Alternative RK
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[RP] Trial by Peer ... Lord Elmix - January 1458

Page 1 of 10 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

[RP] Trial by Peer ... Lord Elmix - January 1458 Empty [RP] Trial by Peer ... Lord Elmix - January 1458

Post  arthur_loxley Fri Feb 05, 2010 10:41 pm

Gabrielle_ wrote:This is the courtroom for the use of the Jurors in the Trial By Peer of Lord Elmix on the charge of Scandalum Magnatum levied by Lord Arthur Loxley.
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

[RP] Trial by Peer ... Lord Elmix - January 1458 Empty Re: [RP] Trial by Peer ... Lord Elmix - January 1458

Post  arthur_loxley Fri Feb 05, 2010 10:41 pm

Artur_le_breton wrote:Lord Artur le Breton in moderately fine robes and a dark warm fur cloak removes his hat as he enters chambers. A solemn but careful pace takes him behind the bench to take seat on one of the chairs reserved for the peers chosen as Finders of Fact for this case of determining whether misconduct in the form of great scandal has taken place.

Slowly, the baron takes a seat without speaking. Signing his name upon the registry of the chambers with a quill pen is his only other action besides gathering some manuscripts.
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

[RP] Trial by Peer ... Lord Elmix - January 1458 Empty Re: [RP] Trial by Peer ... Lord Elmix - January 1458

Post  arthur_loxley Fri Feb 05, 2010 10:42 pm

Aelfgar wrote:Aelfgar enters the chamber. It is strange to be free of his armour at last, now the campaigns on the border and Chester are concluded. Today he wears a black doublet, all the better to show off his chain of state. He greets Lord Artur and the Regent, then takes his seat to await the other jurors. Once present he will be able to open the Hearing.
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Arthur_loxley wrote:He walked in with papers in hand, ready to present his case against Elmix.
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Maladicta wrote:Mala arrived and entered the courtroom. Nodding a greeting to all who were present she took a seat and waited patiently for the trial to begin
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Chris_braveheart wrote:Chris enters the Chambers and takes a seat making sure to stop and talk to everyone gathered on the way to my seat....
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Revandenizen wrote:The door opened quickly but silently, as Revan rushed into the room to make sure she arrived in due time for the trial to begin. She nodded to her fellow jurors, smiling politely as she took her seat and pulled some parchment to her, ready to take notes for the beginning of the trial.
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Post  arthur_loxley Fri Feb 05, 2010 10:43 pm

Artur_le_breton wrote:The Baron of Cannock and Brewood rises, looking around to notice who is present and who is apparently absent.

"My fellow Triers." and offers a moment's pause.

"The accused, Lord Elmix, seems to not yet be present. I'd like to request either the Lord High Chancellor or the Black Rod send a written message to Lord Elmix reminding him of this hearing in the House of Lords Judges Chambers and insuring he has a key for entry. He might also be advised that if he wishes counsel from one of his peers of the greater House of Lords that he should make that request known, formally."

A nod of his head as he lowers to return to his seat. "Thank you."
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Post  arthur_loxley Fri Feb 05, 2010 10:43 pm

Revandenizen wrote:She raises her head up as she hears the Baron of Cannock and Brewood speak. As he sits, she clears her throat as well. "We are missing a juror as well, the Baron of Keynsham, Darien Balintyne. Could we have him contacted as well, so that this case is heard properly?"
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Post  arthur_loxley Fri Feb 05, 2010 10:44 pm

Darienbalintyne wrote:Darien rushes in all flustered at his late arrival, he nods to the people present and with his holy book in hand he signs the register and takes his seat to await the arrival of Lord Elmix.
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Arthur_loxley wrote:How long will we continue to wait for Elmix before proceedings can begin?
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Aelfgar wrote:Noble Jurors, Lords and Ladies

We are gathered in this court to hear and judge the allegation of Scandalum Magnatum that has been made against Lord Elmix. While we await his arrival there is a procedure our Jurors need to complete.

Noble Jurors, you are required by the laws of the House of Lords to select a Chief Juror. The required law for this exercise and the responsibilities of the Chief Juror are as follows:

The seated jurors shall choose among themselves one person to act as Chief Juror. The Chief Juror shall direct the proceedings and endeavor to ensure that the case is handled expediently. The Chief Juror shall be responsible for contacting witnesses and procuring their testimony. Jurors will investigate the law and evidence, including the questioning of witnesses and examination of relevant documents. The Jury shall have the right to ask for such testimony or documents from anyone whether or not a member of the House of Lords. At the conclusion of a trial the Chief Juror shall write a summary of the evidence and will ask all members of the jury to post their recommendations publicly to the trial thread.

Please advise us who among you shall be the Chief Juror, so the Lord High Chancellor may then describe the relevant laws which will govern this trial and formally open the hearing.
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Artur_le_breton wrote:Can the Lord High Chancellor confirm for the gathered Triers that the defendant, Lord Elmix, has in fact been given a key for admission here to appear before us and formally notified that a court room has been opened for a Trial by Peers for him to appear promptly before?

The date the notification was sent would be useful in relevance as well.
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Gabrielle_ wrote:On the day this court room was opened, all revelant participants were given access and notice made in the HoL of such.
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Artur_le_breton wrote:Thank you, Lady Gabrielle, for the confirmation that the accused does have full admittance to these chambers.

However it does concern me that perhaps the only notice given was a bulletin posted in the House of Lords with no direct communication given to the person due to stand before this Trial by Peer facing a charge of Scandalum Magnatum.

I know in the criminal courts such a message is sent immediately by Royal Messenger when a court case has been filed against an accused by the Public Prosecutor, directly notifying the individual. It seems proper procedure for a direct message to likewise be sent for cases of Trial by Peer.
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Post  arthur_loxley Fri Feb 05, 2010 10:45 pm

Aelfgar wrote:Lord Artur le Breton

Public notice was served in the House of Lord's forums. As this matter relates directly to Lord Elmix's reputation, one might have thought he would follow the debates?

However, a missive has been sent to Lord Elmix to alert him of this chamber and the impending trial. It also advises if he would care to appoint a defense counsellor.

As this hearing cannot commence until the Chief Juror is appointed and the Lord High Chancellor has detailed the relvant House laws, I believe the missive sent remains timely. I will advise if Lord Elmix opens the missive, before this hearing commences. If he does not and does not choose to attend, he may be tried in absentia.
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Post  arthur_loxley Fri Feb 05, 2010 10:45 pm

Artur_le_breton wrote:Thank you, Lord Aelfgar.

It is my opinion that an individual summons must be issued to both plaintiff and defendant for any Trial by Peer cases in the future as a matter of procedure. Though it might be expected that Peers would be interested in the proceedings going on within the House of Lords, there is no requirement that they attend or monitor bulletins posted therein.

If a direct message to Lord Elmix has now been issued, I now believe that standard has been met.
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Post  arthur_loxley Fri Feb 05, 2010 10:46 pm

Elmix wrote:As he finally receives a notification from Lord Aelfgar, he finally get to know where this will take place.

As he was still on the Northen border, the messege did traveled for some time to him.

Leaving Lady Jeal in charge there, he made his way and when he was there, he asked Knight Commander Aiiane to hold the army waiting outside for him.

You belong to the Army "KoP - 4th Division" commanded by Elmix

Then he comes in and enters in same KoP uniform he has been standing there

[RP] Trial by Peer ... Lord Elmix - January 1458 Elmix_KoP_uniform

As he enters, he see lot of ppl have been gathered there. However something catches his attention. It is the smell. Turning around to others he then understands whats the matter.

Greetings everyone! Sorry for beeing late. I am still busy on border and just yesterday receives a letter from Lord Aelfgar.

Umm, i have a 1 question though...are worms allowed here?

He asks waving his hand before his nose and sits down where he need to patiently waiting for answer.
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Darienbalintyne wrote:Darien watched lord Elmix enter and take his seat before he spoke "thank you for joining us Lord Elmix, we understand you are busy but appreciate the fact you have joined us".

Looking at his peers he then said "I would like to nominate Lady Revandenizen to be Chief Juror".

Darien resumed his seat and continued reading his notes while he waited for someone to respond.
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Maladicta wrote:Seeing that Lord Elmix had finally arrived Mala was glad that the trial could get started. 'I second Lady Revandenizen' she said in a quiet voice.
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Artur_le_breton wrote:I withhold my vote at this time, though raise no objection to the sole nominee so far.
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Ladyjennet wrote:Jennet enters the Judges Chambers, her silver collar of estate bright on her burgundy velvet gown. She nods in greeting to each member present and takes her place to preside over this hearing.

My Lord Elmix, welcome. Thank you for attending. I would ask, however, that we all make an attempt to maintain proper civility in this proceeding, and to please refrain from further...disrespectful commentary. If you please, my Lord.

My Lord Darien, thank you for your nomination of Lady Revan. My Lady, do you accept this nomination? And are there any other nominations for chief juror before we truly get under way?
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Post  arthur_loxley Fri Feb 05, 2010 10:47 pm

Elmix wrote:As he sits there and watches and listens to the procedures, he hears some already gathered and Lady Jennet answering to him.

I guess they are allowed then for now. And milady jennet, you know i am not used to very good english talk due to my not complete language knowledge and the fact i am not politician.

And i could not find any word which would charactherize someone crawling and without the backbone. I of course remain as polite as possible in the proceeding

He said and continued to follow the procedure.
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Arthur_loxley wrote:A smile crept upon Arthur's face. He knew that the attitude exhibited by Elmix would further lead credence to his charges.
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Revandenizen wrote:Revan's cheeks blushed as she heard her name once, and then twice as she was seconded. Jah in heaven, Revy, what did you get yourself into? she thought to herself as she looked around the room. Please? Anyone? Anyone else? The seconds ticked by as people remained silent as to another person to sit in as head juror. Her eyes darted around the room as she was asked if she would accept.

"I ...,' she gulped. Next time, you should really listen to your husband when he says to go on a vacation, she scolded herself. All she could do was sigh. "I will make the assumption that we wish things to move along so we can all go home to our families, so I accept the nomination."
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 10 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next