Alternative RK
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[RP] Diplomacy on behalf of Worcester

Go down

[RP] Diplomacy on behalf of Worcester Empty [RP] Diplomacy on behalf of Worcester

Post  arthur_loxley Mon Mar 01, 2010 12:30 pm

Arthur_loxley wrote:He walked towards the castle for an audience with the Duchess. He had important news that he thought it best to share about the relationship between their county (Stafford) and their neighbor (Worcester). He waited in the lobby of the castle, waiting for Duchess Rain to be able to speak with him.
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

[RP] Diplomacy on behalf of Worcester Empty Re: [RP] Diplomacy on behalf of Worcester

Post  arthur_loxley Mon Mar 01, 2010 12:30 pm

Rainchaser77 wrote:Rain looks up from the pile of paperwork in front of her at the sound of a soft throat-clearing. When the secretary is sure he has her attention he informs her that Arthur is waiting to see her. "Thank you very much." After a moment's thought, she decides against having Arthur sent in, opting to stretch her legs instead. She makes her way out to the lobby, curious about what could separate Arthur from his new ship and well-earned vacation.

"Hello. How are you doing, Arthur? And Lynna? Looking forward to sailing away?"
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

[RP] Diplomacy on behalf of Worcester Empty Re: [RP] Diplomacy on behalf of Worcester

Post  arthur_loxley Mon Mar 01, 2010 1:48 pm

Arthur_loxley wrote:Arthur stood as he saw the Duchess approach him in the lobby of the castle. Greetings, Duchess. Lynna and I are both well. We are preparing for our voyage to the Kalmar Union and all the matters pertaining to sailing away into the sunset. She is especially excited about having my undivided attention for weeks at sea. A grin crept across his lips for a moment, then his serious nature took form again. I come bearing good news about the events surrounding our strained relations with Worcester. As you know, the Duke is a friend of mine from long ago who I greatly respect. I contacted him to communicate about the tensions between our counties and my disappointment on the deterioration of our friendship.

He seemed open and willing to discuss the de-militarization of Worcester's sanctioned army commanded by Evilwolfman and assured me that it would be disbanded within the week. He also informed me that Worcester will have a Worcester Guard army organized in the same fashion that we maintain our Stafford Guard permanent army.

He looked down to a copy of the treaty that the council was discussing in open chambers, and took out an altered copy that he had been working on. I have worked on this treaty somewhat, and would like to present it to Duke Dranoel and Worcester, if and only if, our own council approves of it first. I think we could even begin military cooperation with Worcester (and their WG army) just as we have with Chester in the near future. A broad smile adorned his lips, proud of having relieved tensions between Worcester and Stafford. He handed the Duchess a copy of the treaty he had made small verbiage and formatting changes to.

Mutual Defense and Co-operation Treaty

Let it be known by this document that the signatory Counties hereby mutually declare a bond of friendship and mutual respect. By the signature of this treaty, each County undertakes to comply with all the provisions here below, and shall maintain their good relationship.

I. Capacity
This treaty is executed by the Count(ess) in the name of their County.

II. Mutual Recognition
The members of this treaty hereby solemnly recognize each other, and express the deep wish to build a longstanding friendship between their citizens.
Each signatory member pledge to use its best endeavors to protect the territorial and institutional integrity of other signatory members.
Each signatory member shall refrain from supporting any illegal revolution, uprising, or secession in other signatory territories.

III. Political Harmony
Upon the request of one signatory member, the appointed leadership and/or their representatives of the counties will meet in order to discuss their policies, that of their neighbors, and any subject placed on the meeting’s agenda by any one of them.

IV. Military
1. Troop Movement
- No member county shall send soldiers into another signatory member's territory without notification and obtaining approval in advance.
- Troops and aid to assailed signatory members shall have free passage through other signatory member's territory.
- Signatory members shall close their borders to hostile reinforcements where deemed necessary through joint planning.

2. Non Aggression
Each signatory member guarantee not to engage into any offensive action against any other signatory member, whether directly or indirectly, by funding or helping in any way a third party.

3. Defensive wars
In case of a defensive war where one signatory member is under threat to be physically attacked by hostiles without physical provocation, the other signatory members shall treat physical attacks and declarations of war as an act of war against their own county. They will:
- Send goods and arms to assist as agreed upon in joint planning.
- Send troops to assist as determined by joint military planning.
- Share intelligence with other signatory members

4. Offensive wars
If a signatory member launches an offensive war against another county, signatory members of this treaty will not be required to assist in the war.

5. Legal status of the armies
The soldiers sent from one signatory member to aid another are given protection from prosecution for any action taken based on an official direct order delivered by the county in which they are stationed.

V. Equitable Sovereignty
This Entente supersedes any existing defense or alliance treaties that the members of this treaty have with each other.

1. Duration
It is agreed that the present treaty shall bind the signatory members for an unlimited time span. However each signatory member shall be entitled to terminate this treaty in the following case:

A newly elected council, within 1 week of selection of a new Count(ess) and during peacetime only, may choose to withdraw from the Mutual Defense treaty by written public declaration bearing the county seal, to be effective on 3rd day after declaration intent to withdraw.

2. Enforceability
This treaty is recognized as a valid law in all signatory member territories.

3. Termination
It is agreed that breach of this treaty may result in termination of the treaty with other signatory members. A written notice to the breaching signatory member, including a summary statement explaining the breach and intent to cancel, must be sent prior to termination.

It is agreed that cancellation, refusal, or withdrawal of support during times of war will be considered a hostile act of war by signatory members. In case a signatory member willfully breaches this treaty, other signatory members agree to the following course of action (some, all, or none):
a. Cancel economic trades or impose trade sanctions.
b. Cancel judicial treaty.
c. Declaration of war.

Declared on <date>,

County of _______,
Count(ess) _____________
{seal}

County of _______,
Count(ess) _____________
{seal}

County of _______,
Count(ess) _____________
{seal}

County of _______,
Count(ess) _____________
{seal}
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Post  arthur_loxley Tue Mar 02, 2010 8:44 am

Gabrielle_ wrote:Gabby walks in with her usual flair and panache and casually observes,
Then maybe it is time to tell Worcester to have the WoS army disband... or we will go and do it for them.
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Post  arthur_loxley Tue Mar 02, 2010 8:45 am

Arthur_loxley wrote:He hadn't noticed Gabrielle until she spoke. Worcester is seeking to disband it's army commanded by Evilwolfman as soon as a letter of friendship is declared publicly by our Duchess. It is Worcester's hope that the declaration can be completed today for a quick disbandment of their forces. There are a lot of heated words and instigating occurring from both sides, and Duke Dranoel is not easily swayed into believing rumors and falsities as some are...
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Post  arthur_loxley Wed Mar 03, 2010 12:16 pm

Gabrielle_ wrote:Wrinkling her nose and with with a half-smirk she answers, as her hands absent-mindedly arrange the fall of her skirts,
I was just saying... should they not.
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Post  arthur_loxley Wed Mar 03, 2010 12:16 pm

Rainchaser77 wrote:A smile crosses her face. It would be so exciting to go overseas. The general seriousness in Arthur's demeanor concerns her for a moment, but soon the smile returns as she glances at the MDE. She reads while Gabrielle and Arthur talk, then nods her head. "This is good, Arthur. Now is the time for building. Yes, Princess, should they not disband as they say we will be forced to take steps, however littering our counties with dead and injured soldiers only weakens us against other threats. I don't expect the kind of cooperation with Worcester that we've had with Chester, but some cooperation will be better than none.

"This incident has locked trade vessels in our harbor because we lack the manpower to deal with both. Nor can we afford the resources drain of having to fight against a constant hostile force across that imaginary line on the map that is our southern border. In the end, no matter how annoying certain individuals have been, we have to do what is best for Stafford."
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Post  arthur_loxley Wed Mar 03, 2010 12:17 pm

Arthur_loxley wrote:He listened while the Duchess spoke, then nodded to acknowledge. Worcester would like to meet in London to sign a mutual defense treaty. Shall I inform them that Stafford will be there?
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Post  arthur_loxley Wed Mar 03, 2010 12:17 pm

Gabrielle_ wrote:Gabby wrinkled her nose... and her eyes narrowed. She was not liking how things were progressing, but they were progressing. So many things weighed in the balance and she was mildly happy at the fact it wasn't her decision to make.
Softly, she nodded her head and said, Aye... Your Grace, I submit the recommendation that we meet to discuss this. But I feel we must deal with them from a position of strength.. not bullying, but calm assurance in our abilities to deal with this either way, peaceably or not.
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Post  arthur_loxley Fri Mar 05, 2010 9:50 am

Rainchaser77 wrote:Rain smiles slightly at the obvious displeasure on Gabrielle's face. Truth be known, there were a few heads she'd like to see roll herself so she could certainly understand it, but there was too much at stake. "We have been working long and hard in order to bring some strength in unity to at least some of England's counties. There are people who will do everything they can to work against this, and I will not have it. To allow ourselves to be weakened to threats by being at constant war with our neighbors is playing into the Wolves' hands. I am not averse to making a preemptive strike when we are threatened, but if they are willing to disband without it, then let them.

"Arthur, we will not sign the MDE with Worcester separately. To do so would be a slap in the face to Lord Helius and Sir Orannis and even Duke Emmerscab who, after all, asked to be included. These people put a lot of work into that treaty, and Chester has supported us in personnel and supplies in the current threat to our security. We will not bypass them. We can begin with Worcester where we began with Chester and Lancaster--with a friendship and cooperation treaty."
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Post  arthur_loxley Fri Mar 05, 2010 9:50 am

Arthur_loxley wrote:He nodded understanding her point of view. It was my error. Worcester will be waiting in London, on Saturday, to sign a friendship cooperation treaty. They are almost finished with the poll to approve the mutual defense treaty presented in the Midlands conference. He looked down to see when disbandment of the army would occur. On Saturday, disbandment of the army led by Evilwolfman should also begin. He was going to bid the Duchess goodbye, when he remembered something. Oh! Will the mutual defense treaty also be signed publicly? Should I send Worcester news to be ready to meet in London when Chester and Lancaster have also approved of the pact?
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum