Alternative RK
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Better Late than Never

Go down

Better Late than Never Empty Better Late than Never

Post  Aasha Mon Jun 21, 2010 5:26 pm

8 May 1458 Ayr, Scotland...this is Obli and Aayla's birthday party, though it started late.

Aasha wrote:Aasha had thought long and hard about birthdays and what they meant after Obli had surprised her for her own. She wanted to do something just as special for him but perhaps without the fanfare involved. To that end, she snuck out when he was still sleeping, intending on finding Eoghan and ask his help. She couldn't do it on her own, especially when she didn't even know Obli's birthdate. Luckily, Eoghan knew, and had no problems in helping her out. In fact, he even tried to teach her while gathering the items needed. Aasha knew there was a reason she liked the old man, not just because he and Obli were so close, but because he was easy to be around, even if he had put daft ideas in Aayla's head before.

Once the gift was complete, Aasha put it in her pack and waited for Obli and Aayla's birthday, glad her gift had been easier than his. She would have looked a fool asking anyone for help with that one. The day of their birth came and went, between the ship ride where Aasha tried to hide her unease on the water and Aayla disappearing to go pick up more NNGO, she had totally forgotten her plans.

Aasha didn't think of it again until Aayla returned to Scotland. She had decided to be one of the first to greet her, but apparently she wasn't the only one eager to see the woman again. Krezlar beat her there. Having the misfortune to witness him giving her a wrapped package made her think of the packages still in the pack on her back. - Good job girl, he goes all out to give you the best birthday ever, and you forget his. Maybe he will forgive you...maybe not. -

Trying to ignore the nagging voice in her head, Aasha started towards the pair before she realized she had left her pack in their room. This was uncharastic of Aasha, she always carried her pack. Mentally berating herself, she turned back towards town. She would grab the pack then seek Aayla and Obli out. Chances were by then they would be at a tavern catching up. A tavern was as good a place as any to apologize for not giving them their presents sooner...even late birthday gifts were better than none at all.
Aasha
Aasha
Admin

Back to top Go down

Better Late than Never Empty Re: Better Late than Never

Post  Aasha Mon Jun 21, 2010 5:30 pm

obli. wrote:Obli was kicking back at the local tavern. He'd heard the news that his sister, Aayla, had landed back in Scotland. They'd been separated for over a month - the longest period since they found out they were twin brother and sister. He'd missed her a lot while she was gone, but had tried hard to not show it. He wasn't sure how well he had done with this manner. He sat there, awaiting Aayla to disembark from the ship.

Aayla wrote:Aayla sighed with relief as she entered the tavern, the familiar scent of booze, wood chips and a night of merriment flooded her nose clearing it of all that fresh air she'd found herself with on the ship. A wry grin followed and only for the man tailing at her heels she did not stop dead in her tracks to enjoy it. Instead she moved into the room, and of course spied her brother kicked back and enjoying the joys of not floating like a wayward cork in the ocean. "OBLI!" she shouted with a grin, clearing the room and plopping her bag down on an empty chair. "Way t'great yer sister when she docks eh?" Planting both her hands on her hips she frowned down at her brother, though the familiar twinkle in her eyes made it clear she was far removed from anger, and merely just glad to be back. Glancing around her brows furrowed suddenly, concerned, "Where's Aasha?"

obli. wrote:Obli looked up at his sister, a sense of relief washed over him now that she was closer. Twins were like that apparently. He raised his hand and snapped his fingers. On cue, the bartender produced a bottle of ale in front of his sister. He grinned at his sister and was pleased to have a bartender with his salt. "Ye re'lly be needin' meh t'be crowdin' ye at t'e port? Whet ye 'sepctin' meh t'do, carry yer bags?" He teased. "'Tis goo' t' 'ave ye 'ome, Sissy. Meh nay be likin' t'be far frem ye. Nay one bit." He stood and gave his sister a hug. "Nay leavin' wit ou' meh 'gain - a'righ?" He looked squarely into her eyes, the adoration that only a twin could have clearly readable. "'Ave a seat Sissy, meh be wan'in' t' 'ear all 'bout yer trip - Aash should nay be t'far." He readied himself to listen eagerly.

Krezlar wrote:Krez walked in behind Aayla. Walking over to the table slowly allowing her and her brother to say hello. He stopped by the bar and ordered 4 rounds for the table, not seeing Aasha he made sure that they filled a glass for her as well.

Krez walked over to te table noded to Obli hello sir! Krez carefully set the platter of drinks down on the table. Mind if I sit with you?

Aasha wrote:This was not her day. First forgetting her pack, then being stopped by a couple of thugs on her way to the tavern. Surely Scotsmen wouldn't be so foolish as to stop her...but apparently they were. Aasha was sure they were regretting it now, neither had gotten a dime from her, one had run away when she'd calmly stabbed the other in the gut. They might have been able to overpower her had they worked together. It was a good thing they were so busy arguing with each other to think of that. That seemed to be the theme in this place, Aasha was truly missing Ireland.

She wiped her dagger on her pants and sheathed the blade as she walked into the tavern. The dim light, clink of mugs and low murmur of voices soothing the girl. The only thing that could make it better...there they were, Obli and Aayla already at a table. She'd come to the right place. And who? Great, a witness to her belated gift giving, Aayla's shadow was at the table too. Bout time ya gots bac' 'ere Aayla; she said as she approached. How was yer trip? Damn winds rockin' the ship the whole trip 'gain?

Krezlar wrote:Krez had almost sat down whene he noticed Aasha walk in. Nudging Aayla he said Hello Aasha! Krez nodded to the plate of whiskey on the table. Have a drink, their on me for a while! Krez picked up a mug and smiled Raising his glass he said welcome back Aayla!
Krezlar wrote:Krez had almost sat down whene he noticed Aasha walk in. Nudging Aayla he said Hello Aasha! Krez nodded to the plate of whiskey on the table. Have a drink, their on me for a while! Krez picked up a mug and smiled Raising his glass he said welcome back Aayla!

obli. wrote:"Aye, sit sit!" Obli motioned Krezlar over to the table. "Ken ye b'lieve t'is one!?" He motioned towards his sister. "She be wantin' meh, t'carry 'er bags!" He scoffed teasingly.

Obli stopped talking abruptly and his eyes lit up as he saw Aasha walk into the room. He stared at her captivated. He lifted a bottle of his homemade brandy from beside his chair. He pushed his chair back, offering her plenty of room for her rightful spot, on his lap. "Heyoo darlin'!" He said enthusiastically.

Aasha wrote:Aasha grinned, knowing full well where Obli expected her to sit. Should she though? Or should she sit on a chair, just to give him a hard time? Hmm...such a difficult decision... Her eyes full of mischief, Aasha pulled the chair beside him out, stepping in front of it while facing Obli. I sees ya beat me to welcomin' yer sist'r backs. Tween ya an' Kretz'l, she be gettin' quite a hom'comin'...ev'n if'n this ain't home.

The girl looked from the bottle of brandy to the whiskey Krezlar offered. This was one she didn't have to think about, Aasha grabbed the bottle of brandy, popping the top quickly and taking a deep drink, letting the smooth liquor flow down her throat. She still hadn't sat down, it was much more fun to make Obli wonder if she'd accept his tempting invitation to his lap or sit in the chair. Maybe she'd just stand for a while and see if it spurred him into doing anything. Besides, she was here bearing gifts, late gifts...the pack practically burning a hole in her back, mocking her memory, or lack thereof.

Aayla wrote:Aayla grinned at the small group and chuckled softly, the playful banter something she'd missed in her time away. "Ya I'm glad t'be back, though I 'ate t'admit that I was kinda getting used ta the ship." Taking up the offered drink she let the liquor burn down her throat before grinning at the lot of them. To be sure this was much out of her usual sullen nature, sitting about without complaint grinning like a fool. "eh... well I may nae have a 'home' ere Aash but 'ome t'me is er'where ye and Obli is... so this be as good as any ole place!"

obli. wrote:Obli looked at his sister, shaking his head. "Ye bes' nay be gettin' sea legs, meh dun like ye be gone like t'at." He teased and raised his glass to his sister. "T' 'avin' ye 'ome Sissy! Mayb we all kill many, t'get'er." He smiled broadly and took a drink.

Aasha wrote:Us'd to a ship? Aasha's eyes went round as saucers, the whole idea of being comfortable on anything that was floating on water was just that alien to her. She bluffed it out, and spent lots of time in the cabin with Obli pretending she wasn't on the water, but there was no way she would ever get used to the damn things.

Letting that comment pass, she grinned at the next. It did feel like home with them here, wherever family was could be made into a second home almost as good...well, maybe not quite. She missed the peace of the woods. That didn't mean she wasn't going to have fun procuring a few pieces for her and Obli's home back in Chaoi...the thought of that made her grin widen. Aye, long as ya ain't plannin' on sharin' the bed wit' me an Obli. Barely room fer us inna damn thing, ya ain't gonna be fittin' too. Aasha laughed, then took another swig from the brandy. Almost forgetting her plan, the back of her knees pressed against Obli's thighs as she began to sit, then abruptly straightened when she remembered. We's glad ya made it backs a'rights, an' nae green this time.

Krezlar wrote:Krez sat back and looked around. Even though he had made a ass of himself upon their first meeting, he felt closer to these people than he had to any one in a very long time. Sitting in Scotland with people that he trusted. It had been a long time since Krez had felt kinship to anyone besides his family, he missed his brothers long gone and the clan that he had not seen in a long while!

Krez leaned forward at the table and sat holding his drink in his hand. If I may speak for a moment. He looks at Aayla, I know when we first met I caused an undue situation between all of us, I wish to say I am sorry out in the open amonst everyone! He lowers his head a second and takes a deep breathe. I know you guys are family and that is a good thing you have each other to look after one another, I have lost my family many a years ago and have not had any one to call friend yet alone family since. Krez takes a drink from his glass and continues, Sitting here with you all makes me wish for my brothers, I am beginning to see you all as such, friends! That be something that I take seriously! Krez looked at all three, one at a time, first Aasha, then Obli and then letting his gaze fall on to Aayla, never holding his gaze long so that he was not disrespectful, Anytime, anywhere I will be there for you all

Krez sighed grabbed another glass and chugged it! He awaited, well he did not know, but he would soon find out!

Aasha wrote:Ughh, Aasha couldn't believe that Krezlar was giving a speech. And getting downright emotional with the speaking. It wasn't something Aasha was comfortable with at all, other than her feelings for Obli, which she was less and less able to hide, and her obvious kinship with Aayla, she seldom let any emotions show. It was a weakness that had been beaten out of her long ago, one that she was safer hiding.

Her introspection ended when Krezlar stopped talking to drink. The girl took another swig of the brandy, then plunked her pack onto the center of the table. Looking from Aayla to Obli, her face turned bright red. Umm...guessin' it be my turn to be sayin' som'thin'. I ain't too used to havin' fr'ends wha' cares 'bout me. She met Aayla's eyes, then continued; B'tween the boat ride 'ere, an' ya goin' backs fer more folk, I fergots ya'lls birthd'y an' didna means to. When I saw ya gettin' off'n the ship an' Kretz'l givin' ya som'thin', i' made me r'memb'r. I'm sorry I didna 'fore now...bu' I did gets ya'll som'thin' fer it. I wanted to makes it as spec'al fer ya'll as ya did fer me...I jus' ain't good a' parties, an' dun likes tha' many pe'ples 'round, if'n truth be tole.

Aasha's color was still heightened as she dug into her pack, pulling out a package that was sloppily wrapped in a skein of bright magenta material. Sliding it across the table to Aayla, she mumbled; gots this fer ya...hopes ya likes i'. I didna makes i' mys'lf, ken nae sew mor'n a sail an' i' come ou' rights...

Aayla wrote:There was a moment of stunned silence as Krezlar started his speech, so it took a moment to regain the ability to speak when Aasha began and ended by pushing a gift at her. Now... Aayla adored her dearest friend, and she knew that there was not in fact a viper in those wrappings, but after the bad joke she had played on Aasha at her birthday...

Aayla scooped up the package, bringing it to her ear and shaking it, the look of worry on her face unable to hide. "Ye dinna have t'get me nuthin ye know..." the hesitation clear in her voice. She peeled the magenta fabric back, biting her bottom lip as she expected something horrible contained within.

Surprise, and a pleasant one! The covering revealed a beautiful green leather and she squealed with happiness. "OH Aash, it'd beautiful! An... Perfect!" holding it up to her torso she beamed. Forgetting that Aasha hated hugs, she stood and moved over to give her friend a hug. "Thank ye!"
Aasha
Aasha
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Aasha Mon Jun 21, 2010 5:32 pm

Krezlar wrote:Having said what he had wanted to say, Krez sat back and polished off another glass og whiskey, he watched Aasha slide a package to Aayla. Watching Aayla open the gift Krez saw that Aayla was starting to smile. Rarely did he see that, he took another drink to hide his grin. Aayla finished opening it, got up and gave Aasha a hug. Krez joked a bit at that, Aasha did not like hugs that much.

So Aayla what did she get you? Krez sat with a drink in his hand wondering what the green leather was.

Aasha wrote:Aasha began to smirk when Aayla picked up the package. It reminded her of her own birthday exactly. Turn about was fair play after all, and hadn't Aayla done the same to her with that horrid pink material around her gift? Although...Aayla did something Aasha hadn't thought to do. She shook the package near her ear. Oh my, what wonderful ideas that gave her for the next gift she was going to buy her friend. A look if mischief on her face, Aasha waited for Aayla to open the package.

I knows I didna have ta. Ya'll didna have ta gets me nothin' fer mine neith'r. Bu' I wanted to. I ain't had a birthd'y likes wha' ya'll did fer me 'fore, an' I was hopin' to do the same fer ya'll. I jus' ain't so good a' it as ya'll is.
Aasha knew it was the worry talking, once Aayla saw the gift she would appreciate it. At least she hoped so. Her hope was well placed, the squeal coming from Aayla did not signify horror.

A broad smile lit Aasha's face as she stammered; I'm glad ya likes it... right as the other woman came over and hugged her. Aasha stiffened, then felt an odd emotion clog up the back of her throat as she awkwardly accepted the embrace. She even sort of patted her back while mumbling; ...yer rights welc'me Aayla.

Krezlar wrote:Krezlar watched as Aayla walked aruond the table and hugged Aasha. He could see Aasha stiffen and to his surprise returned the embrace briefly. Krezlar starts to drink another drink, Happy Birthday to the both of you Obli and Aayla! He sits back in the chair leaning back on 2 legs.....

Aasha wrote:Aasha let out the breath she didn't realize she was holding when the hug ended. Glancing from Obli to the still open pack, her face flushed. She had known Aayla would like hers, but Obli's...well, she was hoping he would, that didn't mean her hopes would be realized. Hope, such an odd thing. Something she'd gone years holding tightly onto, while not expecting a thing. Now, something she was almost afraid to feel, scared that she would be left crushed in its wake.

Feeling nervous, Aasha unconsciously sat on the stool behind her as she began digging in her bag, her eyes lifting to Obli's while she sifted through the contents. Finally getting her hands fully around it, Aasha pulled out another pack, very similar to hers, only now that this one was out of hers, it was noticeably fuller. The girl's face went crimson when she pushed it towards Obli. This'n is fer ya. I hopes ya likes i'...Ego'n fig'red ya w'uld when I talked to 'im 'bout it. I knows this be lates, bu' I'm hopin' ya bot' will ferg've me fer tha'. Happy birthd'y Obli. [/b]She met his eyes, then immediately dropped them concentrating instead on the open bottle of spirits in front of her.

Krezlar wrote:Krez sat watching the family, and drinking when it hit him. He needed to go check his scripts, he had not heard from Lu in a week now. Looking to Obli and then over to Aayla, [b]I am Sorry I must go and pick up my missives. I shall return shortly! Krez stood and bowed to the trio, Again Happy Birthday Obli and Aayla! Looking to Aasha A good day to you! Krezlar turns around and heads out the tavern walking to the place where he picked up his missives.
Aasha
Aasha
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum