Alternative RK
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[RP] HoP Balustrade

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

[RP] HoP Balustrade Empty [RP] HoP Balustrade

Post  arthur_loxley Fri Feb 12, 2010 12:41 pm

Arthur_loxley wrote:Arthur added to the guide he had started writing not too long ago.

Guide for Newbies wrote:First things first. It is important to note that certain people should be heavily, and equally, ignored on all levels:

1a. Marzena / 1b. Shamu
2a. Lorddragon / 2b. Steei
3a. Salter

There may be more.. but for now, avoiding and ignoring these people will tremendously help you remain sane while starting your political career in the Kingdom of England. Yes, many wish for these people to venture (and get killed!) by armies in Scotland, but alas, they remain in England to destroy the institutions of our country.

One down.. four to go.

He hid the document from those in the balustrade especially since those on the HoP floor kept venturing up. He refused to show it to anyone unless personally asked. He tucked the guide between his other documents and kept it secret.

OOC: You can't see it. Don't try to look over my shoulder or godmod me or this document. Unless I show it to you, I don't want it referenced from your mouth - IC or OOC.
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

[RP] HoP Balustrade Empty Re: [RP] HoP Balustrade

Faradorn wrote:OOC: Isn't RP encouraged but not enforced? :?

Lets untangle this, you are showing the players, but not the characters, and the stuff you are showing, but not showing, is about the characters concerned, who may or may not RP.

The problem is, are you showing this IC or OOC?, if it's IC, why can we see the list if it's hidden IC? Ergo, it's an OOC critique of IG characters. Forgive me if I have tangled myself up trying to get this.
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Marya wrote:OOC: It's called "narrative". It happens in stories quite a lot. The reader can see things that the characters can't and enjoys reading more as a result. As a player, I'm enjoying reading, and laughing. If my character ever saw that document, she'd be shocked and horrified that anyone would say anything so nasty: but she can't. Seems simple enough to me.
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Steei wrote:rp

seeing smoke spiral from Arthur_loxley ears as he is thinking hard as he writes on his parchment runs over grabbing the fire bucket dipping it into the barrel of water and douses the man and his parchment

it is ok everyone the fire seems to be out I suggest we keep Athurs hard thinking to a minimum who knows how much damage he could cause with trying to think so hard
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Post  arthur_loxley Fri Feb 12, 2010 12:42 pm

Faradorn wrote:OOC: The thing about a story with narrative is it isn't USUALLY written about you. If these people don't RP (which you don't have to) it could be construed as rather offensive, is all.

I've noticed the political debate slip off track before and be reduced into narrative in which a character can insult someone with thought, yet their character gets away with it because they didn't speak it.

It's hard to compare RK to a story or a play, for there are real people behind the characters, who may not be using a character to play the game and there being no pre existent script.
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Arthur_loxley wrote:
Steei wrote:rp

seeing smoke spiral from Arthur_loxley ears as he is thinking hard as he writes on his parchment runs over grabbing the fire bucket dipping it into the barrel of water and douses the man and his parchment

it is ok everyone the fire seems to be out I suggest we keep Athurs hard thinking to a minimum who knows how much damage he could cause with trying to think so hard

OOC: Did you get my permission to throw water on me? Rolling Eyes

Feeling the water on his body and the complete disrespect from the man, Arthur stood. He handed the parchment to his friend Rain, knowing she would never give the documents to another without his permission. Hold these for me.

He turned around, gripping Steei by his throat and throwing him against the wall. Do not, EVER, douse me with water fool. The next time you insult me in such a manner, I will have your head. He brought his knee up towards the man's gut. Knowing the man would probably be in pain from his blow, he unhanded the man letting him slink down to the ground. I have more intelligence in my pinky than you have in your entire body. He whispered to the man so that only he could hear.

Guards raced up to the Balustrade to keep the peace with hands on their swords. Arthur's hands raised in the air, looking towards the Guards, he said, Nothing to see here. Just a simple misunderstanding. His eyes flashed with fire as he eyed the small man before him.

He walked over to Rain, The next person to lay a hand on me will meet steel.
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Steei wrote:ooc and he has the audacity to claim others would god mod such a fool and I did not need your permission as you did not get mine to use my name on your list

rp

as the mans wrist comes up I grasp it and twist it from my kneck and then up behind his back before shoving him away from me

you can make your threats all you wish lad you really should stick to your books rather then get into it with your betters
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Faradorn wrote:Faradorn raises an eyebrow and points at the situation which has just arisen, but secretly, he is hoping out from his finger, a lightning bolt would portrude, just because he thought it would be appropriate and trump everything else that had happened. After taking a moment to realise that this really was not going to happen, he sighs, for Faradorn is not the son of jah, just a very naughty boy.

OOC: Just realised I might have put a religious term in there, had to change it to make it IC appropriate. Sooorry! Rolling Eyes
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Arthur_loxley wrote:
Steei wrote:ooc and he has the audacity to claim others would god mod such a fool and I did not need your permission as you did not get mine to use my name on your list

rp

as the mans wrist comes up I grasp it and twist it from my kneck and then up behind his back before shoving him away from me

you can make your threats all you wish lad you really should stick to your books rather then get into it with your betters

OOC: I think you fail to understand what is OOC and what is not. I also think you do not understand what needs permission and what does not. Do you understand what god-modding is? I may have god-modded you slightly in regards to 'slinking down', but the rest was not godmodding. I really could continue to RP a fight with you, but really it'd be a waste of my time since you are not respecting the rules of RP.
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Viceroy wrote:OOC: I love how people say you can't do something in RP... it's sorta breaking part of the point of RP. If you write something on a letter, there is the possibility that the letter will get blown away. There is a possibility that you aren't covering it completely and someone sees a name. Seriously, if you are in public doing something, you could be discovered. I understand if it was a matter of life of a character (different discussion), but come on...

IC: Lorddragon, I always have tons of popcorn when I come and watch the Battle Royale below. It can be entertaining at times.
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Faradorn wrote:Faradorn eyes the popcorn in Viceroy's hand excitedly.
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Post  arthur_loxley Fri Feb 12, 2010 12:43 pm

Lizabet wrote:Coming up from the floor below for a short break, Liza arches an eyebrow seeing Arthur dripping wet and fuming, Steei slinking away. With an amused smile, she hands Arthur her hanky. My, Artie, it seems I missed the show, she says with a slight grin before taking a seat next to Faradorn. Looking over at Viceroy, she asks, Is that popcorn I smell?
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Lorddragon wrote:OOC as much as i hate to use this... An Rp fight or other interactions as such are god mode if you make another player do anything. That would include grabbing them by the throat and slamming them against the wall... It would also be saying that the water hit... Athur you could have easily said you dodged. Hence why RP fights are stupid and pointless. anytime you do an action it can only by up until the point it interacts with another player. OPnce you say they did something or force their action... you god mode. /ooc

Dragon sits back and enjoys the show... a man of the books thinking to take on a man of the blade, How ironic Dragon thinks. Noticing that Viceroy said he had extra Dragon reaches a hand over to "steal" some from the overly encumbered man.

"Don't mind if i do..."

Dragon wonders if there was a ticket price for this comedy show.....
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Faradorn wrote:Faradorn watches and things start to cool off again and sees Liza come to the Balustrade and sit next to him.

"Hello Cousin! Hiding from the floor are we?" He chuckles cheerfully and smiles
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Salter wrote:Salter looks over to pair that seemed to have a disagreement, smirking and looking at Arthur in a most sympathetic look, toning his expression to one of patronizing nature he shouted over to the Viscount; " But Chief Justice .. what a sad display of violence , if you really intended to hurt the man , you would of thrown the man over the Balustrade... now cease this animalistic ambition and act like a man , not like a rabid dog .
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Rainchaser77 wrote:First the flying goblet and Gabby's comments that had forced Rain to stifle a few giggles (with only partial success, truth be told), now this. She blinks at the slightly damp papers that were shoved into her hands by a soaked and very angry Arthur, grasping at them to make sure they do not fall. Small droplets of water are already turning to splotches of ink here and there on the pages. It would be terribly rude of her to try read through her friend's private papers, but she catches a few names in something that seems like a guide of some sort by the way the page is organized, then wrenches her eyes away from it at the sound of a body crashing into the wall.

It's all over in an instant, and Rain clutches the papers to her chest with one hand, turning them this way and that with the other, trying to restore them to some semblance of order. The only response she has for Arthur's statement is a nod, but the next statement--what Steei says, causes her to stop what she is doing. She looks up, a bemused expression on her face, and throws her head back and laughs. Thoroughly amused now, she turns to her cousin with a grin on her face.
"Yes, Liza. See what happens when you spend your time on council? You miss the excitment."

Finally getting the papers back together she holds them out to Arthur. "Don't you have enough to do? What are you working on this time?"

OOC: Ok, this is getting silly. The Commons is an IC/RP area. Arthur's showing of his "guide" is providing the readers with more of the story than the other characters in the story have. It's an omniscient point of view that is quite common in stories. If more people could see things like this without abusing it, we'd have much better stories involving intrigue and pranks and any number of other things. RP fights aren't pointless. They are part of the story. Now Arthur and Steei have a pretty good reason to hate one another if their characters ever encounter one another again. I suggest reading the thread in the Lounge on the topic of RK being a story. There are several good points in that discussion.
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Wolfaxe wrote:Taking a break from the floor after getting a whiff of popcorn from somewhere, Wolfaxe spots Viceroy with his popcorn just as he expected.

"I should have known you'd be up here munching out Viceroy. By the way, I keep hearing lots of strange noises up here now and then, lots of Oooks and such- sounds like a bunch of savages conversing. I'd suggest getting some cloth to keep the sounds out while sitting here, or better stuff in the mouths of those that insist on continuing to do so all the time. It's very distracting."

Wolfaxe winks and starts to head back downstairs, but turns back briefly and swipes a handful of popcorn!

"Sorry the smell is just too overpowering! Thanks Chancellor!"
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Post  arthur_loxley Fri Feb 12, 2010 12:44 pm

Lynna wrote:She had just cast her vote when she heard a commotion from the balustrade she looked up to see Arthur on his feet, she laid the quill down for the next person to add to the vote, as this was her purpose in coming here today. She gathered her satchel and headed up to the balcony.

Catching the words of Salter she was half tempted to make comment back, as she thought of the despicable acts he had done she second thought it's worth. Passing the cause of her husbands anger on the floor she ignored him and headed over to Arthur. Looks like you had a bit of an incident here Love she smiled, knowing that she could always bring a smile to his mouth, pity some don't know much of your military background to be thinking they can come up against you like that. I have finished here for the day anyway if you want to leave. Noticing Rain holding out Arthurs documents, Hello Rain looks like there was a bit of a scuffle up here she said probably a good thing we were about to leave. As she put her hand on Arthurs arm, maybe we should charge him for ruining this coat though I doubt he has much respect for anything or anyone to care.
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Post  arthur_loxley Fri Feb 12, 2010 12:45 pm

Myxti wrote:Myxti had still been sitting on the floor full of anger and hurt when she witnessed the goblet flying and Salter's reaction. She really didn't find it surprising. She found her cousin (Salter) to be quite cocky, quite rude, and he was now letting his true colors show instead of "playing the victim." Then, the interaction between Steej & Arthur occured and her face dropped.

Here she thought the Parliament room was scary, but the Balustrade was even more and violent as well. A few drops from the water splashed on her and she was on her feet ready to lunge for the man responsible. But so much happened that she took a few steps back to calm down. Once she was calm and knew that she would not react negatively, she quietly exited the area. A longer stay could bring out a side of Myxti that was very unlike herself. Knowing her cousin and his friends were trying to make people look unstable for whatever their reasoning may be, she refused to lose her cool in public.
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Alamothih wrote:Hearing Salters words he tightened his knuckles till white and clenches his teeth before walking over to Arthur Perhaps my coat may be of use? And a good move with your knee, glad to see you havent lost your touch being a justice.
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Lizabet wrote:
Faradorn wrote:Faradorn watches and things start to cool off again and sees Liza come to the Balustrade and sit next to him.

"Hello Cousin! Hiding from the floor are we?" He chuckles cheerfully and smiles

Liza slides down a bit in her seat and grins at her cousin, leaning slightly towards him. In a stage whisper she says, Yes, you think they'll find me up here and drag me back down?

Rainchaser77 wrote: "Yes, Liza. See what happens when you spend your time on council? You miss the excitment."

Hearing Rain, Liza laughs softly and places a finger across her lips. Shhh Rain, you'll give me away and I'll miss everything!
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Llewylyn wrote:Llewylyn nervously enters the Balustrade, ever cautious that his presence anywhere may cause undue tension but the noises that drifted down to the floor attracted his attention.
Looking around he takes in the wines stains, water puddles, and groups of people sitting in knots passing 'looks' at each other when he catches sight of chief Justice Loxley

Most Honourable Justice, I am surprised to see you here Llewylyn frowns but I don't know why. He smiles at his own foolishness and apologetically to Arthur

[color=blue] If you have time sir, and if its not an imposition, I am confused on a case presently in the Appeal courts[color]raising his hands defensively he continues I am not asking on points of law, interpretations or charters before you ask. Just an understanding on function.

Llewylyn's eye flicker back and forth and he tries to recall the exact pointsIn the case of Wolfmist vs. Worester I believe the bench consists of Lead Justice as Justice Lela Firebird of Chester and the Seated Justice are Justice Withrop Hodgson from Lancaster and Justice Reynard DeeKay of Stafford. I don't see an official change of Justice and understand there are reasons for the seated Justices to take a more active role but my confusion is you personal involvement in the case without a change of bench. Did I miss something ?

Llewylyn waits politely for an answer or to be clearly dismissed without response.
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Faradorn wrote:Faradorn quietens his voice, and grins at the situation of a politician hiding from fellow politicians. "Heh, well now, I'm sure they won't actually drag you back down there but they might notice your absence eventually!"

He then produces some folded up scrolls from his long coat and begins to read them, they contain scrawled down notes and scribbles, but they do contain some citations in the form of a footnote. The content seems to be in reference to a legal issue.
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Gabrielle_ wrote:Gabby overhears the query set forth by Lewie and she shakes her head.
My friend, I fear you are being led about by the nose by certain people... to use your respectable position and gentlemanly ways to bring forth another issue that is.. well.. a non-issue.
Please, my friend, do not let others have you work to lead you into disrepute in the minds of others.

Gabby shoots a glance at Salter and Lorddragon, before looking back at Lewie.

All Justices sat are equal... one is listed as Lead solely for the purpose as being the one to guide, so as to not have 3 voices saying what is next. To have one Justice speak for another, though not common, is allowable. The Chief Justice, being the Chief Justice is able to enter any courtroom and settle a court that has gotten unruly. It is the job.
However a Cj sitting officially on a case, is like the other Justices, an equal voice. Precedence of this can be seen where I as CJ sat on a case and was not the lead justice.

She smiles... and knows what will be said...
And no, it is not in the charter writ that way... but a charter 14 pages long and extremely complicated and covering every single possible happening, to the point that the common citizen would be lost as to how to avail themselves of the assurance of Justice that CoA provides, then write one.
But I warn you, it will lower the expectation of Justice... for Law can not be rigid, yet can not be bendable.. however must allow for reasonable remittance in the deliverance of justice, fair and just.
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Llewylyn wrote:Llewylyn bows deeply to the Lady, and notices a slight quirk to her mouth, like a numbness perhaps. Looking around the thinks surly no one here would strike a woman, or even start a fight up here
Lady Gabbie, once again you have come to my rescue and saved me from my ignorance. The Most Honourable Loxley was then acting in his capacity for controlling the court that makes perfect sense
with a slightly mischievous smile he fakes a look of shock
Oh my.. the Charter, I have left my copy down on the floor, I must return to retrieve it

So exits a man whose humour, like some may see of his recent interpretations of Law, leaves a lot to be desired
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum