Alternative RK
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[RP] Birmingham Revolt

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

[RP] Birmingham Revolt Empty [RP] Birmingham Revolt

Post  arthur_loxley Wed Oct 14, 2009 2:32 pm

Arthur_loxley wrote:Arthur came to the castle to review the matters on his desk. The Duke had yet to be acknowledged this term, but the work never ended. He was on his way to submit the castle's banquets when a report came in about Birmingham. There has been a revolt! An individual named CJ_ has taken power and ousted the mayor of Birmingham. A clerk came shouting as he ran up to him handing him the dispatch received from the AAP.

What? How can that be? Alarmed, Arthur quickly made his way to his office. He summoned different individuals including the Paymaster of the Guard. In absence of the Captain, the only person who would be able to coordinate the troops would be the Paymaster. Where is the census of Birmingham? I need it on my desk NOW. He was angry and ordered clerks around. They knew that his temper was running high and to keep their head down while getting their work done. Your Grace, this is the most recent census.

It is six days old. This is useless. Is there no updated census since I left Birmingham?? The clerk shook his head. Arthur stood up, shoving the papers from his desk to the floor. He folded his arms in an attempt to control his anger, and through gritted teeth spoke to the clerk: Inform the councilors that their presence is required in the military chambers. We have no time to lose. Arthur had left Birmingham the day before Salter had been elected, and had spoken to him on several occasions since then about the health of the town. He didn't know how or why this had happened, but he was determined to find out. Hopefully, he could contain the damage done to the town with the help of the Stafford Guard and local residents.

[Background: A revolt has taken place in Birmingham tonight, and it was not sanctioned. If you have any information (events of the revolt), please report it in the PP's thread.

OOC: While this is a troubling issue, it is also a great RP opportunity that I do not want to let pass us by. Last term this kind of issue plagued the first weeks of our term and I could have made a better attempt at integrating it into RP. Anyone may join in the RP. You can be around the county and have heard of the revolt by the AAP. Many people have been asking me about this revolt and I am just as clueless as you. This is an attempt to find out what happened, why, etc and how we can learn to be better prepared for the next time.]
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

[RP] Birmingham Revolt Empty Re: [RP] Birmingham Revolt

Lady_bunny wrote:There was a hub bub in the Ox and Wagon when I arrived this evening..I could hear the whispers and I asked them what it was all about

My friends, what news have you? You are all a jittery tonight.

Passing me the latest note written by the AAP I read that there was a revolt in B'ham. Gasping and hoping everyone was alright and no one was hurt I pen out two msgs...

[rp]Dear Lord Salter,

I hope you were uninjured in this revolt. My thoughts are with you that your town shall stay safe.

Sincerely

Lily Bunny Sutton
Mayor of Coventry
Baroness of Codsall[/rp]

And one to the Duke

[rp]My Lord Loxley,

I hope things are well for you, pray tell what news do you have of the revolt I just heard the distressing news and the towns people of Coventry want to know what is going on.

Give my regards to Lady Lynna and to young William.

Sincerely
Lily Bunny Sutton
Mayor of Coventry
Baroness of Codsall[/rp]

Finding a young messenger on a swift horse, which was easy as I bred most of the horses in Coventry and knew they were swift if foot and keen of sense, I sent the missives along
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Rhenova wrote:Rhenova arrived at the door of the office of the Duke and allowed himself to enter. "Well, I see you've heard the news m'lord." He said as he saw the Duke outraged at the recent revolt. "I have already worked up some papers for you to sign so that the Stafford Guard can help contain the matter and reverse the effect."

Rhen placed the papers on the desk and continued to speak, "I've also sent a messenger to Salter, letting him know of the situation, and that help is right around the corner for him. Shall we continue creating a plan for this m'lord, or shall I act immediately and tell the guards to work up as many willing?"
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Arthur_loxley wrote:He turned towards his desk where the papers were placed, and picked them up to read. Looking them over, he nodded listening to the Paymaster. There are a few soldiers from the Knights of Phoenix still in the area. Jeroen, Debbie, and another should be boarding at the Prancing Knot. If you need more men, you can secure their services.

He skimmed through the papers, mumbling to himself about the number of Guards in the town. We haven't coordinated with the Birmingham Home Guard right? Do you have a more updated census than six days ago? He continued reading the paper reviewing the break-down statistics of Guards. How is it possible....? His words faded as he continued reading. He was having a hard time focusing on the papers because he kept thinking of how the town of Birmingham could be seized. Find me everything you can about this individual, CJ_. I want a report completed as soon as possible. He finally finished reading and placed the papers down. He affirmed his signature to the papers with the quill his wife had given him when he took office.

Arthur Loxley Tudor
Duke of Stafford

Do we suspect that witchery is involved? He looked up from the papers to face Rhenova. He listened to the preparations and notifications he had done and nodded in approval. Salter, he will need to answer for this. I'm very surprised that it was not caught before. I know that Salter may not have the skill necessary to maintain his position in office, but we need to try. He is the rightfully elected mayor of Birmingham.

Alert our Guards in town, and have them muster troops to take back the town. Have them on standby until news is reached by Salter. We need to work with him. If the town cannot be taken back today, prepare a larger assault for tomorrow. The less time CJ_ is in power, the less damage can be done to the town of Birmingham.
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Post  arthur_loxley Wed Oct 14, 2009 2:33 pm

Salter wrote: Lord Salter , distressed as he has ever been , burst through the Doors of the Castle Chambers .. limping slightly Treachery!!! ... Treason! ... Taking a seat at the table he banged his fist violently Rally the Troops! .. Loyal Citizens grab your Pitchforks! .. the time is nigh !! .. Salter still red from his anger .. bit his tongue and lip .. the scene still running violently in his mindThat Vagabond swine is barricaded within the office!! i say .. the Main doors are clamped shut .. the windows inaccessible .. I am tempted to burn him out !! Salter sat there .. still in his morning dress Jah give me strength not to execute the man once i see him..! for i will drag him through the streets tied to my stead !

(OOC: As you know there has been a revolt in the Town .. I have mailed to some of the towns folk asking them for their assistance .. in revolting IF they are under 110 charisma ..

I had hired one militia , as we do .. and i really didn't see this coming . im unsure if the man had assistance , because he must of had at least 3 accomplice's if my knowledge of IG mechs are correct . I believe it is the work of clones , but the evidence is unsure yet ..

I agree with Arthur although this is highly embarrassing for me , i see a good RP opportunity ... so please RP it Smile )
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Joris06 wrote:reads a message that was given to him
[rp]
Greetings Squire Joris,

say good bye to your friends in Stafford city and be ready to head for Birmingham
there was a revolt there and they may need help

meet me at the south gate of Stafford at 10 pm tonight

Squire Debie will have the horses with her
i want you to buy food on the market for us it will have to last 4 days

Knight Apprentis Jeroen234
Division 1 combat team 001 Commander

[/rp]

after reading it he pays his bills and starts packing his stuff and then leaves the inn
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Telcara wrote:Telcara heard the new of the Birmingham revolt early in the morning. She was a bit shocked, as it could've just as well been Shrewsbury instead of Birmingham. Looking over the town, to the direction of Birmingham, she wished she could do something but knew her place was in her own town and that people would come to Birmingham's aid, be it the citizen of the Birmingham or soldiers. She went to tend her animals instead. The air was cooler, a cold autumn morning, and she was thinking of if she should start to wear her trousers soon or not.

She fed her pigs and cows and saw that Majros, one of her cows, was standing by itself. "Hello dear.." She stroked Majros gently over her back "Mooo" Majros greeted her. "You know Majros, maybe I should've taken all the fish anyway. Birmingham won't be able to buy it today. I would have taken good care of them" "Moo?" Majros responded and ate some of the grass in Telcara's outreached hand "Hmm, yes.. The trader should be there today. I hope no harm has come to her. Maybe she can come back and give me the fish instead.. wouldn't that be good?" Telcara smiled at the image she saw in her head, of the town hall and tavern being filled with sticky, moist and tough fish.
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Post  arthur_loxley Wed Oct 14, 2009 2:34 pm

Salter wrote:Salter banged his fist son the table as a friend of his in birmingham whispered to him what the current situation is ..Corruption?! .. what Bloody corruption ?! .. Blah .. the mans a fool .. my reports are posted daily in the town council .. we shall see who is corrupt .. and now the mans throwing fruit out of the towns warehouse .. he claims that there is little money in there ?! that is because most of the money is out on trades with Worcester .. my cousin deekay will tell you all! .. and as for the "Few fruit" in the inventory .. the 30 fruit was collected for a fish deal of which the trader has arrived today rather confused ! .. and now he is claiming also no food was in the tavern ? .. that is because the last stock had been bloody bought .. and i would be able re stock it if i had access to the TOWN HALL!!! grr .. oh what a traitor .. conspiracy i say ! .. a shame upon those involved !
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Yunno wrote:Yunno woke up as usual and went to his door leading to his forge when he saw the piece of paper nailed to his wall. He let of a loud shout of rage after reading the hastily scribbled words.

"The town hall has been taken over by some upstart brat and the Mayor has been kicked out of his office. There shall be revenge!"

Picking up his trusty forge hammer, he made his way to the meeting point where all the loyal citizens were gathered. Apparently, there was some sort of plan to take back the town hall.
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Regnavats wrote:Waking from a slight stupor Regnavats hears of the revolt by street urchins shouting about it in the streets of Derby.

Thats it he thinks to himself, I must do something to help, and with that he pens an application to Rhenova, the Paymanster of the Stafford Guard for hopeful acceptance.

He pays a young upstart to deliver the message, dresses quickly and heads over to the Council Chambers to see what else needs resolving.
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Salter wrote:Salter sings in an aggressive tone ; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kCvIw7DMHXc&feature=fvw
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Post  arthur_loxley Wed Oct 14, 2009 2:38 pm

Rhenova wrote:"M'lord an update on this Cj_ character for you," Rhen said as he placed a detailed report on the desk.

Cj_, who has taken the town of Birmingham, is a vagrant. He is not well known at all, (7 rep). I also am to believe he had came from Wiltshire with many of the people who have admitted to truting him are from, (3 from Oxford). He also has no fields to what I'm told, and has a surprisingly high amount of money. He uses an axe as his preferred weapon.
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Jorne wrote:Jorne had woke up and was relaxing at his home in Derby when the postmaster had passed his house. He grabbed the AAP article and saw the front page's title, "Revolt in Birmingham! Cj_ has taken the power," glaring at him. He mused to himself.

"Hmm, I think I've only seen the person once or twice back when I lived in the capital."
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Teh_uberness wrote:Thane woke up to a messenger rapping on his front door. He snatched the paper from the young man's hand with a growl, then slammed the door shut before the boy's nose was clear. Thane blocked out the sounds of the messenger's painful howl as he opened the letter.

Orders from the guard...to revolt? Here in Birmingham?? What madness is this!

Thane hastily pulled on his boots, coat, and hat. Then, grabbing his sword as he walked out the door, he ran down the lane to the town hall. He was not the first to gather there, and he recognized the faces of some of the others milling about the door and waving weapons, including Yunno. Salter was not yet there.

He pushed his way to the front of the crowd to read the notice tacked on the door.
"Corruption...bad management...no cash...what the devil is this all about?? Some vagrant coming in to loot our town, and trying to justify it by making Salter look like a criminal. Hmph. No coin in the treasury indeed! Well, there certainly won't be any in there tomorrow..."

He stormed home to put on pants, then scratched out a quick message to this new mayor on a piece of scrap paper. Running back to into the mob, he slipped the note under the door, then stepped back to survey the situation.

As a former mayor, Thane knew the building well, well enough to know there was no other way in. Shouting, he joined in with the crowd, yelling threats and obscenities and banging on the door of the town hall.

((OOC: Couldn't think of a way to RP this, but I just tried to auto sell a ball of wool to the town hall. This guy has totally emptied it. Not even 11 pounds left in the treasury.))
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Anonymoose wrote:Anonymoose arrived in the military chambers, and hurried to catch up with the situation. Her eyes widened as she reviewed all the reports.

"Oh my, the revolt occurred relatively early in the mayoral term. Not an auspicious start at all. Where there any witnesses? What happened to the militia; don't tell me they all fell asleep on the job!"
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Post  arthur_loxley Wed Oct 14, 2009 2:42 pm

Arthur_loxley wrote:[OOC: There are Guards at the castle, people cannot just walk in. While Salter would have been called to answer for the events in Birmingham, he hasn't yet and so the Guards would not be aware to let him pass through. ]

Arthur paced inside of his office. He needed more information prior to approaching councilors. He wanted to summon Salter, but would wait until after the town was secure. As each minute passed, Arthur became increasingly agitated. A clerk came in, his head down. Your Grace, Lord Salter is at the foyer of the castle. Also, a census of Birmingham from three days ago has been located. He took the paper from his hands, looking it over. Three days is still too long. We need daily census from each and every town. Inform Lord Salter that I shall be with him soon. The clerk nodded, and stepped back out of the office. Paymaster Rhenova entered again with more news about the rogue who took Birmingham.

