Alternative RK
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An Unusual Request

Go down

An Unusual Request Empty An Unusual Request

Post  Aasha Sun Apr 26, 2009 8:42 pm

Aasha hadn't been in Ireland for long when she finally got a chance to discuss the remaining arrangements for her rapidly approaching marriage with Donnor. She wasn't nervous, or at least she told herself she wasn't. After all, she'd already promised not to run long ago, and didn't really have an urge to, though she hoped he didn't. But when the discussion rolled around to who would stand up with her, she drew a blank. She had already asked Athorgate to give her away...unfortunately, she had no idea she was required to have a maid of honour as well. After hearing Donnor explain what a maid of honour was, and remembering her own stint as a best man, a glimmer of an idea shone through. Rapidly discussing it with her love, she wondered at the odd look on his face, but was quite pleased when he agreed. It would mean a quick trip to Cill Chaoi without Donnor, which she hated. But she had to make one anyway, and she could combine the two trips.

After a very active night, she rose a bit blearily the next morning. The goodbye kiss lingered well past when she planned her departure, but was well worth the delay. The sun was high in the sky when she finally set out on Midnight, the soothing motion of the horse lulling her into a half doze.

By the time they arrived in Cill Chaoi, she was nervous about her plan, but was trying to hide it as best she could. She had no idea where to look, but figured in a new town it shouldn't be too difficult. A tavern seemed the best place to start.

Sliding off Midnight's back, she patted the horse down and rubbed her cheek gently into her mane, whispered a few words, warned the stableboy to stay far away, then walked quickly into the nearest tavern, Samoan Isles. Luck was with her, she'd barely made it through the door when she saw him sitting with an ale already half finished in front of him. Hey big bro. Ya didna ferget my weddin's comin' did ya? I know yer givin' me 'way, but I'm needin' a bigger favor than jus' that. Came all the way from Inis to be askin' too.
Aasha
Aasha
Admin

Back to top Go down

An Unusual Request Empty Re: An Unusual Request

Post  Aasha Sun Apr 26, 2009 8:43 pm

Athorgate wrote:Athor sat, as usual, in the tavern at the side of Scarlet. This night finds them both sipping ales slowly, preparing for the contest the following night. The door swings open and a tiny little figure walks through the door. Athor can not suppress a smile at the sight.

"Lil' sis!! You made it!!" he scoops her up in hug and sets her down. He looks at her as she goes into her greeting, a little nervous at the way she looked and the fact she had to come all this way to ask him.

"Ask away Aasha, what do you need?" he says with a frown...
Aasha
Aasha
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Aasha Sun Apr 26, 2009 8:43 pm

Ain't lil dammit!! As normal, she totally ignored the fact that at 5 foot tall, she was indeed little. Hugging him back fiercely, she grins. She couldn't help but be happy to see him, it'd been too long since he came to Ireland. She would never forget how happy he was when she said they'd be taking the next ship out.

Remembering why she was here when he asked what she wanted, she felt nerves overtake her again. Umm... Looking down, she mumbles real fast; Donnor said I hadta have a maidohonor an I ain't gots one an its posed tobe someone I'm close to an yer the only one sides him I'm close ta an will ya does it fer me?
Aasha
Aasha
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Aasha Sun Apr 26, 2009 8:44 pm

Athorgate wrote:He listens to her quickly rattled off request, his eyes growing larger as it comes clear to him what she is asking. He feels a mot interesting sensation in his lower stomach, kind of like a horse had kicked him square in the belly. He could feel the color draining, and he swallows hard, "You wants me to be yur*gulp* Maid of Honor?"

He feels about for a chair before he falls to the floor.

Aasha
Aasha
Admin

Back to top Go down

It was much easier to peek beneath her lashes for his reaction once he...sat...into a chair. She nodded her head and grabbed his hand, her voice earnest. Yah. Yer my bro an' I loves ya an I wouldna ask ya if'n it werena impo'tent an'...an'...please????
Aasha
Aasha
Admin

Back to top Go down

Athorgate wrote:He wonders briefly if he has an ability to delay the wedding at this point then shakes his head looking at her pleading with him. He can only sigh and blink repeatedly while saying, " Yur maids of honor? Ya ain't gots no girly friends ya could be askin' to do that?"

He lowers his head, taking a few deep breathes to calm himself as a flash of Scarlet, laughing until she falls out of her chair dances across his mind.
Aasha
Aasha
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Aasha Sun Apr 26, 2009 8:45 pm

His reaction wasn't what she was hoping for. Donnor had said it was an honor to be asked to stand with someone, and he was asking if she had girly friends? Her? Girly friends? Well, she did, but she wasn't near as close to them as she was to Athorgate. She couldn't help but frown. Its 'posed to be the one I'm closest to. Yer the one what I'm closest to sides Donnor... Aasha sighed and lowered her lashes, swallowing hard.
Aasha
Aasha
Admin

Back to top Go down

Athorgate wrote:He looked around, so very similar to a deer looking at it's own demise racing towards him. The little girl had him cold. How could he say no to her after this long of a friendship, almost a family connection? He only sat there, eyes wide, jaw a little slack as he thought over what was requested of him.

Suddenly he blinks twice and looks sharply at her, "Do I has ta be wearin' some stupid dress or something?" he says with a slight sigh....
Aasha
Aasha
Admin

Back to top Go down

Time was crawling while she waited for an answer. So intent was she on what he would say, she missed the comings and goings within the tavern. When he finally spoke, his words were so unexpected that she couldn't help but blink and look stunned. What did him in a dress have to do with him being her maid of honour? Hell, she hated wearing dresses, why would she ask him to?

A dress? Only if'n yer wantin' to... Aasha frowns at the thought, the image of those girly kilty skirts some'o those other men wears what shows knobby knees firmly in her mind. There was no way she would want to see her brother in one, or would she?
Aasha
Aasha
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Aasha Sun Apr 26, 2009 8:57 pm

Athorgate wrote:Although it couldn't be possible, he does look a lot more shocked. Him?! Wanting to wear a dress? Was she mad? Wait, strike that, he knew she was borderline insane, that was a poor reference.

He looks at her incredulously, "Hellz no! I'll be wearin' me pants of course. Aasha, ya just had ta ask me that dinnea ya?"

He lowers his head into his hands and sighs.
Aasha
Aasha
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Aasha Sun Apr 26, 2009 8:58 pm

She wasn't totally encouraged by his answer, she didn't really expect he would want to wear a dress anyway, and still had no clue how it pertained to him being maid of honor. In case he'd forgottten, she stated the obvious. I dun likes wearin' dresses big bro why'd I be askin' ya to? An' ya'd be more my man of honour 'stead of maid....an' who else would I ask?
Aasha
Aasha
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Aasha Sun Apr 26, 2009 9:10 pm

Athorgate wrote:He shrugged a little, " I dunno, just asking me ta be standing up there with ya, sheesh!" He frowns as he thinks it over, he knew that there was no way he could say no to this request. He knew her story, knew where she was right now. With a resigned sigh he looks at her, his own eyes almost pleading with her, " Hows could I be sayin' no to ya ?"
Aasha
Aasha
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Aasha Sun Apr 26, 2009 9:11 pm

She had almost resigned herself to hear no, the deep sighs and the sight of his head in his hands did not bode well. She was wracking her brain, trying to think of anyone else she could possibly ask when he finally spoke again.

Searching his eyes closely, she asks; Sos yer gonna do it fer me? Unable to hide her excitement, she throws her arms around him, beaming as she hugs him tightly.
Aasha
Aasha
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Aasha Sun Apr 26, 2009 9:21 pm

Athorgate wrote:He hugged her back muttering lowly about how huge of a favor she was now in debt to him for, this was not a usual request for him, there was nothing ordinary about this night at all. He raises his voice, just enough so she would hear, "Aye, I'll do it fer ya."
Aasha
Aasha
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Aasha Sun Apr 26, 2009 9:22 pm

Aasha could hear Athorgate muttering about her owing him and raises her brows. Entirely too happy that he said yes, she curbed her impulse to call him on it. Why she was so thrilled with his answer that she didn't even point out he'd kept secrets from her that he still owed her for. Instead, she let the joy show in her words at his answer. Thank ya Athor, ya knows I willna ever ferget this.
Aasha
Aasha
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Aasha Sun Apr 26, 2009 9:31 pm

Athorgate wrote:He can't help but to chuckle at the excitement she showed at his response, and again when she promised to never forget this, "Aye, you and half of Ireland won't be forgetting that." He can only shake his head as he stood up.

Looking down at her he says low, "Don't ya be asking me to ever do something like dis again." as a smirk plays across his face.
Aasha
Aasha
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Aasha Sun Apr 26, 2009 9:32 pm

She was still hugging him as he stood. Aasha can't help but giggle at the idea of half of Ireland remembering him being her maid of honor as she loosens her arms. Lowering herself to the ground, she silently curses the fact that all the men in her life are so damn tall.

Looking back up once her feet are on solid ground, she shakes her head and smiles. That ain't a worry. I ain't never gettin' married 'gain sos I willna ever ask ya this 'gain. Thats a prom'se. If'n Donnor ever leaves me...I willna be wit' no other.
Aasha
Aasha
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Aasha Sun Apr 26, 2009 9:47 pm

Athorgate wrote:He looks down once more to the little girl he had taken as his sister and grinned insanely, "Aasha, I'm not sure another man would be able to with stand you to tell the truth." he quickly snickers, ruffles her hair and wraps an arm around her, leading her back towards the small gathering.

"But enough of that right now, let's have a drink or six and tell me about your trip to the ole emerald isle."
Aasha
Aasha
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down