Alternative RK
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[RP] Scotland declares war on England

Go down

[RP] Scotland declares war on England Empty [RP] Scotland declares war on England

Post  arthur_loxley Sat Jan 02, 2010 12:30 pm

Salter wrote:

Cumberland Council,

I bring you this notice today, because I am a man of principle and a certain degree of honor.. Your rumors, of a pending attack, are true.. But the rumors of why, when, how, and where, are probably not..

I bring you a declaration of war, pending your response to this missive.. You are to disband all military forces, and simply defend your towns. We do not want your money, or your way of life.. Defend that which is truly important to you, your coffers...

With this, is an offer to annex the County of Cumberland, to the banner of St. Andrew, rather than that of St.George.. Become a part of something greater than that which insults you every day, just as I am insulted by some who claim the banner of St. George.

You have twenty four hours to bring me a missive of good news and understanding.. Understand that this could keep your soldiers fit for something more threatening to you and your lives. If denied, you will have little time to prepare for what will come in the near future..

Julius Octavius of Clan Campbell

Citizens of England,

I bring you notice of the northern most county, Cumberland, being struck if diplomacy breaks down..

We do not seek gold, or your positions of 'power', but simply are fighting for the glory and to test our blades, against yours. Travelers in the area of Cumberland and the northern counties of England, I bid you warning that there will be no exceptions if the diplomacies between our forces, and the Cumberland county officials break down, for those traveling within the area.

Glory seekers are welcome to run against our blades, but it is not necessary as the heart of England, and its lively-hoods are not being threatened. But, test yourself, I will not deny you the chance.

Julius Octavius, of Clan Campbell

Salter adds a disclaimer on the parchment , and is unsure if it is Just Clan Cambell that hath declared war or Galloway or the Entire Scottish National Government

With Chester in a Mess, i ask ... will the council declare neutrality in this as well !!!
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

[RP] Scotland declares war on England Empty Re: [RP] Scotland declares war on England

Telcara wrote:
Koko26 wrote:I just lost 500 pounds just because the admins didn't make an announcement that now you don't need to be a lord to create an army, but you need to pay 500 pounds. I've seen nowhere such an announcement and neither an english translation IG of the new option.

That's how I've lost 500 pounds yesterday... Neutral

"I can hear the money disappearing.. sluuurp!"
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

[RP] Scotland declares war on England Empty Re: [RP] Scotland declares war on England

Alamothih wrote:Have to pay 500 pounds to make an army? Guess thats the end of army way.

And Scotland has to get to us first Razz
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Horatio.hornblower wrote:What do you mean they will have to get to us first?

Does that mean you would rather sit here and relax while an Army invades Cumberland?

Is this Army not led by the same person Cumberland has been watching and as a result of thier precautions the rest of England did not much more than tell them they were paranoid for having border restrictions.

Anyway, I would also like an awnser to Salters First Question. Will the Stafford Council sit idly by while other fight the battles for us?
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Post  arthur_loxley Sat Jan 02, 2010 12:31 pm

Rhenova wrote:Rhen looks around and says, "No comment. I have some contacts in Scotland for trade so I have to wait for Stafford's final ruling on the subject."
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Killed wrote:What would you have us do Salter? Move our army North so that we leave Stafford undefended against the Wolves, Chester, and KoP all of which have expressed interest in doing us harm?
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Salter wrote:
Killed wrote:What would you have us do Salter? Move our army North so that we leave Stafford undefended against the Wolves, Chester, and KoP all of which have expressed interest in doing us harm?

Sort out this bloody mess in Chester , so it wont hamper the defense of Cumberland, or shall we wait for the possibility of loosing lancaster and Cumberland , and be facing 3 unfriendly armies on the border of stafford ..... rather than one ?!
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Lynna wrote:Maybe if Chester had swollowed their pride, accepted the help offered, had the incident there dealt with in the first few days we wouldn't have to continually defend ourselves for our actions.

Chester has prolonged this much longer than was ever necessary, enabling those that took the castle more time to strengthen their defence. They still continue to attack Stafford with threats of sorting out the problem there then turning on Stafford afterwards. What exactly would you have us do about Chester now when those "calling the shots" so to speak are the ones that are attacking Stafford?

Their help has turned away, their county has been torn apart by the people themselves who are in charge of the decision making, which is what they wanted. No interference.

As for Cumberland, this has also been an on going problem, it does look like now Scotland, well in particular JO is going to attack. Almost 2 years of paranoia from Cumberland has depleted stocks, had countless armies and personel manning an unthreatened border,(except from one other time of a real threat) has tired out manpower that havn't been able to earn a living while sitting in an army, all while there was no national emergency called. I went myself, in the first call to assist a phantom emergency, even then we sent a mix of SG knights and civilians - volunteers, supplied food and weapons by the county.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Boy_Who_Cried_Wolf

To be quite honest, with this latest economical upheavel, how are we or any other county, going to support sending troops/ manpower unless they are self funding with money and supplies? Not to mention that Scotland is also in the same position. This is going to be a personal choice of every citizen of England on if they want to go to assist. No longer can the counties send away their county forces with no support. The Stafford Guards, even though the County force, are volunteers and cannot be made to go anywhere.
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Alamothih wrote:Chester council deserves to rot right now. Do you know how long it would have taken to get their castle back if they werent so arrogant and aggressive? less than 10 days.

How long has it gone on for? I feel 5 years older than when this tosh began.

We have a 5 star army, we could go and wipe the smiles off all the mess north of us if we wanted to.

So, lets march our army past Chesters balls up of a threeso.... i mean three-armies and go and hit through Cumberland.

Ignoring the fact that Lancaster jumps at any shadow that flickers a threat towards them, ignoring the fact Cumberland equally cut ties to Stafford, and then ignoring the fact that the KoP and Chester Army leave threats for Stafford we can go and beat backa possible invasion.

So whilst our entire army is in the North, we are defenceless, defenceless to threats such as these:

Elmix wrote:Lord Arkantros,

We may not agree in the past, however, this was exactly what i was thinking about all this day.

I have some more KoP on the way and they need to pass Stafford.

After freeing Chester, we will have 2 strong armies, so i will gladly assist to you in this matter.

Arkrantos wrote:
If Loxley deliberatly stops help I promise every person here that upon freeing Chester I shall turn into Stafford and have Loxleys head before I am content and disband.

Scotlands picked a gem of a time to strike, we cant deny that. KoP will be severely restricted, as will all our private armies, and infact every county in the North due to debt. Sucks.

Now if you give us a reasonable proposal on how to help, then yes I am sure whoever is in Council will review the plans to help. Until then, dont expect Stafford to forget all the insults and injuries its suffered, ignore all the threats aimed at us, ignore the power playing puppets, and leave ourselves defended!
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

TheRedChef wrote:
Salter wrote:
Sort out this bloody mess in Chester , so it wont hamper the defense of Cumberland, or shall we wait for the possibility of loosing lancaster and Cumberland , and be facing 3 unfriendly armies on the border of stafford ..... rather than one ?!

Wait wait wait

The Corsair/Wolf army is now unfriendly to Stafford?

Why, just last week, you and yours have accused us of being in league with them.

Anyway,

As head honcho of the port and shipping project, I've offered the discounted use of our ships in order transport troops and materiel to the front quicker.

That is about all we should do at this time.

We're the only County that has deployed active forces to contain the Chester situation. We can't afford to divert our troops from that project, while still achieving our naval objectives.
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Kenrich wrote:i would encourge everyone to stay calm and not jump quick to panic with this it seems to be a regular thing anymore from the north, i would say we watch carefully on this, but we can not just pick up and go north, with what we face down here with the threats, Stafford faces With all these new changes the world we know it is much different now.
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Post  arthur_loxley Sat Jan 02, 2010 12:32 pm

Louis_folger wrote:As a soon to be ex citizen of Chester County, I can say that the pig headedness of the 'Elected Council' and its methods of supposedly resolving the issues confronting Chester at the moment is not exactly winning the hearts and minds of the people.

Though it is my belief that for stability to return to this region of England, both situations need resolving post haste, so that Councils can then get back to resolving the economic issues facing their respective counties.
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Alamothih wrote:I hope I can call you neighbour soon Louis Wink Invite all of Chester!

It is alsoworth noting, JO isnt Scotland. JO is a Campbell, not anyone representative of all of Scotland.

And my Cousin Eric, the new Steward is definitely not the sort to throw threats, or charge an army over the border without warrant.
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Arthur_loxley wrote:Stafford is coordinating militarily with the entire North. People seem to be listening and cooperating at this time.
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Pr0phet wrote:Pr0pheT keeps listening to the situation reports
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Horatio.hornblower wrote:Hey, me again.

I am fairly new to this game but have spent several hours pouring over the forums reading subjects related to this dating back over six months ago and well from what i can read it seems to me that those here today in this very thread that are complaining about insults and being caled names and such things are the same people who continously call the people in Cumberland and Lancaster paranoids and power hungry not to mention some staements made that were well out of line.

I have also read that cumberland though heavily restricted in its methods has done well in protecting thier border. Did any of us stop to realize that when Duchess B5cmdrmo (hope i spelled that right) decided to open the border and leave it that way it took less that 2.5 weeks for a full assult to take place in chester. Many of those who are in the WOS/Cosairs seem to have travelled from scotland to take part in this event. not to mention that there is documented proof that the officials in Cumberland sent a warning to chester that there was an unusually high amount of known and suspected criminals heading south.

It seems to me that you all seem to forget that what you are putting up with now, the threats of attack and the real attacks, the possibility of attack, the possibility of leaving our county defencless. All of this is what Cumberland has had to deal with for well over a year now.

The above mentioned to have negative effects on people by the way, morale is low, troops abandon their station due to false alarms and such things. Not to mention that the constant waiting and watching for the next attack, the next army is alot to bear as i am such you guys are now learning the hard way. practical expeirence.

I am sure there is nothing more the peiople up there in cumberland would like to do more than go into scotland and beat this JO black and blue, teach him a lesson that intimidating a nation is not going to work.

I even read that they sent supplies and troops to chester, for a county who is always having striff on thioer own border they can mobilize and help a county thats 4 days travel away. WOW.

And much like you guys now everytime something happens in Cumberland evryone seems to have an opinion and an awnser, there way to get it done. Whats more is there are those who have nothing but trouble on thier minds and insults on thier tougne. Many Duchess's and Captain and the head of thier armies have taken dirt from just about every county in England and thier Council reps. I think Styafford and Cumberland have more in common than you seem to think. they deal with the same stuff you are now but have been doing it longer, only difference is the situation in chester will be resolved eventually. the one in cumberland can only be resolved by the Scots, as long as they allow these criminals and armies to form and attack England then they are as good as endorsing those armies and declaring War on England. Why is it that the RSA do not repond to the Army commanded by Jo? Surely they muct be aware that if one pushes hard enough the other will push back. When Cumberland or England push back it will be all out war between England and Scotland. It makes you wonder if that isn't what they want? Makes you wonder if it isn't linked with the situation in chester too?????
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Post  arthur_loxley Sat Jan 02, 2010 12:33 pm

Rainchaser77 wrote:Hello, sir. If you have indeed been educating yourself on issues as far back as six months ago, you should also know that Stafford sent supplies and offered to send soldiers several times even while being called traitors and criminals by the people asking for aid. You should also know that Stafford has offered to transport goods and soldiers by ship, and that some Stafford councillors are advocating destroying Julius Octavius for good, but the issue is not black and white and that needs to be remembered.

Stafford has also made several attempts at getting an ambassador from Cumberland to no avail. Diplomacy must be two-way if it is to work, wouldn't you say so?
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Salter wrote:
Hello, sir. If you have indeed been educating yourself on issues as far back as six months ago, you should also know that Stafford sent supplies and offered to send soldiers several times even while being called traitors and criminals by the people asking for aid.

Lady rain , we did indeed sent supplies .. once during a previous Dukes Term and once during my Term as Duke . .. We received a Letter of Thanks from Cumberland both times .. because the letter was delayed until my term .. of which i passed onto Council . I believe you are alleviating to your term as Duchess in which your Ex-husband was attacked by the Cumbrian Forces . .. there was mutual tension during that time ... I believe the issue of cumberland at that time , was our demands for compensation not anything to do with our offers of Supplies .
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Rainchaser77 wrote:Rain closes her eyes for a moment and silently counts to five before turning to face the new voice and speaking calmly. "No, Lord Salter, I have not confused compensation requested for aid sent, nor have I dug that far back in the past. Lord Alamothih and Princess Gabrielle both sent aid and it was Lord Alamothih's term I was referring to.

"The rest of what I said was relating to the current situation, and far more important at this time. The simple fact is that Stafford is helping as we are permitted to by those in power and as best we are able at this time in both cases. As the situation in and out of Stafford changes it will continue to be re-evaluated."
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Salter wrote:Aye M'lady and as i said , we got a Thank you letter from the Cumbrian Council for it ... so i am honestly just asking for clearance , because the only time i remember political fire from Cumberland was that of the time , when you pushed for compensation from the Cumbrian Council ..

When you say those in power are you referring to our council , or yourself , or the Cumbrian Council ?
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Arthur_loxley wrote:Stafford offered supplies to Cumberland about two weeks ago, maybe three. We even offered to carry it up there. The offer was not taken, and it was a substantial amount. Even while being called traitors and whatnot, we still offered aid. Even though Cumberland is busy with the border to deal with diplomacy, we approached them and have worked with them both militarily and tried to economically. We have been turned down economically (supplies) due to the TM in Cumberland. All Counties are aware of the substantial offer we made to Cumberland as it was done in Privy council.

I would ask that assumptions not be made. If you don't know if Stafford has offered a county aid or whatnot, ask. Do not assume..
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Pr0phet wrote:Please my friends, let's lower the tension

We all need to understand that the current structure of the English government allows a huge freedom to each county (to the point of almost being non-linked to the central government) which comes with an elevated responsibility and administrative burden.

Stafford is through hard times, as is Chester or Cumberland. Do not assume that our county has found the legendary horn of Amalthea and has its coffers full of freshly minted coin.

I was TM when we sent aid and we are sending aid again. We are doing our best. The original discussion over here was not whether we should help Cumberland or not. It was about using the Cumberland situation as a pressure point to hasten the resolution of the Chester situation.

I hope I have enlightened you enough, dear Horatio.
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum