Alternative RK
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[RP] anyone else finding this to be truth

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

[RP] anyone else finding this to be truth - Page 2 Empty Re: [RP] anyone else finding this to be truth

Post  arthur_loxley Fri Feb 12, 2010 12:32 pm

Elmix wrote:
TheRedChef wrote:Hey Elmix, if you're gonna make stuff up, you should at least try and make it realistic instead of spewing delusional and paranoid ravings about Stafford.

Thanks for coming forward with Cumberland's plans to invade Stafford after we objected to you murdering our citizens. I can't believe we wasted supplies and manpower on you vipers.

{Anteater} wrote:
Anteater thinks that there is no possibility to include this rule in role play. As far as Anteater knows there is no IG law anywhere about not being allowed to show your letters to others.

????????

Did i smell a dead wolf? Laughing

This all have happened around the timeline after Donnor's death. I can say he really did deserved that. (so before the 3 great dukes of Stafford who all made Stafford big, strong and a lot better place)

It your free choice to believe that or not as of everyone here. As every ones free choice to read and discuss.
As lot of yours have said a lot times, the ppl have right to know.
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

[RP] anyone else finding this to be truth - Page 2 Empty Re: [RP] anyone else finding this to be truth

Lorddragon wrote:
TheRedChef wrote:Hey Elmix, if you're gonna make stuff up, you should at least try and make it realistic instead of spewing delusional and paranoid ravings about Stafford.

Thanks for coming forward with Cumberland's plans to invade Stafford after we objected to you murdering our citizens. I can't believe we wasted supplies and manpower on you vipers.

{Anteater} wrote:
Anteater thinks that there is no possibility to include this rule in role play. As far as Anteater knows there is no IG law anywhere about not being allowed to show your letters to others.

????????

As per the first part. TheRedChef, you mean to say that based on the evidence presented as per the time line, that at the time Stafford sent a, i guess letter of intent or message of some kind, that they were threatening Cumberland with war? Cumberland raises an army as a precautionary measure, just in case.

After looking at that, you are saying that Cumberland was going to invade Stafford?

Oh that is rich... Does anyone else come to the same logical conclusion? I fear i missed the train somewhere...
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

TheRedChef wrote:Stafford never threatened Cumberland with anything. We sent a diplomatic envoy to resolve the issue of their murder of one of our citizens.

Somehow, Elmix, using the same super elite KoP intelligence skills that decided that killing Cumberland Councilors was a perfect way to protect England, came to the conclusion Stafford was going to send an attack Cumberland.

In his post, he goes into great detail about the preparations he was taking to invade Stafford and capture our castle, and that he was only awaiting an order from the Duke. I'm not the one saying it. ELMIX is the one saying that Cumberland was poised to invade Stafford.

I have no doubt in my mind that he's telling the truth about his invasion plans. While I have a very low opinion of him, only a special kind of imbecile would make that up and trumpet it around the forums.

As for Stafford planning to invade Cumberland. Well, that's the worst kind of libal I've seen thrown around in RK. Such a notion is risible in the extreme. I'll leave it to the people to decide whether Elmix is a wretched liar intent on inciting civil war, or merely a credulous dupe prone to running wild with paranoid flights of fancy.
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Rainchaser77 wrote:It had been whispered in all the places she spent time, "Elmix is slandering you again." Fortunately, she was in London and able to swing by the latest rant without to much inconvenience. With a sigh she follows the crowds after making one stop. "My Lord Elmix, this has got to stop. Your obsession with bringing my name into everything is unhealthy and distracts us all from much more important things. I did indeed send a letter to the then-Duchess of Cumberland." She pulls a sheet of paper from her bag and holds it out in front of her. "Actually, it was addressed to the entire Cumberland council from the entire Stafford council and penned by one of those three leaders of Stafford you have labelled "competent." Ok, if you're all ready, this is my "threat."

Momentarily covering her mouth with one hand, she clears her throat then begins to speak, reading the letter aloud.
[rp]Honoured Members of the County Council of Cumberland,

Ladies and Gentlemen,
It has come to our county the fact that the council of Cumberland has voted to deny due recompense to one of our citizens, Donnor, for the injuries received from the run in with the army lead by Gregarious in Cumberland's and England's defense of the border.

This decision dismays us and makes us question the reasoning. Precedent has been set in due recompense being given in two other instances in Cumberland, once in the case of the girl that was severely injured when Launcelot's party was attacked and again in the case of Heeyoudong.
The amount of compensation asked is not large for a county, and can be given in a mixture of gold and items.
If done all in gold, the total asked for is a mere 700p.
If given as compensation in goods,
8 meat
16 vegetables
12 bottles of milk
1 shield
1 sword

We ask that Cumberland honour itself by upholding the precedent that has been set and give the due compensation that Donnor deserves for the injuries received.

With Grace and Hope,
The County Council of Staffordshire
and the Citizens of Stafford[/rp]

She holds the page out to Elmix or whomever else might want to take it. "There you have it. My big "threat" to Cumberland. I sent that to the Cumberland council, care of Princess Brianna Tudor. After five days of receiving no response whatsoever, I read the same letter before the House of Parliament so that no one could say it was not received. Do you know what I was told, Lord Elmix?" She gives a lopsided half-smile. "I was told by Lord Lucas that the reading in HoP was the first he'd heard of the letter I'd sent. It wasn't until some time after the discussion began in HoP that I learned I'd tried to blackmail Cumberland's council. Prior to that, I had no idea, and I have yet to see this letter of blackmail I supposedly wrote."

Smiling in earnest now, she folds her hands at her waist. "Perhaps that is because the reality is that I was spending most of my nights writing letters to my convalescing ex-husband begging for just a little more time for Cumberland to do the right thing before the Wolves brought down their retribution--which they never did. You see, Elmix--you're right about one thing. I did not do what I should have done. I should have taken a much firmer stance. A competent Duchess would have. In my innocence, I believed that Cumberland would do what was right. I was wrong about that.

"Really though, I never once issued a threat to Cumberland. Not from Stafford, though given the climate at the time I might easily have garnered support for it from among Stafford's citizenry. Not from the Wolves of Sherwood, which I had no right or power to issue to begin with.

"All that said...none of this has anything to do with initial diplomatic contacts between Stafford and Cumberland--that was long before Donnor's injury. It has nothing to do with the new council's willingness to work with the other counties, which I think is a wonderful thing. I applaud Lord Arthur and Lady Beemo for working toward some sort of an accord, and all this bickering only cheapens their work. I look forward to some sort of positve outcome so perhaps we can begin to move forward instead of rehashing history."
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Lorddragon wrote:Ok let's look at some details here...

An army can only move 20 miles a day.
There are 2 counties between Cumberland and Stafford.
It's 7 days hard travel from nearest Cumberland town to Stafford City.
You can raise an army in 4 days.

I think someone would have noticed and sent word down to Stafford. Being prepared with a clear idea for a potentially hazardous situation, is not always a bad thing.

I applaud Elmix for his honesty. To make a clear, honest and direct plan to deal with something of that nature is to be commended. If the action was followed through with nothing but words of threats to go on, then it would be a disaster.

I am glad cooler heads prevailed, but strong plans and actions can mean the difference between a victory and a smoking ruins.
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Post  arthur_loxley Fri Feb 12, 2010 12:34 pm

Elmix wrote:Lady Rain, i never mentioned your name here.

There's a good old saying "a dog knows what it has eaten" (Rain is a lady of course)
I think we all here can agree that the duke or duchess have the absolute authority of the county and he is the head of the county militia. I have always thought that the duke speaks for his county.

If such orders were given to a commander of army, i think there was a quite good reason for that. Cannot say i was not following the orders.
I think the army commander not everyday receives such orders from the count. (obviously there was something more behind this)

Lady Rain, thank you for your explanation to me and to the good ppl of England.

Oh, i think i failed to reply to TheRedChef's previous comment. You have meant "US" in your previous reply. Were you talking about all good ppl of Stafford and 3 great dukes who have done all they could to make Stafford great? Or..."US" who that time were....looting the Glouchester's tresaury?

Well, you be careful by travelling, you know that "unfortuante accidents" happen, especially with wolves Wink

"All that said...none of this has anything to do with initial diplomatic contacts between Stafford and Cumberland--that was long before Donnor's injury. It has nothing to do with the new council's willingness to work with the other counties, which I think is a wonderful thing. I applaud Lord Arthur and Lady Beemo for working toward some sort of an accord, and all this bickering only cheapens their work. I look forward to some sort of positve outcome so perhaps we can begin to move forward instead of rehashing history."

Lady Rain, i think this is something we both can agree on for a change.
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Faradorn wrote:Running into swords. Tee hee. Tis a funny world.
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

degas wrote:From what I observed from the pompous windbags that populate the Stafford council is that they have no tolerance for any opinions but their own. They tried to bully Cumberland in to compensating a piece of dirt like Donnor, who has proved himself to be nothing but a murderer and a scoundrel. God forbid you accept help from them at all they will beat it over your head like a hammer. Each one ius practiced in the art of sophistry and will twist the words that any speak against them. They meddle in military affairs but not one of them has any sense of tactics, strategy or anything remotely having to do with how an army runs or a military chain of command. They should stick to playing with their little tin soldiers. They would rather consort with criminals than work with law abiding citizens. Loxley as Captain proved to be highly incompetent when he allowed the WoS to take one of their towns ignoring repeated warnings. Nothing more than a group of power hungry, pompous fools who leave little room for the rest of the citizens of Stafford due to their huge bloated egos. To bad Sussex left England they have at least some intelligent leaders. England would be better of without Stafford as they always seem to have at least a couple of criminals on their council.
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Penelope_rose wrote:Penelope stayed in the background after the Countess of Cumberland put her in her place about meddling in others affairs. She watched with dismay as more men justified their positions, some more emphatically than others.

Yet it wasn't until a man she had never seen before opened his mouth that Penelope felt a physical blow. The verbal assault was more than anything she had ever heard before and shocked, she looked around to see if anyone else was as dumbfounded at what the man had done as she.

Finding her equilibrium, Penelope walked to the edge of the crowd. "Sir," she looked at him, the quality of his clothing not that of a noble, therefore released of her manners to curtsy before him, "that was quite rude and unnecessary. I've said it before, and I shall say it again. My mama told me to challenge another without compassion will only result in more chest poundings. Without compassion you only become weak, sir. Your chest can only take so much."

Standing on her tiptoes, Penelope looked around for the Duke of Stafford. She hoped that he would ignore the rantings of this man so another round of chest poundings wouldn't take place.

Penelope wished Juliyn was with her. He was so much better at communicating with people than she. Who would listen to a young woman whose heart was full of silly notions anyway?
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Gabrielle_ wrote:Gabby, who had been sitting quiet since her one statement revealing what she said after being asked about Chester's new laws, listened to this man of the Degas family speak.
Calmly she walked up to him and looking up at his face, since she was naught but all of 5 ft 4 inches tall, with absolutely no expression save her eyes wetted with tears, though they didn't run down her cheeks.

Unsure if she just wanted to slap him or knee him in the groin, she thought better of either and simply walked away. Words she would not waste on the man, physical action too would not be very lady-like either.

Passing Penelope, she whispered, You think a Princess of England would have a more couth courtesan, no? She giggles softly and continued on her way.
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Faradorn wrote:Revenent, Cumberland is a relatively new county in England in comparison to some of the others, Bullying is part and parcel of that, didn't you know?
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Penelope_rose wrote:Hearing the man respond to the other, Penelope stomps her foot.
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Post  arthur_loxley Fri Feb 12, 2010 12:35 pm

Lorddragon wrote:
Faradorn wrote:Running into swords. Tee hee. Tis a funny world.

Dragon is wide eyed....

"When does that happen.... again? It was funny the first few times" Razz
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Tasite wrote:Dear Penelope it going to take more that us stomping our feet for them to listen. I'm thinking more like clubs... it seem all they understand is brute force.
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Gabrielle_ wrote:Gabby smiles and lifts her cane up a little and shakes it while laughing.
This is more than for just walking with my bad leg.
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Penelope_rose wrote:Penelope can't help but giggle at what the lady stated.

"Can we collectively stomp them? Maybe that would work!"
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

degas wrote:
Gabby, who had been sitting quiet since her one statement revealing what she said after being asked about Chester's new laws, listened to this man of the Degas family speak.
Calmly she walked up to him and looking up at his face, since she was naught but all of 5 ft 4 inches tall, with absolutely no expression save her eyes wetted with tears, though they didn't run down her cheeks.

Unsure if she just wanted to slap him or knee him in the groin, she thought better of either and simply walked away. Words she would not waste on the man, physical action too would not be very lady-like either.

