Alternative RK
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Revelations [CRP]

3 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Revelations [CRP] Empty Revelations [CRP]

Post  Obli. Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:51 am

obli. wrote:All Obli could do was sit and wait. It seemed like ages had passed since he had been injured, but only now was Obli able to do much. While still healing, a letter had been dropped off at his house. The letter read:

The County Court wrote:The county police force hereby notifies you of an accusation has been made against you. You are accused of the following offences:for treason.

Your lawsuit begins today. Please return to the court two working days from now. You will remain free until then.

He had hobbled his way to court twice to figure out what was going on. Aayla, his sister, had wanted to come, but he felt it was best to handle this one alone. It wasn't that he didn't want the company - there was just no sense in bringing her into this mess even further. Maybe it was a bit of left over guilt from battle, either way he'd made his decision to go it alone.

Still, rather uncertain about why he was sitting in jail - Obli had nothing to do but sit, starring at a wall. He's already counted the number of stones that made up his cell, 137, even took an educated guess at how many stones were in the jail, 5634. The solitude was maddening.
" 'Ow be it, fer Jah's sake, that meh en'ed up 'ere?" he said to himself. The only thing he could think of was going back over the past few weeks for an answer.

First, there was the army that had showed up at the door step of his new home, Corcaigh. Then the eve of battle, his sister's encouraging speech to the men that lined up to defend Corcaigh. It had been a rag tag group, but they fought well. Suddenly, like a flash, the memory of watching his sister fall to the sword of the enemy gripped him. The crimson that spilled from her, blade stained in her blood. Every detail was ingrained in his mind. That memory over shadowed that of him killing one of the invaders, but that had left its mark on him as well. It was in those moments that his memory went blank. He woke up laying on the battlefield, physically he was fine, but he was emotionally ruined. He had remembered seeking council from an elder druid, Eoghan, before going into battle and the sage, yet distasteful, advice he was given - to drink from a goblet of fallen enemy blood. Nothing had been the same since.

A few days later, while his sister lay recovering from her wounds - a miracle in itself, Obli met the same fate on the battle field. One would think meeting death would bring back reason to a man, but it did just the opposite. From that point on, as he healed from his wounds, Obli held within him a growing unrest. It was as if something had woken inside him. It was a blinding rage that grew inside him, it was becoming a part of him. Killing no longer seemed to be something hard - it was easy. Hed come close to doing it again a couple times since, each time the world seemed to slow down around him, everything grew quiet and still. He was intensely focused. It had been an unnerving few weeks.

In a fit of frustration, Obli screamed and lashed out - striking the cell wall with his fist. Reeling back from the pain of hitting a stone wall, Obli cursed. His hand throbbed, distracting him enough so he could think more clearly about his options without his thoughts racing. In time, his mind focused on one option. Go back to Eoghan. After all, had it not been for his guidance, Obli never would have fought, it wasn't in his nature - until now. When he was free from jail, he would see the elder druid again and get answers...
"...or kill him" Obli muttered, stifling the bit of rage that was flaring within.

*I'll be inviting people in from time to time to grow this*

Aasha wrote:Call her a hired hound would he? Aashas was nothing if not loyal, those who'd shown her how a family was supposed to act - not the sick perversion she'd known for so long - those few were ones she would lay down her life for. Not blindly, not wagging her tail begging for treats, but fully aware that everyone makes mistakes. Just not ones to deliberately hurt a fragile soul. Anto, NNGO...they may not know what motivated the girl, hell very few were allowed close enough to even try...but Anto was family to her, had been well before she ever stepped foot on Irish soil. Yet this man, one who knew nothing of her, not even her name, thought to judge her blindly. Just as Munster had done to NNGO, to their detriment over and over again.

She had not been there for the battle, had taken little interest in the list of injured and dead, her reading skills weren't up to the task, nor was her heart. The girl was still struggling, too much had happened...too quickly. She'd been made a fool of, betrayed by one who swore to never leave. Loyal to an organization, yet not to his wife. Her words so long ago came back to mock her, she had followed him into hell, stroking the fires of her hearts destruction, his callous indifference the only thing tempering the flames.

Aasha strode into the jail, ignoring taunts from guards and prisoners alike, focused on one cell in particular. Clinking her blade lightly on the bars of the cell, the expression on her face hard to read in the damp, dark room, she spoke; Fig'rin' out why yer sittin' 'ere yets? Or still wantin' ta be tauntin' folk what ya isna knowin'?

One day...nae long 'nuff fer the cold to be settlin' in yer bones. Long 'nuff fer ya ta be 'memb'rin' words ken bites ya more'n ya thinks...or does ya thinks 'tall?

Pulling up a rickety chair, lowering her less than imposing frame into it, Aasha sat, watching someone else feel vulnerable for a change.

OOC: Poetic license used to round out the RP a bit more. Gives him a face to blame rather than just 'NNGO', and allows me to say a little of what I wanted to when the original RP went to spam hell.

obli. wrote:Obli sat on the bed, if one could really call it a bed, still nursing his hand from lashing out at the wall. Upon closer inspection, he noticed his first knuckle was bleeding a bit, finger stained the darkest of red where he had smeared the blood. He hear the sound of footsteps approaching. He tried to ignore them. He simply didn't care. Startled by the female voice he turned.

Aasha wrote: Fig'rin' out why yer sittin' 'ere yets? Or still wantin' ta be tauntin' folk what ya isna knowin'?

Recognizing the woman, he glared. It was the mouthy one that he had talked to a while days back. Was SHE responsible for this? Doubtful. Obli spit on the ground, careful not to hit his "visitor", but close enough to make his point. "Aye lass, ye be missin' meh taun'in'?" Obli approached the front of the cell, grabbing a bar with his injured hand, he winced. He'd make sure to see a healer when he got out. "If yer ilk 'ad fed meh, meh be offerin' ye some food as a reward fer comin' 'ere." He grinned. There was no use in niceties now, only thing left for them was to send Obli off to the gallows - and that seemed extreme, even for this bunch. Or maybe he welcomed the idea? He shook his head, ridding himself of the idea. He furthered his resolve to speak to Eoghan. Damn druid.

Aasha wrote: One day...nae long 'nuff fer the cold to be settlin' in yer bones. Long 'nuff fer ya ta be 'memb'rin' words ken bites ya more'n ya thinks...or does ya thinks 'tall?

To Obli, her accent hung thick in the air, he couldn't quite place it. The rudeness too, that was rather uncommon. This one sure seemed to be anything but a lady, despite obvious outward appearances. Did he think at all? The question was fair enough, Obli guessed. After all, if she was the reason he sat here in jail, picking right back up where their last conversation ended might not appear to look like thinking. But Obli considered it more to be a failure to learn from experience, letting his spirit be broken just wasn't an innate trait within him. "Aye lass, meh be a t'inker, a t'inker a'ight. Meh reckon meh be 'nough o' a t'inker fer us both." He chidded Meh do be beggin' fer yer par'on missy, he paused, " 'Tis nay normal fer meh lack o' 'ospitali'y, meh normally be invi'in' ye in fer sit an' such, be as ye ken see," Obli turned to look at his cell "meh ne'er got 'round to furnishin' the place wit seats, if only meh be 'avin' mo'e time." Obli's voice dripped with sarcasm.

Glancing back to his visitor, he noticed she was pulling up a rickety chair to sit with him. She was infuriating! But he wouldn't let himself show it, anyway, some company was better than nothing. Even if all she did was come to gloat.
"So Miss- eeeehh..." Obli realized he didn't know her name. Whet be yer name? Obli quickly continued, not overly concerned with the answer. Does ya nay 'ave somet'in' beh'er to be doin' then gloatin' while watchin' meh? Or does ye find meh so ravashin' that ye 'as to put meh in a cage? Obli flashed the mischievous grin he often used when trying to his best to be insulting.

"Oh, an' do nay be gettin' too comfy 'ere, as ye know, meh nay be stayin' 'ere long." Obli chuckled and sat down on the bed, looking at his guest, pleased with himself, but still a bit bothered by the situation.

Aasha wrote:Wiggling slightly, Aasha frowned. If she leaned back in this chair, it was liable to land her on her backside in a most undignified fashion. Not a big deal on most occasions, but not something she wanted to do at present.

She'd caught the glare when he saw her, expecting to feel satisfaction from his indignation, but instead felt curiously detached. His physical manifestation of his contempt (the spit folks) was almost amusing. His words, less than. My ilk? I ain't needin' nae rew'rd...knowin' what puts ya there is 'nuff fer me. Wasna ta be knowin' ya was so soft ya 'xpect'd ta be waited on 'and an' foot 'ere. If'n yer wantin' that, ya bett'r be findin' one o' them fancy houses an' serv'nts ta be bowin' an' scrapin' fer ya. Isna som'thin' I'd be doin'.

Aasha watched him closely, the bloodied knuckles wrapped around the bars catching her eye. Had he fought being arrested? She had...but that was long ago. Three days of languishing in jail, and he was complaining about one? What was her purpose here again? She wanted to feel in control, but this wasn't helping. It didn't seem worth it, facing an enemy who couldn't fight back...the girl sighed silently, then met his eyes.

Ya ken thinks fer us bot' if'n ya wants. Thinkin' too much jus' causes pain, it isna som'thin' I'd be wantin' to do much o'...
Aasha cursed her tongue, she'd always had a knack for saying too much, this time was no exception. Her words hurried, she continued; If'n yer wantin' more time 'ere, jus' lemme know. I ken makes sure ya sits 'ere long as ya wants. An' 'ere I was thinkin' one day was more'n 'nuff...

Grinning cheekily, she shrugged the pack off her shoulder, laying it across her lap. Jus' as I was said, ya dinna knows me name...nor nothin' 'bout me...an' yet yer thinkin' fer us bot'? Is Aasha, if'n it matt'rs, but ima thinkin' it dun.

Opening her pack, she pulled out a rag and a flask. Unstopping the flask, she took a deep drink, then poured a bit onto the rag. Eying his knuckle again, she shook her head and threw the rag towards him, resisting the temptation to chuck the flask at his head. If'n yer nae wantin' me 'ere, I'd be happy ta be leavin' ya. I didna 'xpect ya 'ere 'lone anyhows. I was hearin' how yer fam'ly is close, an' yet they ain't 'ere visitin'.

The girl stood, her bag clutched in her hand, bowing towards the cell. Rav'shin? Damn men and their fancy words, why couldn't anyone talk normal like? Tole ya...came ta see if'n ya knew why ya was 'ere...an' see if'n a day inna jail would be stillin' yer tongue. She felt an unexpected spurt of admiration for the man, whether he knew why he was here or not, his spirit wasn't broken. Though it was obvious he hadn't learned a thing either. Goading a girl with a dagger....he almost reminded her of herself. She'd always been told she was hardheaded, and sure hadn't learned much from her mistakes...with a few exceptions.

Won't be gettin' comfy 'tall...ya dun gots ta worry 'bout that. I'll be leavin' ya to it then. Won't be forcin' my comp'ny on ya or nothin' likes that. Ain't gonna be actin' all impo'tent jus' sos ya ken feel at home o' nothin'. Enjoy yer stay...
Grinning impishly, Aasha turned to go.
Obli.
Obli.
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Revelations [CRP] Empty Re: Revelations [CRP]

Post  Obli. Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:55 am

obli. wrote:
Aasha wrote:Ya ken thinks fer us bot' if'n ya wants. Thinkin' too much jus' causes pain, it isna som'thin' I'd be wantin' to do much o'... Aasha cursed her tongue, she'd always had a knack for saying too much, this time was no exception. Her words hurried, she continued; If'n yer wantin' more time 'ere, jus' lemme know. I ken makes sure ya sits 'ere long as ya wants. An' 'ere I was thinkin' one day was more'n 'nuff...

Obli raised his eyebrow, he tried to hide it, but failed miserably. He stopped himself short from asking her to elaborate, the quick threat of adding to his jail time gave him just enough time to pause and fight off his desire to poke further. After all, she seemed well armed and the cell made him an easy target. What didn't she want him to now? Something about their taking of the castle? Or something deeper...more...personal? "Easy lassy..." Obli said slowly. "Meh nay be wan'in' t'be makin' ye flustered...and meh nay wan' t'be spendin' an'more time in 'ere then ye do." Obli said, treading lightly with caution. He was angry, but no fool wishing to press his luck too far.

Aasha wrote:Grinning cheekily, she shrugged the pack off her shoulder, laying it across her lap. Jus' as I was said, ya dinna knows me name...nor nothin' 'bout me...an' yet yer thinkin' fer us bot'? Is Aasha, if'n it matt'rs, but ima thinkin' it dun.

"Aasha." Obli said the name, letting it roll around on his tongue. Looking up at Aasha, he grins and shrugs his shoulders. "Nice t'finally meet ye proper like...Aasha" Obli said, hanging on to the last word. " 'Tis always nice to be knowin' the name o' yer accuser. Though ye be 'avin' meh thrown int'jail wit out knowin' meh eit'er, jes' out o' spite fer a rightful taun'in'." Obli smiled slyly.

Aasha wrote:Opening her pack, she pulled out a rag and a flask. Unstopping the flask, she took a deep drink, then poured a bit onto the rag. Eying his knuckle again, she shook her head and threw the rag towards him, resisting the temptation to chuck the flask at his head. If'n yer nae wantin' me 'ere, I'd be happy ta be leavin' ya. I didna 'xpect ya 'ere 'lone anyhows. I was hearin' how yer fam'ly is close, an' yet they ain't 'ere visitin'.

Obli reached between the bars and caught the rag with his good hand. As a precaution, he drew it near and sniffed the rag, rather pointless he mused, since he watched her drink from the same flask. It smelled of strong whiskey. Obli inadvertently wrinkled his nose. He started cleaning his hand off. When the alcohol touched the wounded knuckle, Obli's body tensed. It was a deeper cut that he thought. " 'Tis nay a bit o' impor'ant to ye, but meh family be always welcome, though they be knowin' 'tis rather stupid to be showin' up 'ere..." Obli's hand motioned around the jail. "puttin' they 'eads on a stake fer yer kin'." Obli scoffed.

Aasha wrote:The girl stood, her bag clutched in her hand, bowing towards the cell. Rav'shin? Damn men and their fancy words, why couldn't anyone talk normal like? Tole ya...came ta see if'n ya knew why ya was 'ere...an' see if'n a day inna jail would be stillin' yer tongue. She felt an unexpected spurt of admiration for the man, whether he knew why he was here or not, his spirit wasn't broken. Though it was obvious he hadn't learned a thing either. Goading a girl with a dagger....he almost reminded her of herself. She'd always been told she was hardheaded, and sure hadn't learned much from her mistakes...with a few exceptions.

Obli chuckled, it was nice to know he was still able to be a bit of a bother. Might not be his best idea, given the position he was in, but he liked pushing everything to the edge. "Ye be t'inkin' that a day in jail be 'nough to still meh tongue? Aasha lassy, ye un'eres'ima'ed meh. Tsk tsk."

Aasha wrote:Won't be gettin' comfy 'tall...ya dun gots ta worry 'bout that. I'll be leavin' ya to it then. Won't be forcin' my comp'ny on ya or nothin' likes that. Ain't gonna be actin' all impo'tent jus' sos ya ken feel at home o' nothin'. Enjoy yer stay... Grinning impishly, Aasha turned to go.

Obli watched as she turned to leave. Realizing he still had her rag, he called out to her. "Lass-er, Miss Aasha!" Obli stood and raised the rag up through the bars of the jail cell, making sure he met her eyes with his. "Thank ye Miss Aasha, thank ye much, mos' kin' o' ye." It would only be another hour or two before he was out of jail.

Aasha wrote:She'd paused when he spoke, not moving closer, but stilling her feet to listen. The laugh wasn't forced, bubbling up and out before she knew it. If nothing else came of the visit to jail, the amusement was well worth the trip. Yer nae gonna makes me nothin'. Ya dun gots the pow'r fer that.

The taunts from other prisoners irritating her much more than this one's words, she looked steely eyed towards a guard, motioning him over. If'n ya dun gots more contr'l than thats, I ken be replacin' ya. Stops droolin' an' gets 'em thoughts outta yer 'ead, 'fore ya lose more'n ya had ta b'gin wit'.

Turning back towards Obli, her irritation was easily spotted. Pr'per likes? One day isna gonna hurts ya, less'n yer weak. Keeps thinkin'...one o' 'em days ya mights fig're som'thin' out.

Aasha rolled her eyes as he sniffed, taking another swig from the flask before tucking it into her blouse. Fam'ly what cares shows up ev'n if'n it isna smart...least thats how tis 'posed ta be. Looks 'round ya...nae left but guards 'ere, NNGO ain't int'rest'd in yer vis'ters. If'n it was me fam'ly 'ere, the 'ounds o' hell wouldna stop me comin'.

As fer yer tongue...nae...a day isna 'nuff fer that. Ain't sure a lif'time is. Takes guts ta be runnin' yer mouth now. I ain't gonna fault ya fer it. I learn'd som'thin' from this 'aft'r all...wond'r if'n ya will too.
She began to walk again, feeling invigorated by the discussion, argument, whatever it had been. She had only gotten a few more steps when she heard her name. She couldn't see proper in the darkened jail, and moved back to see what he held out.

Tis jus' Aasha, nae miss nothin'.
She raised her eyes to his, cursing her short stature, or perhaps just wishing he was still sitting on the bunk. Ya ken keeps the rag, wrap it 'round yer 'and. I ain't gonna be blam'd fer it fallin' off if'n ya gets som'thin' nasty inna wound. Turning once again, feeling slightly childish and maybe a tad bit guilty over the entire incident, she whispered; Nae be thankin' me...wasna meanin' ta be kind; as she moved away once more.

obli. wrote:Obli laughed heartily. She was an ornery one. So much for trying to be nice. He thought that he had been more than reasonable, given the fact she was the reason he was in here to begin with. He looked at her and smile. She was mouthy and had witty retorts for everything. He saw a bit of himself in her. Ugh.

"O'course not, ye ne'er be nice. Ye be 'andin' meh a whiskey soaked rag t'clean me woun' out o' spite." Obli said with playful sarcasm. Just then, he heard foot steps coming down the dark hall. He grinned. Obli would recognize those footsteps anywhere. For giggles, he figured he could say something to keep Aasha here for just another minute. "Why ye so quick t'be leavin'? I did nay 'ear a whistle or person that be callin' yer name. Obli smiled, most pleased with himself.

Aayla wrote:Aayla stomped, there’s no other way to describe her haughty march through the jail, towards where they were holding her brother a small man in tow looking rather nervous as he shuffled through the many keys on a large ring. “Oh just give it to me!” she hissed snatching the keys from the man before continuing down the corridor. Edging closer to her brothers cell she noticed a figure moving towards her, a visitor? Who would be visiting Obli that she didn’t know about?

Quickly closing in on the woman and the cell, Aayla flipped through the keys herself, cursing softly and turning back to scold the jailer, “Oh for the love of whiskey, what key is it ol’man? I’m in no mood to be dealing with your nonsense right now.” The man now moving as quickly as possible to keep up with the irate woman, “Miss.. miss ye can’t.. gimme back the key’s or I’ll call the guard…” he huffed at her.

Making it just to the cell when the man uttered his breathy threat she spins on her heel, the keys slipped quickly onto the blade of her dagger and pointed at the useless man. “Do it and I’ll gut you where you stand fool, Now he’s to be released, he was to serve one day, and it's done, by the dukes own judgment your to let him out...” the word duke sneered with every note of disgust she felt for the 'self-named' duke, at the poor man. “So get with your duty and unlock my brother before I give them reason to stick me in here for killing a fool jailor for being slow witted and slow with the key.” Flicking the keys back to the man she turns to face her brother and his visitor.
“hrmmm….” She mumbles under her breath. “Well this isn’t exactly what I expected, Ready to go home Brother?” She keeps her eyes locked on the other woman, but makes no other acknowledgement of her. Clearly trouble was following Aayla today…
Obli.
Obli.
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Post  Obli. Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:57 am

obli. wrote:"Aye, dearest sissy, I would like ye t'meet a friend o' mine. Sissy, this is Aasha, Aasha, this is sissy, but meh suggest ye be callin' her Aayla - instead o' sissy." The word friend held about as much sarcasm as a word could. Obli stood there, grinning from ear to ear, rocking back and forth on his feet.

Aasha wrote:This couldn't be happening. First the guard who couldn't control a flea if it bit him on his backside, now another who was afraid to take keys away from a visitor. One who obviously shouldn't have had them to begin with. Call yer guard if'n ya wants, he willna be helpin' no more'n ya is. As the woman's long strides came forward, Aasha found herself with no way around the woman and the sniveling idiot behind her. The poor fool looked towards Aasha with an apology hovering on his lips.

Ignoring the obvious height disadvantage, Aasha brushed past her, snatching the proper key from the ring and turning back to the pair. Well move outta the way an' I'll be lettin' 'im out. If'n ya dun put yer dagg'r 'way...ya ken join 'im inst'ad.

Aayla wrote:Aayla blinked at her brother, then blinked at the woman brushing past her, then back to her brother. "Obli Rahl have you a death wish? I will whoop you all the way home if you don't smarten that mouth up!" she growled at her brother. "Sissy... I mean... ugggh!" Slipping her dagger back into the sheath in her sleeve she turns on the woman, stepping back so the woman has access to the door. "OH yer going to throw me in there are ye? On wha.. right you all ain't gotta have charges, you just toss us about for yer own amusement.." Smirking she folds her arms across her chest. "How be ye run me through the joke of a court house first eh deary? I'm pretty sure I've scared the guard here enough for one day." To emphasize the point she leans towards the still quivering twit who was now gaping at Aasha and whispers "Boo!" drawing his attention back to her with a small bark of a frightened laugh. "they's not paying me enough for this... ought to go back to drawing water at the well.. sod the money!"

Rounding on her brother again Aayla frowns deeply, "So making friends wit yer captors are ye?" She queries a sidelong glance given to Aasha, appraising the woman quietly. "Well ye could have picked worse I suppose..."

obli. wrote:Obli looks at his sister, confused. Then to Aasha, then back to Aayla. "Eh Sissy, ye be knowin' this 'ere lass? For Obli, the tension was thick enough, he could cut it with a knife.
Obli.
Obli.
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Post  Obli. Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:59 am

Aasha wrote:Apparently she was wrong, there was at least one Rahl that had some sense. First making sure Aayla's dagger was secure, the girl glanced back towards Obli. Aasha shook her head, tucked her dagger securely in its sheath, and moved towards the cell door, the old man still apologizing all over the place. Ken ya shuts 'im up?; she muttered, fitting the key into the lock. The boo obviously having worked, the man stopped muttering, though Aasha had to wonder if he'd also lost his bladder when she happened to look back briefly. Her eyes met Obli's as he introduced her as a friend. Dun touch me friend... she hissed, turning the key swiftly, then bowing mockingly as she opened the cell door.

Ya ken beats 'im all the way 'ome if'n ya wants, jus' be car'ful o' 'is 'and. Dunno if'n he hits a guard, o' 'imself, but I'm thinkin' he 'prolly brok'd it. Sure made a face aft'r a lil whisk'y hits it.

Looking up at the the woman, she smiled merrily, totally enjoying herself. Nae needs ta be sendin' ya through no courts...ya ken 'muse me wit'out thats. As fer friend... Aasha smirked as she met Obli's eyes again. Nae sure he's meanin' that'n.

The man really wasn't too bright, he'd gone and called Aayla sissy again, much to Aasha's delight. She didn't think about the fact that she was now between two Rahl's who had reason to hate everything she stood for, she was too busy grinning.

Aayla wrote:Nodding faintly to her brother she answers his query, "Aye, I met her when I was wandering the country a while..." as if that small sentence would explain the casual attitude she addressed this woman with, "She ain't half bad, for one'o them.." smirking slightly she leans against the wall, waiting for her brother to emerge, if in fact he felt the cell wasn't the safer bet with two armed women in the hall.

Her attention is diverted at the mention of her brothers hand, glancing over the other woman at her brother she arches a slender brow. "You haven't been fighting have ye brother? Without me? how cruel.." Sighing with an over dramatic wistfulness, she adds. "Well I hope who'ever it is is good and knocked out..."

Giving her attention back to Aasha she laughs, "I ain't going to hurt him, the generals'll do that if they think its needed." another wicked grin, "What brings you down to the jails? I thought you were to important for petty torture?" tilting her head she watches the other woman curiously.

OOC: edited for my scatterbrain mistake

obli. wrote:"Aye sis, I get ye..." Obli thought for a brief moment. "then allow me a more fitting introduction. Aayla, this be the reason meh be put in jail, Reason, this be meh dearest sis, Aayla." Obli moved past Aasha, over to his sister, placing his arm across her shoulder, hand wandering to a spot on her back he knew she probably kept a dagger. Success! He decided to borrow it, just in case. After all, he was probably the one that made it. It was just that being the only one of 3 hot tempered people without a weapon seemed naive. "Anyway, she be tellin' me 'ow sad 'tis that none o' meh family came t'see meh - an' praise Jah, 'ere ye be!" Obli slid is hand back towards his side,behind Aayla, blade hidden in sleeve. He didn't want to hurt Aasha, but he wasn't taking any chances.

Aasha wrote:She really did like Aayla, every meeting with her confirmed the feeling. Still grinning devilishly, the girl answered. An' 'ere I thoughts I was gonna gets ta see a fam'ly fights. Damn the lucks, nae tod'y huh? I came ta be seein' if'n yer broth'r learn'd some sense. Didna happ'n neith'r ya knows. Didya knocks it outta 'im?

She couldn't help the eye roll at the next sentence, though she met Aayla's eyes calmly. I isna impo'tent, an' I dun wanna be. If'n I was tort'rin' 'im, I'd be 'avin' more'n jus' dagg'rs wit' me. Less'n he's thinkin' talkin' ta me is tort're...which he jus' mights.

Hearing Obli speak up after a long pause, Aasha impulsively winked, then bowed. As the pair stood together, she stiffened, then watched warily, the knife sliding from its sheath unmistakable to a person well used to the sound. Her fingers twitched, the dagger sliding from its sheath into her hand as she narrowed her eyes. I wouldna if'n I was ya..., she warned in a husky murmur.
Obli.
Obli.
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Post  Obli. Wed Jan 13, 2010 9:01 am

Aayla wrote:Aayla stands unmoving as she feels one of her favorite blades removed from its sheath, her brow twitching upwards only a touch to indicate she noticed at all. Taking a deep breath she puts a hand out between her brother and the other woman, every movement slow and precise, her palm facing the woman to show it held no weapon.

"Ye wouldn't want to be without a blade would ye? I'm fairly sure the ...Duke's... men" the word again spit out with some effort, "Dun removed any of m'brothers blades before they locked'em up... He won't be trying anything stupid, no point in that today." As if to make her point to her brother as well she cant's her head to the side and gives him a 'look' that clearly means he ought to agree quickly 'or else'.

Turning her attention back to Aasha she grins, "So your the reason he dun got' hisself locked up then?" a playful twinkle in her eyes, "And here I was so proud, thinking me brother had some rebel in him still!" a low chuckle fills the tension filled air, followed by a snap of her fingers. "Looks like I'm going to have to go out and cause trouble ... can't have Rahl's locked up with out a durn good reason.. How was the stay then brother? Any horrible tales to amuse your sister with?"

obli. wrote:Obli caught his sister's look, he managed a slight nod and "Aye, nothin' stupid t'day." Obli hadn't been this high strung since the battle. Aayla's chuckle lessened the tension and the poising of a question helped relax Obli a bit. "Well, we best be tellin' the next elected Constable that we be needin' a new set o' beds. They nay be givin' a man-" Obli looks at his audience. "er-or woman a restful sleep." Obli forced the joke. "Oh! An' at a better time meh be tellin' ye the story about the ot'er person behind this busted 'and." Obli leaned in towards his sister to whisper to her "Meh punched a wall." Obli looked at Aasha. "So Aasha, 'ow ye be seein' this endin'? Sure as meh standin' 'ere ye nay killin' us bot'." Obli eyed his accuser warily.[/b]

Aasha wrote:Her entire body tensed as her eyes moved between the two, correctly recognizing Aayla as the more dangerous of the pair. Her attention mainly on the other woman, Aasha watched her hands move forward, showing her palms empty. Nae, I wouldna wanna be wit'out a blade...but as ya ken guess, I isna so trustin' o' yer broth'rs claim o' friends. We bot' knows he isna thinkin' o' me that way. Canna blames 'im...but isna 'appy he wants ta be pullin' nothin' when I ain't be more'n nice ta 'im.

She didn't miss the look, she was watching the pair too closely for that, but did raise a brow at the unmistakable warning. If he was smart, he'd read it well...but how smart could he possibly be? Hadn't she already decided he was daft?

Ya, I'd be the reas'n he was enjoyin' 'is stay. Ain't sure 'bout reb'l...jus' dunno when ta be closin' 'is trap. If'n ya liv's wit' 'im, I'm sure ya be knowin' that.
Tension rolled off of her in waves as she felt rather than saw Obli's muscles relax. Maybe he had more sense than she gave him credit for. Ya was plannin' on sleepin' 'ere? Ya'd be carri'd off by 'em bugs or som'thin' ya knows. An impish grin flashed across her face. Nae be killin' ya bot'...an' isna plannin' on killin' neith'r...but if'n ya ins'st... Her actions belied her words as she secured her dagger, motioning for the two to precede her out the door. Canna be wantin' ta be stayin' nae long'r...yer freed'm 'wa'ts...

Aayla wrote:Smiling sweetly, Aayla dips her head to the other woman, accepting the offer of moving out of the cramped corridor. She doesn't much like the narrow tunnel, less should this end poorly, and she's clear-headed enough to see her brother's stress. Stepping aside, she motions for Obli to go first, she means put herself between her brother and this woman if she has to knock him out and drag him out. "Come brother, like the nice woman said... freedom, I've had a good dinner prepared for you at the house, the Generals are eager to see you again." wrinkling her nose she snickers at the thought, as its very likely they don't know she came at all and she would hear about it later.

Tapping her foot she waits for her brother to move first.
Obli.
Obli.
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Post  Obli. Wed Jan 13, 2010 9:03 am

Aasha wrote:Aasha wasn't sure which one of them Obli was shaking his head at, she was just glad he was finally moving away. Why anyone would stand in this damp jail longer than they had to was beyond her...surely he hadn't really enjoyed his stay here had he?

She waited until they were both a few steps ahead before following, snickering at the term 'nice lady'. Tossing the keys to the sniveling old man as she passed him, she hissed; If'n ya canna be keepin' keys ta yers'lf, be lettin' som'one knows fas'...cuz if'n the rest gets out 'fore they should, ya'll be the nex' sittin' inna cell.

obli. wrote:Stepping out from the prison, Obli was showered in sunlight. He squinted, eyes burning from the bright light. As his eyes adjusted to being outdoors, Obli relaxed a bit more, soaking up some of the sun. It felt good, warming. Off to the side, Obli spotted his new horse, Kael, standing there, strong and faithful. Obli glanced back to his sister with a confused look. Did his sister bring his horse to him? Or was this horse THAT good? It could wait.

He approach Kael, stroking his mane, taking in his beauty. Kael was a stunning horse after all, quite a lucky find. A solid, rich and deep chestnut color with mane as black as a cloudy night, with just a hint of white just above his front right hoof. Kael's head bobbed with excitement as Obli reached out to grab the reigns, they had bonded well in such a short time and Kael seemed excited to be ridden after such a long time. Obli had taken to walking everywhere since he was injured in battle, seemed none to smart to get on a horse with those serious wounds. Fortunately he was feeling better, though his left knee went stiff occasionally. Mounting the horse proved to be more difficult that Obli had expected, seems he still wasn't completely healed.

Obli kept a watchful eye on Aasha - just in case - taking note that she appeared indescribably different in the light, outside of the dark and dampness of the jail walls. He couldn't put his finger on it. Turning more of his attention back to Aayla, Obli questioned
"So ye be sayin' that ye got meh a dinner wit the fam'ly, eh? Meh nay be thinkin' that meh ken be denyin' ye that. Though meh be beggin' fer yer forgiveness if meh be takin' quick leave o' yer 'ospital'ty af'er dinner. Meh be havin' some business t'be tendin'." The last sentence came out in a solemn tone.

Aayla wrote:Aayla nearly skips into the sunlight, casting a rueful grin at her brother as he finds his steed waiting for him. A soft laugh her only sound as she moves to her own horse, Caraid, taking a moment to adjust saddle straps and remove a dagger from a sheath in the saddle to replace the one Obli made off with. Glancing back at her brother she follows his gaze to Aasha, her slender brow arching slightly with some unspoken thought, better not to say anything she thinks as she makes her way into sitting in the saddle.

Still glancing between the woman and her brother she’s caught off guard as Obli speaks to her. “hrm? Oh yes, I’d expect the boys are already there waiting on you… Beth too.” Shrugging she guide’s Caraid, turning him towards her home. “Business after dinner.. and drinks, an if Radh doesn’t want to hear all the details again.” Chuckling she reaches down to pat Caraid’s neck with a wry grin, “Race you home then?” Despite the query, she doesn't wait for a response nudging Caraid towards the house.

obli. wrote:Obli looked at his sister and shook his head in amusement. It had been long enough, it was time to see what Kael could do. With a subtle flick of his wrist, Obli ushered Kael forward with a speed that surprised him. As much as he would like to take credit for the training of Kael, Obli had had nothing to do with it. The two of them had just clicked. As he raced after Aayla, Obli made a mental note to stop by his house before visiting Eoghan, his knives had been taken from him when he was put in jail - and he was surprised Aayla had let him keep this one so long - something was to be said for saving face. It was no matter, he had plenty at home. The night was nearing, but at this rate they would be at Aayla's home in no time.
Obli.
Obli.
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Post  Obli. Wed Jan 13, 2010 9:07 am

--Eoghan. wrote:Night was falling upon Eoghan's cottage. It was in a secluded area of the woods, hidden behind a grove of aspen. When the wind blew, it sounded as if the aspen were talking. Not too far away, a stream bubbled - it had been a source of food for years. If one were to follow it long enough, it would feed into the ocean. It was in this place that Eoghan had lived for a long time, mostly in seclusion. He'd seen the changes in Ireland over the decades.

Tonight, Eoghan sat outside by a fire. Waiting patiently as his dinner cooked. The smell of fresh fish and herbs wafted into the air. Leaning on his staff while he waited, Eoghan admired his home of years. It was nothing fancy, but it was a quiet and quaint little cottage with a thatched roof. More than enough for himself and the occasional visitor. Visitor. That reminded him. He thought back to the young lad who had sought his counsel not more than a month ago. He'd seen uncharted destiny in the lad and had sent him on his way with guidance, hoping he would find the way, the way Eoghan had visioned.

There was a twinge of doubt, after all. He'd sent an unseasoned person into battle, if he followed Eoghan's counsel. He'd heard news of a battle, just bits an pieces, but enough to know one side had suffered great losses and injuries. He tried his hardest not to involve himself in the goings on of the island anymore, just mind himself, but this lad had come to him in dire straits, looking for answers. Had he done wrong in performing a ceremony of the Old Ways to guide the youth? Had he sent the lad out to his death? We'll just have to see... Eoghan said to himself, but he wasn't convinced. Doubt settled in like a fog. Eoghan let out a laborious sigh.

obli. wrote:Dinner had been nice, though, Obli wished he'd been able to enjoy it more. His unfinished business with Eoghan circled his mind distracting him. He was losing a part of himself. The world as he knew it was crumbling before him. Ever since that day, his behavior was more erratic, angered and fierce. Obli wasn't certain his sanity remained intact. Nothing like this had ever happened before. "Not'in..." he muttered.

Taking advantage of a lull in the festivities, Obli stepped out of the house. The night was growing older and the air held a slight chill. The moon wasn't quite full, but it glowed a hot white - enough to guide him in his travels. Obli paced. The last thing he wanted to do was walk out on his family after such a nice meal, but the unfinished business was consuming- flooding his veins with anger and fear. Time to end it.

Obli paced back to Aayla's door. Taking the knife he had borrowed from his belt, he laid it gently at the foot of the door. He refused to use his sister's knife for what he was about to do. Grabbing Kael's reigns, Obli headed out for his house. Most of his knives were taken while he was brought to jail, but he had a few extra hidden at home, including a favorite. Obli darted about his house, lifting a floor board here and there, collecting his wares.
"Meh 'as t'be makin' more o' t'ese..." he grumbled.

Obli rushed out of his house. Taking the reigns into his hands he head out to that little cottage he had found years ago. Eoghan had never lead him wrong, until now. Obli's awareness was slipping away, lost in thought about his history with Eoghan and his current intent. It was to be a sad ending to what had been a friendship, but it was a necessity, he had destroyed Obli.

Obli's last sliver of awareness fell away to the rhythmic movements of Kael. Unaware of how much time had passed, Obli came back to the present when he saw a soft glow ahead of him. Slowing Kael, Obli eased the two of them up towards the cottage that lay beyond. Stopping several hundred yards before the grove, Obli looped Kael's reigns around a tree. It wasn't likely Kael would wander off, but there was no telling if he would be spooked by the events pending.

Steadily, Obli approached the grove. As he got closer he drew a knife from his cloak. Obli could see Eoghan now, sitting by the fire. He slowed his approach. Staying in the shadows, Obli stared at the man. His blood was coursing through his veins, his nerves tingling with anticipation. It would soon fade. It seemed like it always did, this was still new, but the stillness seemed to always follow. Obli stood there, watching the old man. Anger rolling off him in waves.

--Eoghan. wrote:Why don't you come sit down Obli? Eoghan said without looking up. You know you are always welcome here. As Obli stepped into the light, Eoghan's eyes widened a bit seeing the knife catch the light of the fire. Eoghan could sense the unrest is the boy. Come now, what is this all about? Eoghan eyed the dagger. It had been a long time since he had seen a rage in someone anything like this. The thought brought painful memories to surface. Memories of loss and heartbreak. Eoghan shuddered. Well? Are you going to tell me what this is about? Eoghan posed the question again.

obli. wrote:Obli approach the old man, not saying a word. His eyes were wide with anger, the color in his eyes slowly disappearing with the growing blackness. The stillness before a kill was near. Glaring into his eyes he shoved him backwards onto the ground. He tackled the man. In one swift movement, as he'd seen Aayla do hundreds of times before, he pulled a freshly sharpened dagger from his side and pushed it against the man's throat. "WHET in Jah's name did ye 'ave me do!?" Obli growled, putting more pressure on the knife. "Meh be followin' yer werds, t'the le'er...figh'in' in war, wa'chin' fam'ly die, drinkin' blood...an' dis be whet meh be getin'. This rage?" Obli hissed. " 'Least it be doin' meh righ' t'is one time." The world went still as the silence came over him, this was the moment he remembered. Obli rasied his hand with the dagger, readying to plunge it into the old man, ending their relationship forever.
Obli.
Obli.
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Post  Obli. Wed Jan 13, 2010 1:50 pm

--Eoghan. wrote:Eoghan fell to the ground, skinning his arm. He looked up at Obli seeing that his eyes were vastly different from normal. He recalled seeing this once before, a long time ago, before he ever met Obli. A time when- he stopped thinking about it. Distracted by the swiftness that Obli drew his blade. Eoghan reached up to Obli's hand hoping to slow its decent. OBLI! he yelled. You wanted to know about your past and I offered to help. I never promised it would be a good one. Those were age old rituals, not magic! They only enhance what is already there. Besides the blood was for strength, are you not stronger? Eoghan strained. Kill me now and you're on your own. Eoghan said with spite. Or you can take the next step and bring me something from your past, if you still want answers. He said flatly.

obli. wrote:Was he stronger? Did he have anything from his past? Did he still want answers? It was enough to make Obli pause. If he was honest with himself, he would say yes to all three, but the anger was strong and convincing. Telling him that none of it mattered, only this moment, only this kill mattered. To know his past? Or to finish this kill? The frustration grew, Obli raise his hand that held the knife higher, escaping Eoghan's grasp. He screamed and brought the dagger down in with one quick movement.

Opening his eyes, Obli looked down at his dagger with expectant horror. To his surprise, it was deeply embedded in the ground several inches away from Eoghan. Obli breathed out in relief and scrambled to get off the old man. The rage was washing away. Obli looked down at the man, unsure if he should help him up. Obli knew if the tables were reversed he wouldn't take the help.
"Aye, meh do, meh do, meh mean meh is...meh ummm..." He stammered. "Meh be comin' back, with whet ye be askin' fer..." he paused as he looked at the man he nearly killed "an' meh be bringin' som'one t'be wa'chin' meh too..." Obli's voice trailed off.

He turned and briskly headed back towards to Kael. The horse was startled, but reassured as Obli approached. He much have heard. Patting the horse he grabbed the reigns and swung himself up. Turning Kael around he headed for home.
"Meh nay be gettin' sleep t'nigh'." he muttered to himself.

Obli was lost in thought, as he seemed to be when riding Kael he trusted the horse completely. It was a long a winding road back home. As he approached home it looked quiet, slowing Kael, so as to not wake anyone. Entering his home Obli went to the battered chest searching for the one thing he had from his past. A ring with some sort of a crest on it. He'd spent ages trying to get answers from it, but never received it. He'd given up trying. If that is what Eoghan wanted, he would get it.
Obli.
Obli.
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Post  Obli. Wed Jan 13, 2010 4:24 pm

Aayla wrote:Aayla had always been a bit of a snoop, which is to say like any sister worried over her brothers and took to trying to know everything she could about them… Much to her frustration, they’d become rather good at escaping right under her nose. Obli had been noticeably withdrawn at dinner, more than once the woman had thought of cornering him and demanding to know what was wrong, at knifepoint if needed. Knives… that brought up another sore point, he’d left her blade when he’d slipped off, laying in the mist and rain the fool man something she would speak to him about soon…

He had managed to slip out, speeding off on that blasted roast of a horse Kael. She had watched as much from the window of her home, and he hadn’t been hard to track, clearly whatever tormented the man made him forgetful and rushed. And so then Aayla found herself, angry, armed, and somewhat damp from the rain, standing below a tree next to Obli’s empty looking home. “When th’boy gets back I’mma gunna skin’em where he stands” she cursed softly, none but her own steed to hear the idle threat, his soft snicker clear that not even -he- believed her. The worried look on her face dulled the threat in her voice, she was truly worried. Time ached past moment by moment, her ire growing and fading as she watched the shadows. It was just as she was about to give up, when the sound echoed across the darkness… hooves… gangly, ill tempered, annoying… must be Kael. Hushing Caraid, as the sound closed the distance, she slips quietly into the darkened shadows out of sight of the house.

Clear in the moonlight, she watches her brother jump from his horse and move into the house his attempt at ‘quiet’ bringing a rueful smile to her face. She moved back again once he had entered the darkened house, leading Caraid to stand beside Kael and reaching up to pat the beast and keep him quiet. She would wait, clearly he’d intended to make but a stop here, otherwise he’d have put Kael to the stable… he would return, and she would get some answers...

obli. wrote:Searching through his things Obli cursed, not finding what he was looking for fast enough. Digging some more, he moves a small box out of the way. As he put it down it rattled. Confused he opened the box to find what he was looking for, the ring. The band was a style he had never seen before and on the face of it was an intricate crest. He slipped it on his finger. It fit a little more tightly then he remembered. Closing up the chest, he stood and headed towards the door. Pausing quickly, he thought better of wearing the ring and removed if from his finger with a little difficulty. He slipped it into a satchel pocket for safe keeping. No sense in making himself a target for robbers needlessly. He massaged his finger that had held the ring while walked out of his house shutting the door. Locking it he turned and stopped dead in his tracks. He stared wide-eyed at his sister, realizing he'd have to become more attentive or she could easily hurt him at her leisure, if she so desired. Obli fought to regain his composure, he wasn't at all ready for this. Continuing his stride towards Kael Obli spoke softly to his sister. "Eh...sissy, goo' t'be seein' ye." he said trying to be as sincere as possible "Whet ye be doin' up so late? Ye nay 'possed t'be 'wake righ' now, aye? Meh bein' loud?" Obli tried to play off the obvious, he knew darn well she hadn't been sleeping. Obli continued packing supplies into Kael's bags. He grimaced, thinking about the conversation he knew was brewing between them.
Obli.
Obli.
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Post  Aayla Wed Jan 13, 2010 4:56 pm

Aayla doesn’t turn when she hears her brother march from the house, nor when he finally realizes she’s standing there, though a smile pulls at the corner of her mouth. When she does finally turn, the smile is replaced with an arched brow and a skeptical look. "Whet ye be doin' up so late? Ye nay 'possed t'be 'wake righ' now, aye? Meh bein' loud?" Blinking she lets out an exasperated sigh, her hands moving to rest on her hips as she glares up at her brother.

A few wet tendrils of hair fall across her face, blocking her vision for a moment before she brushes them aside.“Waiting on ye brother…” her voice strained with the fight to keep her temper in check, she wanted answers and yelling at the fool man wasn’t the best way to get those. “What’r ye doing out s’late?” Canting her head to one side she gives her best ‘spill it’ look and awaits her brother’s response.
Aayla
Aayla
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Post  Obli. Thu Jan 14, 2010 12:05 am

obli. wrote:Lie. That was his instinctive thought. He didn't want to drag her further into this mess. Sure, he'd told Eoghan he would bring somebody, but he hadn't meant Aayla. Did he? "Not'in' sissy, meh-" He caught his sister's look and couldn't do it. The pressures and torments of the recent changes were building to be more then he could bare. He walked over to his sister, memory flashing back to that day...the day he watched her get cut down by a blade. The memory still sharp and vivid in his mind. He hugged Aayla and broke down. Tears ran down his face, yet no sound came out. "Sissy, meh do nay be 'nowin' whet be 'appenin' t'meh." he shuddered, still holding on to Aayla, not wanting to let go. "Meh 'as done som't'in' mos' awf'l sissy, mos' awf'l...meh..meh neerly killed a frien' o' mine t'nigh'." Obli choked on that last part. Obli moved his head back, enough to look at her, despair and hopelessness written all over his face. "Meh been chan'in' o' late an' meh nay be 'nowin' whet be 'rong with meh. Figh'in' an' killin'..'tis jes' not meh." Obli sighed, and loosened his grip when he realized he was will hanging on to his sister. He looked at the ground. "Meh s'rry...meh should be 'nowin' when 'nough be 'nough wit ye." He looked in the direction he had come from and pointed. "Meh be 'eadin' t'at way now...'opin' t'be fin'in' ou' 'bout meh pas'...an' t'at means meh be seein' meh frien', Eoghan...'gain." Obli shuddered. He knew his sister could at least relate to looking for the past. The rest seemed to be so absurd, but if anyone could relate it would be her.

Aayla wrote:All the irritation and anger faded the worry and concern for her brother taking front stage as Obli hugged her and broke down about his troubles. Stunned she doesn’t immediately react to the hug, staring at her brother and blinking oddly. The moment passes quickly enough, and she sighs offering what little comfort she can clearly lost in the torrent of explanations that flows from her brother now. “T’aint nothing wrong wit’cha… nor wit fighting, though some might argue that point wit’me.” Hugging Obli back she smiles softly, “Ye jus not used to it is all, ye think I’s born wit no heart? O’course it ain’t easy… an dun answer that...” Watching Obli drop his gaze and pull away she reaches up to lift his chin to look at her again. “Ye kin’na do everything alone, Jus cause we ain’t blood… yer me brother and I ain’t going t’let ye go through it alone.” Smiling she moves to her horse quietly, “Let’s go find yer past, at least one’us’ll have a story ta tell. Who's this Eoghan fella anyhow?” Laughing she moves gracefully into the saddle waiting for her brother to lead on.

obli. wrote:Obli smirked and coughed lightly. Doing his best to withhold a witty retort about his sister being born without a heart. Just talking to Aayla about it seemed to ease the weight of a thousand worlds that seemed to be pressing down on him at the exact moment. He thought to argue with Aayla about coming along, but figured that she would just argue with him along the way regardless. He shrugged. What was the use? He'd promised to bring someone to keep Eoghan safe, admittedly she could do that just fine. Obli had no delusions on how badly he would loose in a fair fight against his sister.

He smiled at his sister. She was as dependable as they come. Of course he knew all he had to do was ask, he was just adamantly against bring people into his personal turmoils. Especially people he cared a lot about. Not to mention, asking for help was not his strong suit.
"Aye, meh be 'nowin' ye ken nay le' meh do it 'lone, so meh nay goin' t'bot'er askin' t'is tim'." Obli chuckles softly. He finished packing up in silence, pondering how to tell her the rest of the story. Sliding on to Kael's saddle he got situated in the right direction. Looking back to his sister to see if she was ready he answered her last question. "Eoghan? Heh, well 'e be one o' meh oldest frien's ye could say..." Obli remembered recent events and how that might have been altered now. But he had offered help, that was good. Wasn't it? " 'E be a druid t'at meh stum'led upon when meh be jes' a lil' one, 'bout nine meh say? Yeah, 'bout nine. 'Twas when meh ran 'way from 'ome..." Obli cursed himself for calling that prison "home". He had always suspected he wasn't their child and when it was confirmed one night he ran, never looking back. "-er t'e place t'at be keepin' meh, meh sh'uld be sayin'. Anywho, 'e's been a so'rce o' counsel fer meh all t'ese years, ye see? Tryin' t'put t'e pieces o' my life t'get'er an' such. E'en the so'rce o' meh unus'l mayorin' style. Meh nay be knowin' 'zactly why 'e of'ered t' 'elp meh, som't'in' 'bout makin' up fer failur', meh nay 'now fer sure. 'E be t'e one t'at sen' meh off t'Ros, w'ere meh got "adopt'd" int' 'Ouse o' Rahl. So 'e ken nay be t'bad, eh?" He grinned at his sister, knowing she came to House of Rahl under her own set of unique circumstances. The details he never knew, Obli didn't like to pry, but he did know how glad they both were to call the House family. "Well, ifn we be leavin' now, we sh'uld be t'ere jes' 'bout t'e tim' dawn be breakin'. Meh be brin'in' food an' drink fer three. Ye ready?" Obli didn't wait for a reply before taking off. The "ready?" was a rhetorical question anyway. He knew she'd be right behind him. It was just how he'd come to know her.
Obli.
Obli.
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Post  Obli. Thu Jan 14, 2010 2:20 am

Aayla wrote:She set off at a steady pace, bringing her horse to canter easily alongside Obli’s steed. The silent air of early morning and steady beats of hooves offered her a moment to ponder the histories that led them to the house of Rahl, this had been the most Obli had shared with her of his past life. Her own she kept to herself not out of shame but a lack of much to speak of. She remembered the day she’d come to the House, through the lass who was to have been Obli’s wife… before her death. Alone with the passing of those who raised her, and little more than a handful of trinkets, Cailyn had offered her the world without ever knowing it. For awhile, life had been wonderful, surrounded by a new family, one that would watch each other and fight as one. War… War had never seemed a horrible thing to her she had even been eager that first time, perhaps a sign she was indeed wrong somewhere inside. She had gone to war with her brothers, her sister, more times than she could count now, but it took loosing Cailyn to change her. A cold heart, a dead heart, laughing softly she mused that very truth, part of her had hardened with loss, she had bathed in the fires of battle and emerged changed… broken, alone. Yes she still had the Rahls, but she was ever aware of her growing anger, heated temper, and most of all loneliness.

Clearing her throat she snapped from the thoughts that threatened to take her to that dark place again, silently cursing her sister for leaving her… and him… mostly him. Glancing around she took a quick moment to evaluate their whereabouts, her gaze flicking silently through the aspen trees, mentally marking places to leave quickly, hide themselves, and strike from. “blood and ashes…” the curse hardly more than a breath, a whisper. Something about the darkened forest, pulled at her, made her uneasy. Shifting in the saddle she exhaled a flicker of relief crossing her face as the cottage came to view, though it faded as she saw someone waiting for them.

Pulling up on the reigns slightly, she drew Caraid to a walk, slowing as they approached. Giving a sidelong glance to her brother she brushed her fingers against the hilt of her blade, wary and cautious, something had her on edge, though she couldn’t put a finger on it.

obli. wrote:As Eoghan appeared Obli instinctively spoke to his sister, ina low voice with teeth clenched. "E'sy sissy, t'at be Eoghan, meh nay be needin' 'im t'inkin' meh brought 'elp t'be finishin' 'im off." He hadn't actually seen or heard Aayla do anything. He just knew how she was around strangers. He was hoping the warning had come early enough, but some how he didn't think so.

As a show of good faith, Obli hopped down from Kael and secured him, because he still wasn't taking any chances. He approached Eoghan with arms extended, in order to not look threatening. He fought the temptation to look back at Aayla to see which knife she had chosen for the occasion. Even if he couldn't see it, he was betting it was there.
"Eoghan, t'is meh sister, Aayla, t'e one meh be tellin' ye 'bout a while back when she be comin' t' 'Ouse o' Rahl..." Obli motioned behind him. "an' sissy, t'is be Eoghan, meh druid friend." Obli's voice raised on the word friend, making it sound like a question on its own. Why was it that introductions had lately become a stand off? Now wasn't exactly the best time to be thinking about this. Obli cleared his mind. Looking up at Eoghan, he waited. Not because he would try to hurt them, Obli just didn't want to threaten him more than he already did, after all they were supposed to be friends. "Meh be bringin' ye whet ye ask'd fer, t'e only piece o' meh pas' meh 'as." Obli patted his satchel, while holding firm eye contact, Eoghan would appreciate that.
Obli.
Obli.
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Post  Obli. Fri Jan 15, 2010 12:50 pm

Aayla wrote:Aayla slipped from the saddle, landing on the ground with a soft muted sound a few scattered leaves crunching with the movement. She didn’t make any overt movements, her arms kept twined behind her back, one hand resting lightly on her dagger. Making her way to stand beside her brother, she looked to the elderly robed man, first his eyes, his face, appraising and assessing the man. Obli made the introductions she offered the elderly man an inclined head and smile meeting his gaze evenly, she’d lived long enough not to underestimate a person based on age alone. Her voice was calm, centered, smooth; “Well met Eoghan sir…” she offered with another smile. Falling quiet again, she moved to stand just behind Obli as he began his discussions with the Druid her gaze drifting to the fire and then slowly watching the man whom Obli spoke to now.

--Eoghan. wrote:Eoghan looked at the two of them. Obli appeared to be much calmer than before, perhaps he was right after all, that their prior encounter was due to Obli's frustration. Eoghan could help but feel a little guilty. The ceremonies an rituals he had practiced with Obli were designed to bring out hidden aspects of the person, nothing more, but he questioned if he would do it again if he knew this was to be the outcome. It was too late now either way. Plus, Obli had made the decision to move forward instead of killing him. That meant there was some level of control in him...somewhere.

Eoghan looked Aayla up and down. He didn't often take kindly to strangers. However, he knew from Obli that House of Rahl had taken her in too, and they had been terrific for Obli, seemed reasonable to assume she would be fine too. If nothing else, he could extend her the benefit of the doubt, Obli had made good on his promise by bringing her. It's a pleasure to meet you Lady Aayla, welcome to my home. Obli has told me many good things about you. Eoghan offered a shallow bow, it was getting harder in his age.

Yes, Friend... he said to Obli, as if to answer a question that wasn't asked. Come, both of you, follow me. You're tired and hungry. Obli, show me what you have so I can get the right supplies for the ceremony. And if I know you well enough, get the food you brought and make a meal while I gather the supplies. Eoghan walked back towards his cottage without waiting for them to follow.

obli. wrote:Obli relaxed, just knowing Eoghan wasn't holding a grudge was relieving. Taking the bag with food supplies off of Kael, Obli pet the horse's nose. He glanced over to Aayla and gave her an encouraging nod. Obli walked towards the fire pit where Eoghan was getting the fire ready for cooking. Obli's hand slipped into the satchel that held the ring. Running his fingers around the unique band he felt the grooves and twists. He's tried to re-create it in his smith, but never succeeded, meaning someone with even greater skill in metal work made this - but who? He did not know. "Aye Eoghan, meh be brin'in good eats, fig'rin' 'tis t'e leas' meh ken do." Obli looked away briefly, feeling a bit of guilt. "Oh, an' 'ere ye go, t'is whet meh 'ave." Obli drew the ring from the satchel and casually tossed it to the elder druid, feeling a bit odd as the ring left his direct possession for the first time since he ran way, nine years ago.
Obli.
Obli.
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Post  Aayla Fri Jan 15, 2010 2:54 pm

Aayla shadowed her brother’s movements, ghosting to the fire pit and leaning down to warm her hands. She’d relinquished her hold on the dagger, in truth the need to be holding the blade is little given how many she had. Watching quietly she casts a sidelong glance at Obli as he produces the ring. “Ye think parents’d be a touch more original wit things, maybe a nice blade’r’armor… always rings..” she comments off handedly with a soft chuckle. In truth she did have a bit more than a simple ring but there was one of those too, not that she told anyone of it before. Shrugging she finds a place to sink down and watch quietly, ever careful to keep herself a safe distance from the stranger, friend or not she didn’t trust him yet.
Aayla
Aayla
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Post  Obli. Tue Jan 19, 2010 9:54 pm

Eoghan wrote:Eoghan extended his hand to catch the ring. He was glad to know his reflexes were still sharp, knowing he had Obli to thank for that. He constantly kept Eoghan on his toes keeping his skills sharp - it seemed as if it was almost natural for him to keep people sharp on their skills.

Eoghan slowly opened his hand to get a look at the ring as it rested in the palm of his hand. His eyes widened. He'd seen this ring before, it was two ever made. Memories and visions from years past flooded his mind, bit and pieces. Tears, fire, pain, blood...lots of blood and agony. The memories looped relentlessly, paralyzing him in an abyss of despair. His eyes turned glassy as they filled, tears forming small rivulets down his face.

Obli. wrote:Obli glared at his sister. "Ifn' ye be knowin' t'e hell meh wen' t'rough jes' fer t'at..." He couldn't do it. Her chuckle got the best of his spite. He laughed shaking his head. He turned back to Eoghan "Eoghan, whet ye be t'inkin 'b-" Seeing the druid's face stopped him mid-sentence. "Eoghan? Eoghan, ye a'igh'?" Obli rushed over to the man and crouched down, looking back at Aayla with surprise written all over his face.

Aayla wrote:Very aware of the sudden stress in Obli’s posture and movements, and the frozen shock and panic that seemed to grip the old man, Aayla remained crouched by the fire a beat or two. She did not spring for a blade, no making someone dead would not fix this situation. “Blood and ashes…” she curses softly under her breath standing slowly and moving over to her brother. Emotions were not her thing no she avoided those as they left people messy and often crying, but shock she knew well enough from the young soldiers on the battlefield young lads struck dumb by blood and gore. “Best sit’em down…” she mumbled pulling a flask from her bodice and releasing the clasp on the lid. “This mi’help some, or knock ‘is boots off, whichever...Ye know’em well enough ye think ‘is heart is alright?” Handing the flask over to Obli she furrows her brow unsure of how to approach the strange man, trying to peek at the ring that seemed to cause the shock without luck she grumbles and turns back to Obli. “Wha, did ye forge’ta take tha’finger off it first?” she queries with a very serious tilt of her head.

Obli. wrote:Obli grabbed the flask from Aayla. The smell was over powering. Helping some was an understatement. Obli passed the bottle under the nose of Eoghan and poured a little into his mouth. Any reaction would be welcomed. Obli tapped him on the cheek, trying to bring him back to the present. "Eoghan! Heyooooo...Eoghan!"
Obli.
Obli.
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Post  Obli. Tue Jan 19, 2010 10:00 pm

--Eoghan. wrote:The voices seemed distant, out of reach. Horrid memories continued to loop. There was a snap of an opening flask. A burning sensation in the nose as the flask passed underneath it - that stopped the memories. The splash of liquor on his lips was strong enough to reanimate him. Eoghan sputtered. What are you kids drinking? He said with disgust as he wiped his mouth. He was quickly becoming more lucid and his surroundings more focused. His visitors were very close to him now and the looks on their faces were unnerving. The weight in his hand reminded him of the task at hand. He held up the ring, looking Obli sternly in the eye, he asked Where did you get this ring? His words were flat and serious.

obli. wrote:Obli sighed, there was nothing he'd like more than to not relieve the story, but if it could get him to the answers he sought...fine. "Meh be 'bout t'ree when meh star'ed won'erin' ifn t'e pe'ple meh be stayin' wit nay be meh real folks. T'e bea'in's be star'in and meh be 'nowin' t'at t'e ot'er chil'ren be gettin' trea'ed beh'er t'en meh. As meh be gettin' ol'er one o' t'e keepers o' meh, used t'drink an' t'tell meh t'in's 'bout nay bein' par' o' t'em an' such. When meh be tur'in' nine, it be gettin' worse..." Obli shuddered. Eyes welling up he looked away, dried them and continued. "One nigh' 'e broke meh fin'er.." Obli held up is left index finger. "as one o' t'e women folk o' t'e town be fixin' meh fin'er, meh saw a case t'at 'eld..." Obli took the ring from Eoghan, a bit of relief came from having it back in his posession. He held it up for both to see. "t'is ring. T'e man caugh' me lookin' a' it. 'E smack'd meh 'cross t'e face an' says t'meh t'at 't be t'e only key t'meh real pas' an' t'at ifn meh keep lookin' a' it 'e would de'troy 't an' meh ne'er be 'nowin' t'e trut'. Right' t'en an t'ere meh made ups meh min' t'run. Run fas'. T'at nigh' af'er 'e be pass'd ou' from drink, meh ran, bu' on t'e way ou' meh stol'd t'e ring." Obli paused to think about what he was saying. "Well, meh be guessin' 't be min' t'begin wit, so meh be takin' back whet be mine." He smiled weakly and forced a chuckle. He looked at Eoghan. "Af'er a couple o' days o' runnin'...meh foun' ye Eoghan." Obli patted the mans shoulder. He hadn't thought about it for a while, but Eoghan had really done a lot for him, thank Jah he didn't kill him, especially now. "An' ye set meh righ', e'en now." Obli smiled at the man, it felt good just to get it off his chest and share that dark part of his past with a couple people he cared about.

Aayla wrote:Aayla had ghosted back to the fire, her eyes locked on the dancing flames as Obli told his tale. She had managed to keep quiet as the darker parts of his past were laid bare, though the effort had cost her. A metallic taste in her mouth confirmed she had in fact bit her tongue a bit too hard. Glancing down at her balled fists she forced herself to relax, turning slowly to glance over at her brother. She was torn between demanding to know where these fools were that hurt him, and hugging the man as if that might ease some of the pain he had suffered. The two sides fought with each other and so she simply stood there looking very much like a pot about to blow over. Finally gaining control of her temper she let out a long sigh, moving to her brother’s side again she reaches up to place a hand comfortingly on the man’s shoulder. Still unable to speak without screaming a stream of obscenities she chews absently on her bottom lip.

--Eoghan. wrote:Eoghan sat staring into te fire as Obli told his story. Regret for not trying harder filled him. What else he could have done he didn't know, but he still felt responsible. Looking at Obli again, the resemblance was clear. He was their son. Eoghan hadn't seen it before, clouded by the assumption the family was all dead. Eoghan let out a deep sigh. Obli, I knew your parents. Odhran, your father, and I were friends for years before he met your mother. Eoghan paused, trying to decide if he should tell Obli the rest or not. It was likely he didn't know about the other family member, but he'd known Obli for years and knew he valued honesty. Eoghan really didn't want to tell this next part. You're father and mother were quite a pair, just a lovely couple. The day you were born was a happy day in your House, but sadness struck as well. Eoghan hesitated, there was no way to make this easier. You're mother died in childbirth, but not before giving your father a daughter, your twin sister. Eoghan had a feeling this news would hit his friend hard and it was only going to get worse. Your father was a relatively new noble, he'd lead the peasants in a successful revolt against Lord William Buidhe , who had been killing peasants. The peasants gave him honorary nobility for his duty and valor to the citizens. He took good care of the peasants. Eoghan drifted off in thought, before continuing. They presnted him with a Coat of Arms when they bestowed the honor on him. You're mother was pleased. He commissioned the jeweler to make two rings, one for you and one for your sister and placed the Coat of Arms on it. This is one of those rings. Hoping Obli wouldn't mind, Eoghan took the ring from him and offered it to Aayla. For revenge, Lord Buidhe hired someone to kidnap and kill you, but they double crossed him and tried to ransom you, taking the ring as proof. You're father launched a search for you, sending your sister off where only he knew. He died in a fight with Lord Buidhe leaving your sister lost forever, presumably dead. Ransom letters for you came for a couple years, then stopped. We took that as a sign you died too. Eoghan was choked up.
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Post  Obli. Tue Jan 19, 2010 10:02 pm

Aayla wrote:So engrossed she was in the story that the old man spun, a smile playing on her lips to know Obli had a story now… a real history, that when the ring dropped lightly into her palm she did not immediately look upon it. It was the warmth of the ring, an odd familiarity that drew her gaze from the druid to the fine marks of the crest. Her face paled, shock greater then she’d ever felt in her life struck her like lightening hurled from the sky. A half formed curse, more a squeak then actual words, fell from her lips as she drops the ring into the dirt at her feet as if it had bit her. Without thinking she’d pulled her daggers and glared between the men angrily. “This be some fashion of a joke then? Play on my feelings for yer’amusement? Laugh all ye will but I’ll take yer tongues fer it later…” Her rage, disbelief and pain clear on her features as she backed away from the pair, a few hot tears falling from her eyes. Spitting she continued to back up, until she ran into something large… large and alive. Kael looked back at her, whinnying softly and pushing back with an irritated glance. Stopped by a wall of horseflesh she turned her attention back to the men, cursing again softly under her breath.

obli. wrote:Obli didn't know what was worse, knowing the truth or not knowing. Had he gained anything really? He had no family when he came to Eoghan and now they were all dead. Still, knowing his father tried to save him was something. Maybe over time he could reclaim more of his past from Eoghan. Obli was disappointed. His thoughts were interrupted with the scream of his sister. She looked horrified. Pale and scared. Obli wasn't used to seeing her like this, she was tough and this wasn't exactly tough. Then what sounded like accusations came at him. Joke? Playing on her? Laughing? What in Jah's name was she going on about? Seeing the knife he knew this was serious. "Sissy? Nayb'dy be laughin' or jokin' wit ye, fact be yer scarin' meh." He looked at Eoghan, as if to see he knew what was going on.

--Eoghan. wrote:Her scream brought him back from his trip down memory lane. He'd just met her today and she was accusing him of something. What, he didn't know. The knife in her hand was enough to make him grow cautious. He stood arms stretched out to be non-threatening. Aayla... He said but didn't dare take it any further than that.

Aayla wrote:Aayla grabbed a slender chain from her neck, a snapping sound as she wrenches the metal snapping it from about her neck. Throwing it towards the fire and the two men standing stunned there, she spit again, “Fine tale, too fine, wha ye found me ring and thought it were funny to make a joke of it?” the pale chain coiled about a matching ring skittered across the ground to rest by the first she dropped. Still backing up some Kael pushed back at her again, catching her off guard in her anger and nearly knocking her to her knees; trying to keep her balance she steps outside the cursed horses reach moving her unwillingly closer to the men and the fire. Grumbling she glared coldly over her shoulder, “one more hor’se and I’ll turn ye t’glue!” she hissed at the horse… threatening animals… clearly she’d lost it, her mind spinning through the situation. There is no way… unless when she was injured that any would have known about the ring, but still… “Blood n’ashes… “Overcome with emotions she falls to her knees in the dirt, weapons falling from her hands, her head bowing in anger or tears whichever it be her face is hidden by her hair.
Obli.
Obli.
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Post  Obli. Tue Jan 19, 2010 10:05 pm

obli. wrote:Obli rose as he saw something fly off the chain and land near his ring. Figuring she would want it back we bent down. Picking up his ring, he decided to put it on his left hand - he was done with people taking it and dropping it. Scooping up what feel from Aayla chain he approached her slowly. Kneeling down in front of her, he reached out to place his left hand, reassuringly, on her shoulder. He held out to her what felt like a ring. It felt familiar. He looked down, thinking he'd made a mistake. He glanced between his two hands and froze. They were matching rings, right down to the last detail. " 'Ey sissy...w'ere did ye get t'is?" He managed to say cautiously at last, his vision was a bit fuzzy.

Aayla wrote:Aayla raises her head slowly, her face an unreadable mask for a moment before sighing and looking tired and sad. “Please Obli… enough wit’he joke…” Her shoulders sank with the weight of her emotions, she did not like being so open, so vulnerable, it was not her way. Taking the ring back she grumbled softly. “It’d be what was left in th’box when Nan and Aodhain passed on, that’n the papers fir me mum, Grainne O’Murchadha…” her voice little more than a whisper echoed in the dark space to her ears, years of pain and unknown pasts ringing with each word. Shrugging she regained part of her composure, wiping a few errant tears from her cheeks and scooping up her weapons, a soft curse on herself for letting her guard down so. “Iffin yer both done, I’ll… I’ll just go…” Her words were those of leaving but she remained kneeling, unwilling to move, unwilling to look up to see the laughter she not doubt would find on the faces of the two men.

obli. wrote:Done? Leave? Obli shook his head. He was confused. Removing his hand from her shoulder, he ran his fingers through his hair, at a loss of what to do. He encircled the hand that held her ring with his hands, exposing both rings. "Aayla...t'ere be nay a joke. T'e rings...t'ey-" He didn't even know how to put it. He was still in a state of shock. He looked at Aayla with all the sincerity he could muster. He had no idea why she thought he would try to hurt her like this.

--Eoghan. wrote:It was obvious to Eoghan how much Aayla meant to Obli. But, Grainne O’Murchadha? That was the only part Eoghan had caught from the conversation between Aayla and Obli. He hadn't heard the name O'Murchadha uttered in almost two decades, especially Grainne O'Murchadha. Eoghan was suddenly alive and he approached the two as they knelt there, keeping a small distance. O'Murchadha? How do you know that name? How do you know of Grainne? He said in a demanding tone.
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Post  Obli. Tue Jan 19, 2010 10:07 pm

Aayla wrote:Aayla glances from Obli to the old man and back. Opening her mouth to reply she pauses thinking carefully before speaking, “Wha… you mean this ain’t a joke…” Meeting Obli’s eyes she tilts her head slightly confused. She was so convinced this had been a joke it took a few moments for her to shake the suspicion that this was all some game to hurt her. But this was Obli, he had never once in all the years they’d known each other hurt her, not purposefully at least. Shaking her head again she closed her eyes, she had to think, two sides of her mind warring with each other again. Half claiming this was a bad joke, the other half yearning for it to be true. Turning her attention to the old man she forces herself to focus, her words coming out in a biting tone, “O’Murchadha’s me name fool man, Lady Aayla O’Murchadha, and I’s know nothing of Grainne apart from the fact she gave me life… according to the papers I’s given when Nan and Aodhan died… they’s the ones who raised me… sort of..” frowning she goes back to glancing between Obli and Eoghan her mouth still slightly open with confusion.

obli. wrote:"Look at t'e rings sissy, I ken nay be makin' som't'in' like t'is, 'onest - t'is no joke." He looked back at Eoghan, he didn't like anyone using a tone like that towards Aayla. "Whet be "O'Murchadha" 'avin' t'do wit anyt'in'? He growled.

--Eoghan. wrote:Eoghan was stunned by Aayla's revelation. He looked down at their hands, seeing the two rings near each other. Keeping his gaze on them, Eoghan spoke softly to Obli. O'Murchadha has everything to do with this, Obli. Grainne O'Murchadha, wife of Odhran O'Murchadha, was your mother. Say hello to your twin sister Aayla, Obli. Eoghan settled down next the them in disbelief. All these years of self-hatred for letting his friend down and here were his two children sitting before him. Tears of joy rolled down the man's face.

Aayla wrote:Aayla heard Eoghan as if from a distance, the word twins echoing in her head. They couldn't be twins, she had no family. How? Glancing down at the identical rings, she felt the world tilt. There had always been a connection between her and Obli, but for it to be a blood tie? Blood'n ashes. You'd think this would be something that would have been mentioned in the papers. Gorram'it, mentioned when she was growing up even. "Yer me brother?Ye dinna expect me t'cook in clean for ye? Cause I've no problem making me'self an only child again iffin that the case?" Frowning she stared at Obli trying to force herself to wrap her mind about the idea of a twin.
Obli.
Obli.
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Post  Obli. Tue Jan 19, 2010 10:10 pm

obli. wrote:Obli was stunned. The new was a drastic change in his life. Only a few minutes ago, he had a group of close friends he considered family, now he had a blood relation? It was almost too much for him. Well, what had really changed, not a whole lot. Confusion. This was getting him nowhere. Aayla's voice danced through the air, clear yet quiet. Cook and clean? What? "Well, meh nay be stoppin' ye ifn t'at be whet ye be wis'in'." He said playfully with a smile. "Nay sissy, t'is nay be chan'in' t'ings like t'at. Meh t'inks it be 'splainin' mor' t'en it be chan'in'. Meh be won'erin' why we be gettin' so close all o' a sud'en...be makin' sense now." Obli smiled and hugged Aayla. " 'Tis nice t'mee' ya sis." Obli grinned.

Aayla wrote:The blood rushing in her head nearly drowned out everything, but she felt the hug and managed to snap out of it in time to catch the last “'Tis nice t'mee' ya sis." Meet me? But we’ve known each other for years… OH! Shaking her head slowly she grinned lopsidedly at Obli. “Aye, nice’ta meetcha too… brother.” Snickering softly she shakes her head again. Glancing over at the Old man she frowns, clearly uncomfortable with all the displays of emotion this evening. “I could use a drink….” She mumbles under her breath.

--Eoghan. wrote:A drink sounded perfect right now. Eoghan rose and walked over to his make-shift brewery. Grabbing a few mugs he filled them. The aroma rose to his nose. The smell of berries was strong and the aroma was pleasantly sweet, yet it held a bit of a wild undertone. He'd sampled it before. It went down rather easy, but sufficiently did the trick like other liquors. He passed out the mugs to the twins. It's a new brew, might be just what you need...though its nothing like the stuff you kids are carrying. His head shook remembering the smell and taste of the liquor they gave him earlier that day.
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Post  Obli. Wed Jan 20, 2010 11:22 am

obli. wrote:Obli took the mug from Eoghan and nodded in appreciation. The aromas hit him strong. Taking a sip it warmed him inside. It had been a long and emotional day. The lack of sleep was wearing on him. He grabbed a piece of fruit from the food he never prepared, motioning to everyone else to take something if they desired. "Well sissy, t'e day nay be goin' 'ow meh planned." He chuckled. "Ain't ye glad ye came wit meh?" Obli said with a teasing grin.
Obli.
Obli.
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Post  Aasha Sun Feb 28, 2010 11:15 pm

Aayla wrote:Aayla twisted her hands together, her brow furrowed with some unspoken worry. Taking the offered drink she hrmed a soft appreciation for the liquor. “thank ye.. “ she mumbled to the old man, stealing a glance at Obli to make sure she wasn’t being rude or forgetting that ‘tact’ thing he keeps mentioning. Downing the liquid she wrinkles her nose as it lacks the bitter kick she craved. Forcing herself to swallow she turns to her brother. “Jus so long as ye don’t change nothing… Aye… I’m glad for it.” Smiling softly she does her best to hide the awkwardness that seems to have wrapped its self around the woman. “Din’a know I had real kin… dun know what t’do now…” biting her bottom lip she looks down at the empty cup with a chagrined smile. Deciding its best to avoid any further display of emotion she turns her gaze on the old man. "Kin ye tell us about...our folks? What was they like?" Tilting her head she watches Eoghan curiously.

--Eoghan. wrote:Eoghan looked at the pair, still bewildered to find them alive and well after so many years. Who would have thought after all these years, they'd be running around An Mumhain together - oblivious to their blood ties.

He began to tell them a little about their parents. Odhran, your father, was a great man. Dear friend of mine. Knew him from when he was younger than you two. He grew up to be a fine man tending his wheat fields. Good sense of right and wrong. Its what made him a lead the revolt against Lord William Buidhe. He was taxing the people more than they could make on their fields, taking their land from them when they couldn't pay. When he was successful, as I said earlier, your parents were made noble in the absence of Lord Buidhe.

Anyway, he met Grainne, your mother when they were only 15. She was a sight to be seen. All the boys wanted to be around her. Some would even purposefully get hurt so she could practice her art of healing. She was just the sweetest woman. She took a special liking to your father and they were pretty much inseparable afterward. They got married and after a couple years were blessed with children - you two. There were complications though and you mother was only able to hold you both for a moment before she died.
Tears formed in his eyes, he dried them. Sorry, it still gets the best of me, even after all this time. He looked at the two again, trying to force a smile.

Aayla wrote:Aayla had waited her whole life for this, some insight into who her parents were, where she was from and who she was to be. After the death of Nan and ‘Dhain, she had for the most part given up hope of knowing where she came from and now here was the man with the key to her past… Her’s and Obli’s… It struck her then, as she sat enraptured in the tale Eoghan was spinning that she was not nearly as shocked as one should be learning they’ve a twin. Obli had always been there, she’d thought of him as a brother for long time, and so this was hardly a change from how she already viewed the man.
Hearing the story of their parent’s beginnings brought a smile to her face, not one of the forced fake smiles that seemed her staple since she was a child, a real honest smile. Her mother had been a healer, oh how she had fallen from that example; the idea brought a chuckle to her lips. Looking over at Obli her smile widened slightly, she had a twin brother, her first thought was wanting to run about shouting with pride to any who would listen… her second was to say a quick prayer of thanks that it was Obli.

Aasha wrote:Aasha was bored. Staying in one place for very long, especially a place that hated NNGO as much as Corcaigh, was getting to her. She'd really only had one purpose in coming, to help replenish the markets. Her sense of right and wrong was skewed, but she did have one. Aasha had never been able to watch anyone starve, she'd gone without eating too often to be comfortable with that. Granted, the side visit made the trip even more worthwhile, confronting Obli in the jail was petty, but it sure had made her feel good. Even the slight guilt she felt had been quashed with his attitude.

Aasha was grinning as she traveled quietly through the woods. She had always loved the forest at night, feeling a sense of peace she seldom found in town. The slight rustling of animals, the smell of pine, the crunch of leaves...well, no leaves with snow on the ground, but getting back to nature was always enjoyable. She regretted leaving Storm in Inis, the mare would enjoy this as much as she, but she could move more stealthily without the horse.

The smell of woodsmoke reached her first, then voices whispered from the thickness of the woods. Aasha was no longer alone. - Funny place for an encampment, who would camp out this time of night? Irish wolves? A rebellion in the making? - She couldn't recall passing anything on the way here...but this wasn't the exact same route that she had taken. Aasha crept up slowly, determined to see what was going on before she announced her presence, a dagger already sliding into her palm. Her eyes easily picked up three forms around a fire, a small cottage back dropped against it. She wasn't close enough to pick out who yet, though a couple of the voices seemed familiar. Staying hidden well within the shadows, Aasha crept closer. Once she was close enough to see, but not be seen, she crouched low and listened.
Aasha
Aasha
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Aasha Thu Mar 04, 2010 6:47 am

obli. wrote:Obli caught his sister's glance. Returning her smile with a bit of glee. Something good had come from this whole mess. Sure, mother and father were dead, his adoptive family was bloodied, he'd spent the night in jail and almost killed a dear friend - but he had found a piece of his real family. It was all or nothing. He could have done without all the stuff leading up to it though.

Obli yawned. He had been up nearly for two days - and it had been the most unusual of two days. A night in jail wasn't exactly an ideal sleeping arrangement and he'd spent most of the following night traveling between here and home. Now long talks and trips down memory lane. Add a little emotion to the mix and he was fading fast. He hazily approached his sister, hugging her, pleased to know the truth about their relationship.
"Meh glad ye came wit meh sissy, ifn ye nay be comin' we ne'er would know." He smiled at her his attachment to her growing stronger with the news.
Aasha
Aasha
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Aasha Mon Mar 15, 2010 12:28 am

Aayla wrote:Aayla returned the hug, sighing softly before turning her attention to the old man once more. “I be pleased as punch ya know, that its obli an I got real kin an all…” She paused a thoughtful yet worried look crossing her face. “But… Ye ain’t gonna spring on me that Afonuvin… or someone like that be blood too? Cause I might feel a bit bad fer stabbing him and breaking chairs over ‘is head an all.” She grinned impishly, because truthfully there was nothing in this world or the next that would make her feel bad about punching, kicking or otherwise tormenting Afon. Glancing up at her brother, she notices how weary he looks, and frowns a little her own tiredness sinking in. “Aye I be glad I came too, but we ought ta get you home a’fore you fall asleep on yer feet. Ye be a bit too heavy for me t’drag all the way back ‘ome.”

Aasha wrote:Well hell. This wasn't a rebellion in the making, this was some sort of brother/sister bonding crap. What had she stumbled her bum into this time? It sure wasn't something she was comfortable witnessing. Aasha backed up, careful to stay silent until she was far enough away to stand undetected. She had two options...the smart one, and the fun one. It didn't take long for the girl to decide to go with the fun one. Seeing their reaction to her presence would be worth it.

Aasha moved back towards the fire, doing nothing to mask her movements on purpose. Stumbling in would be better than sneaking, she had less danger of finding a dagger in any part of her anatomy that way. If she surprised them, she had no doubt Aayla would throw first, ask questions later...it was what she would do. This way, she would be wary but controlled enough to hold onto her blade. Aasha stopped when the fire cast her in shadows, easy to see her silhouette, difficult to discern who she was until she moved closer. Then she waited, grinning impishly.
Aasha
Aasha
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Aasha Tue Apr 06, 2010 10:56 pm

obli. wrote:Obli heard footsteps behind him. He turned and looked, the disdain was clearly written on his face when he saw her. Sure, she was pretty and all, but the gall of that woman! He turned back towards his group and moved his hands towards his dagger. He was not in the mood to put up with her. "Well, well, looky who we be havin' 'ere...Aasha. Ye comin' t'grovel fer forgiveness?" He made no attempt to hide his displeasure.

--Eoghan. wrote:Eoghan saw Obli's reaction and took notice of the lovely woman that approached. He couldn't imagine why this had turned Obli's mood sour so quickly. Come child, sit. He motioned her towards the area they were sitting. Please forgive Obli, he's been up for a couple days and they have been rather trying too. I am Eoghan. What brings you to this area? He looked her her curiously. She was a good distance from any path or road. One wouldn't normally wander this far by accident. He didn't know her, so it was doubtful she was looking for him.

Aayla wrote:Aayla followed Obli's gaze, but was not quick to move, in fact she yawned a bit her hand moving to cover her mouth. "She ain't gonna put ye in jail again Obli..." She stated dully, she knew if it came to it Aasha would whoop her brother size an all. And of course that brought a hint of a smile to her lips, picturing that in her mind. "Hullo..." she called out, her way of a friendly-ish greeting, and while not moving her hand fell from her lips to rest on her sword's hilt... never can be too careful these days.

Aasha wrote:Bloody hell, this is why she wasn't nice, no one ever appreciated it. Surely Aayla knew her less than subtle approach had been deliberate, even if her daft brother had not. One day in jail and he was this hateful? Next time he could clean his own damn wounds. An' why w'uld I be askin' fer ya to ferg've me? Ya ken be grov'lin' if'n ya'd likes, bu' I ain't sure its too manly ya knows. Aasha smirked before meeting the eyes of the stranger sitting in front of the fire.

Aasha had always been taught to respect her elders, not only by her parents, but by her uncle. More than one of her father and her uncle's friends had called her child. It seemed to be an elderly thing to do. Respecting them was one thing she had never managed to shake, they had lived longer, and were wiser. They deserved respect, unless or until they proved otherwise. Her face showed that respect as she tried to smile at Eoghan, her hand not relaxing from the blade she had half hidden in her sleeve just in case. I'm Aasha, bet ya ken fig're tha' wit'out me tellin' ya. She was surprised to be invited to sit, but didn't hesitate, seeing Obli so obviously uncomfortable was too hard to resist. Jus' headed backs ta my home. I likes goin' through woods, tis rights peac'ful. I didna knows any'ne lived 'round these parts.

She didn't miss Obli's hand moving, nor Aayla's checking her weapon. Neither movement made her tense, she was wary, but had not stiffened up. This must be Eoghan's place, not either of theirs. She would have heard if it was. Aye Aayla, yer rights. I ain't aimin' ta be puttin' 'im inna jail 'gain. If'n he didna learn the firs' time, 'noth'r day ain't gonna be helpin' 'im. Aasha saw the fatigue on Obli's face. That along with Eoghan's words of his lack of sleep made her check her desire to make him bleed...he had gone through enough at her hands...for now...

--Eoghan. wrote:Jail? Oh! You're the one... Eoghan laughed. He took note of the unease that filled the three of them. Easy now everyone, we won't be needing weapons. That goes for you too Miss Aasha. He eyed her carefully. He didn't know where exactly, but he had a feeling she was just as prepared as the twins. You must be hungry after traveling. Obli, get her a plate and some food. Eoghan felt bad to do this to Obli, especially after everything he'd been through, but he could think of no better way to calm things down. Obli was strong, he'd get past this. Eoghan sat down relaxed. Ah yes, this is my place. I prefer to keep secluded. Being of the Old Ways, my presence can make some folks uneasy in town. He smiled pleasantly, trying to keep the conversation light.

obli. wrote:Sold out. That was the easiest way to describe how Obli felt. Eoghan was being friendly, sissy friendly-ish - all to her!? He ignored her chiding remarks. His thoughts wandered back to the jail house where she handed him the cloth for his hand. Additionally, her presence in Corcaigh had mysteriously coincided with an infusion of bread on his markets, so his citizens wouldn't go hungry. Her group had been in power and she'd put him in jail for only a day, he knew it could have been a lot worse. Maybe she wasn't all bad. Maybe there was something...decent about her.

His eyes flashed a look at Eoghan. He was supposed to play server now? He had to be kidding. One look told him Egohan wasn't kidding. He'd learned not to argue with the man, especially over trivial things. Obeying, without visible disapproval, he gathered a spread of items on the plate, breads, cheeses, fruit all the snacks the three of them had been enjoying. Out of nothing more than habit, he arrange the items to look as inviting as he could make them. A sign of Eoghan's culinary training coming through. He walked over to Aasha, extending the plate before him,
"'Ere ye go Aasha. 'Njoy." Without thinking, he sat down beside her. As the stark realization struck him, he edged himself a bit further away.

Aasha wrote:The hidden dagger slid easily back into the sheath in her sleeve. So this wasn't just a bonding thing, Obli had come here to complain about her? How utterly delightful. She smiled impishly at Eoghan, letting the Miss pass without comment. Some folks tends to make oth'rs une'sy no matt'r if'n its due to ol' ways o' nae. Bein' 'way from 'em gives ya a place ta be yers'lf wit'out a body judgin' ya.

Her amusement showed when Eoghan told Obli to fix her plate, deepening when he did as he was bid. She wasn't sure what his relationship with the man was, but it was obvious there was a depth of respect there. Especially considering she'd seen the look he had given Eoghan, he was less than pleased with the request. She couldn't blame him, if it were her she wouldn't have been able to keep from grumbling about playing servant for what could only be seen as an enemy.

Aasha was surprised however, when Obli handed her the plate and then sat beside her. Was he hoping she would choke? Wanting a front row seat? Or did he need to be close to stab her without anyone noticing? Enjoy? Maybe he'd slipped some sort of poison on the food, she'd heard there were some that were odorless and tasteless, if you knew much about herbs. Aasha eyed him warily, hesitant to taste anything. Umm...thanks... When Obli moved back a bit, Aasha bit off her laughter and chose a piece of fruit. No sense in dying hungry, she could still take him with her, poison or not. Hope I didna comes bumblin' in a' a bad time...I ken takes my leave if'n ya wants. Ain't meanin' ta be breakin' up a fam'ly meetin' o' nothin'.... It wasn't a total lie, if Obli and Aayla had headed out, chances were one of them would have made note of her presence, probably Aayla. She didn't need anyone tracking her back home.

Aayla wrote:Aayla watched with her mouth hanging open a bit, she could hardly stop herself. Did her brother actually... and then... For the love of all things holy everyone was going mad. She made a note to find whatever magic the old man used on her brother and market it! The thought brought a small laugh to her lips her hand moving from her sword to her lips to cover her mirth.

"No ye ain't interrupting nothing, resistance meet'ns is on the third day o'the week nay the second."
Her amusement clear in her voice, though of what she didn't say. "Look'n fer people t'rob or just homes t'steal?" she questioned lightly, her eyebrow arching faintly at the other woman.

Aasha wrote:Aasha bit back the urge to make fun of Aayla's mouth hanging open. Wouldn't do to antagonize the trio, after all she was traveling alone. Not that they necessarily knew that. She didn't miss Aayla's hand coming off the hilt of her sword, she could actually relax and enjoy the food now. She hadn't stopped to eat before leaving Cork, her mission had only been to make sure no one starved based on the reports she got, antagonize Obli in jail, then leave before anyone really heard where the food had come from. It was sad, she'd worried so much about others eating and never thought to do so herself.

Between stuffing bites into her mouth most unladylike, Aasha tried to answer Aayla. Sos I sh'uld be comin' backs t'morr'w? She wasn't surprised neither of them trusted her, it wasn't something that she ever let bother her. Better they think the worst than take advantage of her.Lookin' ta goes home...if'n there be folks wantin' to gives me don'shins onna way, I willna ref'se 'em. Why? Is ya off'rin' ta gives me som'thin'? She looked with apology at Eoghan, he had been kind enough to feed her, having words with his company wasn't exactly showing gratitude, but she'd never been good when provoked.
Aasha
Aasha
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum