Do they have to wear evening dress?

They are very nice sheep though. The ewe is particularly perky-looking..."
Aasha
Aasha
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Aasha Sun Jan 11, 2009 2:49 pm

Manerta wrote:Manerta chats a while with her niece, exchanging news. Then she looks around the tavern, that has have filled up with chattering and laughing guests. Manerta clinks her glass with her finger to gain attention.

'Dear fellow S.O.W members and dear guests, I'd like to welcome you all to the Wooly Winter Festival. Tonight we will have a delicious dinner with dancing all through the evening. And in the coming days there will be some contests and other fun around the S.O.W Guild Hall. The new guild Hall is one reason for our celebration. The other reason is that especially in the cold winter it is great to have warm wool of sheep and warm clothes woven by weavers. So what better time to celebrate than in the middle of winter? Let's all drink to sheep and all things wooly!'

Manerta raises her glass to salute the room and takes a few sips of the wine.
Aasha
Aasha
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Aasha Sun Jan 11, 2009 2:49 pm

Desideratist wrote:Desi whispers to Zogdor... I think now may be the time.

"Ahem! The sheep fanatics of Staffordshire have a special surprise for you all. Sheep racing!"

Wooly Winter Festival Sheep Race Race5c3f5bcg3

"If anyone has brought a particularly speedy sheep, please bring them forward to be entered into the running... Zog is our resident doctor so will be checking all the entrants for health and doping before we begin... racing will start after we've eaten."
Aasha
Aasha
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Aasha Sun Jan 11, 2009 2:50 pm

Zogdor wrote:ah the joys of a good old fashioned sheep race. Eidur's been looking forward to that all year long. He's been hard in training so expect some tough competition all those who dare to enter.
Aasha
Aasha
Admin

Back to top Go down

Desideratist wrote:"In addition to my lamb I have also brought my nippy little Shetland ewe, Morag. She's the winner. No doubt. Your Eidur's got all that hornage to cart around. His head's too heavy."

Ladies and gentlemen, I give you, the lovely Morag:"

Wooly Winter Festival Sheep Race Whiteshpbb85c2apc3
Aasha
Aasha
Admin

Back to top Go down

Timari wrote:Sheep racing! Timari had entered the festival with perfect timing. It would warm her heart to see sheep race. Oh, the reveries that overwhelmed her, as she pictured her beloved sheep Bob, who had once raced so gallantly in the past. In her mind, Bob now raced in the heavenly sheepy lands, where there were no cooks or evil imperialist aunties to stand in his way.

With her now was her handsome and precious sheep, Bobby.
Wooly Winter Festival Sheep Race Sheep-1

Bobby was a healthy sheep, as Timari made it certain that he would have a golden diet. He was not a professional racer though because Timari mainly kept him as a companion to spend her lonely and thoughtful moments with. Nonetheless, she would have Bobby try out for this race. Perhaps, Bobby might come out to resemble a racing characteristic that once were beautifully true in ol' Bob. Either way, seeing Bobby race would make her proud, whether he lazily ended up last or strided in with the sheepy win.

"Here is Bobby of the Phoenix family. He is merely a beginner for this race, but I'll be proud of him regardless of how he will do"

The lady Desi had brought for a beautiful and athletic ewe for the race. Timari had planned a match for Bobby with Suan's little lambs. But if this race, Desi's ewe come out the victor, Timari hoped perhaps Bobby might be a sheeply suitor to the victor.
Aasha
Aasha
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Aasha Sun Jan 11, 2009 2:51 pm

Desideratist wrote:/ooc Sheep racing... now a sheep dating service!
Aasha
Aasha
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Aasha Sun Jan 11, 2009 2:51 pm

Manerta wrote:Manerta hides a smile at Avis' fit of giggles and replies:

'Thank you Miss Bradshaw, I'm sure I will enjoy myself tonight. And I'm very pleased to meet you. Now I think we should all find a place to sit and start to eat before the food gets cold.'

Manerta is just about to sit down when Desi announces the sheep race. She grins at the prospect and claps with the other guests when the first racing sheep are paraded before them. Then she sits down to start on the delicious food, chatting with her neighbours about who will win the race and the favour of Desis ewe.
Aasha
Aasha
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Aasha Sun Jan 11, 2009 2:52 pm

Desideratist wrote:Desi attaches a halter to her ewe, and brings her to one side.

"Come here Morag... stay away from those two rams... they've got a springtime look in their eyes. Keep your mind on the race, my woolly treasure...males are nothing but trouble."
Aasha
Aasha
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Aasha Sun Jan 11, 2009 2:52 pm

---fromENAranion wrote:Watching as Avis coughs and splutters, Aranion couldn't help but laugh,

"I am so sorry for knocking you", he apologised. As she recovered, the servants came out carrying the food. Holding out a chair for her, Avis sat down with Aranion beside her.

As they started to eat the food, a line of sheep were paraded in front of them and a brief shadow of loss swept across Aranion's thoughts as he remembered Minty, the sheep that Avis had given him. 'Rest in Peace Minty, you would have loved the racing', he thought.

Looking at the contestants, he couldn't decide which looked the best and he hadn't really thought of racing sheep and so he didn't know what made a good runner, turning to Avis hoping that she could perhaps spread some light on the subject he asked,

"So which one do you like the look of then? You pick and I will place the wager."
Aasha
Aasha
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Aasha Sun Jan 11, 2009 2:53 pm

---fromENAvis_Bradshawe wrote:As the sheep were paraded around the room Avis eyed each of them carefully. Her eyes had widened and her eyebrows had raised knowing Aranion would surely find a way to take credit if the sheep she chose won and even more sure he would tease her for the rest of eternity if it lost. She should probably back out of the task but she was not one to miss the opportunity to gamble a bit and she did love a good race.

She had no idea what made a sheep fast but after looking each over she pointed to one, smiled at Aranion, and asked,

"How about that one?"

She was pointing at the one who's owner was struggling to keep hold of. She thought for sure he was ready to run and if he ever got loose he would run like the wind. She giggled watching the owner of the excited sheep trying to regain control.
Aasha
Aasha
Admin

Back to top Go down

---fromENAranion wrote:"Good choice Avis, thats Morag I believe. Although those 2 rams look frisky enough. Hmmm?

Deciding to opt for the ewe, Aranion looks around to see if there isanyone else taking bets. Not noticing anyone in particular, he stands up and holding a small purse of money in his hand shouts to everyone,

"Ten pounds says the ewe Morag will win! Will anyone take this bet?"
Aasha
Aasha
Admin

Back to top Go down

Zogdor wrote:Standing back, Zogdor chuckles to himself

"Hehe, they listend to a Baroness with strong words who thinks her ewe can beat Eidur the Icelandic racing sheep... That'll raise his odds and I can make a packet out of this"

Then he announces to the crowd.

Yes indeed, it seems that The Baroness has a mighty fine specimen there in Morag, I'm not sure how Eidur will cope
Aasha
Aasha
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Aasha Sun Jan 11, 2009 2:54 pm

Desideratist wrote:"You eyeing up my Morag for your bloodlines, eh? If you want a lamb out of her you'll have to pay a fee...

I'm sure your ram will cope very well. He's a rather handsome devil himself..." ;-)

Desi wonders if all the entries for the race are ready.

"Right, we need a referee." /ooc with their own dice Wink
Aasha
Aasha
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Aasha Sun Jan 11, 2009 2:54 pm

Mommikerri wrote:Standing alone, she hoped to attract no attention. Pulling her hat lower to hide her facial features, she wrapped her coat closer to her body. Critically looking at all the sheep, she focused on Bobby, a chuckle escaped and she looked around to see if anyone heard it.

Nonchalantly, she moved among the crowd.
Aasha
Aasha
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Aasha Sun Jan 11, 2009 2:57 pm

Manerta wrote:Manerta has been lost in sheepy and non-sheepy conversation with her neighbours. Now she notices that the tavern room is emptying and says.

'Oh it seems the sheep race is about to start! Let's go or we won't get good place to watch!'

Manerta joins the people going out and finds a place at the racecourse to watch the race.
Aasha
Aasha
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Aasha Sun Jan 11, 2009 2:58 pm

Tenshi_no_ongaku wrote:How exciting! I've never seen a sheep race before! I wish I brought Phooey...she's so good at running away I bet she could win. Oh well...maybe next time.

Tenshi giggles and follows everyone to watch the event.
Aasha
Aasha
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Aasha Sun Jan 11, 2009 2:59 pm

Timari wrote:"Okay Bobby... you ready for this?"

Timari started her pep talk with her boy sheepy Bobby. Petting him gently, she continued her speech.

"Show people what you got. This is for all of those, specifically you-know-who, who said that sheep are good for stew, and that's it. Prove it to her and them that you're worth more. No matter what, whatever happens, I'm proud of you. "

It was a glorious moment, and Timari would be proud to see Bobby race with his heart.

"Now remember to keep your eye on the finish. Run like your Uncle Robby when he gets chased by an angry mob with machetes. I don't have any carrots waiting for you like I do with Esroh... But if you do win, I'll let you sleep in you-know-who's bed one of these days..."

With a grin, she led Bobby to the starting point.
Aasha
Aasha
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Aasha Sun Jan 11, 2009 3:00 pm

Lord_justinan wrote:All eyes are on the flock of fleet-footed sheep, they're positioned on the starting line for a unique race.

Justin is there to support Bobby,the woolly jumber, proud flock member of Bridgewater.

Come on Bobby,make my sister Timi and me proud.

Justin turns to the girl next to him,
I am telling you, you don't wanna miss this ,Bobby have been practising for the past few weeks over mini fences.
He is a true woolly champ.

Come on Boy!!

Wooly Winter Festival Sheep Race Bobieboy
Aasha
Aasha
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Aasha Sun Jan 11, 2009 3:01 pm

Zogdor wrote:Zogdor takes Eidur aside and gives him one last pep talk before the race begins.

Now remember Eidur, all you need to do is go out there and show them what you've got, you have the skill to win this race but winning is not the most important thing. The most important thing is to do your best and enjoy yourself at the same time, then you will make me proud and of course you'll make Björk proud too! So forget about the pressure and the prize, the glory and the fame - just do it for the love of the sport.

He pats his back and leads him back into the starting position.

Oh yeah and by the way, if you don't win, you'll be in the sheep dip for a week with only slime to eat. Hop to it!
Aasha
Aasha
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Aasha Sun Jan 11, 2009 3:01 pm

Desideratist wrote:Desi brings Morag to the start line, pokes her tongue out at Zogdor, and holds the eager, struggling sheep until the race is on...
Aasha
Aasha
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Aasha Sun Jan 11, 2009 3:02 pm

Manerta wrote:Mrs Pettigrew, the Secretary of the S.O.W Guild, makes her way through the crowds towards the start line of the race to take up the referee's post. She looks at the three sheep, Bobby, Eidur and Morag, who are so eager to race that their owners can barely hold them back.

'Well it seems this will be an exciting race. Are there any other entrants than those three sheep?'

[OOC] I'll start the race at 23:00 GMT today, so any other entrants please come to the racetrack until then!
Aasha
Aasha
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum