Alternative RK
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[RP] Baptism of Lizabet and Arthur_Loxley

Go down

[RP] Baptism of Lizabet and Arthur_Loxley Empty [RP] Baptism of Lizabet and Arthur_Loxley

Post  arthur_loxley Fri Feb 12, 2010 3:13 pm

leanasidhe wrote:Deaconess Leana finished sweeping the floor and put the broom away. She then lit some candles and kneeled down to offer a prayer to Jah to thank Him for this beautiful day and for giving her the opportunity to bring two more members, Lizabeth and Arthur_loxley, into His family.
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

[RP] Baptism of Lizabet and Arthur_Loxley Empty Re: [RP] Baptism of Lizabet and Arthur_Loxley

Arthur_loxley wrote:Walking inside St. Mary's church with Lizabet, we walk down the center aisle making our way towards the Deaconess.

Morning Deaconess.. It sure is a bright morning, isn't it?
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

[RP] Baptism of Lizabet and Arthur_Loxley Empty Re: [RP] Baptism of Lizabet and Arthur_Loxley

Lizabet wrote:Lizabet quietly walks into the church with Arthur, only leaning slightly on his arm. Though small, the church was beautiful, the sun shining brightly through the windows, the glowing candles adding to a sense of serenity and peace. A bit nervously, she approaches the Deaconess with Arthur.
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

leanasidhe wrote:Leana smiled when she sees Lizabeth and Arthur approaching and she gestured that the two sit down in front of her. Since this was to be a relatively informal baptism because there was no one else in the church, she wanted them to feel at ease. Once they had settled in, she cleared her throat and spoke.

"Greetings, Liza and Arthur, and welcome. Both of you are on the beginning of the road to purification, on the path of freedom from a purely material vision of the world, and on the threshold of infinite access to the world of Ideas. This path will lead you to Paradise."

She paused to let the words sink in and then asked, "Do you swear allegiance to the Aristotelian Church?"
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Lizabet wrote:Lizabet gratefully takes a seat. As the deaconess begins to speak, she bows her head and closes her eyes, clasping her hands tightly together in her lap. She sends a prayer to Jah to still the confusion in her heart and to send her serenity and wisdom. Over the soothing voice of the Deaconess and the silence of the church, she can hear the birds outside singing. A feeling of peace overcomes her. As she hears the Deaconess ask them a question, she raises her glance to her. She smiles as she gives her answer in a clear voice.

Yes, I do.
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Arthur_loxley wrote:Listening to the words being spoken by the Deaconess, I answer her inquiry:

Yes, I do.

Looking over to Liz and seeing her concentration, I clasp my hands to mimic hers, whilst continuing to listen to the Deaconess Leana.
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

leanasidhe wrote:After the two answer, Leana asks them to recite the Creed. A beam of sunlight enters the window behind the altar and lights the faces of the two before her.
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Post  arthur_loxley Fri Feb 12, 2010 3:14 pm

Arthur_loxley wrote:Looking about the floor, I clear my throat.. not knowing where to begin.. I'd forgot to ask Liz about the creed! How could I forget.....

Searching my memory from reading long ago, I speak softly in case I make a mistake:

I believe in God, the all powerful Father,
Creator of the Sky and the Earth....

Hell and Paradise,
Judge of our heart until the hour of death..

Closing my eyes and continuing..

And in Aristotle, the prophet,
The son of Nicomaque and Phaetis...

Sent to teach wisdom
And the divine laws of the Universe to straying men...

Peeking through one eye, I keep an eye on the Deaconess to see if I am remembering it correctly.. Not noticing any change in her expression, I continue.

I also believe in Christ,
Son of Mary and Joseph.
Who dedicated His life to show us the way to Paradise...

Thus after He suffered under Pilate,
He died as a martyr to save us...

He joined the Sun where Aristotle waited on the right-hand side of the Father...

Smiling as I know the ending quiet well. Having heard this repeated often whilst on my previous travels. I was always late entering the Church while away on business.

I believe in Divine Action;
In the Holy Roman Aristotelian Church;
In the communion of Saints;
In the remission of sins;
In Eternal Life.

AMEN - I state emphatically, knowing I am done with the creed.
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Lizabet wrote:Seeing Arthur's hesitation and quiet reply, Lizabet gently squeezes his hand in encouragement. She smiles as he ends with his emphatic Amen.

I'm impressed, I didn't even recite the Creed for him on the way here, she thinks.

She turns her attention to the Deaconess, taking a deep breath before she begins to quell her own nervousness.

I believe in God, the all powerful Father,
Creator of the Sky and the Earth,
Hell and Paradise,
Judge of our heart until the hour of death.

And in Aristotle, the prophet,
The son of Nicomaque and Phaetis,
Sent to teach wisdom
And the divine laws of the Universe to straying men.

I also believe in Christ,
Son of Mary and Joseph.
Who dedicated His life to show us the way to Paradise.
Thus after He suffered under Pilate,
He died as a martyr to save us.
He joined the Sun where Aristotle waited on the right-hand side of the Father.

I believe in Divine Action;
In the Holy Roman Aristotelian Church;
In the communion of Saints;
In the remission of sins;
In Eternal Life.

Amen
, she ends, relieved she hadn't stumbled over the words.
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Invisible007 wrote:Lizabeth, Arthur_Loxley my sons,

Welcome in the familly of Jah, the URAC Smile
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Arthur_loxley wrote:OOC : Thanks!
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

leanasidhe wrote:Leana didn't hear the bishop enter the church and almost jumped when his voice spoke from the rear of the church to welcome Arthur and Lizabeth into Jah's family.

She puts her hands on Lizabeth's head, whispers, then extends her hand to help her stand up. She then repeats the process for Arthur_Loxley. "Go in peace. You are now in the family of Aristotle."

Then she gestures to the bishop and asks if the three would care to share a picnic lunch as it's a beautiful day.
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Arthur_loxley wrote:Standing up, I look back to the Bishop.

I could eat.. Smiles to the Deaconess and then back to the Bishop.
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Invisible007 wrote:
leanasidhe wrote:Then she gestures to the bishop and asks if the three would care to share a picnic lunch as it's a beautiful day.
What an excellent idea!
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Post  arthur_loxley Fri Feb 12, 2010 3:15 pm

Lizabet wrote:Lizabet smiles at the Deaconess. Thank you, that would be wonderful.
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

leanasidhe wrote:"Excellent! I don't get a lot of visitors here and I was thinking of looking for Father Enor as I haven't had the pleasure of meeting him. Maybe we'll see him on our way to the park."
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Tressa wrote:Welcome to my new sister and brother in Jah!!
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Lizabet wrote:Thank you, Tressa Smile

And thank you, Leana, for performing the ceremony for us. It was perfect Smile
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

leanasidhe wrote:You're welcome. It was my pleasure and I am honored that you asked me.
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Post  arthur_loxley Fri Feb 12, 2010 3:16 pm

Arthur_loxley wrote:Thanks Leana!!!!!!!!! Cool

and Thanks Tressa! Smile
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down