Passing Penelope, she whispered, You think a Princess of England would have a more couth courtesan, no? She giggles softly and continued on her way.

People stopped listening to your foolish rantings for the most part Gabrielle a long time ago. You failed miserably in your bid for egent being that you are nothing more than a grandstanding, power hungry traitor, who from what certain Scots told me passes on info to the enemies of England. you failed miserarbly as ambassador to Scotland as well, so why don;t you take the fake limp of yours and leave England. and take Stafford with you. The exact reason I find you repugnant is that you play people against each other and you are nothing more than a hypocrite. Your type makes me sick to my stomach.
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Teh_uberness wrote:Thane scowls at the man, fingering the hilt of his sword. "I apologize in advance to the good ladies present for my continuing chest beating; but you sir..You overstep what is acceptable. I strongly suggest you hold your tongue before someone decided to do it for you."
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Penelope_rose wrote:Penelope nodded to the man finding him well within his rights to speak. Approaching him she curtsied before leaning towards him to whisper, "Do you suppose he is maddened by syphilis? He does appear to have the mad rantings associated with that particular disease."
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Post  arthur_loxley Fri Feb 12, 2010 12:36 pm

Faradorn wrote:Faradorn thinks long and hard, whilst looking around at what England has become. He thinks it out in his head:

"So this is what happens when the pretenders come out to play and influence the land. Childish bullying, drama and power games being played out by those attempting to satisfy their ego. If someone challenges that ego, they are destroyed and associated with 'the other side', whether that makes you a Wolf, Cumbrian, or a Chesterian."

He smirks. "Yes, up in the north we all worship the dark lord."

OOC: Yup. Sorry, you can't hear that one. A bit of narrative doesn't hurt. But seriously, look at the mess. This is ridiculous and probably what you could expect on a playground. Can't we be doing something a bit better in the London commons? Stupid question I know. I was under the impression is it was the place to voice your opinions, whoever you are, and have a bit of discussion.

On a side note, does anyone else see the factionism I mentioned earlier? Just like at school. Wink
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Viceroy wrote:Viceroy wonders if a bell will ring soon.
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Arthur_loxley wrote:
Viceroy wrote:Viceroy wonders if a bell will ring soon.

Stafford will no longer continue to address these personal issues in the HoP. Wink
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Gabrielle_ wrote:Gabby takes the head of her cane and jams it hard into the gut of the man called Angel.
How dare you! You scum-swilling oaf born of a feral swine.

Her anger at him raised to the boiling point, the normally reserved lady's temper broke and she began swinging the cane. Each blow aimed at the man's head and shoulders.
How dare you call me a traitor! How dare you say I tell of military matters to the Scots. LIES LIES!! You stinking host of imbelcilic flesh! Be damned you to hell! I should have been the one responsible for your brother's death... at least I would have gotten some satisfaction from that.

Breathing hard after the burst of activity of a least a score of blows swung while hollering loudly, Gabby leans on her cane and says,
You hate me so bad... think I am such an enemy for doing whatever was necessary to keep peace while you and your ilk endlessly tried to start conflict... then draw your knife and try to kill me. I dare you... for if you succeed, I tell you now... no life nor stone upon a stone will be left in the Degas House. The temple in Jerusalem would have been said to have fared better after the Romans in AD 70.

(Viceroy... LOL DING DING)
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Lizabet wrote:From her spot at the balustrade watching the activities below, Liza hears a commotion and turns. Her eyes widen at the attack on Lady Gabrielle's reputation then she gasps at the Lady's violent response. Though they had been the closest of friends, she still held much respect for the Lady Gabrielle and hated to see her dignity so compromised. She moves to her side and places a tentative hand on her arm.

Lady Gabrielle, please don't upset yourself so. This.. this... she gives the man a long measured look filled with disgust and disdain. This cretin is beneath contempt, not worth anyone's notice. Let him rant as he wishes. By his very words he is showing his ignorance and bitterness. Who would take the rantings of such an obvious madman seriously?
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Post  arthur_loxley Fri Feb 12, 2010 12:37 pm

{Anteater} wrote:Anteater split off a post and will split off any more that are not clearly IC.

Role playing conflicts and arguments can be a lot of fun, but please if you do some heated role play:
take care to stay clearly in character
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2