Cj_, who has taken the town of Birmingham, is a vagrant. He is not well known at all, (7 rep). I also am to believe he had came from Wiltshire with many of the people who have admitted to trusting him are from, (3 from Oxford). He also has no fields to what I'm told, and has a surprisingly high amount of money. He uses an axe as his preferred weapon.

How is a vagrant, barely known, able to take the town hall? A rhetorical question to the Paymaster. He didn't want to know. He looked at the information that the Paymaster had gathered. Witchery, was all that crossed his mind. Wiltshire had been competing with Stafford with trade and prestige in the last few months and would they use witchery to harm Stafford? Revolts always had a negative effect on the prestige of a county. He closed his eyes, breathing deeply to control his anger at the thoughts coursing through his mind.

I need to go inform council. Please head to the foyer, coordinate defenses with Salter. He must be the most charming to revolt or he will not be maintain his mayoral seat. I trust you can handle this while I inform council about the events of Birmingham.
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Post  arthur_loxley Wed Oct 14, 2009 2:42 pm

Rhenova wrote:"Yes m'lord," he said as he saluted. "I will go and coordinate the removal of the suspect and apprhend any others that were with him in this assualt to our county. Lord Salter will be pleased about our quick actions." He then bowed and left the room to find Salter, and go over the plan to take over the town for him once more.
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Post  arthur_loxley Wed Oct 14, 2009 2:43 pm

Rainchaser77 wrote:The sun is up but still low in the sky when the messenger arrives in her office in the Ludlow Town Hall. She had risen before the sun in order to get her work done for the town and still have time to attend to council business. He tells her what happened and what is known about the incident and the person who had muscled his way into Birmingham Town Hall. "What? How?"

Corruption? Well, she'd be the last person to defend Salter on that charge, but a mayor who arranges trades for his town can't be all bad. Birmingham is his town but...the censuses are outdated. Evidence of witchery all over them. Could that be it? Or was it something else? No way of knowing if there were masses of strangers in Birmingham. Certainly foolish not to maintain the census given that Salter has been marked for death by unsavory types off and on for over a year--even she knows that.

Trade...trade...

Realization rushes through her mind and she slumps a little in her chair. The trade certainly can't go through now. And how is she going to explain to her brother that she sent the woman he is growing fonder of by the day out on the roads to trade with a town that is now in rebel hands. She looks up at the messenger.
"Please find Eamon Jamieson. Tell him what has happened...and that the woman he is courting may be in danger." She stands and starts to gather her things. Town business would have to wait. Today the county is more important. In the midst of putting on her cloak she pauses and calls after the retreating messenger. "And tell him I'm sorry."
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Debie2008 wrote:[rp]Greetings Squire Debie,

say good bye to your friends in Stafford city and be ready to head for Birmingham

meet me at the south gate of Stafford at 10 pm tonight with the horses

Squire Joris will buy food for us

Knight Apprentis Jeroen234
Division 1 combat team 001 Commander [/rp]

it was 7 pm when she got the message
did he have any idea how long it takes to get the 3 horses ready ?

she made a sound with her mouth and her eagle came flying to her and landed on her leder glove

she feeded it a piece of meat and then let it go again
flying high above the town

it is trained to warn her for danger and to protect her if needed

she hired 2 boys to help her with the horses and the 3 of them left the town
just outside Stafford at the grounds of a landlord where there horses
she told the boys what to do

and 2 hours later 3 warhorses in full armer where ready
[RP] Birmingham Revolt WarhorseElite_qjpreviewth
they walked them to the south gate and she payed the boys
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Jeroen234 wrote:it had been a long day for him
after he had read in the newspaper about the revolt
and knowing that the council was at the point of switching he did not think that council had allowed this revolt to happen

catching the Duke before he left home to go the castle confirmed that
he offered his help to the Duke and was told to make contact with the disposed mayor of Birmingham to see if he would need help getting into his office

it remembers him of when they had to break down a door in Salisbury
the mayor had closed the door with the key still on the inside of the door
and had no way of getting back into his office

the militia had not wanted to listen to them
they did not know the mayor and did not know better then that the mayor was inside
they had to fight the militia and tie them up and then break the door out
he smiled while he remembers that

he found a tavern and orderd a ale
then he wrote 2 orders
[rp]Greetings Squire Joris,

meet me at the south gate of Stafford at 10 pm tonight

Squire Debie will have the horses with her
i want you to buy food on the market for us it will have to last 4 days

Knight Apprentice Jeroen234

[rp]Greetings Squire Debie,

meet me at the south gate of Stafford at 10 pm tonight with the horses

Squire Joris will buy food for us

Knight Apprentice Jeroen234

and give them to a messenger both where long enough in Stafford to be know by a lot

Joris with his unusual weapons and Debie with her Eagle where hard to miss if you where looking for them

he was just about ready to leave for the Inn when a messenger arrived from Wiltshire

just what i need more bad news he thought
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Lady_bunny wrote:Having been up late this evening I read the papers that another revolt has happened in B'ham I begin to worry and hope to hear word from the Duke soon..
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Jeroen234 wrote:Jeroen and his troop ride into Birminham

and hears again about a new mayor there

he rides to the town hall singing the KoP marching song to let the town know they are coming

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K5sANHYp_IQ&NR=1

and call the people to come to the town square
and wait till the guards tell them if they need to revolt or defend the town

ooc:
my men will wait for 12 hours for what to do
my charm is to high to get Salter into his seat Deb and Joris have low enough
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Debie2008 wrote:she rides slowly into Birmingham singing and waving to people to come

at the town square she dismounts and then takes all 3 horses to a save place
they wouldn't be needing them for now

she looks up and sees her eagle sitting on the roof of the townhall
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Arthur_loxley wrote:Arthur had been in the military chambers with councilors most of the night informing them about the situation in Birmingham. There was not enough information except what the Paymaster could gather, and he wasn't very pleased. He made a note to revise the way intelligence was gathered in the county, and the logical place to begin this discussion would be to visit the Guard Barracks and speak directly with the soldiers. This is exactly why census and intelligence gathering was crucial and why the cooperation of mayors was necessary as well.

Certain councilors were questioning the purpose of the revolt, but Stafford law did not distinguish between harmful revolts versus displeased citizens. The law was clear. If the council did not sanction the revolt, it was illegal as stated by Girls and Lynna. If any citizen was dissatisfied with the mayor or the operations of the town, they had a few options: petition the council for a sanctioned revolt or participate and get involved in the local politics to make changes.

Arthur was frustrated with the way the last two terms in council had begun. Last term, Derby was revolted upon by Basileus on several occasions, and threats were made that he would be back to seek revenge. His threats were directed towards Derby and Girls as mayor, but now this revolt occurring in Stafford was highly suspicious. Witchery was already being cried out in the streets of the capitol, and by the rightfully elected mayor of Birmingham, but there was insufficient evidence to support these claims.

Arthur met with Salter during the night to discuss the situation. They'd spoken about the Guard and local townsfolk, and Salter did not seem very pleased with the county's help. Realizing this, Arthur reevaluated the situation and requested information from him about the Birmingham town guard. If they were already taking care of the situation, he would recall the Stafford Guard and allow the mayor to secure his rightfully elected position in Birmingham. However, the mayor was not willing to part with the information insisting that his priorities were elsewhere. Arthur nodded in acknowledgement and affirmed that regardless, the Guards would help him oust the rebel mayor from the town hall. That is one thing that the town could count on.. the Guard. Mobilization of the soldiers had already been placed into effect and it was now a waiting game. Arthur sat in the foyer with Salter as they awaited news about counter-revolt. A clerk found him and delivered a letter to both men from Lady Lily Bunny, Baroness of Codsall. He knew her well as mayor of Coventry. He had worked with her on several occasions and was proud to be a citizen of Coventry. Her letter filled him with warmth with her concern over Birmingham. She was always one to think of others and never herself. In a way, she reminded him of his wife with her willingness and caring demeanor. He opened the letter, and knew he should send word, but until the situation was resolved.. there was nothing he could say.

[rp]My Lord Loxley,

I hope things are well for you, pray tell what news do you have of the revolt I just heard the distressing news and the towns people of Coventry want to know what is going on.

Give my regards to Lady Lynna and to young William.

Sincerely
Lily Bunny Sutton
Mayor of Coventry
Baroness of Codsall[/rp]
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Debie2008 wrote:Debie was sitting with Mayor Salter in the tavern and they talked about what that happened
Salter wanted to see the books of the townhall but there was no way in only a small open window with bars for it

she asked for a old book of the townhall
and got it why do you need it asked Salter
she explained that her eagle was trained to do a lot of things
bringing or getting things was one of them

after showing the book and then the window and search
the bird flow away to the window and got inside

after a few min he came back with the townhall book in his claws
and droped it in her hands

she gave it to Salter

ooc: salter spoke with the mayor who is now in the townhall
and got the books from him
arthur_loxley